eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I think its a player role boost. E.g. I had some default guy in 2019 who was a "Bad Boy" and he used to flash all the time.

So if I played him I think I got an extra few % boost when he was flashing. - i think.

Heck, maybe I convinced myself this was what it was. It could just mean he's developing faster so if he's played in that game he'll get more xp.

I mentioned this a while back, so I'm being lazy and quoting :)

It results from a few things. One is the fast developing players (BlueUp arrow flashing only), like Arcas (ML default) does sometimes as he has the Rising Star team role. The bad bod team role can also affect other players (and themselves) in a game after they have just played (read the full details of the team role). I had another team roles that did this (can't remember which, it might have been leader or something) that motivates other players sometimes.

To all the guys that posted videos of dribbling examples - Thankyou, appreciate the time taken to show them.
I have been having more success with dribbling as of late, it really is down to nanosecond level timing of R2 and sprint, and L1 close control, there is zero margin for error otherwise the 'magnetism radius' around players just pulls you in and initiates the 'instatackle' which is ridiculous, counter intuitive and unrealistic, but dribbling is there, just in a quite crude form.

A few goals from my last ML session, not all dribble type goals, just a selection

Plus a ML update over on my blog if anyone cares to have a look:

PESFX Blog

That's a really nice compilation, I agree with digimon, plenty of variety and most of them looks very realistic. Your personalized kit is also beautiful, can't remember if I already told.

Just played the craziest international cup game - nil nil after extra time and i lost on pens against the ukraine - full manual top player. The amount of fouls was ridiculous 9 in total excluding 2 advantages so thats 11. Tackles flying in everywhere. The only thing i have changed in my set up was simple settings and played possession. The game felt far less space than using advanced settings so wonder if thats anything to do with it.

Was a great game and missed a couple of sitters. Just grabbed the screen at the end for foul count

Really enjoying the game right now on the latest patch. Feels like it has gotten a little harder on professional due to the AI playing smarter.

On another note: I noticed on PS4 that some teams, especially in the French ligue 1, are wearing tight jerseys. So it's obviously in there.

Is there any way to make a custom jersey be a tight fit one on PS4? Seems crazy that they wouldn't give us the option...

Love that game right now!

And I can´t stop playing FUMA...
SmartSelect_20191115-132230_Gallery.gif

This is Hernandez...
He´s been a freelancer, but still had to struggle to get him as he wants 750.000 Euro salary per year.
My finances are damn low and in so many games I thought of getting him was a bad decision, but now he seems to start fitting into the team!

Love that game right now!

Ok, a lot of things I've been wanting to reply to, so I'll just take it in one fell swoop :D

Interesting!
I tried that years ago but never did it on a regular basis.
I would like to know more about what was your experience. Are the subs making sense (tactical wise) or is it just exchanging tired players for fresh ones?
Maybe you can elaborate on the pros and cons little. :)

I use it all the time. It's mostly just related to the stamina of the player being substituted. It doesn't really take the rest of the players' abilities in other positions into account. Which is why I often go into the game plan after an automatic sub just to make sure I don't need to change players around. What's the point then? Well, it's a good way of making sure I don't forget to use my subs :BLUSH:

This depends on your training regime for each.
Even if a player isn't declining in their growth graph (rarely when on the rise, but usually when static) a player can have OVR reduction. This is because it's only a formula calculated off of the players individual stats (it's a different formula per position). The growth graph is a rough approximation of a player potential based on their total stats limit (not as simple, but essentially adding all the stats up)
So if you have a CB for example, and are training them and a schedule that isn't prioritising defensive stats (say you are using Focus training on their shooting for some reason) then when they increase in one stat, that value must come from somewhere else. So they could lose jumping and gain shooting, which will either stay static or improve a striker, but actually lower a CBs OVR. The player hasn't gotten worse, but are differently valued for that position.

I will quite often have players on strange training styles, considering their position, because I value different attributes in players.
I will often put a CB on 'Fullback Finisher' if they also have a FB position and I want to raise their balance a bit without sacrificing defensive talent too much (I like CBs more comfortable on the ball).

I also often use Dummy Runner on Forwards and Box to Box on midfielders in order to boost their stamina without sacrificing their main stats too much (you can always focus train strength to improve stamina, but unless the player is injury prone or quite weak, this is often overkill).

Sorry if I rambled in a little too much detail!

Thank you so much for this detailed run through!!! I didn't know all that and will definitely take it into account when planning training regimes in the future!

In your opinion guys... What mode is more enjoyable and possibly less scripted.

League or Master league. For enjoyment and non scripted?

I'd say League or Cup Mode. If you can live without transfers, promotion and relegation, youth teams, International Coach offers and the like, I'd say League mode is pretty entertaining. I play it for the Leagues that don't have two leagues in them and therefore no promotion or relegation anyway.

Got another penalty just last night. :)
The AI was sliding and hacked me down.
Can’t moan about fouls. Having 3-5 for the AI on average and a lot of advantage from the ref. If I’d stopped touching the ball i bet it would be around 10 fouls a game (or more)!

Have a look how many times the ref is getting his arms up to signal advantage. It can get lost in the hectic. I think Konami found a nice middle ground of letting a game roll and having set pieces after foul play.

What helps a lot: don’t sprint that much!! LS dribble is your friend. :D
Plus: it’s helping with players stamina too. Win win situation. ...and all that just for playing football in a football videogame. Isn’t that nice?! :D

Im not saying the foul detection and collision system is perfect. Far from it! But fouls are there and for my understanding of football in perspective of a videogame, it’s absolutely ok!

Edit: and yes, I have matches where I wonder why the AI haven’t had any fouls, when I look at the stats at final whistle. But then again, I bet I took the advantage some times.

While I agree that the amount of fouls is just fine as it is, the advantage system is, dare I say it: Broken... (as much as I hate that term, I really do think it applies here). The ref forgets about the advantage after more than two touches of the ball so you never see a card being given after an advantage if enough time has passed.

When this game wants, it plays amazingly well and it's the best football game I've ever played-
But so insanely inconsistent.

Just two days ago, I decided to start a League Mode. First two games were kind of "meh"... not good, not bad. Maybe I just wasn't "in it". My head was somewhere else.

The third game felt AMAZING. Like.... I WANT TO PLAY THIS ALL DAY. I LOVE IT.

But the one after that was horrible. Even worse than the first two.

You may argue that it's the same in real life. Some matches are so boring and tedious. Some others are exciting and unpredictable. Even the same team can perform at a high level in one game and then, fall apart in the next one. But still, I don't know if I want that in my game. I'd rather lose or win but with the same gameplay feeling every time.

This is exactly how I feel about the game most of the time :APPLAUD:

You'll need to figure this out by yourself. Please stop spamming this request all over the site. I've told you where to ask for help, don't ignore it.

But it's a FACEPACK!!! Don't you understand the importance of this?!? Why are we even here if it wasn't for the FACESSSS?!?!?!!!???

Little bits.

1- Nice randomness and GK reaction:

2- First time this has happened to me in a very long time.

Couldn't stop playing last night.

This is on PC, right? I'm almost completely sure that it is, only having a small and ridiculous hope that one day can have this on PS, and as we are in the PS/Xbox thread...

By the way, Etihad and King Power stadium... the turf, WOW. I was amazed!
All of those stuff should be for sure a game changer. The turf, I'm completely shocked. Claps for the guys that made this work.

This is on PC, right? I'm almost completely sure that it is, only having a small and ridiculous hope that one day can have this on PS, and as we are in the PS/Xbox thread...

By the way, Etihad and King Power stadium... the turf, WOW. I was amazed!
All of those stuff should be for sure a game changer. The turf, I'm completely shocked. Claps for the guys that made this work.

Thanks :D I do put an insane amount of work and hours on the turfs, mate.
Relationships-breaking level of insanity...

Thanks :D I do put an insane amount of work and hours on the turfs, mate.
Relationships-breaking level of insanity...
Did you made the turfs? Alone?
Hey man, you are completely crazy :SHOCK::D:D:D:D.

Are the best ever turfs, by far, that I saw in a footy game. You should work in Konami!

I confess, that I'm not completely inside on the editing (in fact I'm completely out, I only add some OF in my PES on PS), but i couldn't imagine that was possible that one guy could do a thing like these turfs alone much much better than a entire and dedicated edit team from a game.

Congratulations :APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD:

Ive done it and they do specifically call the ref out as a question
I've done it too. Felt it is more a marketing survey, than a gameplay feedback survey. Did not even have an empty field to post our own suggestions, like features that were removed and need to come back, or criticize gameplay mechanics etc..
Special shot: in the section, about "from where we get informed about pes", it did not have PES FORUMS as an option. Had FB, YT, twitter, personal blogs, Gaming websites etc and some really outdated like TV COMMERCIAL!!!!! on 2019 AD!!!!!!!! , but not PES forums!!!!???

Nothing special at all.

There is a new survey running.

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2020/as/en-sg/ps4/page/survey

UPDATE: I am still doing it, at the moment, nothing special at the moment, how satisfied are you etc etc.
Done. I would have liked a few more free-text entries so we could elaborate on exactly what we don't like. But at least we could complain about the poor built in tactics and the referees (among other things). No way of reflecting on how handicapping/difficulty is implemented though :(

There is a new survey running.

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2020/as/en-sg/ps4/page/survey

UPDATE: I am still doing it, at the moment, nothing special at the moment, how satisfied are you etc etc.
Hopefully it won’t be full of nodding dogs claiming it as ‘the best game ever (tm)’ which will really screw us over.

I’ll fill it in later - there better be a whole section dedicated to the terrible refs and scripting.

Hopefully it won’t be full of nodding dogs claiming it as ‘the best game ever (tm)’ which will really screw us over.

I’ll fill it in later - there better be a whole section dedicated to the terrible refs and scripting.

One possible answer about refs, nothing about scripting/handicap.

Really? Why am I not even surprised.
It also does not have any word about the bugged referees, that do not make hand signals when they give fouls, throw-ins etc, or in some cases like off-side they make signals but veeery late... In simple occasions that the line referee is out of camera view, you cannot know whose side the throw in is whistled.
It is really impressive, how they have not noticed it, after 2 months. It makes me wonder what are they playing at their "office"..

It also does not have any word about the bugged referees, that do not make hand signals when they give fouls, throw-ins etc, or in some cases like off-side they make signals but veeery late... In simple occasions that the line referee is out of camera view, you cannot know whose side the throw in is whistled.
It is really impressive, how they have not noticed it, after 2 months. It makes me wonder what are they playing at their "office"..
They’re an amateur outfit now when compared to the other publishers/developers in the industry.

For example, I tried Metal Gear Survive last night because it’s now on Gamepass and I thought what the hell.

It’s terrible and feels like a game from 2008. Menus, sound effects etc all really bad. Where have we heard that before?

Did that survey. Very disappointed that there was no comment box..
Answers gathered this way might only bring more confusion.

Simple example - how do you find shooting? Lets say we go with: Disappointing.

But in what way?
To accurate? Not accurate enough?
Need more outcomes? Too strong? Too fast? Too slow? Not responsive? Not realistic? I mean...
10 different people might give same answer from 10 different reasons. And they wont even know in what way they should work on it. Lot of bollox.

Only clear and obvious questions might give them some answers. Meh...

It may be my imagination but some exhibition games against the CPU feel much more varied and exciting when using certain stadiums and specific grass lengths. Would be fascinated to find out what conditions and other settings, pes gamers prefer to get the best offline experience against the CPU in exhibition.

Last edited:
Hi All- General question about the starting lineups for teams.

I’ve noticed that nearly every team has players on the bench rated higher than the starters in multiple positions on the field. Is there any reason for this? I use PES universe data packs, so I’m not sure if that is causing this issue.

Thank you in advance for any feedback. Cheers!

oh man my head hurts after that match playing vs crotone at home the CPU literally trolled me to death hit the bar twice went 2-0 down by some okish goals no complaints there.. but it did every single thing possible to not allow me to score even when i did put it in the net my player was called offside and i swear he wasn't he was behind the defender was such a good goal too

its so hard to be creative this year for me on superstar level every route to goal just seems blocked off by the great wall of china and when i do find ways it does everything you can imagine to stop me putting it away kind of gets boring facing teams camped outside their box and 67 rated defenders playing like a prime cannavaro

is this the latest version on ps4?

version 1.02.01
DP 2.01
Latestdata 201911141
Asset data 201910240

its what my game says but I could swear there was a download to 1.5 that I stopped but I can't seem to find it now to restart it.

is this the latest version on ps4?

version 1.02.01
DP 2.01
Latestdata 201911141
Asset data 201910240

its what my game says but I could swear there was a download to 1.5 that I stopped but I can't seem to find it now to restart it.
You are up to date. 2.01 versions are from 1.05. Your LiveUpdatedata was also updated last Thursday 14/11/2019.

The best test when you doubt about your version is try to go online in whatever mode, Myclub or Online Divisions. If you are outdated, thr game will notify you that there is a newer version needed and return you to the main screen

Attachments

• 1573883130448836347906.jpg
    1573883130448836347906.jpg
    817.5 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom