eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Until now, that’s what I meant. ;)
Was just talking to you because you seem to always read my comments. :)

I’m looking for gameplay related stuff only as kits and squads can be edited.
It was a general complaint. If the official teams are wrong, imagine that every time i update, i first have to go back and correct inconsistencies! Also official kits/faces/hairstyles are hard-locked and cannot be edited, so we have to live with them. ;)

but how is it suposed to be updated?
for example, last time the England NT played was November last year

if someone did not expected this DLC to be all messed up/outdated..

but how is it suposed to be updated?
for example, last time the England NT played was November last year

if someone did not expected this DLC to be all messed up/outdated..
I do not know exacly how, since the EURO 2020 will not happen. But they could use the rosters from last winter at least, November as you said, not the past July squads. Speaking about Greece NT here. Even if the roster had to stay same with 2019, at least they should update the manager, who is coaching NT for almost a year now.

And i talk about QoL updates and changes. If you ask my honest opinion, i don't give an " f" about EURO DP updates on kits and rosters as i will edit them by myself. It just makes the DP more a concept update, but the EURO 2020 is an imaginary competition to start with.....I do not know, i feel confused now!!! :P

The only detail that mattered for me here, was the scoreboard and the presentation, which was also half-arsed , but OK-ish up to a degree!!!

Hi guys! Just won the Euro with Croatia(superstar) on my 1st attempt, beat France 3-1 in the finale!😁 sweet win,revenge! Haven't really played PES since October, so im really proud of myself Haha

Do you play with manual controls or assisted? I can't even get to the next round (playing manual) :) , the Euro mode seems more difficult and teams play more aggressive and press hard.

So after 250 games. I finally got my first penalty. I don't even think I got one on pes 2019..and guess what. NEYMAR hit the post lol. Couldn't write itView attachment 45620
Each patch pens have come and gone , last one, dp6, i had about 4 ..this one I should have had at least 3 and none awarded .. 1 flattened by GK, one blatent trip but my player didn't go down and another one where I did go down and nothing given...pens are a mess in this and need to be a priority next yr

I'm getting quite a few pens. I'd say 1 every 8 or 9 games.

It's all to do with quick movement. I had one the other day that I didn't even think was a pen, my striker went up for a flick on, collided with the defender and the ref points to the spot.

I find using the double sprint tap brings joy in the box. A quick burst and the defender will lunge in. Sometimes your player rides the challenge, which looks lovely in play, and other times you'll get wiped out.

It's another thing scoring the bloody things though. In my save I reckon I've missed at least half of the pens I've won..

Not seeing much change in the latest DP, but I'm more than happy with how the game is playing. I have that 'just 1 more game' buzz back at the moment, it's a joy.

Not tried the Euro DLC yet, I did make sure I didn't apply updates to club and national squads as I have everything and I mean everything, edited to how I like. No fake teams, no fake players, tons of young players I've added myself and last time I did the squad updates it reset so much that it took me 4 days to sort. Plus it got rid of the Colombian League even after I'd found a file to add them back in.. Squad updates on PES are the work of the devil!

Made it to the knockout stage with Iceland.
Played Austria 1:1 after being in lead. Played Ukraine 0:0. So only one point was need against the Netherlands who won both of their matches before.
I really did it and won 1:0 vs the Netherlands, wich was quite surprising.

The first match of the knockout stage will be against Switzerland. If I do win I’ll meet the winner of England vs. Germany. :D

I'm playing ML with Norwich City, I haven't played ML for about 4 yrs. I have to say it's the most I've enjoyed it Since WE7. I just can't put it down. I hope that improvement in refs and more tackle and foul animations along with a better editing mode for consoles and its a winner. By the way, I'm playing on TP and after 10 games I'm 19th and battling to get out of relegation zone. But loving it.

Hey, if anyone could help me, would be very grateful.

Just bought the PS4 version of PES 2020, my first version of PES! I have started playing ML as Crystal Palace in the English Premier League, but I can't see any form arrows at all. I have played PES before with friends, so was aware of the arrows, but I can't see them at all anywhere. Is there some option I need to adjust?

What has prompted this is I have reached the Christmas period of the season and, one match, my team's performance suddenly seemed significantly hamstrung. Looking at the game plan screen I realised my squad's overall rating had plummeted from the high 80s to 70! Not sure what accounts for this, and would like to see individual players' form.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

The dream goes on!! :EASY:

4:2 vs. Switzerland. And what a fight. They came back 2 times then I sat deep and waited. Compactness is a nice thing.
I managed to score twice and we made it to the next stage.

And guess who waiting?! Germany made it in extra time vs. England (3:1). :)

No national anthem is a bummer though.

Edit: Werner with a hattrick (74, 78, 90+2). :( but well deserved. I couldn’t hold them off anymore.
We are awake now. :)

Last edited:
Hey, if anyone could help me, would be very grateful.

Just bought the PS4 version of PES 2020, my first version of PES! I have started playing ML as Crystal Palace in the English Premier League, but I can't see any form arrows at all. I have played PES before with friends, so was aware of the arrows, but I can't see them at all anywhere. Is there some option I need to adjust?

What has prompted this is I have reached the Christmas period of the season and, one match, my team's performance suddenly seemed significantly hamstrung. Looking at the game plan screen I realised my squad's overall rating had plummeted from the high 80s to 70! Not sure what accounts for this, and would like to see individual players' form.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Hi, congratulations. Smart choice, great game.

You can see from in tactics screen, press r2.
Team spirit is based on players getting used to position. If you change they need to adapt. They will do this over time and games, you can see their affinity with formation and position

Hi, congratulations. Smart choice, great game.

You can see from in tactics screen, press r2.
Team spirit is based on players getting used to position. If you change they need to adapt. They will do this over time and games, you can see their affinity with formation and position

@Dozuk, many thanks for your help, exactly what I wanted to know, you see a star!

So am I correct in understanding that the number (presumably out of 100) displayed in the blue shield icon in the top right of my team's tactics/game plan screen is the Team Spirit value?

In between matches, from the managerial screen, it has been mid- to high-80s but once one of my most recent matches started (it was snowing, unsure of that was a factor) and my team were noticeably underperforming, I noticed the number had dropped to 70. Any ideas what could account for that?

Thanks again!

@Dozuk, many thanks for your help, exactly what I wanted to know, you see a star!

So am I correct in understanding that the number (presumably out of 100) displayed in the blue shield icon in the top right of my team's tactics/game plan screen is the Team Spirit value?

In between matches, from the managerial screen, it has been mid- to high-80s but once one of my most recent matches started (it was snowing, unsure of that was a factor) and my team were noticeably underperforming, I noticed the number had dropped to 70. Any ideas what could account for that?

Thanks again!
Exactly right, team spirit is out of 99.

On master league it starts low, but if you change formation or player position their affinity could drop with that change lowering team spirit.

It's best to start with a formation you like and play and buy players who suit that formation. Players will adapt over time but it can take a while

Just had a game I will never forget

Superstar difficulty is really realistic to me...I tried legend but it makes me want to sell my PSN account.

Had a 20 minute match using liverpool against Real Madrid, it blows me away.

My player movement and dribbling is exactly the way I want and simulated from actual football images in my mind. Drop of a shoulder movement is so effective

Opponent AI defending is human like, not god like as legend AI is. SS through ball still scares me though...

match summary:
3' 1-0
Mane scores from a Salah rocket hitting the post, bounce to carvajal, but bad touches got expploited by the mane man

8' 1-1
Benzema scores after Isco managed to pull fabinho and vandijk out of position to provide scary through ball

53' 1-2
Benzema score after lovely first touch and low shot from edge of the box

71' 2-2
Mane scores a thumping header. You guessed it, Trent Alexander Arnold is the provider.

87' 3-2
Mohamed Salah scores a clutch after a slightly overpowered through pass from Oxlade Chamberlain. Managed to control it and shot it past Varane and Courtois to provide the win for liverpool.

Had a fair blast of my Rodez ML today. Can't say I notice much/any difference from DP6. But then I was quite enjoying the game anyway.

A recurring grievance though: camera angles. It really gets on my tits that you can't customise it more. There's no way you're telling me something in between Wide and Blimp isn't possible. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't much care for camera angles reflecting real-life TV presentation. Stadium looks great, but it's far too shallow an angle for my liking, even at the highest angle. My depth perception doesn't want or need a workout!

It also comes into play with the stats notifications which, if you're playing with a camera angled higher than average, obscure a significant area of the pitch, enough for you to lose sight of the opponent and concede, as I did today. I don't give the shiniest of shits what the pass completion rate of any one player is. Get your stats in the bin.

Give me a nice, high camera angle please. That's in the same position regardless of the stadium.

Started playing ML now, I wonder why didnt I start playing this sooner 😂 Amazing game intensity against superstar difficulty in 20 minute match.

I have question, if you still have some money left in the transfer/salary budget, will that be carryover to the next season?

Started playing ML now, I wonder why didnt I start playing this sooner 😂 Amazing game intensity against superstar difficulty in 20 minute match.

I have question, if you still have some money left in the transfer/salary budget, will that be carryover to the next season?

Yes, the transfer & salary balance all carry over.So keep tweaking the budget settings to increase the element ( salary or transfer ) that You need.

Each patch pens have come and gone , last one, dp6, i had about 4 ..this one I should have had at least 3 and none awarded .. 1 flattened by GK, one blatent trip but my player didn't go down and another one where I did go down and nothing given...pens are a mess in this and need to be a priority next yr
That *ucking collision system is BIG MESS!!! And is BIG MESS nex pes 2021 too..

Got to quarter-finals with Wales and got butchered by France 0-4. Ben Davies own-goal I just gave up a bit after that.

What's annoying me is that in total I played 5 games overall but only in 2 stadiums so they should randomise stadiums more.

t
Yes, the transfer & salary balance all carry over.So keep tweaking the budget settings to increase the element ( salary or transfer ) that You need.
thanks!
is it not possible to move some of the transfer budget to salary budget midway through the season? if it is possible, how do you do it?

Back
Top Bottom