eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

This looks awesome, is this on ps4 pro or regular?
does it changes gradually or is it noticeable after the half break?
maybe someone will be willing to do a timelapse video :BLUSH:

im wondering if there are other stadia in which this looks as lovely as in Stade louis II
I try on my PS4 Pro, I see the shadows of the flags move, but the shadows are not on the field like the gif (day/summer and day/winter), I don't know the time setting of the gif...

It just feels like an old version of PES 2020
Almost true. It definitely plays more like the 1.01 version of PES 2020 than like its latest patch.
But there's more to it. Reactions (and player awareness in general) are better, dribbling is too.
The only thing that gets on my nerves (at the moment) is that apparently the CPU doesn't press at all until you reach the limit of their box (TP difficulty here).

Do the AI players still occasionally fail to take control of a loose ball right next to them? That was the biggest problem I had with 2020.

For PES 2022 they better have some lush pitches. I actually avoid playing at night games because the pitches look horrible and the lighting gives me depression.

There is no Serie B in Fifa, probably because of Pes esclusive license.

We all know what happened last time Konami did piss off EA, right? Pes completely lost LaLiga license and every single Spanish stadium except Camp Nou. It will definitely happen next year, Konami just can't win against EA's money.

Last edited:
Do the AI players still occasionally fail to take control of a loose ball right next to them? That was the biggest problem I had with 2020.
Yeah, I've hit a few perfect crosses to strikers who don't understand they're the target and just run away from it (with nobody taking his place either).

Almost true. It definitely plays more like the 1.01 version of PES 2020 than like its latest patch.
But there's more to it. Reactions (and player awareness in general) are better, dribbling is too.
The only thing that gets on my nerves (at the moment) is that apparently the CPU doesn't press at all until you reach the limit of their box (TP difficulty here).

At first i continued playing on TP just like i did on 2020 but i switched to SS to experience more pressure. To compensate for the SS scripting and make the transition easier, i would recommend setting a fixed form for both CPU and your own team. Myself i have only tried putting CPU on -1 and myself on +1 and my matches definitely feel more fair and enjoyable.

Exhibition match, 12 mins, SS difficulty, PA1, game speed +1. Def line set to highest and 6 compactness for both team. Add Attcking fullback and wingback adv instruction too.

Last edited:
Two major issues in 2020 still on 2021 are
1. Defensive awareness of cpu ai.. when you are counter attacking with midfielder past cpu's midfielders and you have 2 forward guard by their defender.. you can just run until the edge of cpu's penalty box to freely shoot. Like they are in doubt to get closer to your on the ball midfielder.
2. In general, defenders are mostly too deep make it too easy for long ground pass to an attacker.

Played another couple of games and I have to say that the physicality in this game is awesome.
An improvement to PES 2020.

I haven´t played against AI yet, but will soon.

My son is 16 and totally into Basketball, playing NBA2k at the moment where he bashed me big time.
So I took my revenge in PES 2021, him playing assisted (PA1, assisted shooting), me full manual.....did him 4:0 and showed him what an old man can do^^.
But he plays very well, not dirty and is quite hard to beat....most of the games were 1:0....or equals.
Used stadium cam 0,9,2 and Gamespeed -1.
Great setting for me....physicality feels good....players when running in one direction, can´t immediately change to the opposite, have to stop, turn and start running in the opposite direction......I like that.

But I´m spoiled with the gameplay patch of PES 2020, where the ball seems to be more unpredictable, players sometimes don´t anticipate correctly which creates pretty situations....I haven´t seen that yet in PES 2021.

Need to find an Option file for PS4 to start a ML...I´m curious how it plays against the AI.
I´ll be using a weak team of the 2nd division as usual and lower the difficulty....that personally to me is the best way to play it.

Played another couple of games and I have to say that the physicality in this game is awesome.
An improvement to PES 2020.

I haven´t played against AI yet, but will soon.

My son is 16 and totally into Basketball, playing NBA2k at the moment where he bashed me big time.
So I took my revenge in PES 2021, him playing assisted (PA1, assisted shooting), me full manual.....did him 4:0 and showed him what an old man can do^^.
But he plays very well, not dirty and is quite hard to beat....most of the games were 1:0....or equals.
Used stadium cam 0,9,2 and Gamespeed -1.
Great setting for me....physicality feels good....players when running in one direction, can´t immediately change to the opposite, have to stop, turn and start running in the opposite direction......I like that.

But I´m spoiled with the gameplay patch of PES 2020, where the ball seems to be more unpredictable, players sometimes don´t anticipate correctly which creates pretty situations....I haven´t seen that yet in PES 2021.

Need to find an Option file for PS4 to start a ML...I´m curious how it plays against the AI.
I´ll be using a weak team of the 2nd division as usual and lower the difficulty....that personally to me is the best way to play it.
If i were you, i would try to convince my son, to go for a coop ML. Mine is still 3 yo, we have time until we can go for a coop. :)

Yeah, I've hit a few perfect crosses to strikers who don't understand they're the target and just run away from it (with nobody taking his place either).
Does it still happen that after a deflection the ball is rolling on the ground and people are just staring at it? It happened constantly in 2020.

Does it still happen that after a deflection the ball is rolling on the ground and people are just staring at it? It happened constantly in 2020.
In fairness, I've not seen this, but that's because the deflections seem much more "telegraphed" to me.

I played one match last night after reading positive comments here through the day, and in the second half decided to test something* - I was so frustrated at the AI packing the box with ten men every time I did more than 2-3 seconds of build-up play, that I just started smashing full-manual shots from outside the box. Every single rebound either went perfectly to another player (with some of the deflections looking really obviously "fake" in terms of their trajectory), or went out of play. There wasn't a loose ball.

*decided to test something = lost my rag

In fairness, I've not seen this, but that's because the deflections seem much more "telegraphed" to me.

I played one match last night after reading positive comments here through the day, and in the second half decided to test something* - I was so frustrated at the AI packing the box with ten men every time I did more than 2-3 seconds of build-up play, that I just started smashing full-manual shots from outside the box. Every single rebound either went perfectly to another player (with some of the deflections looking really obviously "fake" in terms of their trajectory), or went out of play. There wasn't a loose ball.

*decided to test something = lost my rag

when I have these situations and their whole team is within ten yards of the box go back to goalkeeper and start again. It’s quite realistic I think. If you don’t plan on just whipping it in there with some 'centering targets’ ... you will visibly see as soon as start to go backwards their entire team push up the field as a unit ..
I call this method the
“OhYouWantToMourinhoMeWellLetsSeeIfYouCanDealWithSpain2010StyleYouAintTouchingTheBallFor15Minutes” tactic

😉 That ones for free

sorry for the off topic, but where did the section patches and option files go? I got some very nice option files for the ps4 from there, but can't seem to find it anymore.

sorry for the off topic, but where did the section patches and option files go? I got some very nice option files for the ps4 from there, but can't seem to find it anymore.
It's all been merged into one large editing section, using prefixes to separate editing tools (etc.) from patches.

You go here: https://evo-web.co.uk/forums/pes-2021.337/

Then either click a prefix on one of the posts that matches what you're looking for - or, use the "filters" button to select "prefix", then select (e.g.) "option file".

Reactions: Tom

It's gone, mate, people still posted their patches in the Editing sub plus Option Files kinda died out. It wasn't worth keeping that area, so we've moved everything salvageable (is that even a word?) to the Editing subs. We've also reanimated prefixes to make browsing certain categories like Patches or Option Files way easier. Click on one and it will present you with similar files of a category you're searching for. Or use the "Filters" button instead like Chris mentioned.

It's gone, mate, people still posted their patches in the Editing sub plus Option Files kinda died out. It wasn't worth keeping that area, so we've moved everything salvageable (is that even a word?) to the Editing subs. We've also reanimated prefixes to make browsing certain categories like Patches or Option Files way easier. Click on one and it will present you with similar files of a category you're searching for. Or use the "Filters" button instead like Chris mentioned.
i do like the new logos in front of the threads! very clear to see! :TU:

The AI plays so much better using simple instructions and possession formation all advanced instructions off. There is virtually zero long balls and space is reduced massively, the defenders dont retreat as its frontline pressure. I want to set every team to this but wondering if all the teams will all play the same as it will be the same formation or would manually moving players after the formation is set change the AI behavior

i do like the new logos in front of the threads! very clear to see! :TU:

Danke! :) I'm still not quite sold on the colors I chose, but it'll do for now. It's important to know that you're able to click on these tags (or logos as you call them) as it will further filter things of a category. Any confusion people might have when browsing these subs now on first sight should vanish knowing this.

The AI plays so much better using simple instructions and possession formation all advanced instructions off. There is virtually zero long balls and space is reduced massively, the defenders dont retreat as its frontline pressure. I want to set every team to this but wondering if all the teams will all play the same as it will be the same formation or would manually moving players after the formation is set change the AI behavior

I might try this.

I do have to say I'm happy with this so far, ill upload some vids when I have time. Its not perfect by any means but it is a version of the demo with more polish in my humble opinion.

A question around image importing, is there only a set amount of slots for kits? Or can you delete say manager images to make room for kits? I seem to be running out of space....

Some minor bug bears that konami need to fix have placed the presentation for years. They need to:

Remove the big blocky captions on replays
Remove the instructions panel when a goal is scored (would prefer the old random cutscenes rather than control of the player)
When the score displays, show all goalscorer and times in a smaller font, including pens and own goals
The number of replays you can save has been halved from 10 to 5!!!
Replays themselves need better camera angles
Highlights need to be more like Pes 2013, nice and fast from multiple angles with the ability to save them and remove the UI
Id like the ability to switch on motion blur with them
The menus are so clunky its criminal, horrific even
Balls are still locked in exhibition if you choose two teams from a licensed league. Why?
Some stadiums can't be chosen in exhibition for the same reason. Why??

I might try this.

I do have to say I'm happy with this so far, ill upload some vids when I have time. Its not perfect by any means but it is a version of the demo with more polish in my humble opinion.

A question around image importing, is there only a set amount of slots for kits? Or can you delete say manager images to make room for kits? I seem to be running out of space....

Some minor bug bears that konami need to fix have placed the presentation for years. They need to:

Remove the big blocky captions on replays
Remove the instructions panel when a goal is scored (would prefer the old random cutscenes rather than control of the player)
When the score displays, show all goalscorer and times in a smaller font, including pens and own goals
The number of replays you can save has been halved from 10 to 5!!!
Replays themselves need better camera angles
Highlights need to be more like Pes 2013, nice and fast from multiple angles with the ability to save them and remove the UI
Id like the ability to switch on motion blur with them
The menus are so clunky its criminal, horrific even
Balls are still locked in exhibition if you choose two teams from a licensed league. Why?
Some stadiums can't be chosen in exhibition for the same reason. Why??
If you do not have 900+ kits, avoid using Large Kits (2048x2048) and keep only Small Kits (1024x1024).

Back
Top Bottom