eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

Hi guys. PES 2020 going crazy when I`m playing it. I dont know what`s happening with their gameplay, but my players were too crazy. Wrong motions, sharp gameplay full of motion glitches. I`ve noticed that straight after the new update, to 5.0 version. I do respect PES gameplay for its smoothness, but now... I`m confused. It feels like I`m playing FIFA 2020, ping pong.

I usually try to play online division (with PSG) and I notice that I sometimes come upon opponents where literally everything they do is quicker, and faster than what I do. Their defenders immediately close down space and easily catch up with my fastest attackers (e.g. Mbappé) whereas my defenders seemingly are slow to react, my attacking players are slow to join the attack etc etc etc. It sometimes feels like they have a 12th man on the pitch.

Is this some kind of cheat, scripting at its finest or is it just me who just hasn't understood some vital part of the game?

Still having this bloody issue...does anyone know why this happens?

Today I played Roma and my opponent was PSV. Literally everything he did was faster, he would take the ball away from me before my player had even received it and got it under control and his attackers ran away from my defenders with ease.

Is this some f*cking script or is there something with the tactics that makes your players so much more aggressive and quick?

It's driving me fucking nuts/mad. Every time I think I figured out the game some shit like this happens and it leaves me dumbfounded and mad as hell. Ugh! :BRICK:

It is scripting. Spend some money on those coins and you will get a boost. I played a bit of a myclub and noticed scripting vs few types of opponents (vs new teams <10 matches, vs teams built via coins).
That online crap is why offline is not as good as it used to be. Naughty Konami.

It is scripting. Spend some money on those coins and you will get a boost. I played a bit of a myclub and noticed scripting vs few types of opponents (vs new teams <10 matches, vs teams built via coins).
That online crap is why offline is not as good as it used to be. Naughty Konami.

Ok, what I was talking about is online divisions where there are no coins etc. involved. I stopped playing MyClub because of the obvious scripting issues and was hoping online divisions would be different, but yet it feels many times like things are completely out of my control 😞

Finally, somebody else to say it... I talk about that from the begging. Hole gameplay scripting, unresponsive, unaware players, strange reaction, passes and animations, all that is AI/Konami manipulations and gameplay control base on how much money do you spend, or how to make you involve in the game. They make gambling machines from years, they know very well how human emotion works to spend more and more. They are smart guys, they know what to do. Basically you fight whit your players do what do you want, they do what AI told them, that why it feels so awful and unresponsive. Of course, that damages whole PES games evolution, at least in the direction that we want, but they do not care, because PES make tons of money, for now, they do not have reason to stop. PES that we know and want die when MyClub was born.

Finally, somebody else to say it... I talk about that from the begging. Hole gameplay scripting, unresponsive, unaware players, strange reaction, passes and animations, all that is AI/Konami manipulations and gameplay control base on how much money do you spend, or how to make you involve in the game. They make gambling machines from years, they know very well how human emotion works to spend more and more. They are smart guys, they know what to do. Basically you fight whit your players do what do you want, they do what AI told them, that why it feels so awful and unresponsive. Of course, that damages whole PES games evolution, at least in the direction that we want, but they do not care, because PES make tons of money, for now, they do not have reason to stop. PES that we know and want die when MyClub was born.
What modes are you talking about - i dont see any unresponsiveness or weird passing in league mode on legendary - its challenging but i never feel cheated

What modes are you talking about - i dont see any unresponsiveness or weird passing in league mode on legendary - its challenging but i never feel cheated
Since he says about spending "extra" money, it is more than obvious what game mode is discussed.

Is there any way to make my game look better? im playing on 2k max settings and it doesnt look that great. e.g grass isnt fully 3d etc.
ive done the radeon settings x16 etc but still

Ok, what I was talking about is online divisions where there are no coins etc. involved. I stopped playing MyClub because of the obvious scripting issues and was hoping online divisions would be different, but yet it feels many times like things are completely out of my control 😞
I think all that is linked, my theory is that hole online experience is base on how much do you spend, like time and money. Not only in MyClub. How I say, they are smart and they know that must equal all online modes as an experience because if people notice that there is scripting in myclub and in the other online modes not, it is very clear that people will stop playing my club and Konami does not want it.

Last edited:
I guess you're right there's plenty video on YT with the same goal.

I've never seen a goal like this again in newer PES engine.
Haven’t you played 2017?!

Reg your latest video: it’s cool. But the unnatural movement is putting me off. Nice goal (is it on fuma?), but it looks nothing super special. The dip is nice!

Haven’t you played 2017?!

Reg your latest video: it’s cool. But the unnatural movement is putting me off. Nice goal (is it on fuma?), but it looks nothing super special. The dip is nice!

Oh mate, you have no idea. I'm still playing PES 2017 on PC to this day. The video isn't mine. Well the goal IS special, I was referring to shaw's goal here, What makes it special is Iive never score like that in PES with Fox Engine, i'd love to see if anyone can provide a goal like that in PES with FOX Engine ( PES 2014 onwards... )

PES 2017 is great but it's too easy for me now even with superstar difficulty and i need new challenge, so far my PES 2020 experience is good

Oh mate, you have no idea. I'm still playing PES 2017 on PC to this day. The video isn't mine. Well the goal IS special, I was referring to shaw's goal here, What makes it special is Iive never score like that in PES with Fox Engine, i'd love to see if anyone can provide a goal like that in PES with FOX Engine ( PES 2014 onwards... )

PES 2017 is great but it's too easy for me now even with superstar difficulty and i need new challenge, so far my PES 2020 experience is good
yeah, i had a look. that drop kick that loops over the header! lovely stuff that happens every 10 years. none the less: awesome looking!
it wasnt intended you know, right!?

never had one of those, afair. this would be a scuffed volley attempt... and as 2017 has those stuff in it (even if not a lot), this could be possible here. but i dont think so. its not wanted from the code, i guess.

did you do those droppping volleys that loop in older PES titles? what version was it? can you provide a video?

2017 is too easy? switch to fuma mate! racing games are easy as well when you have steering, braking and acceleration aids actived! plus, with help like this you give away a big part of the gameplay (in any game!!), imo!

Last edited:
First of all i hope i am writing in the correct topic.
Congratulations on your work in pes 2020.Great patch.I have a question.I started master league few days ago and i saw that the qualification rules for Champions League in Serie A were wrong. It says that the first and second team earn a berth in the group stage and the 3rd in play offs and that's wrong because due to the new rules,the top four teams in the Serie A qualify straight to the UEFA Champions League. Is there a way to fix it? I don't mind to change it by my own but i find it a little bit difficult to understand how the pes editor works.
Thanks a lot :)

yeah, i had a look. that drop kick that loops over the header! lovely stuff that happens every 10 years. none the less: awesome looking!
it wasnt intended you know, right!?

never had one of those, afair. this would be a scuffed volley attempt... and as 2017 has those stuff in it (even if not a lot), this could be possible here. but i dont think so. its not wanted from the code, i guess.

did you do those droppping volleys that loop in older PES titles? what version was it? can you provide a video?

2017 is too easy? switch to fuma mate! racing games are easy as well when you have steering, braking and acceleration aids actived! plus, with help like this you give away a big part of the gameplay (in any game!!), imo!

Nope, it wasn't mine. I believe the video was PES 2013.

Yes it was too easy, i play only League or UCL Mode. What makes PES 2017 is soo easy is the crossing & header. Once you mastered it, it's easy to score via crossing.

I don't remember which patch, i think it was PES 2017 v1.03 ( maybe ), that was real challenge for me, probably the best patch for PES 2017, too bad i couldn't find any changelog over the net. In my experience it was hard to defeat bayer leverkusen in UCL mode, leverkusen was so undpredictable. I coudn't count how many times i repeat the match just to defeat them, lol.

I always play any PES with default setting ( i think it's PA 1 ) maybe i'll try manual later. I spend more time adding mods to PES 2017 rather than playing the game itself, lol.

Nope, it wasn't mine. I believe the video was PES 2013.

Yes it was too easy, i play only League or UCL Mode. What makes PES 2017 is soo easy is the crossing & header. Once you mastered it, it's easy to score via crossing.

I don't remember which patch, i think it was PES 2017 v1.03 ( maybe ), that was real challenge for me, probably the best patch for PES 2017, too bad i couldn't find any changelog over the net. In my experience it was hard to defeat bayer leverkusen in UCL mode, leverkusen was so undpredictable. I coudn't count how many times i repeat the match just to defeat them, lol.

I always play any PES with default setting ( i think it's PA 1 ) maybe i'll try manual later. I spend more time adding mods to PES 2017 rather than playing the game itself, lol.
Oh nice. You are playing on PC. Mods really add to the game.

I have some trouble crossing and scoring in 2017. I changed my cam to resemble the new 2020 cam. But I just can’t cross as precise as in 2020. The angle is somehow different or it’s just me. :D

I never played with an angle till 2020 came out. And now it’s the first time for me, an older PES is played with that angle.

Anyway. I’m happy that there is still (again) something to learn, to master and to enjoy!! :)

Forza PES2017! :RSCARF:

Maybe PES 2017 feels easier because basically you have more CONTROL over players and happening on the feel and the game and mechanics make sense, now in PES 2020 nothing makes any sense, they change and screw almost everything.

I remember 2017 to be super responsive, even way over-responsive, like dribbling, was super fast, even some animation was faster or take over each other. I put PES 2017 and PES 2018 in the same category (PES 2018 is way smoother and better looking ), it's like PES5 and PES 6 like they were the best PS2 games, 2017/2018 are the best and fun PS3/PS4 games and again that is because you have control, awareness and good response.

There is a way. Get a 2017 copy! ;)
Latest DP makes me not wanna touch 2020. the truth is out there. DP5 being the first DP that makes the game worse, imo. All DP before delivered.
So funny, I just came in here to dig around for info about PES2017 because I didn't really play any football games that year due to being busy with a big cross atlantic move. But somebody elsewhere was just telling me about how amazing PES2017 was. Do we have mods for 2017 because I am VERY intrigued.

So funny, I just came in here to dig around for info about PES2017 because I didn't really play any football games that year due to being busy with a big cross atlantic move. But somebody elsewhere was just telling me about how amazing PES2017 was. Do we have mods for 2017 because I am VERY intrigued.
Not sure about mods but plenty of kits and balls and stuff on PC.
Im on PS4, so there is only the option file.

Is it possible to revert back to data pack 4?

I came here to ask the same Question. I haven't set up 2020 on PC yet but needed to ask this cos I think DP4 was better than 5.
There was a post earlier by @Chris Davies where I think he said you could revert back to DP4 if you saved certain files and restored them after the update - unfortunately, I never set up PES on PC at that time.

Any help on this one, lads?

I came here to ask the same Question. I haven't set up 2020 on PC yet but needed to ask this cos I think DP4 was better than 5.
There was a post earlier by @Chris Davies where I think he said you could revert back to DP4 if you saved certain files and restored them after the update - unfortunately, I never set up PES on PC at that time.

Any help on this one, lads?
As far as I know, this is the only way - if you don't have the previous files to go back to, I think you're stuffed!

What I did with DP4 was - BEFORE it downloaded - backed up the entire eFootball PES 2020 folder. Then, I allowed the game to update. Once it had updated, I just deleted the original folder and replaced it with the backup. The game was then allowed to boot, with the old EXE, without ever asking to update again.

I could be (very!) wrong but I don't think Steam checks the EXE against the server EXE, I think it flags when an update is available and then insists you download it, and once you've downloaded and installed it, that flag is reset. (That's my assumption based on the above method working, for me!)

Other than this, I don't think there's a long-term solution. I looked for a long while myself, and while you can prevent updates downloading until certain times etc., the game won't launch until you download them - and you can use offline mode but only for (I think) 30 days, and even then, only if the update wasn't available when you disconnected it.

online divisions where there are no coins etc. involved.
No idea, since I played maybe three-four games of that mode in total. I did notice few instances of scripting (both for my team and against my team) in a matchday. And all players are on top form in that mode. As Pesbull said it affects every mode and I agree with that.

Guys, I'm having a problem at pes 20: at the moment of the goal the game gives a brake or lag exactly when the ball passes through the line going to the net. It's like a drop in fps that lasts a second. How can I solve this? Has it happened to you?

the game speed is like a surprise BUT i am pretty sure it depends on day time. I mean not the time in game, i mean in real life.
I checked it the last days and in the moring until ~17/18 o clock its fine and realistic but after 18 o clock the game gets a speed boost that i have to pull the gamespeed another -1 down.
I know it sounds really strange but i am 100% sure, i can repeat it day after day.
i hope that anyone maybe one day will update the speedserver lua to get constant same game play speed.

Back
Top Bottom