eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

In fairness, I've not seen this, but that's because the deflections seem much more "telegraphed" to me.

I played one match last night after reading positive comments here through the day, and in the second half decided to test something* - I was so frustrated at the AI packing the box with ten men every time I did more than 2-3 seconds of build-up play, that I just started smashing full-manual shots from outside the box. Every single rebound either went perfectly to another player (with some of the deflections looking really obviously "fake" in terms of their trajectory), or went out of play. There wasn't a loose ball.

*decided to test something = lost my rag
Haha I keep doing the same thing. I read something positive and give it another go. I’ve tried everything I can think of to get a midfield and better positioning. I looked at the dt18 (granted I know very little about the values, but I gave it a shot) and I just find it to unbelievably rigid. Nothing feels organic.

It feels like the entire gameplay is dictated by a few overriding commands hidden deep in the code. No matter what you do the AI reverts back to sitting just outside their box. I actually don’t mean to sound like I’m hating on PES, because I really do like the franchise, I just hate where it’s at right now.

Funny that when installing the game, I could play the “ready to play” match, Portugal vs Argentina. I don’t know what level it was because it simply won’t let you check, but I scored two goals with Ronaldo from a long through pass, that caught the Cpu defense too high on the pitch. This means that the possibility is there, but it only seems it happens on a couple teams.
On my ML I do find some teams playing higher, and I can break their defense easier when they do. Yesterday, my 54 TS Rangers beated Arsenal on Europa League group 2-3, exactly because they were playing high line. Got a bit lucky with the finishing, but all 3 goals were one on one vs the keeper.
I do see most of the teams playing deep defense though, and it’s quite boring to be honest, specially because it leaves so much space on the midfield.
I might try another Argentina match and see if they play High, then I’ll check their tactics and try to find if there’s something that helps with other teams.

Seriously guys, watch this... it will make you love Pes again ahah! Now I know where Konami gets inspiration every year.
I think we've cracked it. Konami aren't bad at writing code to simulate football, they just dont follow the sport and base everything off of a youtube clip they believe represents how football is played.

As i turn off all visual aid off, can't seem to figure out what is the difference between basic/advanced through balls. I just know advanced is a lot more erratic for me

Given than I'm playing with no pass assistance, I'm expecting through balls to be manual as well but what is the difference amongst them?

For PES 2022 they better have some lush pitches. I actually avoid playing at night games because the pitches look horrible and the lighting gives me depression.

Same here :). I only stick to day games especially in stadiums that are not too sunny/ bright (i.e. Wembley). The game looks much better in these type of stadiums.

Same here :). I only stick to day games especially in stadiums that are not too sunny/ bright (i.e. Wembley). The game looks much better in these type of stadiums.
Lol yep I do the same. Wembley, Ajax stadium. Or stadiums with lots of shade. It's a shame because PES 2018 had the afternoon match option and the lighting was beautiful. PES 2010 had beautiful pitches even though the gameplay was ass.

Seriously guys, watch this... it will make you love Pes again ahah! Now I know where Konami gets inspiration every year.

haha 4.37 I did something like that for my sunday league team years ago played in goal as our keeper couldn't make it during the game i went to grab a drink from the bottle and let in a goal from 25yards that was the end of my career in goal great video btw

haha 4.37 I did something like that for my sunday league team years ago played in goal as our keeper couldn't make it during the game i went to grab a drink from the bottle and let in a goal from 25yards that was the end of my career in goal great video btw
To me the worst one is at 1:52. If that’s not scripting, I don’t know how to call it then. That’s usually when I switch the console off. 😂

Keeper stories I have a lot... :D
a 20 meter indoor goal through the legs, for example, sounds funny now.

it sure wasn't back then! :LOL:

the scorer still teases me 15 years later... :D

RANT AGAINST ASSISTANCE

Why oh why are football games interactive movies nowadays? (the norm of them)

I mean PES2021 is the best football game ever when played with 0 assistances, even with the countless AI problems. But everyone plays FULL ASSISTED, to the point that they are just watching the game execute things like passing, shooting and in some cases even defending...

When I play against another FUMA player, the joy it gives me is similar to real football. The anxiety when their team is close to goal. The happiness when I pull off a crazy good play, unexpected by my opponents. The confidence that my defense will set up shop, the frustration when my opponent is just better - ALL that is present. But those players are far and few inbetween a cesspit of assisted bots.

I can't find Manual players so for my footy fix I start searching Unrestricted mode. Already thinking about how I WILL outplay my opponent but still inevitably lose... Game starts and they can't get a whiff of the ball, suddenly their formulaic plays are not working and they feel insecure because the formula is not working, I'll score one or two with my opponents going panic mode... then on a random fully powered pass, they will find their cf and turn and shoot without having to do anything, or better yet, they will go with 3CFs (ridiculous looking) and start playing 1-2s so fast and accurate (totally unrealistic) that my defenders can't do shit, no matter how good I defend. The passes AI pulls when the controllers are assisted destroys any immersion possible.

Just now I was playing against RMA, dude was so out of his depth, couldn't have the ball to save his life... I shoot and miss. GK full powered kick to the front I clear it and it finds modric, then he just passes the ball not high but not low, and it GLUES to benzema's feet, I'm doing whatever I can to defend, but it's not enough, the pass put him one on one with my GK - Basic shooting - Goal.

I lose all will to play at that point. It's sad how they dumbed down Football games, they could and can be good, but for people like me, a lover of the sport, they are too simplistic when assisted (everyone plays like this).

RANT AGAINST ASSISTANCE

I mean PES2021 is the best football game ever when played with 0 assistances, even with the countless AI problems. But everyone plays FULL ASSISTED, to the point that they are just watching the game execute things like passing, shooting and in some cases even defending...

When I play against another FUMA player, the joy it gives me is similar to real football. The anxiety when their team is close to goal. The happiness when I pull off a crazy good play, unexpected by my opponents. The confidence that my defense will set up shop, the frustration when my opponent is just better - ALL that is present. But those players are far and few inbetween a cesspit of assisted bots.

I can't find Manual players so for my footy fix I start searching Unrestricted mode. Already thinking about how I WILL outplay my opponent but still inevitably lose... Game starts and they can't get a whiff of the ball, suddenly their formulaic plays are not working and they feel insecure because the formula is not working, I'll score one or two with my opponents going panic mode... then on a random fully powered pass, they will find their cf and turn and shoot without having to do anything, or better yet, they will go with 3CFs (ridiculous looking) and start playing 1-2s so fast and accurate (totally unrealistic) that my defenders can't do shit, no matter how good I defend. The passes AI pulls when the controllers are assisted destroys any immersion possible.

Just now I was playing against RMA, dude was so out of his depth, couldn't have the ball to save his life... I shoot and miss. GK full powered kick to the front I clear it and it finds modric, then he just passes the ball not high but not low, and it GLUES to benzema's feet, I'm doing whatever I can to defend, but it's not enough, the pass put him one on one with my GK - Basic shooting - Goal.

I lose all will to play at that point. It's sad how they dumbed down Football games, they could and can be good, but for people like me, a lover of the sport, they are too simplistic when assisted (everyone plays like this).

it’s just how it is bro, and how it always will be 🤷‍♂️ You have to remember that most of the people that play this game haven’t got the patience for FUMA. It’s hard. Really hard. You have to retrain your muscle memory Totally..
and most of these kids won’t care about the benefits.
It’s quite obvious by the way they play on assisted that they’re not interested in replicating real football whatsoever.. they just interested in winning in the easiet way possible. It’s the same on 99% of online gaming. It’s win at all costs. I play Rainbow6 siege on Xbox. Hugely popular game. And the higher ranks (Gold/platinum) are infested with mouse and keyboard cheaters. There’s nothing you can do about it but the mentality is the same.
Win
The easiest way possible.

the only hope we have is that there is a separate game mode for us next gen.
and there is currently a high amount of fuma posts on Reddit. More than I have ever seen. So it’s not TOO unlikely. Fingers crossed my fuma brother 🤞

it’s just how it is bro, and how it always will be 🤷‍♂️ You have to remember that most of the people that play this game haven’t got the patience for FUMA. It’s hard. Really hard. You have to retrain your muscle memory Totally..
It’s quite obvious by the way they play on assisted that they’re not interested in replicating real football whatsoever.. they just interested in winning in the easiet way possible. It’s the same on 99% of online gaming. It’s win at all costs. I play Rainbow6 siege on Xbox. Hugely popular game. And the higher ranks (Gold/platinum) are infested with mouse and keyboard cheaters. There’s nothing you can do about it but the mentality is the same.
Win

and there is currently a high amount of fuma posts on Reddit. More than I have ever seen. So it’s not TOO unlikely. Fingers crossed my fuma brother 🤞
certainly hope so.. Imagine that UE5 graphics goodness plus Manual mode...:WOOT::SMOKIN:

Win

True comment, imo!
I cannot count how many times I’ve lost a match and I can’t count how many times I was not upset by the end result! I definitely lose more games than I do win. That doesn’t take the joy out of playing a football game; for me that is.

i agree that it feels like the majority is getting their fun out of wins at all costs. I still have hope that when a good single player experience was delivered (and that includes modes, gameplay, animations, presentations, and a lot of stuff more) people would “jump” off that adrenaline rush producing (by simple triggering humans needs) wagon (Called FUT or MyClub)!

with some imagination... everything is possible!

let me have that last hope of sanity... for the greater good. Please. I want to believe.

Last edited:
RANT AGAINST ASSISTANCE

Xbox? Because ps4 Online divisions and set to similar settings isn't THAT hard to find other PA0 players. Yes, sometimes you have to wait 5min but it's worth it.

For all the usual frustrations mentioned I had a couple of really enjoyable exhibition games this evening. With FM passing and advanced through ball you can create some nice plays. I’ll take it, never liked PES 20, liking the improvements so far.

What absolute bonehead decided to give the keepers a stamina rating in the 50's? You have to drop the keeper after 4 matches because they are too tired to play

As i turn off all visual aid off, can't seem to figure out what is the difference between basic/advanced through balls. I just know advanced is a lot more erratic for me

Given than I'm playing with no pass assistance, I'm expecting through balls to be manual as well but what is the difference amongst them?

Advanced through ball is a different kettle of fish altogether. I play without visual cues but go into training mode and turn the aim assist on just to see what's going on. With Advanced you can curl the passes. Personally, full power Advanced Through balls I can handle but anything with less power I find it difficult to direct the passes.

Advanced through ball is a different kettle of fish altogether. I play without visual cues but go into training mode and turn the aim assist on just to see what's going on. With Advanced you can curl the passes. Personally, full power Advanced Through balls I can handle but anything with less power I find it difficult to direct the passes.

Thank you mate, i appreciate it.

Its very difficult to cross in manual , I cannot do a single cross to the CF
My small piece of advice: get off that sprinting button, position the player properly (looking in the direction he wants to cross to (think 45degree angle here)), try different crosses (lobed, regular, low, early) and move the striker in position with SC once the ball is in the air.
Try crossing with players having the pinpoint crossing trait or good stats in it.

My small piece of advice: get off that sprinting button, position the player properly (looking in the direction he wants to cross to (think 45degree angle here)), try different crosses (lobed, regular, low, early) and move the striker in position with SC once the ball is in the air.
Try crossing with players having the pinpoint crossing trait or good stats in it.
thank you I will try to practice more

Back
Top Bottom