eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Since they are different regions games, then they install as separate games and do not share space. I have both USA and UK versions every year as one is for regular OF's and the other for Classics. Come summer each year, I add the WE version when prices dropped from previous release.
So yes, you can play both without having to delete.

That's great to hear - and I like the way you've organised your OF's.

WE would be unpatchable in the UK, right? so I'd be stuck with the release version -PES 2020 is probably the first PES where the disc plays a good game (going by comments read) so that's not a bad thing.

I'd like to know whether you agree with loco's friend that WE plays better than PES

That's great to hear - and I like the way you've organised your OF's.

WE would be unpatchable in the UK, right? so I'd be stuck with the release version -PES 2020 is probably the first PES where the disc plays a good game (going by comments read) so that's not a bad thing.

I'd like to know whether you agree with loco's friend that WE plays better than PES
I haven't got WE20 yet, I will this coming summer when price drops. I get WE every summer and totally editable (at least for PS4). But In past versions, haven't seen any game play differences from the 3 different region versions. That is why the folder is named WEPES (WE for Winning Eleven and PES for Pro Evolution Soccer) so option files can be added to any region version. I use the WE versions to add content I didn't have space for.

Maybe the game plays differently in different modes

I played some BAL on legend difficulty last night. Never gonna do that again lol
Most definately, I imagine master league on SS or legendary would be a nightmare but you go into the game knowing that's how konami set it up, but the negative comments are not specific when posted and so the game is blanketed with these negative issues that don't exist for people like me who play TP on custom cups or league mode. But if you state that youre immediately shot down. I have never once experienced CB passing for an entire half side to side nor have I ever seen Watford play like Barcelona. I get fouls, I had a few penalties now. That's a fact in the modes that I play but for whatever reason people don't want to hear it

Oh my you was serious then?😂 For me it was just an exhibition in this case but this time wasting tiki taka at the back happens all across the modes and difficulties.

Btw are you sure you are playing with PES2020 at all ? :P

Most definately, I imagine master league on SS or legendary would be a nightmare but you go into the game knowing that's how konami set it up, but the negative comments are not specific when posted and so the game is blanketed with these negative issues that don't exist for people like me who play TP on custom cups or league mode. But if you state that youre immediately shot down. I have never once experienced CB passing for an entire half side to side nor have I ever seen Watford play like Barcelona. I get fouls, I had a few penalties now. That's a fact in the modes that I play but for whatever reason people don't want to hear it

I mean fair enough. I can't speak on your experience with the game, only mine.

At the same time though it can off as rather dismissive of someone else's experiences, and complaints as a result of said experiences, when your immediate and only retort is your own experience.

Make no mistake, I am not accusing you of dismissing the experiences and complaints of others. I'm just saying that's how it can appear to people, in the same way people 'don't want to hear it' when you share yours.

Because even if said issues don't exist for you, they still exist period and are ruining experiences for someone else somewhere. Someone like me. I'm happy you're not dealing with the same issues. But I currently am, it sucks, and your own experience has no bearing or impact on my own.

In any case, to be more specific, my experience with this game has been in BAL and now ML (with fixed cursor). Other than the 3 matches I played last night on legend, almost all my matches have been instead on top player or professional.

The Watford match I mentioned was on top player in ML.

All of the AI issues I have mentioned up until now I have seen on both top player and professional in BAL, ML, and local matches as well. Same goes for the player switching issues. Same goes for the animation issues.

Because I only ever control one player, these issues are that much more noticeable; I had to rely on the AI that much more.

In fact I'm starting to feel like this game is not meant to be played BAL style at all given how badly the AI performs at times (both teammate and opposition). And I fully feel like I would have a more enjoyable experience overall if I controlled the whole team like the majority of the playerbase does.

If I came off dismissive, then my apologies mate. Hope they clarifies things a bit better.

no worries mate, i think we all have different experiences down to the modes we play and the difficulties we chose to play at. I havent tried BAL or ML so i cant comment on those modes but it obvious with everyone saying the same about ML those issues exist. Except i am not sure they are issues as in defects more the way Konmai chose to implement the difficulty - poorly. I still stand by an early post - the master league was better when you had to start with a default squad and then build up from lower divisions. Now if i start as Liverpool with Liverpools squad you would expect to do well immediately but it obviously doesnt work like that due to team Spirit. But then by not playing like liverpool it doesnt feel realistic and everyone gets frustrated. So either Konami switch back and you have a rubbish squad and it feels more authentic difficulty wise until you build a decent team or they scrap the TS and if you chose to start with Livepools default squad it plays like the league mode(although i dont get why anyone would want to do that personally ) . This is all my opinion so doesnt make it fact

Oh my you was serious then?😂 For me it was just an exhibition in this case but this time wasting tiki taka at the back happens all across the modes and difficulties.

Btw are you sure you are playing with PES2020 at all ? :P
This is where it starts... and it had gone the wrong way before.
Tiki taka is not what the AI is doing when passing around in the back. Tiki taka is something totally different. Just saying.

But hey... people like the extremes. No gray areas.... ;)

TidyEnchantedHarborseal-size_restricted.gif

;)

I have been playing FIFA for the last few years and got fed up with the usual BS that comes with FIFA. So this year I thought I would buy PES and boy what a mistake, the game is actually worse, the rebound balls always go to the opposition, every shot is blocked. One game you can score 4 or 5 goals then the next game every shot goes into the top row of the stands. Playing SS level vs COM, win, draw, lose, win draw lose and repeat again and again. Even watching the matchday final, I am in stitches, one teams AI controlled players are always running into space, and running to intercept passes and the other teams AI players just do not move. Free kicks are laughable, watching the replay, every defender in the wall jumps except the one who's head the ball goes over, corners, or crosses, VVD feet never leave the ground and gets outjumped by coulthino. You eventually win a loose ball and the ref blows for a foul, so they get the ball back anyway, lining up a shot and the defender kicks your foot so you fall over, allways a free kick on the edge of the box, but when it happens inside the box, it is play on, game is an absolute farce.

I played 2 games yesterday and lost both because my defender when defending a cross, even though the stick was aiming towards the opposition goal, he headed the ball into his own net. The game physics are laughable, opposition midfielder passes a through ball to his striker, I block the pass, the ball ricochets off my player, hits his player in the face and then goes 30 yards to his striker who is clear on goal. Then you get the pass to your striker, and instead of hitting it first time, he stops the ball giving the defenders time to kick the living crap out of him, or he decides to jump over the ball to let it run to the other winger who is just stood wondering what he is having for tea, so the defender gets the ball kicks it long passes all your defenders who just let him go through as though Moses is in the stands parting the red sea. Then there's the pass to one of your players who just stands there and lets the ball run past his feet straight to the opposition. Oh and the shot on target which their goalkeeper parries out straight to one of his team, and then when your goalkeeper parries it, it goes straight to the opposition, who shoots again, and the goalie parries it to the opposition, who shoots again, and your goalkeeper parries it straight to the opposition and rinse and repeat until they score. 2 players contesting a loose ball or a goal kick, guess who's player ends up on the floor, or if they both end up on the floor, guess who's player gets up first to get to the loose ball.

A complete mess of a game full of scripting, and the higher level you go the more the AI cheats kick in. Another football game that needs absolutely no skill whatsoever, the match is pre determined like FIFA, so you might as well just start a ranked sim match and go out for a smoke as the outcome is the same.

On the bright side PES has broke my FIFA addiction, and now I know PES is equally as bad as FIFA, I guess I wont be buying either from now on.

I have been playing FIFA for the last few years and got fed up with the usual BS that comes with FIFA. So this year I thought I would buy PES and boy what a mistake, the game is actually worse, the rebound balls always go to the opposition, every shot is blocked. One game you can score 4 or 5 goals then the next game every shot goes into the top row of the stands. Playing SS level vs COM, win, draw, lose, win draw lose and repeat again and again. Even watching the matchday final, I am in stitches, one teams AI controlled players are always running into space, and running to intercept passes and the other teams AI players just do not move. Free kicks are laughable, watching the replay, every defender in the wall jumps except the one who's head the ball goes over, corners, or crosses, VVD feet never leave the ground and gets outjumped by coulthino. You eventually win a loose ball and the ref blows for a foul, so they get the ball back anyway, lining up a shot and the defender kicks your foot so you fall over, allways a free kick on the edge of the box, but when it happens inside the box, it is play on, game is an absolute farce.

I played 2 games yesterday and lost both because my defender when defending a cross, even though the stick was aiming towards the opposition goal, he headed the ball into his own net. The game physics are laughable, opposition midfielder passes a through ball to his striker, I block the pass, the ball ricochets off my player, hits his player in the face and then goes 30 yards to his striker who is clear on goal. Then you get the pass to your striker, and instead of hitting it first time, he stops the ball giving the defenders time to kick the living crap out of him, or he decides to jump over the ball to let it run to the other winger who is just stood wondering what he is having for tea, so the defender gets the ball kicks it long passes all your defenders who just let him go through as though Moses is in the stands parting the red sea. Then there's the pass to one of your players who just stands there and lets the ball run past his feet straight to the opposition. Oh and the shot on target which their goalkeeper parries out straight to one of his team, and then when your goalkeeper parries it, it goes straight to the opposition, who shoots again, and the goalie parries it to the opposition, who shoots again, and your goalkeeper parries it straight to the opposition and rinse and repeat until they score. 2 players contesting a loose ball or a goal kick, guess who's player ends up on the floor, or if they both end up on the floor, guess who's player gets up first to get to the loose ball.

A complete mess of a game full of scripting, and the higher level you go the more the AI cheats kick in. Another football game that needs absolutely no skill whatsoever, the match is pre determined like FIFA, so you might as well just start a ranked sim match and go out for a smoke as the outcome is the same.

On the bright side PES has broke my FIFA addiction, and now I know PES is equally as bad as FIFA, I guess I wont be buying either from now on.
and you made all those conclusions out of two games.

Hello & Happy New Year to one and all! Long time snooper and Pes player, just thought it was time to start piping in as I can see there is a lot of love for this series thats been awash with mediocrity for a long time, but I personally feel is back to its best. I've loved listening to the podcasts I believe Chris? was running and really hope they come back. I found them a brilliant way to gauge the true depth of love and emotion some of the die hards have for the game. Anyway, onto 2020. Personally loving it, and from my previous snooping days, I know I'm not alone but also know that view certainly isn't the majority.
:CALM:

Maybe another time ill go into why... if I've posted this sort off thing in the wrong place, apologies.. but this is the thread I've been glued to. Heres to 2020 ... go easy on me!

The other reason I finally signed up was to tell Lady Penelope about Super Cancel. and defending.

:BEER:

and so onto that... btw I'm also FUMA. but I won't beat that over anyones head... however, anyone playing this way will know the importance of those two buttons together (its second nature these days but its R1&R2 right?? p.s I'm on xbox)
🤦‍♂️
and how vital they are all over the pitch.
Having said that you had been away from PES for a while, Penelope, maybe this feature is lost on you, though I believe it was there on 4 & 5, and I hope you head into training or exhibition and get to grips with it and how it can give you a huge hand all over the pitch. it may have gotten you that extra yard you needed when clearing your lines as you stated previously. I am in no way in denial about 'scripting' (or momentum shmementum whatever I'm a PES player so obviously I know) but the pace of this years game means an element of thought in building attacks as well as defending, something that has been absent due to the prevalence of online my club etc, is pivotal this year. Something I am hugely satisfied about. and as little as I do play online, I see how different people play online this year, as opposed to the previous 2 or 3. This rolls over nicely into the offline game, and considering the abomination that was PES 2019 A.i , the improvement in my opinion is great. not perfect but very very good. don't get me wrong BAL can be very frustrating. But my Vila Nova ML has found me back in love with the game & anyone who feels like this (and I know theres a few of you) surely knows why I need to share my experience and just hope we can all get the most out of this brilliant title, because trust me it offers so much if you just delve a little deeper with controls and tactics etc.. something I think we can all agree was a hallmark of the early, classic PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER titles.

:YES:

@Mr Regista, I have tried everything mate, even watched some you tubes over the last few days, tried following the instructions for shielding, super cancel, feint, but nothing works, their player just knocks me off the ball every time, as though the players are 2 north poles on a magnet, as soon as the opposition player comes near me, I get thrown back. I have had a few decent games playing matchday, where both teams play well, but usually since I have had the game from day one, all the things that I mention in my post above happen. Then once in a while I will play someone who's game plays like mine normally does and mine plays half decent, which usually ends up in them quitting, and I don't blame them.

Maybe the last patch or two has made the game worse for my style of play as I like to play build up play but as soon as I get into their third of the pitch, there are 10 defenders packed into their box. They then get the ball off me through what should be a penalty, kick a long pass straight to their striker while my defenders are just my side off the halfway line with no chance of catching him.

I have Cavani, Firminho, Salah and Coulthino as my main forwards and none of them can stay onside.

edited by admin, insult removed. consider this a warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
if I had Cavani id probably be playing long ball.. especially with salah and Coutinho knocking about. not sure then pal... id give it a go in serie B or South America. on superstar the game over on that side of the world seems fair. players and attributes stand out. your worst player will cost you from time to time. and your 20 yr old Colombian youth prospect might just get you out of your seat.

Just noticed today: that driven low cross with L1 + 2x cross button i was talking about the other day is working in another way as well.
You don’t have to double press cross quickly you can actually load that cross (the power bar) up and press cross again to make that hard low cross go even further. :D quick pressing is just the short form of it.

Bet there is more. :)
...and more and more and more...

pretty sure I have spent in above £2K on PES this past decade (that includes the gaming PC in 2013 and the PS4 in 2016 plus the multiple copies of PES - maybe about £100-150 on coins spread over 15, 16, 17, 18 .

New years resolution is not to buy another incomplete PES game. That's not going to be too hard cos PES 2020 exhibition scratches that PES itch.

PES 2021 will have to come with all the bells and whistles if they want my future investment.

no worries mate, i think we all have different experiences down to the modes we play and the difficulties we chose to play at. I havent tried BAL or ML so i cant comment on those modes but it obvious with everyone saying the same about ML those issues exist. Except i am not sure they are issues as in defects more the way Konmai chose to implement the difficulty - poorly. I still stand by an early post - the master league was better when you had to start with a default squad and then build up from lower divisions. Now if i start as Liverpool with Liverpools squad you would expect to do well immediately but it obviously doesnt work like that due to team Spirit. But then by not playing like liverpool it doesnt feel realistic and everyone gets frustrated. So either Konami switch back and you have a rubbish squad and it feels more authentic difficulty wise until you build a decent team or they scrap the TS and if you chose to start with Livepools default squad it plays like the league mode(although i dont get why anyone would want to do that personally ) . This is all my opinion so doesnt make it fact

I do agree I am not happy with how Konami modifies/increases difficulty yes. I've definitely stated my complete disdain for team spirit advocacy for its removal from the game. It in itself is just another cheap attempt at adding difficulty.

@Lady Penelope I know why you mean about the defensive headers. I don't like how they play out. I feel like defenders head the ball backwards when they aren't under pressure from an attacker.

And yeah there are times when I want to shoot first time but my player takes a touch so I understand that frustration.

Last edited:
So people keep playing this on the highest difficulty and are having scripting issues? If only there was a way to change that! We'll have to reaaaaally think about this to come up with a solution!

@Mr Regista, I have tried everything mate, even watched some you tubes over the last few days, tried following the instructions for shielding, super cancel, feint, but nothing works, their player just knocks me off the ball every time, as though the players are 2 north poles on a magnet, as soon as the opposition player comes near me, I get thrown back. I have had a few decent games playing matchday, where both teams play well, but usually since I have had the game from day one, all the things that I mention in my post above happen. Then once in a while I will play someone who's game plays like mine normally does and mine plays half decent, which usually ends up in them quitting, and I don't blame them.

Maybe the last patch or two has made the game worse for my style of play as I like to play build up play but as soon as I get into their third of the pitch, there are 10 defenders packed into their box. They then get the ball off me through what should be a penalty, kick a long pass straight to their striker while my defenders are just my side off the halfway line with no chance of catching him.

I have Cavani, Firminho, Salah and Coulthino as my main forwards and none of them can stay onside.

edited by admin, insult removed. consider this a warning.

What mode are you playing if its Myclub i can sort of believe you. Its a sh1tfest of epic scripting that mode.
I play ML and yes you do get that but over the season it will balance out and you seem to get games that are brilliantly balanced and a joy, the odd game where everything goes for you then a run of games where it seems to ramp up the difficulty.
I have came to accept just trying like a superhuman to beat the AI when it is cheating you, just accept the result and move on. Much like a real teams season not every match will be satisfying.

So people keep playing this on the highest difficulty and are having scripting issues? If only there was a way to change that! We'll have to reaaaaally think about this to come up with a solution!

That should be Konami's job!

After the last datapack, something seems to changed about penalties, or just coincidence. I won two in my last two seasons in ML (TOP PLAYER), and two in a single match!!!! In an international friendly in ML, where i was managing ZAMBIA.
I don't claim penalties are fixed. I have still hundreds denied, especially in "hot" matches, where Free Kicks are also denied. But still there are more than before. If i had 4 since day-one, now i got 4 after DP3.0. BUT....
Where is the problem? In all my last 4 penalties, i have a feeling that the CPU is blatantly reading my input, which was always a case for some critical penalties in PES series, but this time it seems worse than ever. I lost all 4. I can't remember the last time i lost 4 in a row. Either way i saved the video from the highlights of my Zambia VS Belarus , cause two penalties in a half is something very rare in the last PES games.

By coincidence i watched this video of notGreg today, where he won his first penalty after about 500 games...All the penalties i lost, were aimed in the GK's left corner ( right as we attack), same as the video below.

Thanks to the person who posted how to do a low driven pass, absolutely awesome. Been on hols for a few days so couldn't test it until today

Back
Top Bottom