FIFA 08 Manager Mode Adventure Thread

Manager Mode - 4th year: 1st season with Bayer04Leverkusen

Wow! Simply fantastic mate :). Great 2nd goals in both of those CL games! :D

nice spoiler, thanks! :D

----------------------------------------

as manager, looking forward to my first visit to the Allianz Arena.
it's simply amazing! i was hoping we would continue our great run in form,
& luckily we were meeting the lesser of the two Munich outfits.
but as they say, "never underestimate an opponent."
i'm sure 1860 München were out to prove themselves worthy of staying in the Bundesliga,
by scalping the current league leaders...

Bundesliga fixture 9
v TSV 1860 München
at the Allianz Arena

match highlights:

1860 München 2
(Göktan 02', Schroth 22')
Leverkusen 4
(Kießling 06' 75', Ramelow 20', Gekas 41')

Re: Manager Mode - 4th year: 1st season with Bayer04Leverkusen

nice spoiler, thanks! :D

----------------------------------------

as manager, looking forward to my first visit to the Allianz Arena.
it's simply amazing! i was hoping we would continue our great run in form,
& luckily we were meeting the lesser of the two Munich outfits.
but as they say, "never underestimate an opponent."
i'm sure 1860 München were out to prove themselves worthy of staying in the Bundesliga,
by scalping the current league leaders...

Bundesliga fixture 9
v TSV 1860 München
at the Allianz Arena

match highlights:

1860 München 2
(Göktan 02', Schroth 22')
Leverkusen 4
(Kießling 06' 75', Ramelow 20', Gekas 41')

what a good game that was:applause:but are you playing in world class or pro?because sometimes their defending was very bad

Yet another screw up, beat Slavia Prague 1-0,3-1 in the ECC quarter finals and guess who are in the Semi finals, yep Slavia Prague... seems they beat Bayern 1-0,0-0 too... God is it too much to get things like this right? Some of the faults are bed wittingly bad!!

Nice! Goals galore!

what a good game that was:applause:but are you playing in world class or pro?because sometimes their defending was very bad

thanks!

it's on pro...they are a Bundesliga2 team in real life, afterall ;)

Nick Cave,
i hate that duplicate team bug! it's happened to me twice.
luckily they were knocked out so i never played them again.

Nick Cave,
i hate that duplicate team bug! it's happened to me twice.
luckily they were knocked out so i never played them again.

I've played 11 seasons and it's only the second time I've seen it, can't work out why it does it? It was Inter last time so not team specific...

Inter? shit that would've been a nightmare for me, since i don't have updated squads,
Adriano is still there :\
luckily for me it was Fenerbahce, on both occasions.

I've played 11 seasons and it's only the second time I've seen it, can't work out why it does it? It was Inter last time so not team specific...

holly shit, how can you play that many games.. i honestly feel most of the games vs the computer all seem the exact same, with not a lot of variation between matches.. everytime i start a new MM i get bored by the third or fourth game

ok,after reading the whole Manager Mode adventure Thread,i decided for the first time to begin a season in this mode(i used to play in League mode)
So i started with Newcastle utd and i have to say it's really difficult as i'm playing in world class.Scored only one goal in the League in 4 games(Martins),drew 1 times and lost 2 times against the Rival Sunderland away 2 nil and Tottenham one nil.
And i had a fantastic game in the second round of the Carling Cup against Carlisle away.I decided for this game to give a chance to fridge players so i rested most of my players (who were a bit tired too and the next week end i 'll play Arsenal at the Emirates)
Carlisle Gave me a real game,they hit the woodwork Twice,one with a fantastic header and One with a free kick,had most of the possesion During the game and i have to say i don't know how i ended without conceding a goal.So the game went to extra time and i had to sub the average Ameobi by Martins who saved my live with a brillant header from a Geremi cross:D:D
Now next round will be against Birmingham.

what a great game,what a great mode it is,loved it!:D

Ps:is there a replay when we draw in a FA Cup game??

You meant fringe - fringe means "on the edge of selection", i.e. not always in the first team, and it can also mean the hair at the front of your head.

A fridge is where you put food and drink to keep it cold. You can see why he laughed, at the idea of you keeping your players in the fridge! :lol:

:LOL: Hehe, sorry mate! I didn't even notice you were French! In that case your English is pretty damn good. A lot better than my French that's for sure... :oops:.

Carlisle Gave me a real game,they hit the woodwork Twice,one with a fantastic header and One with a free kick,had most of the possesion During the game and i have to say i don't know how i ended without conceding a goal.So the game went to extra time and i had to sub the average Ameobi by Martins who saved my live with a brillant header from a Geremi cross:D:D
Now next round will be against Birmingham.

Cup games against lower opposition are utter shit due to EA's very poorly implemented "underdog logic" which means lesser skilled players miraculously have the strength of Drogba, the dribbling of CRonaldo, the tackling of Gerrard and the shooting of Lampard (the Chelsea one not the England one), which is utter bullshit, hopefully next time they'll make the effort to implement a proper underdog system whereby lesser teams compete against better teams by means of working hard to close down space, defending from deep, counter attacking and taking opportunities to get numbers up for set pieces........

:LOL: Hehe, sorry mate! I didn't even notice you were French! In that case your English is pretty damn good. A lot better than my French that's for sure... :oops:.

Thanks mate;)

lesser teams compete against better teams by means of working hard to close down space, defending from deep, counter attacking and taking opportunities to get numbers up for set pieces........

but that's exactly what they did,for example last sunday i watched Preston Portsmouth,Preston did a great game and Portsmouth went through only because they had a great David James.What i mean it when a Premier League Team(except the big 4)plays away against a lower team (from a lower division)most of the time they struggle,and that why i find this game so realistic.
when you see the draw against lower division you tell yourselve"Oh it's gonna be easy let's plays the friges;)players"but you completely wrong you have to field your best players,exactly like in real live

Last edited:
Not sure what point you're actually trying to make, but from my experience (10 seasons as Sheff Weds in manager mode) lesser teams in cup matches in Fifa do not play as in your example of Preston v Portsmouth, the lesser teams play better than they should by means of unrealistic "stat/ability boosts", a shit player will never be able to dribble like Ronaldo or take freekicks like Beckham no matter how much he tries, in real life he can be effective by working really hard and playing football in a smart, tactical manner, that's not how EA have programmed it in Fifa 08.

holly shit, how can you play that many games.. i honestly feel most of the games vs the computer all seem the exact same, with not a lot of variation between matches.. everytime i start a new MM i get bored by the third or fourth game

Try playing 2 player on same team, it's different to 1 player v Comp. Sure the bugs are still there but because you have to play as a team it's always different.
It's true all the Comp teams play the same but I've been in and chanced all the tactics etc to try and make them more lifelike.

MM Update:

Finished the season, was pretty close till the last 2 games. Up to that point I was either a point ahead or behind. Won the last few games and that gave me a 4 point lead going into the last 2 matches with 2nd placed having played a game more. Also managed to win the FA cup final, 2-0 vs Chelsea.

Record so far is:
2009-10: League Winners, FA cup finalist, CL groupstages, League Cup QF
2010-11: League Winners, FA cup Winners, Community Shield Winner, CL last 16, League Cup Finalist
2011-12: ?

I really want to win the CL (hopefully at a real away stadium otherwise it will be quite an anti climax playing someone at anfield or les artes) and untill I do I will stay at Liverpool. Once Ive managed that I'll change team / league!

Try playing 2 player on same team, it's different to 1 player v Comp. Sure the bugs are still there but because you have to play as a team it's always different.
It's true all the Comp teams play the same but I've been in and chanced all the tactics etc to try and make them more lifelike.

yes that does souund better, too bad my dog cant play video games and my woman hates them, my mates cant be arsed to get there lazy asses over to my house, they need to make MM co-op on live.. or i would totally do what your saying. How did you change there tactics?

Not sure what point you're actually trying to make, but from my experience (10 seasons as Sheff Weds in manager mode) lesser teams in cup matches in Fifa do not play as in your example of Preston v Portsmouth, the lesser teams play better than they should by means of unrealistic "stat/ability boosts", a shit player will never be able to dribble like Ronaldo or take freekicks like Beckham no matter how much he tries, in real life he can be effective by working really hard and playing football in a smart, tactical manner, that's not how EA have programmed it in Fifa 08.

yes and this is one of the things i hate about it... arghh, well however i cant wait for 09..

I think it was Jack that suggested lowering the skill level for when you play underdogs, so if you normally play on World Class if you get a cup game against a lower division team play them on Professional and it'll probably be a smidge less annoying.

I always play pro. Used to thrash the comp on 6* pes ml with youth teams but on fifa this seems like the perfect balance. It also shows in the tournaments imo, atleast for me it does. I have a really good team with Liverpool and a formation that works really well for me so I can win the league reasonably comfortably by just playing consistent and taking my chances. It still retains a nice balance of draws and losses but is realistic when compared to the real leagues.

And for cups it steps up a level, the domestic ones I can usually get pretty far but the CL really is a step up and tough to win, for me anyway. I like that balance, even if it can be improved with workrate and teamwork stats instead of dribble kings and super strikers. But even so, the matches I have trouble with are usually the games with teams that play a congested defense/midfield blocking me via good tactics / team setup. Its not usually by being amazing all of a sudden. So I dont notice these "peaks" for teams as individual cheating but more as collective teamwork and them "being up for it".

Cant wait for 09 now! Hopefully news will be coming soon.

I srart a carrer with YEOVIL TOWN (League One)

Bord Expectations:
League 1- finish in first half
F.A. Cup- round 2
Upgrade medical staff
Extend contract of 3 player with 3 or more years

Rezultate

July:
Carlisle United (A) 1-1
Leyton Orient (A) 0-1

August:
Cheltemham Town (H) 2-1
Doncaster (A) 0-0
Millwall (H) 1-0
Ghillingham (A) 1-2
Nottingam Forest (H) 0-1
Grimsby (A) 2-1 - League Cup (round 1)
Southeand United (A) 0-0

September:
Port Vale (H) 2-1
Hartlepool (A) 0-1
Tranmere (H) 0-2
Northampton (A) 1-0

Octomber:
Luton (H) 1-0Huddersfield (A) 0-4
Bighton (H) 1-1
Walsall (A) 0-0

November:
Swansea (H) 0-1
Crewe (H) 3-1
Bounemouth (A) 1-2

Last edited:
November:
Yeovil Town 0 - 2 Bristol Rovers
Leeds 2 - 1 Yeovil Town
Yeovil Town 0 - 1 Swindon

December:

Oldham 0 - 2 Yeovil Town
Yeovil Town 3 - 1 Leyton Orient
F.A. Cup (1 round)
Yeovil Town 0 - 2 Bradford LDV Trophy (1 round)
Crewe 2 - 1 Yeovil Town

It's PC, you can tell by the help button and the close button on the top-right (and no :x: :triangle: etc. anywhere).

Back
Top Bottom