eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

About to give up on this mess of a game. I don't think any iteration of PES has made me so mad as this year's release. Every goal conceded, and opportunity missed, has little to do with skill, but rather some cock-up in the game. A refusal to switch to the correct player, a defender who watches the ball pass by instead of intercepting it, a forward who refuses to run, passes going completely the wrong way - not to mention how dribbling has been ruined - etc etc etc. There is such a rich plethora of frustrations in this game so I'm actually somewhat perplexed how Konami has even managed to mess up so many things in such a short time. So mad, so mad, so mad... :((

Last edited:
About to give up on this mess of a game. I don't think any iteration of PES has made me so mad as this year's release. Every goal conceded, and opportunity missed, has little to do with skill, but rather some cock-up in the game. A refusal to switch to the correct player, a defender who watches the ball pass by instead of intercepting it, a forward who refuses to run, passes going completely the wrong way - not to mention how dribbling has been ruined - etc etc etc. There is such a rich plethora of frustrations in this game so I'm actually somewhat perplexed how Konami has even managed to mess up so many things in such a short time. So mad, so mad, so mad... :((

Online or offline?

I only play offline and it's a completely different experience to what you have described

No, I understood exactly what you said, it's just you are unequivocally wrong. You might enjoy repeating yourself, but I've said what I wanted to and shan't say it again.
No, I'm really not. Go edit a team to 100 everything and you'll see no difference, in fact if anything the opposition will play better as a result or your team will play worse, either way you won't see players running/passing/shooting better, that's for sure! Honestly, go do it, don't respond just do it then you'll have actual evidence. Your choice, but I'm giving you the proof :)

To eliminate the micro-stuttering is by setting the PES2020.exe priority to "High" in Windows Task Manager. But you have to do this manually each time when the game is started. Previously this can be done easily by installing a small program called Prio. Unfortunately the program doesn't works with Windows 10

No, I'm really not. Go edit a team to 100 everything and you'll see no difference, in fact if anything the opposition will play better as a result or your team will play worse, either way you won't see players running/passing/shooting better, that's for sure! Honestly, go do it, don't respond just do it then you'll have actual evidence. Your choice, but I'm giving you the proof :)

That's not proof, it's your anecdotal opinion, and also simply not true.
As I've said once. I've spent quite a while now building a custom DB with entirely randomised player stats and abilities and see the wide spectrum of abilities and stats differences. I can't tell you I could tell the difference between a player that's a had an individual stat bumped up or down by one or two points. But I have a firm feeling now of the different stats and capabilities of individual players based not only on their OVR, but also the different 'shapes' of players. Players absolutely run or shoot better and, except for in extreme handicapping situations (which certainly happen in the ML and the frequency seems to be dictated to by the difficulty level), a 100 OVR player will be extremely obvious as a far better player. Even with the handicapping, the stats still make a large difference and a player with better passing or shooting or dribbling will still be far better than other players on your team. There's one thing to say you don't like handicapping. But to suggest this means that varying assisted or manual controls or player stats are meaningless because of it is absurd.

This is one of the worst conspiracy theory i ever heard

Btw.... all team plays exactly the same. No matter of tactics and strategy before the match, at least on "Top Player". The CPUs, whole gameplay is based on whether you pressing it or not. If you do not press, but wait and make basic cover, 99% of the cases, all teams like Barsa, Pool or Sauthhamtop, play with short easy passes for while, then hit a high pass to stickers and if you have tall and strong defender who plays well with the head, stopping them without problems.

Last edited:
That's not proof, it's your anecdotal opinion, and also simply not true.
As I've said once. I've spent quite a while now building a custom DB with entirely randomised player stats and abilities and see the wide spectrum of abilities and stats differences. I can't tell you I could tell the difference between a player that's a had an individual stat bumped up or down by one or two points. But I have a firm feeling now of the different stats and capabilities of individual players based not only on their OVR, but also the different 'shapes' of players. Players absolutely run or shoot better and, except for in extreme handicapping situations (which certainly happen in the ML and the frequency seems to be dictated to by the difficulty level), a 100 OVR player will be extremely obvious as a far better player. Even with the handicapping, the stats still make a large difference and a player with better passing or shooting or dribbling will still be far better than other players on your team. There's one thing to say you don't like handicapping. But to suggest this means that varying assisted or manual controls or player stats are meaningless because of it is absurd.

You are building a team using stock players. Within those parameters there will be differences to team performance based on player ability. But that's not what I said which again proves you are only looking at what you want. I told you it's to do with actually editing players. If you want to be ignorant but defiant then fine but I told you what to do to prove I'm right and the fact you wont even reflects on the type of person you are, ignorant and stubborn. If you won't even look at the proof then I've no more time for you.

Good luck with ML.

There's someone here who's playing Online? Because I can't find any opponent. I can only play with COM but this is f-ed up guys. I bought the game to playing with the com in Online? WTF? I mean if I can't play online Why am I even bother to buy this game? I can download for free. I know you doesn't tolerate warez stuff but come on... this is outrageous.

You are building a team using stock players. Within those parameters there will be differences to team performance based on player ability. But that's not what I said which again proves you are only looking at what you want. I told you it's to do with actually editing players. If you want to be ignorant but defiant then fine but I told you what to do to prove I'm right and the fact you wont even reflects on the type of person you are, ignorant and stubborn. If you won't even look at the proof then I've no more time for you.

Good luck with ML.

Someone isn't reading. I've clearly stated my DB has entirely new players, all randomly generated. Your statements become more factually inaccurate and inconsistent with every post.

Someone isn't reading. I've clearly stated my DB has entirely new players, all randomly generated. Your statements become more factually inaccurate and inconsistent with every post.

Could you please explain to me how on Earth you registered in 2003 and yet managed to stay completely silent and quiet until October 4th 2019, which is when your timer went off and you practically took over the whole thread, every day, every hour, every minute, every second?.
I'm curious.

Could you please explain to me how on Earth you registered in 2003 and yet managed to stay completely silent and quiet until October 4th 2019, which is when your timer went off and you practically took over the whole thread, every day, every hour, every minute, every second?.
I'm curious.

I'm only ever really active in years that the game keeps my interest. The last time it did was a while ago :) (I think PES 4 and 2013?). But I've since got a job where I can read the forum at work while waiting on code to run. So I'm mostly active in office hours. Plus a little bit of activity this year because I wanted to play with the data itself.

I'm only ever really active in years that the game keeps my interest. The last time it did was a while ago :) (I think PES 4 and 2013?). But I've since got a job where I can read the forum at work while waiting on code to run. So I'm mostly active in office hours. Plus a little bit of activity this year because I wanted to play with the data itself.

Thanks for clearing that up. You were such an enigma.

Let me ask you this, did you actually edit each player to 100 everything and the other team to minimum like I said? Please do that and see what happens. I can tell you now, I've edited players to 100% everything and seen no difference in their play when I field them, and this is against another team which has 0 stats. Now what I will add is that the game mode was versus (I was playing a friend) and his team (edited to 0 everything) played just as fast if not faster than my team (edited to 100 everything). So maybe it is game mode specific - there is a huge personality gulf between modes so perhaps this is why.

Another thing I would suggest doing - if you think the game is fair and consistent is play a game online and tell me why the players suddenly become slow and unresponsive (nothing to do with lag) where player support becomes zero (undermining any tactical effectiveness) and where passes/shots become extremely inconsistent as does cursor change, all effectively rendering stats meaningless, but like magic this will all suddenly change and the opposing team will encounter the same issue for a period of time. Have you experienced this?

Have you played versus or online at all also we are talking about the PC version, right?

Last edited:
There's someone here who's playing Online? Because I can't find any opponent. I can only play with COM but this is f-ed up guys. I bought the game to playing with the com in Online? WTF? I mean if I can't play online Why am I even bother to buy this game? I can download for free. I know you doesn't tolerate warez stuff but come on... this is outrageous.

I don't play online because the gameplay is kinda broken not to mention the server system is terrible, tbh I wouldn't buy the PC version (I'm presuming that's the version you have) to play online.

Btw.... all team plays exactly the same. No matter of tactics and strategy before the match, at least on "Top Player". The CPUs, whole gameplay is based on whether you pressing it or not. If you do not press, but wait and make basic cover, 99% of the cases, all teams like Barsa, Pool or Sauthhamtop, play with short easy passes for while, then hit a high pass to stickers and if you have tall and strong defender who plays well with the head, stopping them without problems.
This is not throue.. Many diffrent styles of playing whit diffrent teams in my ML

I don't play online because the gameplay is kinda broken not to mention the server system is terrible, tbh I wouldn't buy the PC version (I'm presuming that's the version you have) to play online.

Yes I have the PC version. To be honest I'm not a big time online player but sometimes I do it for fun. But if I can't play online than the game is worthless. It's like I've downloaded from torrent.

Do you use mods? You can't play online with additional CPKs.

This is not throue.. Many diffrent styles of playing whit diffrent teams in my ML

Master League is an offline mode try checking if your tactics work online or in a versus, for large parts of the game you'll find they don't make a difference.

I've noticed when people make a point about a feature within the game they don't mention which game mode they were playing in. I think it would help us narrow down the game's issues even more if people can say what difficulty, what mode (ML, Mc, Exhibition etc) as I believe there is a very stark contrast between what works offline and what works online. I believe this game suffers from split personality in that it performs completely different depending on the game mode played. So, if everyone explained what mode they were playing in relation to their point then we could establish patterns and help narrow down the problem(s).

Online or offline?

I only play offline and it's a completely different experience to what you have described

Online (MyClub and Online Divisions).

Perhaps I should give it a go offline then...in PES 2019 I found that offline play was too scripted to be enjoyable, so I ended up playing online only, but maybe Offline is a different story this year?

Back
Top Bottom