eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I bought PES 21, and I'm regretting it a bit.
Not because it's a bad game--it is not, I'm sure I'll play it constantly--but rather because the gameplay feels the exact same as PES 20.

I suppose Konami did say that was gonna be the case, so I shouldn't be too surprised.

My Pes money this yr is going towards Mafia. I'm betting it'll deliver a more realistic football experience than Pes20 update from what I've seen. If not there's no shame in falling back to play the most SIM oriented football on the market over the last few yrs ... Rocket League :PP
Ha ha,nice one!
Yeah im not throwing money around in games that aren't 100 good/great I don't do it on other games (non football) and I bought Pes 20 day one last year,FIFA in December,and I'm only playing the latter one.
Plus,new console/headphones/external harddrive etc makes it impossible to buy 3-4 games that are only half way decent

That’s because only a handful of people in the UK buy PES now. Supermarkets stock games that will sell. GTA, FIFA, Animal Crossing etc. You don’t see niche titles like Nier: Automata and What Remains of Edith Finch on the shelves in Tesco do you?

There’s no EA conspiracy here. PES might do well in Asia but not enough here to warrant ASDA ordering in 50 copies of it.
The game play isn't exactly the same though , it's far more responsive , there's clearly more error is shooting and the AI dribbles more and shoots from distance a lot more . Could be improved a lot more ? Of course ..is it a big improvement over 20? Id say so

Worth 30?
It depends how much someone needs their football fix, and it´s also worth consider if anything else out there offers more fun playing than pes 2021. A lot of us payed full price for 2020 an it wasn´t worth as much, but we still did it because there was nothing else to satisfy us.

It depends how much someone needs their football fix, and it´s also worth consider if anything else out there offers more fun playing than pes 2021. A lot of us payed full price for 2020 an it wasn´t worth as much, but we still did it because there was nothing else to satisfy us.

I did it because the demo was promising. But tbh i dont think these tweaks worth 30.

Seen some motionless AI last night to get to the ball. Video here. Coupling this and defenders running away from ball carrier, certainly was a frustrating evening. I do remember as early back as PES 13 that when there was a turnover of possession, the AI's defense would instantly run back so problems as old as the hill. Will play a few more this evening, the only thing keeping me coming back is the nice goals you can score on FM. Better than PES 20, but with aforementioned issues, it really is saying nothing.

To my own surprise i am having having a lot of fun with this game again, about the same amount i had last year with the demo. Then it was Boca vs River Plate, now its Roma vs Lazio. Just playing exhibition matches on SS with CPU form 1 down and me 1 up.

The adaptive AI is still going strong under the hood, but because i adjusted the form arrows to better suit my level, i can now enjoy the challenge a lot more. Its only frustrating to an extend that i want to try again and do better, not "stop in the middle of the match and just play another game" frustrating.

I am actually getting better again and understanding the timings, knowing what to avoid. Using my players correctly, etc. All the things i missed on TP.

Last edited:
i paid 25 and in my opinion yes, but what £25 means to me might mean considerably more to someone else. At the end of the day i wouldn't have played 20 nearly as much as ii have played 21 already

I think so. Even with my frustrations I still think its a decent game I can enjoy for a few hours a week. I did not like post patch PES 20, and I find this a lot better.

Pretty impressed with the AI so far, I know this is the kind of movement we SHOULD be expecting in a football game anyway but the CPU usually doesn't look this natural, Their movements and lack of skill with, well.. Skilled players comes of as robotic usually. This was a breath of fresh air.

I fear we'll never get back to PES 2017 levels of AI innovation but this isn't a bad start. I'm still getting a little frustrated with my defenders though. Their irrational fear of staying goal side of a striker and when one defender is beaten, Your next line of defence always seems to yield rather than urgently pressing the ball carrier which usually results in the unstoppable strike which you at least wanted to make an effort to stop. 🤷‍♂️

Pretty impressed with the AI so far, I know this is the kind of movement we SHOULD be expecting in a football game anyway but the CPU usually doesn't look this natural, Their movements and lack of skill with, well.. Skilled players comes of as robotic usually. This was a breath of fresh air.

I fear we'll never get back to PES 2017 levels of AI innovation but this isn't a bad start. I'm still getting a little frustrated with my defenders though. Their irrational fear of staying goal side of a striker and when one defender is beaten, Your next line of defence always seems to yield rather than urgently pressing the ball carrier which usually results in the unstoppable strike which you at least wanted to make an effort to stop. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe the Season Update for 2022 for current gen will improve the AI.

TBH, cr7 performed that skill when there was nobody near him which is quite meaningless to me
I barely see ai doing tricks and even they perform, those skills are just unnecessary like the video
they still barely(never) use skills to dribble through the defense
moreover, I still couldn't see enough cut inside and shoot from ai, the game is always about passing and then score
ai on the flank will always cross the ball into the penalty box

Whats your settings bro?

TBH, cr7 performed that skill when there was nobody near him which is quite meaningless to me
I barely see ai doing tricks and even they perform, those skills are just unnecessary like the video
moreover, I still couldn't see enough cut inside and shoot from ai, the game is always about passing and then score
Very sad times.
tenor.gif

Yes. 2020 was the same in this regard. You could see some (very rare) skills from CPU players here and there but it was mostly like, completely out of context.

They need to seriously rethink this stuff for 2022.

difficulty and passing assistance. Cheers
This is on Superstar and I play on FUMA, PA0 & Manual Shooting.

I feel like Superstar is much better balanced for me this time, Maybe too easy for some dare I say it but on manual it's a nice balance with purposeful AI but so far in exhibition, none of the unresponsive nerfing or unsubtlety of the AI's magic through passes and ninja football from 2020.

I'm REALLY enjoying this game, playing only on FULL MANUAL. To me, pes IS full manual, never played it any other way... Coming from fifa, this is refreshing as it's realistic enough for me. I'm getting better at pulling close skills. Just reverse elastico'd a player creating a shooting chance. Looked really real too.

If any of you are having too much trouble, online or whatever, play full manual. Of course you'll get hammered agaisnt good assisted players but your game plays beautifully

This looks awesome, is this on ps4 pro or regular?
does it changes gradually or is it noticeable after the half break?
maybe someone will be willing to do a timelapse video :BLUSH:

im wondering if there are other stadia in which this looks as lovely as in Stade louis II

The commentary came across really nicely in that clip.

And I’m sure no matter what kind of tactics you use the problem will pertain as it’s inherent in these recent PES games.

Its funny when you start to look for a problem you end up noticing it more. This evening as well as being able to attack down the wing with defenders running back and away from the ball I also had the joy of being able to walk it out of defence with my centre back to the final third before a challenge became imminent. This on Top player also. It’s funny I actually enjoy parts of this one, but space in midfield and players running away from the ball carrier is just criminal.

Yup exactly. I remember playing in my first international and asking myself why are Pogba and Kante closing me down while Kurzawa is watching from a safe distance? I'm a right winger receiving the ball on the wing. 2 central mids shouldn't be the first players to engage me.

And yeah there's no tactics that stops this behavior. Or many of the other poor aspects of gameplay.

There's always going to be an ocean between the midfield and defense, defenders are already going to back away from attackers even in their own box, the AI will try to make passes even when they should just clear it, etc etc etc etc et freaking c.

I'm happy people can enjoy it, but I already know I'll struggle to because I can't not see these issues.

has anyone tried an option file yet? i was looking at PES universe for £5 or ebay £5, wondered if theres a free one knocking about

this game online is a big poop show.
Lag, slow player reaction (especially on defense)
feels like slow motion.

Until they fix this lag / server issue, which I'm sure they will because this happens every year for the first few weeks I will just go back to 2020

Back
Top Bottom