eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

pardon my french, but the sheer stupidity of the average pes player is just unbelievable. so i'm playing online quick match with Vejle BK (2* team from denmark) against Juventus. you might think the other guy may try to play some football with a 5* team against vejle, but it doesn't matter. he just mindlessly spams long balls forward from every position and even uses the kick-off bug.

sometimes i think all those players are just robots because pretty much everybody does the same thing all the time. how can this be fun?

anyways, it feels good to beat such a clown with manual passes! :))
Is it Velje FC vs Juventus Or Cross FC vs Long-Ball FC? Haha.

P. S. - Wow, that fourth goal was amazing.

Last edited:
Guys, what difficulty are you playing on? I'm playing TP but may notch it up to SS as its far too easy even away to the big guns.

it plays a harder game but that’s because the AI gives you no time on the ball and camps on the 18 yard box, I am thinking of moving back to top player as it plays a far more enjoyable game, I am all ears if there’s anything can be done on superstar to make is less twitchy

Full manual players, doesn't it bother you that pass direction is locked in once you hit the pass button? In Fifa you can still change the direction while the pass is powering up, I really miss that in PES. So many misplaced passes because the pass took longer to execute than I expected and I can't adjust the direction.

Full manual players, doesn't it bother you that pass direction is locked in once you hit the pass button? In Fifa you can still change the direction while the pass is powering up, I really miss that in PES. So many misplaced passes because the pass took longer to execute than I expected and I can't adjust the direction.
Now that manual pass has clicked properly and shooting i really like it. The payer awareness has also made manual it more playable.
I don't even think about changing direction once ive commited to a pass although super cancel maybe would work.

Also i am not familiar with current fifas manual pass but how accurate is the pass once you have committed one way then gone the other - depending on the type of pass you would have to shift your whole body position for complex change in pass with power - so doesnt sound that realistic but again i havent tried it

Some guy (been here 3-4 times before,always gets banned) was praising this game,not a flaw in it etc,we played it wrong etc,became a bit too crazy in his ways trying to convince us all that he had seen the light and we were non believers
Serious question:
Was he actually working for Konami or is/was he just a troll?

Now that manual pass has clicked properly and shooting i really like it. The payer awareness has also made manual it more playable.
I don't even think about changing direction once ive commited to a pass although super cancel maybe would work.

Also i am not familiar with current fifas manual pass but how accurate is the pass once you have committed one way then gone the other - depending on the type of pass you would have to shift your whole body position for complex change in pass with power - so doesnt sound that realistic but again i havent tried it

You enjoying the game man?

Really enjoying it , i was on top player flipping between FUMA or PA 1 and Adv shooting now dropped down to FUMA on professional and it plays like a dream. Never realized with manual passing and shooting you flick the stick and power up at the same time before the balls kicked to get the accuracy. Now im at around 70% accurate shooting but from distance too.

The AI is still a challenge for me - Chelsea beat me 2 nil, wolves 1 nil after i had 17 shots and 10 on target they had 3 and scored with one thanks to my shambolic defending.

Of course there are issues like fouls are still iffy (i get about 4 or 5 per game but the ref seems to penalize me more than the AI for 50-50s) and i've only had one pen but its much better than 20 overall with how the ai plays and how responsive your players are

Looking forward to trying it on the PS5, hopefully silent and load times quicker until PES 22

Crap, I realized a patch will most likely fudge the game up in a couple weeks... (and no; I'm not saying it's fantastic atm)

Although PES2021 gameplay isn't a huge improvement over Last year, it's an improvement nether the less. I hope this time around the data packs moves the gameplay forward and not backward.

You enjoying the game man?
The penalty tally conceded by the Ai in exhibition is now in double figures after only a few days of purchasing this game. I've now witnessed more penalties in PES2021 than in PES18,19 and 20 combined.
any vids or tips on how you are winning them, trying everything and only won one and that was on the line and dubious if it was in the area

Really enjoying it , i was on top player flipping between FUMA or PA 1 and Adv shooting now dropped down to FUMA on professional and it plays like a dream. Never realized with manual passing and shooting you flick the stick and power up at the same time before the balls kicked to get the accuracy. Now im at around 70% accurate shooting but from distance too.

The AI is still a challenge for me - Chelsea beat me 2 nil, wolves 1 nil after i had 17 shots and 10 on target they had 3 and scored with one thanks to my shambolic defending.

Of course there are issues like fouls are still iffy (i get about 4 or 5 per game but the ref seems to penalize me more than the AI for 50-50s) and i've only had one pen but its much better than 20 overall with how the ai plays and how responsive your players are

Looking forward to trying it on the PS5, hopefully silent and load times quicker until PES 22

Yeah, i hated PES 20 after the first few DP's, i do feel this one is much improved. Its been a while that I played a recent PES solidly for a week and still want to play it. See how this pans out.

this!!! :D

i found this to be working only a week or 2 ago. its so much more precise. i tend to walk in the same direction as i was then aiming for the goal.
now im walking in one directio, put the body in position, load the "height" bar and while i do so, i adjust for the shooting aim! not sure how long this have been this way... but its a very welcome thing! my precision on goal is getting better and better too! wish this would work for ground passes too!
this also makes for some wonderful outcomes. when you walk in a 90" angle to where you aim for the shot... funny outcomes, misshots... it even works for headers. btw: some lovely accidental mistaken shots and headers are in!
i combine "my" new method of shooting with the lovely hard ground shots! all i wanna do atm is hitting some rockets through the grass !! :TU:

so i was right when i said, there is still some stuff (like controls) to be uncovered for me! just great! :)

edit: i dont flick the LS, i just change direction for the shooting aim when i fill the bar! so its: running/walking in one direction, adjusting the body, then filling the bar and while it does... i change direction with the LS again to bring the "aim" in the right direction for the actual shot on goal.
its all done with the LS, only that i adjust the aim after filling the bar to my liking. sorry if this sounds confusing. in reality its not, only unfamiliar!

Last edited:
any vids or tips on how you are winning them, trying everything and only won one and that was on the line and dubious if it was in the area

These penalties were mostly in CPU V CPU games in exhibition. 1 or 2 were questionable and i've even seen some clear pens not given which is to be expected. I often watch alot of cpu v cpu matches when a new PES game or PES update is released.

Manual shooting is very tricky sometimes. I'm not understanding this flick of tha stick tactic you are using... I almost always shoot it perfectly close to the goal, like I have insane precision to the post and just outside it lol

Manual shooting is very tricky sometimes. I'm not understanding this flick of tha stick tactic you are using... I almost always shoot it perfectly close to the goal, like I have insane precision to the post and just outside it lol
So what i do is when im in the position i think is right, example was mane for liverpool ill cut inside so ball is on the right foot at the edge of the area then ill aim for top right corner which is basically push left stick towards top left diagonal and apply less than half power , but this is done and let go before he strikes the ball - if i continuously to hold direction as he connects with the ball i find it going to the center all the time . Same with controlled shot same method but holding controlled shot button but im not pressing anything as the player connects with the ball

this!!! :D

i found this to be working only a week or 2 ago. its so much more precise. i tend to walk in the same direction as i was then aiming for the goal.
now im walking in one directio, put the body in position, load the "height" bar and while i do so, i adjust for the shooting aim! not sure how long this have been this way... but its a very welcome thing! my precision on goal is getting better and better too! wish this would work for ground passes too!
this also makes for some wonderful outcomes. when you walk in a 90" angle to where you aim for the shot... funny outcomes, misshots... it even works for headers. btw: some lovely accidental mistaken shots and headers are in!
i combine "my" new method of shooting with the lovely hard ground shots! all i wanna do atm is hitting some rockets through the grass !! :TU:

so i was right when i said, there is still some stuff (like controls) to be uncovered for me! just great! :)

edit: i dont flick the LS, i just change direction for the shooting aim when i fill the bar! so its: running/walking in one direction, adjusting the body, then filling the bar and while it does... i change direction with the LS again to bring the "aim" in the right direction for the actual shot on goal.
its all done with the LS, only that i adjust the aim after filling the bar to my liking. sorry if this sounds confusing. in reality its not, only unfamiliar!
exactly the only reason i played adv shooting was i could control low shots - try the flick method (not sure what else to call it) with minimal power whilst holding finesse shot button - it does a really nice curling low shot - im also using the same method for passing and i feel so much in control - maybe a coincidence but i doubt it

I really like to mix Adv shooting (because you can use R2) with L2- manual shooting when the feeling is right. ;)

Another thing; I get the feeling (always with the feelings when it comes to PES...) that Advanced through balls is pretty stat- based. I clearly feel that Papu Gomez performs them better than de Roon for example. So if PA0 takes away some of the passing stats I think that can shine through there instead. But again, that's just my gut feeling...

exactly the only reason i played adv shooting was i could control low shots - try the flick method (not sure what else to call it) with minimal power whilst holding finesse shot button - it does a really nice curling low shot - im also using the same method for passing and i feel so much in control - maybe a coincidence but i doubt it
i will give that flicking the stick thing a try.
never got the aim adjustment seperatly to the walking direction working as it is with shots now!

the other game had that control mechanism for ground passes included. i will try mate! :)

I really like to mix Adv shooting (because you can use R2) with L2- manual shooting when the feeling is right. ;)

Another thing; I get the feeling (always with the feelings when it comes to PES...) that Advanced through balls is pretty stat- based. I clearly feel that Papu Gomez performs them better than de Roon for example. So if PA0 takes away some of the passing stats I think that can shine through there instead. But again, that's just my gut feeling...
Always been my view on it too (Adv TB)

So what i do is when im in the position i think is right, example was mane for liverpool ill cut inside so ball is on the right foot at the edge of the area then ill aim for top right corner which is basically push left stick towards top left diagonal and apply less than half power , but this is done and let go before he strikes the ball - if i continuously to hold direction as he connects with the ball i find it going to the center all the time . Same with controlled shot same method but holding controlled shot button but im not pressing anything as the player connects with the ball
so you press and release? gotcha

I find it hard to believe that you can pass the same with mustafi as you can with de Bruyne on PA0. I just don’t think it works like that...
There must be error and varying animations in there?
Also, I love the idea of advanced thru-ball but I find it almost impossible to play first time passes with it .. any tips? Seems to take an absolute age in some instances from me pressing the button and my player making the pass... 🤷‍♂️

I find it hard to believe that you can pass the same with mustafi as you can with de Bruyne on PA0. I just don’t think it works like that...
There must be error and varying animations in there?
Also, I love the idea of advanced thru-ball but I find it almost impossible to play first time passes with it .. any tips? Seems to take an absolute age in some instances from me pressing the button and my player making the pass... 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I use it when I have the time with a good passer or out on the wing for a high through ball, it is almost impossible to use for through balls in tight spaces. I go L2- manual for that. ;)

But try powering up with triangle before u get the ball and then aim where u want it to go when it gets to the player making the pass. You can pull off some nice direct through passes doing that. It's hard but really rewarding. :)

Yeah, I use it when I have the time with a good passer or out on the wing for a high through ball, it is almost impossible to use for through balls in tight spaces. I go L2- manual for that. ;)

But try powering up with triangle before u get the ball and then aim where u want it to go when it gets to the player making the pass. You can pull off some nice direct through passes doing that. It's hard but really rewarding. :)
Yeah I pulled off a curved through ball round the back of two defenders by mane for Salah to slot it home , only problem is I don't know how I did it and my next 5 will be way off the mark and either go way too long or travel about 3 foot.if I could master that now I've got to grips with manual there could be some really rewarding goals

Wonder which football game implements sticks only first?
Instead of pushing X buttons etc,I play with sticks only (ish) both on 2k but mainly NHL

Back
Top Bottom