eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

to be fair, we all knew this patch of a non-existent tournament would be crap
I had 0 expectations, and i was not dissapointed.

Who cares about the Euros anyways if we arent having them to begin with?
It makes sense for them to still release the DLC, possibly they dont have the license for one more year so why not? They hope for the best.... despite they possibly lost money anyways as there is no Euros and so no one buys PES for this DLC this summer.

At least Iceland has had a lot of generic faces replaced with real ones, or at least attempts at real ones.
Most of the new faces are really good actually
In terms of patches this for me is one of the best. Right up there with 1.03ehich was favouriry. AI closes down so much quicker and everything feels that bit heavier again. Really like it 5 games in and struggling in my ML withe 1 win in last 4 :)

One of the things that particularly disappoints me is the fact that only one of the generic stadiums is playable, even worse that you can't change the name of it. I thought the Stade de Sagittaire would fit perfectly for Copenhagen's stadium, and the Hoofdstad Stadion would to well for Bucharest.

I expect PES 2021 to be some sort of an update if you own PES 2020 or a discounted stand alone game for those that don't own PES 2020. We'll see when an official announcement is made.

I made this comment on twitter, but I am actually OK if the strategy is to have majority of dev time over these coming months spent to go all out for PES 2022 on next gen.

How many times over the years have we said not just about PES but about sports video games in general that the yearly cycle is too short? These games come unfinished and have to repeatedly be patched cause of issues. It's not even a year. Once a game is released devs take a break then they prepare for the next game so really dev time is much less than a year. These games are already like glorified updates.

I am sure they've already been working on PES 2022 so if they can't get it right having 2 + years of dev time then it's never going to happen unfortunately

If you're playing as Wales, KONAMI ( for whatever reason) didn't add in Wales' national anthem. Spain and Russia have the same anthem problem, too.
Download anthem pack of Preds, this will have all nations have national anthems, if sider is back available

I expect PES 2021 to be some sort of an update if you own PES 2020 or a discounted stand alone game for those that don't own PES 2020. We'll see when an official announcement is made.

I made this comment on twitter, but I am actually OK if the strategy is to have majority of dev time over these coming months spent to go all out for PES 2022 on next gen.

How many times over the years have we said not just about PES but about sports video games in general that the yearly cycle is too short? These games come unfinished and have to repeatedly be patched cause of issues. It's not even a year. Once a game is released devs take a break then they prepare for the next game so really dev time is much less than a year. These games are already like glorified updates.

I am sure they've already been working on PES 2022 so if they can't get it right having 2 + years of dev time then it's never going to happen unfortunately

Any sort of confirmation or heavy rumours about PES 2021 just having a big patch instead of the usual changes you expect to see?

I think I heard that devs were still working on Fifa 21 but from home, so just wondered if Konami did the same.

Would be an almighty shame if both were small changes this year, as obviously it's the year of next-gen consoles so everyone starts to dream about major innovations. But if there's none I really believe the sales could rapidly drop, and would certainly hit Konami harder than EA.

Download anthem pack of Preds, this will have all nations have national anthems, if sider is back available

Unfortunately I'm on Xbox at the moment, so I don't think option files work on that platform, but thanks for the suggestion.

I gotta get both consoles next-gen, then I can play Fifa on Xbox Series X and PES on PS5. Just a matter of buying a winning lottery ticket lol.

UEFA EURO 2020 DLC:

Pros:
- Gameplay is better
- Lots of new faces
- scoreboard animation

Cons:
- Presentation: team ranking groups and knockout schedule: not in the EURO 2020 theme, which is an absolute shame
- No official EURO 2020 kits and sleeve patches
- No official EURO font

Thoughts?

On presentation: strange that they used the correct presentation in the eEURO tournament, why don't include it in the real game?
This looks absolutely amazing, can't believe this tbh, even PES 2016 has got this kind of presentation

THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD LOOK, correct colors, font, etc.

EURO theme 2.JPG

EURO theme.JPG

I agree with all of this. This is what makes me afraid though...Can you imagine though if we have to wait two years only to have a disappointing PES 2022 🙈

What are the chances these DLCs get rid of scripting and improve shooting, problems which have been in PES since who knows when.... They can keep their new faces and new partnerships with some remote team. I am looking forward to trying any changes in gameplay but seems not much has changed. Still debating to use the bandwith and HDD space

Agree that they need to skip '21 and focus on next gen (doubt it though.... as it still probably brings in $, my guess is they'll release something even more half-assed than usual).

Start '22 from zero. If you keep upgrading (or downgrading the game) each year, all the same bugs will still be in the base game and carry over.
My yearly plea (and my controller's): get rid of scripting.

The bright colours of the euro DLC screen elements make the black box of player stats stand out like a sore thumb, surely they could have put some light blue in there or something.

I can see myself playing this Euro stuff a lot more than previous DLC competitions. Usually they come out way too late and once the real thing ends I have no more interest.

The bright colours of the euro DLC screen elements make the black box of player stats stand out like a sore thumb, surely they could have put some light blue in there or something.

I can see myself playing this Euro stuff a lot more than previous DLC competitions. Usually they come out way too late and once the real thing ends I have no more interest.

Tbh, this is just to tide me over until next week's reveal of the footy games. Normally I'd play right up until the tournament starts and then some more when group stage ends and you go a few days without games on TV. Very surreal for me.

I don't like the purple in the main scoreboard, should have kept it darker blue
Would be a better blend
And indeed, the black box, something they forgot to edit I think :D

What are the chances these DLCs get rid of scripting and improve shooting, problems which have been in PES since who knows when.... They can keep their new faces and new partnerships with some remote team. I am looking forward to trying any changes in gameplay but seems not much has changed. Still debating to use the bandwith and HDD space

Agree that they need to skip '21 and focus on next gen (doubt it though.... as it still probably brings in $, my guess is they'll release something even more half-assed than usual).

Start '22 from zero. If you keep upgrading (or downgrading the game) each year, all the same bugs will still be in the base game and carry over.
My yearly plea (and my controller's): get rid of scripting.
You so right!! Same bullshit as always. Scripting and collision system ruins game. I mean offline.i only play ML and that is same shit as always.. patch after patch and nothing REALLY change.. pass speed or ball heavy is that what they change and OF COURSE NEW PLAYER FACES!!!! What game realy needs they don fix it or they cant do it.. Same bullshit is coming PES 2021.. :D

Just played second group stage game as Wales against Turkey it was fantastic. Winning 3-2 with minutes to after going 1-0 down then coming back to 2-1 before the break, then a mistake at the back cost me early in second half to make it 2-2. Then was dominated until I won a late corner as a late sub David Brooks came on to win the game. Oooh it was fun.

Annoying thing is that if a team wears white, the ref's kit looks a weak yellow so at times it looks a bit of a kit clash, but apart from that no issues.

Wow this game is even worse than I imagined with DP7. Played with Belgium against San Marino and the San Marino defenders turned into prime Maldini and Cannavaro and easily caught up with Hazard in every situation whereas a random player from their team dribbled through my whole defense and scored. Stats are still meaningless and script still rules the game.

After playing 5 or so matches Netherlands vs Italy (13min) i can only say some things improved but at the costs of other things. So, same old story. The good thing is you dont feel invincible anymore, you cant always sprint, turn or pass yourself out of a situation, even when you're not near the box. Also, shooting seems more varied.

The bad thing is dribbling feels very unresponsive and somehow player selection is really off again. Maybe i just need to find the right timings for the dribbling but at this point i dont feel any excitement to invest in this game yet again. Too much frustration and not enough fun.

The lasts couple patches make me wish they would just sell the whole franchise to a team that does want to make something off of it, SEGA perhaps. Sorry about being negative like that, ill surely try again another time and might come around somewhat, who knows.

Ive been playing this game on top player for a longe time. Since its becaming too easy, today I tried Superstar again. Dude, Ive forgotten how cheated It is!
Ive finished DS3 then I finish Bloodbourne. I died a lot, but I never finds It frustrating at all.
PES its the only game that pisses me off like this.

I mean, on Superstar, no matter wich Team you Control, It feels like little kids playing against adults. CPU can shield the ball with such an ease. It can hold two strong Defenders off the ball at the same time and his player dont even stumble!

Sometimes, a CPU player makes a bad First touch, then I try to get to the ball using super cancel but my player dont reach in for the ball. Its like CPU players have some kind of a force field or something.

CPU chases you all around the pitch and his players dont get tired at all! WTF is this?

Passing on PA1 became Very Very unaccurate. Your players dont make any smart runs and when they do, they stops for no reason!

So, when I lose, never feels like I was outsmarted, outplayed or something. Its always feels like, CPU have a boost on its Team and It has faster, stronger and tireless players and thats It. It feels cheated.

Sorry for the rant. Any tips?

Last edited:
Ive been playing this game on top player for a longe time. Since its becaming too easy, today I tried Superstar again. Dude, Ive forgotten how cheated It is!
Ive finished DS3 then I finish Bloodbourne. I died a lot, but I never finds It frustrating at all.
PES its the only game that pisses me off like this.

I mean, on Superstar, no matter wich Team you Control, It feels like little kids playing against adults. CPU can shield the ball with such an ease. It can hold two strong Defenders off the ball at the same time and his player dont even stumble!

Sometimes, a CPU player makes a bad First touch, then I try to get to the ball using super cancel but my player dont reach in for the ball. Its like CPU players have some kind of a force field or something.

CPU chases you all around the pitch and his players dont get tired at all! WTF is this?

Passing on PA1 became Very Very unaccurate. Your players dont make any smart runs and when they do, they stops for no reason!

So, when I lose, never feels like I was outsmarted, outplayed or something. Its always feels like, CPU have a boost on its Team and It has faster, stronger and tireless players and thats It. It feels cheated.

Sorry for the rant. Any tips?
No tips
Sort of same thing happened with me
Played as Belgium vs Wales
2-2 last minute of the 2nd half of extra time
Players collide in each other
AI gets the ball and scores
Out of the tournament
Disappointed DLC for more than one reason actually

I'm still enjoying the game and I haven't noticed any scripting. As always I'm playing 25min, Superstar, PA1. I started a Euro tournament yesterday and game pace and flow was fantastic. I saw more midfield battles and scored some great goals playing as England. Utilising the pace of Sterling was a joy. More inaccurate passes under PA1 and I was happy with that. Close dribbling works perfect, just don't use sprint. Only sprint when you have a lot of free space in front of you.
Scored some great headers with Kane. Another advice for crosses: Use early cross+triangle. Do not use the normal cross button unless you know your forwards are in a very good position in the area.

Its not that the game is scripted. Its that the CPU plays in a such perfect way with any Team. They beraly miss a pass. They disposess you with teleknesess.

Otherwise, Your player stumbles with a single touch. The ball passes 30cm from your players and they dont controll It.

Im not blaming the DLC. The game looks and flows way better. Ball phisics its better as well. The game indeed is more polished.
It is this god damn handcap that pisses me off. Its always been like this on SS, even before the DLC.

Its not that the game is scripted. Its that the CPU plays in a such perfect way with any Team. They beraly miss a pass. They disposess you with teleknesess.

Otherwise, Your player stumbles with a single touch. The ball passes 30cm from your players and they dont controll It.

Im not blaming the DLC. The game looks and flows way better. Ball phisics its better as well. The game indeed is more polished.
It is this god damn handcap that pisses me off. Its always been like this on SS, even before the DLC.
I played against Croatia and they finished the game with 78% pass accuracy. They also conceded 9 fouls.

i wish i could see all the positives some users here see in DP7. hm. myself, i couldnt find any noticable differences yet.

edit: @slamsoze YET! :D
@PRO_TOO YET?

On quality check i am not so pleased by the DP. On Greece NT for example, the roster is outdated, but i can live with it. Despite the Greek Federation announced a type of special partnership with PES last winter, but i cant see where does it apply. The NT manager for example is still A. Anastasiadis in game, even after EURO DP, while he is not Greece manager since 15 july 2019!!!

https://www.transfermarkt.com/griechenland/mitarbeiterhistorie/verein/3378

Last edited:
@PRO_TOO YET?

On quality check i am not so pleased by the DP. On Greece NT for example, the roster is outdated, but i can live with it. Despite the Greek Federation announced a type of special partnership with PES last winter, but i cant see where does it apply. The NT manager for example is still A. Anastasiadis in game, even after EURO DP, while he is not Greece manager since 15 july 2019!!!

https://www.transfermarkt.com/griechenland/mitarbeiterhistorie/verein/3378
Until now, that’s what I meant. ;)
Was just talking to you because you seem to always read my comments. :)

I’m looking for gameplay related stuff only as kits and squads can be edited.

Back
Top Bottom