eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I definitly feels differences after the patch. Played 3 games in master league full manual on superstar. Feels more a live.

+more runs from ai
+more fouls, ai more aggressive
+ai plays more varied
+havent felt any scripting, but also feels a bit easier as i got 1 win 2 draws. Draw both against pool and city. The first game against liverpool i really felt a different from start, they played with high tempo and very varied.

Its just 3 games, but i really enjoyed it. And im quite sure its not placebo🙂

Also got a bid in for grealish on 84 million pounds, even tho he is marketed on 36m.

The run is actually nice, but look at the CB's at the end of the run. It kind of highlights what the CB's do a lot of the time in this game. They just defend imaginary positions instead of playing the attacker.

Exactly.....

Weird apologists will tell you the first video was outside the area .... And the deep line defensive tactics is the issue with the second one...

While in reality it is a broken AI logic in understanding the threat and covering the danger.... If I set my team to play a deep defensive line it doesn't mean that they meet the player in the six yard box :LMAO:

I definitly feels differences after the patch. Played 3 games in master league full manual on superstar. Feels more a live.

+more runs from ai
+more fouls, ai more aggressive
+ai plays more varied
+havent felt any scripting, but also feels a bit easier as i got 1 win 2 draws. Draw both against pool and city. The first game against liverpool i really felt a different from start, they played with high tempo and very varied.

Its just 3 games, but i really enjoyed it. And im quite sure its not placebo🙂

Also got a bid in for grealish on 84 million pounds, even tho he is marketed on 36m.
any way you could play some matches in exhibition mode and tell us again, please?! ML aint a good base to check on those changes, imo.

The game is better.

Biggest difference is responsiveness is much, mich better than default.

There are more animations

Much more fouls. Collisions are much better, still an issue but much improved i even got a penalty from just left stick dribbling with hagi. Had one 15 minute match end with 5 fouls each.

Overall. Great core gameplay improves all round. Really good.

But

BUT.

Game feels easier.

Why

KONAMI!!!! SERIOUSLY. WHAT HE FUCK DO YOU CALL THESE TACTICS???

JUVENTUS PLAY LIKE RETARDS!!!!

THE OBSESSION WITH DEEP DEFENSIVE LINE.

SETTINGS AND FORMATIONS WHICH DO NOT WORK AND MAKE NO GODDAM SENSE.

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!! THE REVOLUTION STARTS TODAY!! NO MORE OF THIS BULLSHIT!!!

Exactly.....

Weird apologists will tell you the first video was outside the area .... And the deep line defensive tactics is the issue with the second one...

While in reality it is a broken AI logic in understanding the threat and covering the danger.... If I set my team to play a deep defensive line it doesn't mean that they meet the player in the six yard box :LMAO:
Wierd apologists ? What's wrong with you , why when someone gives there feedback you have to resort to insults ..that's weird

Weird question:

Is tactics changes - for example deep defensive line a thing that can be changed in option files or a manual thing?

Looking forward to start a Master League on FUMA I must say.

Exactly.....

ah found lots of posts by you on other sites, pes social, reddit etc. You are a massive troll with a huge chip on your shoulder, makes sense now. I will stop reacting now

Weird question:

Is tactics changes - for example deep defensive line a thing that can be changed in option files or a manual thing?

Looking forward to start a Master League on FUMA I must say.
Yes. In edit mode, and tactics. I for example was starting one in premier league. So i checked all PL teams and deleted all deep defensive line tactics.

The game is better.

Biggest difference is responsiveness is much, mich better than default.

There are more animations

Much more fouls. Collisions are much better, still an issue but much improved i even got a penalty from just left stick dribbling with hagi. Had one 15 minute match end with 5 fouls each.

Overall. Great core gameplay improves all round. Really good.

But

BUT.

Game feels easier.

Why

KONAMI!!!! SERIOUSLY. WHAT HE FUCK DO YOU CALL THESE TACTICS???

JUVENTUS PLAY LIKE RETARDS!!!!

THE OBSESSION WITH DEEP DEFENSIVE LINE.

SETTINGS AND FORMATIONS WHICH DO NOT WORK AND MAKE NO GODDAM SENSE.

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!! THE REVOLUTION STARTS TODAY!! NO MORE OF THIS BULLSHIT!!!
that sounds too good to be true! ;)
man... how i was smiling while reading! :D

that sounds too good to be true! ;)
man... how i was smiling while reading! :D
■ Other Updates

・ Made some tweaks to the system responsible for determining what occurs when users go idle in online matches.

A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience.

■ Other Updates

・ Made some tweaks to the system responsible for determining what occurs when users go idle in online matches.

A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience.
thats like PS4 "system stability" updates! ;)
The way I'd describe it after a few games. It feels a tad more responsive, player reactions are quicker, passing snappier. Everything feels tighter. Looking forward to more games later when everyone is in bed.
sounds good as well! any negatives so far?

...i only hear good stuff and i'm getting more and more caught between happy and suspicious! :BOUNCE:

In terms of visuals this update is lacking so much. Take Serie A for example. They did update the kits, but for some reason the majority of teams don't have any sponsors. Looks better, but kills immersion for me. Parma player kits have the correct sponsor but the goalkeeper kit doesn't. The Turkish league is even worse, just a few of the top teams have 20/21 kits but the vast majority of teams doesn't even have updated kits. This is just from what I've gone through now, I'm sure there are more teams who were supposedly meant to be updated in this data pack. National team kits have been updated though from what I've seen. All UEFA nations and Chile as well. I know I might be nitpicking but it also annoys me a lot how they have face models from previous games but don't/can't add them in after a certain date. Davy Klaassen, Mario Götze, Marco van Ginkel examples of players who are in game now and definitely had a face in older PES games but they won't be added until the next data pack. This happened last year too for players like Ibrahimovic. Imagine that, Milan at that time one their main partner clubs, signing a club legend and one of the most recognisable players in world football and he had a generic face in game for weeks. Again, I might be nitpicking a bit here but in my opinion this lack of care on their behalf is just really indicative for how they work on this game overall.

A second thing I've noticed is that Other European Leagues is now full of teams we can edit. These are all the teams who aren't supposed to be in the game anymore like Hull, Livorno and Wigan, but with fake player names etc. I wonder if they'll remove these later on or not. I hope not since it could be used to edit in more Europa League teams for example.

Now to actually play the game a bit and see what's changed there...

A second thing I've noticed is that Other European Leagues is now full of teams we can edit. These are all the teams who aren't supposed to be in the game anymore like Hull, Livorno and Wigan, but with fake player names etc. I wonder if they'll remove these later on or not. I hope not since it could be used to edit in more Europa League teams for example.
If they were clever, they'd use them for promotion/relegation purposes.
Like, who knows, the two teams finishing bottom in the EFL Championship could get replaced by Wigan and Hull in the following season, or something like that. I mean, the teams are there. They can't be removed (as far as I know) otherwise ongoing ML campaigns would be broken. Just use them!
It'd give ML a little more thrill.

In terms of visuals this update is lacking so much. Take Serie A for example. They did update the kits, but for some reason the majority of teams don't have any sponsors. Looks better, but kills immersion for me. Parma player kits have the correct sponsor but the goalkeeper kit doesn't. The Turkish league is even worse, just a few of the top teams have 20/21 kits but the vast majority of teams doesn't even have updated kits. This is just from what I've gone through now, I'm sure there are more teams who were supposedly meant to be updated in this data pack. National team kits have been updated though from what I've seen. All UEFA nations and Chile as well. I know I might be nitpicking but it also annoys me a lot how they have face models from previous games but don't/can't add them in after a certain date. Davy Klaassen, Mario Götze, Marco van Ginkel examples of players who are in game now and definitely had a face in older PES games but they won't be added until the next data pack. This happened last year too for players like Ibrahimovic. Imagine that, Milan at that time one their main partner clubs, signing a club legend and one of the most recognisable players in world football and he had a generic face in game for weeks. Again, I might be nitpicking a bit here but in my opinion this lack of care on their behalf is just really indicative for how they work on this game overall.

Now to actually play the game a bit and see what's changed there...
you have 2 hours to report back to us! i'll be at home by then and need to know if its update worhty! :LOL:

kidding here; take your time and enjoy! just let us know please.

If they were clever, they'd use them for promotion/relegation purposes.
Like, who knows, the two teams finishing bottom in the EFL Championship could get replaced by Wigan and Hull in the following season, or something like that. I mean, the teams are there. They can't be removed (as far as I know) otherwise ongoing ML campaigns would be broken. Just use them!
It'd give ML a little more thrill.
This would also be good, however I think they are far to lazy to code something like this into the game. I mentioned Europa League because in my MLs the selection of Europa League teams is not too realistic as it doesn't cover the real variety of teams from smaller leagues getting into the group stages. Would be nice to have a very complete Other European Leagues with teams from Austria, Poland, Romania, Croatia, Serbia etc. If these teams remain I will definitely edit them into what I mentioned and start a ML campaign with a Europa League team like Nice, CSKA Moscow or Sociedad

Exactly.....

That is pes's tactics being overly rigid. Unfortunately we have to dive into every teams tactics to get a more enjoyable experience from this game

That is pes's tactics being overly rigid. Unfortunately we have to dive into every teams tactics to get a more enjoyable experience from this game

On PC I use the amazing Klashman solution which is really appreciated, But I think that such instruction needs to removed form the game all together.
We already can change the mentality and def line with the d pad in match, Add to that the swarm the box instruction and line height setting in tactics screen ...Too many !

For the ones that have a good memory, On PES 2018 there was a data pack (3 or 4 I don't remember ) that actually fixed the deep defensive line issue but the goalkeepers were too stuck to their lines and it looked really pathetic. So they reverted back to that deep monstrosity of a shape in the next one.

I feel they're papering over the cracks with every patch and it takes so long to address simple issues like these.

I've been down this path before. There is definitely an undeniable difference in gameplay post patch. It runs smooth as butter. But for some reason the game eventually seems to break itself again. I don't know how Konami do it but it always happens.

I've been down this path before. There is definitely an undeniable difference in gameplay post patch. It runs smooth as butter. But for some reason the game eventually seems to break itself again. I don't know how Konami do it but it always happens.

Konami getting the next patch ready:
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom