eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

What problem do you have with this?

@Negatrev if we can go it to a more philosophical level , we could say "scripting" is the true term, cause the stats handicapping/boosting is a result of lazy coding (script). Although i assume the correct term is used to describe something 100% predetermined.
No. Really the way language works, the term scripting has been co-opted for this now. So it's fine really. But just like I don't like 'words' like yolo becoming common usage, I don't like it being called scripting :)

No. Really the way language works, the term scripting has been co-opted for this now. So it's fine really. But just like I don't like 'words' like yolo becoming common usage, I don't like it being called scripting :)
I dont like to call it scripting myself. Sounds like a cheap excuse for losing, commonly used by faces loving online crowd. I always feel dirty when I type it. :LOL:

Similar to this, do you know what annoys me this year, that was "pre-scripted" in FIFA since always and up to until FIFA 19 ,( i have not yet played FIF2020) ? When some loose ball goes outside the lines goalkick/throw in and your player stops running, cause the algorithm assumes according to the possibilities that the ball goes outside and does not allow you to challenge 99,9% almost lost balls. It also denies the supercancel sometimes, forcing your player to backpedal.
I impressed i have not seen it mentioned often, cause it removes much of the game freedom. Hunting almost lost balls was a signature move or me.

Similar to this, do you know what annoys me this year, that was "pre-scripted" in FIFA since always and up to until FIFA 19 ,( i have not yet played FIF2020) ? When some loose ball goes outside the lines goalkick/throw in and your player stops running, cause the algorithm assumes according to the possibilities that the ball goes outside and does not allow you to challenge 99,9% almost lost balls. It also denies the supercancel sometimes, forcing your player to backpedal.
I impressed i have not seen it mentioned often, cause it removes much of the game freedom. Hunting almost lost balls was a signature move or me.
Off topic, to answer your question.
I dont think its the case in F20. I certainly didnt notice it. Quite the opposite - few times my player was chasing the ball when I wanted him to stop, coz I was afraid I will give the opposition corner (ball was going out for goal kick)
I just didnt know how to stop them, coz I didnt know where is supercancel on Fifa.. :LOL:
Apologies for OT.

Off topic, to answer your question.
I dont think its the case in F20. I certainly didnt notice it. Quite the opposite - few times my player was chasing the ball when I wanted him to stop, coz I was afraid I will give the opposition corner (ball was going out for goal kick)
I just didnt know how to stop them, coz I didnt know where is supercancel on Fifa.. :LOL:
Apologies for OT.
What about OnTopic? have you noticed it on pes2020? Are you annoyed? Am i alone that noticed it? Am i playing it wrong?

What about OnTopic? have you noticed it on pes2020? Are you annoyed? Am i alone that noticed it? Am i playing it wrong?
I did notice it on Pes20. We are both playing it wrong. Im finding Pes20 too "magnetized" and pre-determined in general. Without SuperCancel I wouldnt be able to win most of the balls, both in offense and defense. Player paths are very restricted.

tired of playing laggy Brazilians with super my club teams on online coop Why can’t we play normal teams on that ????

totally agree

I like playing as random team or sometimes i chose any kind of team, even low rated teams if playing with skilled friends.
i love playing co-op, mostly on casual mode since i play to have fun and not to jerkoff to winning divisions like most of the people seem to be into.. however, i am tired of playing against MyClub mode players in CO-OP.
every-
time.
Cronaldo, salah, messi, + featured players all over the place.
It seem's like its just a matter of them chosing a different uniform or it'll be the exactsame team every god damn match.
Plus, them playing with maxed out players makes the match frenzy and that gets me very uninterested quickly.

Oh, and another even suckier fault would be playing agains a player along with 2 COM bots. So the player can only do a simple pass and the COM will do the rest.

I mean, if some people like it, that's cool. but there should be a filter. Something like:
Choose Opponent: COM / only Human Player / Human+COM
Include MyClub teams: YES / NO
If it takes a couple more minutes to find a match for you, i would not mind at all.

Would that be too difficult to do or would it hurt their pachinko scheme?
jesus

PS. i have to confess that, even if it only happened to me once, it can happen:
I was pairing with another random guy and he quit before kickoff, so i ended up playing along a COM bot.
I won and the other team's players bashed me in a party chat accusing me of what i hate the most. What was i suposed to do? forfeit and lose my connection rating?

Last edited:
I'm not by any means saying buy it, I never would. But rest assured, if you can look past shooting variety, the base game in exhibition mode is definitely worth a go for casual play.

Cheers, I think I'll pass for now. In the past I haven't been able to resist without loading up one football game or the other but I think I can resist for a while, even though I would probably quite enjoy this version.

So people, have we come to some sort of conclusion over which shooting system that gives most variations in animations? Or is it just placebo? Personally I feel Basic is quite realistic this year because I can feel a difference depending on the player but it's so restricted.

Thanks to the couple of people that posted replies to me a few pages back. I'm still on the fence on buying this game. I have several games on the backburner which I want to finish and playing any football game always takes away too much time. I've been wanting to finish all the Assassin's Creed games (halfway through Revelations now) and then GTA V (which I only got halfway through) and RDR 2 (I got maybe 20% through it).

I've got PES 2018 (just need to re-download it) and if I sign up to Xbox Game pass, I could get PES 2019 for a month or two. Perhaps by the time I finish those other games, PES 2020 will be on the game pass. Plus, I watch so much football that I'm ok with not playing a football game for a while. I do really like the demo but I'm not hearing anything to really change my mind as yet :P
Just letting you know, PES 2019 is leaving game pass.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n39877/xbox-game-pass-leaving-december

So people, have we come to some sort of conclusion over which shooting system that gives most variations in animations? Or is it just placebo? Personally I feel Basic is quite realistic this year because I can feel a difference depending on the player but it's so restricted.

I'm fm passing and shooting.

Is it worth switching back to pa1 and basic to feel more difference in players? Albeit with less freedom.

Is it worth switching back to pa1 and basic to feel more difference in players? Albeit with less freedom.
PA 1 is just too assisted for my liking so i am manual passing - i was playing manual shooting but gone back to advanced for a bit more variation

I have been FM the last couple of years but I find PA1 + L2 passing to be quite good now actually. The feeling is that the stats matter more. But I agree about it being a bit too assisted still, PA0,5 would be great. I do feel that my players are making better runs and reacting to loose balls more than on PA0 though.

This is for Online I have to add.

PA 1 is just too assisted for my liking so i am manual passing - i was playing manual shooting but gone back to advanced for a bit more variation

Do you find long rangers a possibility on Advanced? I couldn't make a single one when I tried for months...

I have been FM the last couple of years but I find PA1 + L2 passing to be quite good now actually. The feeling is that the stats matter more. But I agree about it being a bit too assisted still, PA0,5 would be great. I do feel that my players are making better runs and reacting to loose balls more than on PA0 though.

This is for Online I have to add.

Yeah you're right. Must give it a go. The issue I have with manual passing is that simple 5 yard passes around the box can at times be impossible, so this set up may be good to use.

Do you find long rangers a possibility on Advanced? I couldn't make a single one when I tried for months...
Possible but not as easy as manual. I think you substitute things on whichever you chose. Example low shots on manual are contextual where as on advanced I can do one whenever

Yeah you're right. Must give it a go. The issue I have with manual passing is that simple 5 yard passes around the box can at times be impossible, so this set up may be good to use.
Use double pressing X for shorter, slower, passes! ;)

I found out, only 2-3 weeks ago, this is working for headers as well!
I love it when I find something new (for me that was!). And there is more, i’m sure. :)

Happy gamer here! Don’t be hatin‘! ;)

Edit: on full manual that is!!
Will give assisted shooting another try tonight after all that talking lately... :)
And no, i won’t give advanced a try! Did that before, so please... let me be! :LOL:
Edit: it’s called basic not assisted (but it is :p ), my fault.

:LOVE:

Last edited:
The scripting in ML is killing this experience for me. You’re simply not allowed to stay in form.

The form arrows BS needs replacing too. One game my striker is on flashing green arrow and scored two goals. Next game He’s got a red down arrow. Why?!

You can’t choose a consistent team in PES. So unrealistic.

The scripting in ML is killing this experience for me. You’re simply not allowed to stay in form.

The form arrows BS needs replacing too. One game my striker is on flashing green arrow and scored two goals. Next game He’s got a red down arrow. Why?!

You can’t choose a consistent team in PES. So unrealistic.

wouldn't you then have to scout for players with high form values? or would that not work?

wouldn't you then have to scout for players with high form values? or would that not work?
I know as much as you mate. I’ve tried everything though, like buying players to fit my possession system etc.

The game LETS you win a few in a row. Then you’ll get some ridiculous game adjust the team bottom of the league, who haven’t won in 7 games and, yep, you can’t even get a shot on target.

It’s BS. ML is crap.

I know as much as you mate. I’ve tried everything though, like buying players to fit my possession system etc.

The game LETS you win a few in a row. Then you’ll get some ridiculous game adjust the team bottom of the league, who haven’t won in 7 games and, yep, you can’t even get a shot on target.

It’s BS. ML is crap.

ML is best played unplayed.

HOWEVER, I suspect the variable results match stuff that go on IRL are a satisfactory replicated in ML - thing is if I wanted the ups and down of real life I would either have become a football manager and applied for a current vacancy OR I would have become FIFA commander supreme and turned 90 min matches into 30min matches worldwide and I could turn the world cup into a 5 day tournament so folks could use the remaining 25 days they have free to clean the streets or their gums.

Last edited:
ML is best played unplayed.

HOWEVER, I suspect the variable results match stuff that go on IRL are a satisfactory replicated in ML - thing is if I wanted the ups and down of real life I would either have become a football manager and applied for a current vacancy OR I would have become FIFA commander supreme and turned 90 min matches into 30min matches worldwide and I could turn the world cup into a 5 day tournament so folks could use the remaining 25 days they have free to clean the streets or their gums.
I still stand by my thoughts it would be better being forced to start with the default ML team with shit players in the lowest division of choice and you need to win by improving you4 team. So when you lose it’s because your team is crap and not because super cancel refused to work. It ruins it if I start with Liverpool and suddenly Salah and Mane are a bag of shit.

Finally starting master league today, 20 min matches, superstar. After 10 matches I shall leave my thoughts. I'll be playing as Chelsea with no transfers in the first season.

Back
Top Bottom