eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

Where a few people posted clear videos (including myself) that the CPU does buy into shot/cross fakes. For this particualr skill it works fine, as long as it's applicable to the situation.

The RS skill are still in their infancy for me this year. In previous years I would oft use it for nice first touches around defenders and so forth. However, this year I have only just started to experiment with this to find if there is some decent ways to make space out wide with it. I'm not convinced so far that you can't make as much (if not more) space with just little LS changes of weight and/or R2/R1 combination usage. I will persevere (where it's 'safe') as there's some lovely moves in there, but at the moment. Just holding R2 while static on the angle or using a nutmeg type is far more effective at turning a player with your back to them. Whereas last year, there were lots of skills that allowed this.
I got my ps4 trophy for faking a shot and then scoring just today. That tells me I have been faking for some time but not scoring after. ;)
Anyway.. besides It flaws, wich i can overlook because other parts of the game shine so bright, this game is giving me so much joy right now. It’s crazy. I am crazy. :D Crazy in love!!!

Wait, are the servers down or is the game requiring an online connection to be launched now?
s88EbuW.png

It wasn't like that before. I could easily start the game with the firewall rule which blocked it from accessing the Internet enabled, but now it looks like I cannot anymore.

EDIT: after launching it once with the Internet connection on (disabling the rule) it now launches again without connection.

I think the .exe needs to connect to the Denuvo servers from time to time to make sure that your copy is legit. This is also the case for other Denuvo games which actually can be played offline.

It's been like that since PES 2017 using denuvo. For legit users, there's no way to play this game offline without internet connection, try to open the game with steam offline and you'll get white screen and the game automatically closed by itself. I really wish they removed this DRM crap for older version of PES. I know they need to protect this game from piracy but doing things like this only hurt legit customers. We paid the game but can't even play it offline, that's stupid move from konami.

It's been like that since PES 2017 using denuvo. For legit users, there's no way to play this game offline without internet connection, try to open the game with steam offline and you'll get white screen and the game automatically closed by itself. I really wish they removed this DRM crap for older version of PES. I know they need to protect this game from piracy but doing things like this only hurt legit customers. We paid the game but can't even play it offline, that's stupid move from konami.

It really didn't protect the game from piracy, did it? All of them got cracked. All it did was making legit users day worse.

This is one of the reason why I usually don't buy their games. I can't afford internet 24/7 and while it's still possible to launch the game online using my mobile data and then disconnect internet after I launch the game, that alone still eats too much of my mobile data and there is a strict limit on mobile data here.

I got my ps4 trophy for faking a shot and then scoring just today. That tells me I have been faking for some time but not scoring after. ;)
Anyway.. besides It flaws, wich i can overlook because other parts of the game shine so bright, this game is giving me so much joy right now. It’s crazy. I am crazy. :D Crazy in love!!!
Fake-shot nutmegs are pure bliss :D

It really didn't protect the game from piracy, did it? All of them got cracked. All it did was making legit users day worse.

This is one of the reason why I usually don't buy their games. I can't afford internet 24/7 and while it's still possible to launch the game online using my mobile data and then disconnect internet after I launch the game, that alone still eats too much of my mobile data and there is a strict limit on mobile data here.

IMO, It's not about the game. Denuvo is the main problem. Also you can see how big file .exe is, it's bloated with drm. Here's for example how bloated exe file with denuvo in it.

Another example is PES 2016 which was the last version of PES with steam DRM. Its exe file only takes ~30 MB no bloated denuvo.

Now compare with PES 2017, same engine, same shitty port from old gen but has bigger exe file with ~100 MB fueled with denuvo !

Technically, it's successfully stops from being cracked for few weeks or months. Hell, PES 2020 also hasn't been cracked for 1 month now. Last time i check, PES 2019 was cracked 2 months after released. Well nothing's uncrackable, it only "delayed" for few weeks. As far as i know, denuvo DRM is not cheap, there's a leak out there that to protect AAA games devs / publishers have to pay 100.000 EUR ( this is from old reddit, maybe the price is higher now, who knows ? ) Imagine if konami allocate those big money for something else.

I have no problem with DRM, but to this type of DRM is really really stupid and that's my biggest problem with any games with denuvo.

Last edited:
IMO, It's not about the game. Denuvo is the main problem. Also you can see how big file .exe is, it's bloated with drm. Here's for example how bloated exe file with denuvo in it.

Another example is PES 2016 which was the last version of PES with steam DRM. Its exe file only takes ~30 MB no bloated denuvo.

Now compare with PES 2017, same engine, same shitty port from old gen but has bigger exe file with ~100 MB fueled with denuvo !

Technically, it's successfully stops from being cracked for few weeks or months. Hell, PES 2020 also hasn't been cracked for 1 month now. Last time i check, PES 2019 was cracked 2 months after released. Well nothing's uncrackable, it only "delayed" for few weeks. As far as i know, denuvo DRM is not cheap, there's a leak out there that to protect AAA games devs / publishers have to pay 100.000 EUR ( this is from old reddit, maybe the price is higher now, who knows ? ) Imagine if konami allocate those big money for something else.

I have no problem with DRM, but to this type of DRM is really really stupid and that's my biggest problem with any games with denuvo.
Well, they only need to sell 2000 additional copies because of Denuvo so it pays off.

By the way, Denuvo is not the reason why an internet connection is required to start the game (apart from the occasional verification). This problem already existed in PES 2015 which was the first Steam exclusive release.

Why any recording progs like fraps, bandicat plays movies with major stuttering. I tried to set varoius fps from 30 to 144 and all looks like maximum fps ?

Holding R2 while static (when receiving the ball) allows the ball to run past you (used to be R1 while static). Trust me, R2 still does a lot for dribbling and first touch besides that.

RS was entirely different last year; then is when I used it. They've changed entirely how R2 and RS work this year. I've only started to get a feel for what RS is capable of this year.
I never said it doesn’t. Just misunderstood you. Thanks for clearing it up.

Though the RS finesse dribble adds nothing that wasn’t available last year with R2 in terms of new animations the players can make. The only actual new animation is the one where the player turns around, and that’s not even useful! I wish it wasn’t there! :D in fact, that statement is ever so slightly not true; the ONLY animation which is now easier to do is to quickly roll the ball once left or right. That was actually quite difficult to do before, especially as your first touch. Before it was far too awkward trying to press the left stick at an angle and press R2 at the same time.

Appreciate everyone has their own views, and no doubt plenty of people don’t despise it as much as I do, but I’ve still yet to see anyone put forward a proper argument to defend it.

uf i play in master league with seria A WITH stadium server with all the italian stadiums will it automatcally pic the italian stadium or do i have to mnaually adjust via sider? that said can i just add the stadiums into game via getting the cpk files to take over the stadiums>

Yesterday i saw this for the first time in PES history:
A player (cpu) dived in penalty area to gain penalty at 85+ (cpu was loosing 1-0), but referee saw that, and gave foul against him.
I did tried to slide tacke him, but did not touch his feet.

Denuvo really isn't that much of a problem. Fifa uses Denuvo, heck many other game uses Denuvo and they can still be played offline.

Even if PES removes denuvo, konami would still make the internet connection mandatory.

And the direction gaming has been taking [hint: stupid clud gaming], soon even on consoles we will be forced to have internet connection 100% of the time, probably loose access to launching the game once they decide to stop servers even if we have the files locally.

Why any recording progs like fraps, bandicat plays movies with major stuttering. I tried to set varoius fps from 30 to 144 and all looks like maximum fps ?

Try using Nvidia share then. It's much better.

Or use OBS but OBS has a lot of issues with hooking up with games and it's a pain in the ass to record since there will be issues randomly.

Hasnt even opened the game in two weeks
Thought about doing all those things to play the demo but simply opened civ vi or age of mythology instead. Way better gaming exp imo

just wish we had the demo to play online with 20 teams and 10 min games, that would be better than the final product

Im all for start a movement and ask for konami to do something like this if these patches dont make things better (they wont)

I´d say YES.

It depends on so many factors and what you personally expect of solo gameplay.
But you can mod the hell out of this game and even can try gameplay mods, hoping to find one that suits to your likings.
THIS GAME IS PISSING ME OFF!!!

I cannot play one full game online why?! This does not happen on other games I play online, why only on PES?!

I've port forward, DMZ'd everything!

I was having the same issue, but it seems to have started working for me

Courtesy of https://twitter.com/Durandil67

So, apart from the upgraded faces we've seen already, apparently these new ones will be coming:

EHAYvHDXkAAi5EX

---

As someone who's new around these parts, do Konami upgrade the stats of players over the year? Or is Dan James stuck on 72 and Ansu Fati on 70 until they progress in ML? I'm assuming they don't downgrade many, despite there being plety of suitable candidates!

Last edited:
This game is one huge " Brain Dead Simulator." If I'm the owner of some of the Konami partners club, I will want my club out of this game fasters way possible, because they make all players act like complete re
tar
ds. Even real-life Bulgarian National team don't look to bad compere with the best players in eF2020 and that talks a lot, basically because the Bulgarian National Team is the worst football team in football history. Оr, as the commentator said during the match against England "Bulgarian footballers, do not have to walk in the Forest because they will be cut off."

I don't remember when I was so disgusted with the gameplay of the PES game. I really can't remember the last time I watched so often angry swearing and wondering "why is this happening?" Can't I just feel that way? Over the years I went through PES2008, PES 2010, PES 2012, PES 2014-2017, survived all this, endured all this junk, but no longer can, I may have done. In my opinion, this will be the future of the PES series and I cannot take it anymore.

P.S. All my eF2020 experience is base on mostly My Club Co-op games and a bit of Master League and BaL.

Even real-life Bulgarian National team don't look to bad compere with the best players in eF2020 and that talks a lot, basically because the Bulgarian National Team is the worst football team in football history. Оr, as the commentator said during the match against England "Bulgarian footballers, do not have to walk in the Forest because they will be cut off."
Unfortunately or fortunately, you just like those commentators haven't seen Latvian national team "in action"...

Unfortunately or fortunately, you just like those commentators haven't seen Latvian national team "in action"...
Offtopic:
I wanna " Like " your post but.. if I do it, that means that I agree on Latvia is worst but... I don't think so.

Please do me a favor.
Play an exhibition match Japan Vs Portugal. (Japan is you, Portugal the Cpu) at Professional Level, vanilla game.
Always first match (after exiting the game) Portugal scores 5 goals.
Portugal looks unbeatable, reads every pass, and has 85-95% pass accuracy (150 out ot 165 passes).
When i steal the ball, foul is called, my players fall down after any contact, i mark portugal player with three defenders, i steal the ball, my players collide each other, and portugal player regains possesion, and generally portugal players are marking very tightly.
I didn't notice such heavy...script?..before.

re
tar
ds. Even real-life Bulgarian National team don't look to bad compere with the best players in eF2020 and that talks a lot, basically because the Bulgarian National Team is the worst football team in football history. Оr, as the commentator said during the match against England "Bulgarian footballers, do not have to walk in the Forest because they will be cut off."
:LMAO:And they say to people don't get angry - I loled so hard reading that. Don't worry dude, next year will be one of the best versions. Konami will see all the reactions and maybe even employ Inca to design the gameplay:D

Please do me a favor.
Play an exhibition match Japan Vs Portugal. (Japan is you, Portugal the Cpu) at Professional Level, vanilla game.
Always first match (after exiting the game) Portugal scores 5 goals.
Portugal looks unbeatable, reads every pass, and has 85-95% pass accuracy (150 out ot 165 passes).
When i steal the ball, foul is called, my players fall down after any contact, i mark portugal player with three defenders, i steal the ball, my players collide each other, and portugal player regains possesion, and generally portugal players are marking very tightly.
I didn't notice such heavy...script?..before.
I'm interested to do that and I'll let you know

Edit: BTW it was a nice game

Last edited:
As someone who's new around these parts, do Konami upgrade the stats of players over the year? Or is Dan James stuck on 72 and Ansu Fati on 70 until they progress in ML? I'm assuming they don't downgrade many, despite there being plety of suitable candidates!
Yes these things are upgraded through the year.For example David Luiz was 78 rated in Pes 19 at first but then with an update he become 85.Also things like players height get upgraded.They made Koulibaly 1.95 from 1.87 at some point last year.Although i don't think that he's actually that tall in real life lol.

Back
Top Bottom