eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

I've spent the last month fine tuning everything in edit mode. I got OCD with stuff like players names. If I see one and it says, for instance, M.Harris - I've had to edit it so the surname is a space away from the dot. I think I'm weird.
Same, 100% same. In every sports game, when I'm entering my name, I have to know how every other name is formatted so I don't get myself into a situation where (e.g.) golfer C. DAVIES is on the leaderboard next to WOODS. Tell me how it should be formatted before you ask me...

Same, 100% same. In every sports game, when I'm entering my name, I have to know how every other name is formatted so I don't get myself into a situation where (e.g.) golfer C. DAVIES is on the leaderboard next to WOODS. Tell me how it should be formatted before you ask me...

Ha ha, i am exactly the same. When entering my manager’s name i get it wrong 9 times out of 10. Either it should be all capitals or a mixture of both or initial and surname. Even creating my own team name wrong can be ‘game breaking’. Seeing Canvey Eagles in the same league as ARSENAL is a killer :P

Yes, the great banned bundler and stealer of other peoples work,that's one hell of a download for lots of black stadiums.
He must have spent Nil hours testing those before releasing as His very own pack.

I would hate to see this thread turned into a BitraidBec helpdesk.

Why not look in our own stadium section to try & fix the black ones from the community there..

great atmosphere at the spurs stadium tonight that was televised. i think it backfired cos the pressure taking pens there must be immense for the rookies.

well done to norwich.

if i can get pes to give me that sorta atmosphere on pc, then i'll be back trying the PC version soon

I'm using this stadium pack with the Evoweb patch and ive been getting lots of black stadiums, does anybody else use this patch & this stadium pack and have any feedback on how they got it working?

https://www.pesnewupdate.com/2019/12/pes-2020-stadiums-addon-stadium-server.html?m=1

Best to ask in StadiumServer thread or in "StadiumServer problems" thread - both in Editing Forum section. I'm no expert in stadiums, but I've seen black stadiums in two situations typically:

1) stadium files for specific weather conditions / season are missing. For example, stadium creator only made a Day/Fine/Summer scenario, but not Night/Rain/Summer, etc.
2) stadiums are from PES 2019, and not properly converted to PES 2020.

Yep, a surprise DLC 5 drop from Konami :CONF:
after future inspection, it include UNIVERSIDAD DE CHILE kit, Bayern's 120th-year anniversary kit, and some face update. but I can't seem to find any official news about it from the Internet

Like RKO, it came outta nowhere, lol.

And it's about faces.

The future of gaming is bleak, man.

I'm not about to drop £500+ on a new console, just to see higher-definition eyebrows.

Are you really not interested in anything other than football games? If yes, then just upgrading PC components is obviously the best for you.

Did they really just update Neymars hair to reflect a style he only wore for 1 game???

I understand they've built a rod for their own back now with the scanned faces and that we can't edit them now because they're basically baked in, But they can't keep allocating resources to update players who change their hair every week and leave you stuck with it for 3 months until the next DP.

You're fighting a losing battle trying to keep up with today's hyperactive fashion of footballers and you'll never please everyone playing the game either so you may as well find a way to make the edit player work the way it used to.

Did they really just update Neymars hair to reflect a style he only wore for 1 game???

I understand they've built a rod for their own back now with the scanned faces and that we can't edit them now because they're basically baked in, But they can't keep allocating resources to update players who change their hair every week and leave you stuck with it for 3 months until the next DP.

You're fighting a losing battle trying to keep up with today's hyperactive fashion of footballers and you'll never please everyone playing the game either so you may as well find a way to make the edit player work the way it used to.

FIFA's Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana DLC killed PES.
End of.

They needed to do something and do it quick to try to prove people they're still breathing. And they came up with this desperate attempt at that.
Now they will rush the heck out of the EURO DLC which will of course be underwhelming -because it's Konami- and things will go on as it nothing happened. Until they announce PES 2021 and win Best Sports Game at every Event, people who attend to these events will say it's a whole new game and it's amazing, but somehow they changed it for worse later on for the Demo version and even worser than worse in the full game version.

Etc..
I've seen this movie before.

Are you really not interested in anything other than football games? If yes, then just upgrading PC components is obviously the best for you.
A) Not really, football games are all I keep coming back to - but more importantly, B) I don't see the new tech giving us anything other than shinier graphics. For every type of game out there.

Ray-tracing etc. looks great but it'd be even better if AI patterns etc. used the power of modern technology. Even there, it won't happen, because offline gaming is out, multiplayer is in. Less AI and more raw input, the e-sports effect. It's just sad - I remember buying e.g. Gran Turismo and marvelling at how much deeper the physics had become. With football games they seem to be - no, are - getting worse, for the sake of instant reactions and "guaranteed fun".

Bit of an off topic, but I dont think its a permanent state of things, Chris. There is still a big crowd that keeps the offline going - both - developers and players. There are studios that still focus primarily on single player and being praised for their work.
I dont think we are at the stage, where there's no hope for anything else than better graphics. Not yet, anyway.

Said it before and I'll say it again - out of all the devs whose games I follow, I simply cannot believe how terrible Konami's comms are with the PES games. I'm used to companies like Stellaris by Paradox (weekly blog updates going into detail about specific game features, live streams before new updates to show differences), Il2 Sturmovik by 1C (bi-weekly update blogs, detailed roadmaps, ongoing forum interaction), Dirt Rally by Codemasters (social manager is a former Konami employee who is constantly active in answering questions on forum and Discord) and Assetto Corsa by Kunos (long YouTube streams showing how to get the best of new content).

Aside from an ML that still has waaaay out of date regen/AI tactics, the bare minimum I'd expect from comms is detailed patch logs, some content previews and interactions on social channels to answer frequent questions, but even this seems to be beyond Konami. I've really enjoyed the base game (first non-FM football game since FIFA 13 and first PES since ~PES 5) and I actually like the faces/kits/stadiums being added to the game, but the neglect shown means this certainly won't become a regular purchase for me.

Project CARS 2 (I think it's that one) forces you to use your Steam name instead of an in game one that matches the AI. Nothing in that game annoyed me as much...

So in 14 days comes the dlc 6 with euro 2020

Hi Paolo, I copied this from the Sider thread so as not to derail it, but just wondering where you got that information from?

Last edited:
Project CARS 2 (I think it's that one) forces you to use your Steam name instead of an in game one that matches the AI. Nothing in that game annoyed me as much...
Sorry to continue the off-topic, but, The Golf Club 2019 does the same thing. You can edit 100s and 100s of fake golfers to make them all the real deal (PES style), create entire tours to match the real thing...

...but you can't change that, wherever you are on the leaderboard, it looks like:

P. Waring
T. Fleetwood
G0LFG4M3R69_xD
L. Westwood

Makes me crazy.

Sorry to continue the off-topic, but, The Golf Club 2019 does the same thing. You can edit 100s and 100s of fake golfers to make them all the real deal (PES style), create entire tours to match the real thing...

...but you can't change that, wherever you are on the leaderboard, it looks like:

P. Waring
T. Fleetwood
G0LFG4M3R69_xD
L. Westwood

Makes me crazy.

Glad I'm not the only one!

These temporary haircuts that are being updated into datapacks, is some of the worst pseudo-fanservice KONAMI does, just for the sake of the database to not look outdated.
Also for us the console people this and the permalocked hairstyles can lead to tedious traps like in PES 2017. It is the last DP update and Messi-Suarez-Neymar had their hair coloured like Sharron Stone for a reason, i think only for a month IRL. KONAMI decides to not give another update after February, 2017 was the game with the less DPs, resulting us being trapped forever with those bloody and ridiculous platinum-blond hairstyles! !!

I think that's true for multiplayer races. In the career, you can use your real name.

I think that's true for multiplayer races. In the career, you can use your real name.

Oh, yeah, I only did quick races - the career annoys me because the weather is pre scripted

To try to get back on topic, does anyone know if DP6 is the Euros DLC or if that’s be just conjecture from some users?

While we're on the subject of formating, I will never understand Konami's uppercase fetish. EA do this aswell, Team & Player names in ghastly, Juvenile caps.

Thankfully we used to option file editors for the older PES's that did this but unless I'm mistaken, It's not possible on 2020.

I think next gen cpu and gpus on consoles will give much more tools to have a lot more intricate and alot better AI developed games. Of course it's up to developers to use all that processing power.

Look at Luke Shaw goal, did anyone ever score like that in PES ?

Unfortunalety not.
A lot of volley goals but not a volley with a bounce to the ground.

I remember that we had that in a release, though. Those volleys with a bounce to the ground.
Was it PES 2014?
What I also miss, is a header to the ground. In PES 2014 you could perform it with :square: + :triangle:.

Btw, is it only me or have the throughballs been reworked with the latest update?
I have to load up the power bar more than before.

Before I turn on my PC.

Is there any way I can stop the game updating. Finally got it playing well with patches and Sider, and adboards and cpks and modified exes so there's fouls and etc, etc, etc

Don't think I can face anything other than loading the game up and playing it, feels like every time I do I have to spend 45 mins in Windows before I can even kick a ball.

Would turning off my internet work?

Back
Top Bottom