FIFA 08 Manager Mode Adventure Thread

Some of the things that are missed out or they get wrong just mystify me... anyone who is anyone who knows anything about football would see these things FFS they jump out and smack you in the mouth with a big wet fish, python style.
I'm hoping things will improve on the off field side no end next time given the FM influence.

Yup, we found that out the other day! :lol:

And I still can't get over Cup Finals being played at the home teams stadium :mad: How fucking hard would it have been to get the Carling Cup and FA Cup finals at Wembley? Honestly, it takes away about 50% of the game enjoyness for me.

Agreed. I really hope EA sort this out in 09

+ Championship play-offs
+ Weather changes
+ European games played at NIGHT
+ Cup finals at real venues (Wembley etc...)

After reading the focus being placed on gameplay again I really hope they have time to sort these small things out. Weather doesnt even have to be done as that will take a lot of effort with the physics, so I would imagine that to be unlikely unless thats what they mean with gameplay. Atleast get the time and stadiums right as that is surely only a days, maybe a weeks work for one person!

Playing in the rain though would be ace...having it done properly where kits get wet, the pitch deteriorates and the ball has a gloss on it that when it hits the grass it skids a bit.

Different weather conditions will definately be in FIFA 09 :). They have them already in Madden 08, and it's amazing playing in the pooring rain :).

after winning the 1st leg at home by just 1 - 0,
i was just hoping to come away with a draw
in the return leg away...

ECC (Champions League) qualifier
2nd leg
Vitesse (cpu) v Leverkusen

match highlights:

Vitesse - 1
(65' S. KOLK)
Leverkusen - 5
(33' AIMAR, 44' BARBAREZ, 52' SCHWEGLER, 72' BARBAREZ, 76' GEKAS)

i didn't think it was going to be a rout...
the 'Legendary' gods were smiling on me.

Played my first knockout round of the CL today. Bayern away. God it was great to play in a different away stadium for a change!

Anyway, very tight game, bayern have really strong physical players and managed to score from a cross (30th min). After that they just countered and were doing it well. I really got the impression that I was playing a foreign team with a different style which was really nice. Managed to get an equaliser on the 60th min from a cross and overhead kick from torres, but within a min they had scored with a well worked goal and tap-in to finish it off. Couldnt get through their defense and the game finished 2-1 to bayern for the 1st leg.............or so I thought as while the game wa showing the highlights the console crashed. So I get to give it another go, which Im thankfull for as I couldnt see myself scoring much at home. :D Didnt help that my girlfriend was talking to me the whole match about ikea cupboards......

Hey guys i watch the gameplay footage etc how hard is it to play through the middle, Arsenal Like cause if i get this game and its impossible to do that il be crap im to stubborn not to play that way i just wouldnt enjoy it? so is it possible?

^ i'd say it's pretty difficult for myself. maybe because i use a basic 442 formation, which lends itself more to wingplay. but it's not impossible.

Bundesliga - fixture 3
VFB Stuttgart (cpu) v Bayer Leverkusen

one highlight:

just one replay only, a freekick by Reid. despite a hattrick from Kießling, i didn't think the other goals were convincing enough!

Stuttgart 0
Leverkusen 5

(8' Barnetta, 18' 27' 77' Kießling, 48' Reid)

@ younggun, it depends on the formation I think. I use to use a 4-4-2 diamond and my midfielders just didnt get forward enough. Now I use a 4-2-3-1 formation and for the front 4 use 1-2's a lot across all 4 players in one attack. Makes everybody move about and run into space. Have scored enough goals through the middle with the likes of gerrard, beni noon, etc doing give&go short passes between the players. Its hard, but then it should be.

Nice :8):

thanks, if you were referring to my freekick.
if so......no bend :(

an additional four videos added, since then:

Bundesliga fixture 4
v Eintracht Frankfurt
:

Bundesliga fixture 5
at HerthaBSC

(in the Olympiastadion):

Bundesliga fixture 6
v BorussiaDortmund
:

Champions League
group stage - matchday 1
at Slavia Praha
:

unfortunately 'Stage6' is going through problems.
those may be the last four added. :(

Last edited:
Replayed the CL match, this without the GF nattering in my ear. Didnt help though, lost 1-0. Changed the formation a bit for the home match as torres just didnt have enough support with bayern keeping about 8 men at the back the whole time. So instead I added crouch upfront and got rid of xabi. Didnt work though, they scored on a counter for 1-0 at HT. Second half I couldnt get through and they were the more dangerous. Last second leg 1-0 aswell to be knocked out in the 1st knockout stage of the CL. :(

Can see that game being mirrored with liverpool's real match against Inter next week.

Ive been promoted to the Premiership with 5 games to go :D (with Leeds)

I was knocked out of the Uefa Cup by Roma, 3-1 on aggregate :( Stoke beat me in the early rounds of the Crling Cup

I have also reached the FA Cup final for the 2nd year running :D i play chelsea. Hopefully i can bring the trophy back to Elland Road.

Champions League
group stage - matchday 2
Leverkusen v Marseille

match highlights:

tough match.
we left it late...Gekas to the rescue in the 94th minute!
Leverkusen 1
Marseille 0

'Stage6' back up & running. for now :|

Last edited:
@ SPMC,

They deserved the win tbh, I just couldnt get passed the defense/midfield enough. Was very much a "step up" in team quality. Felt a bit like WC difficulty. Cant say I mind as I like the challenge, on pes I would have done the treble by now.

^ that's why i don't feel like i'm cheating myself playing on 'professional'.
on 'world class' it's such a chore, even against 3* teams :(

i like to think that...
"on 'professional' difficulty, the cpu goes into 'Legendary mode' 50% of the time,
on 'world class' 75% of the time, and of course 100% of the time on 'legendary'."

good luck!

Cheers.

I played the final last night, lost 3-2, all goals scored in the 1st half :(

Chelsea went 2 nill ahead, i pulled 2 back then they scored the 3rd less than 30 seconds after i equalized :roll: cheating AI ](*,)

My 1st season in the Premiership begins today :D cant wait...

I just need to do some research and put together a list of players i want to sign during the transfer window.

My opening 3 fixtures: ](*,)

Middelsboro (H)
Chelsea (A)
Tottenham (A)

Cheers.

I played the final last night, lost 3-2, all goals scored in the 1st half :(

Chelsea went 2 nill ahead, i pulled 2 back then they scored the 3rd less than 30 seconds after i equalized :roll: cheating AI ](*,)

you're playing on world class, right?
the cpu went into 'Legendary Mode' :(

you're playing on world class, right?
the cpu went into 'Legendary Mode' :(

Yeah world class. the computer cheat far to often though :(

i might have to go down a level or i wont survive in the premiership. ill see how it goes first though.

^ i had to do the same.
just for me, 'professional' seems more balanced...
easy games, scrappy games, relegation teams throwing a monkey wrench in your plans, and cpu going 'legendary'...it's all in there :)

and the cpu can go amateur sometimes too :lol:

------------------------------

Bundesliga fixture 7
at FC Nürnberg
:

FC Nürnberg 0
Leverkusen 3

(Kießling 33', Ramelow 60', Barnetta 94')

Bundesliga fixture 8
v FC Köln
:

Leverkusen 1
( Kießling 34')
FC Köln 0

00:23 lovely throughball by Ramelow
01:08 great point blank save!
03:30 incredible longball ( Kießling should've gone solo!)
04:03 nice trip/falling animation

Last edited:
To my mind a good way to ramp up the difficulty without involving super AI powers is to change everything to manual, I played a world cup as England and got knocked out in the group stage twice whilst playing on Professional with all on manual, previously I'd have no problems qualifying on World Class with short passing and shooting on semi. Obviously to those already playing on all manual you're shit out of luck ;)

Champions League
matchday 3
v RSC Anderlecht
:

Leverkusen 2
(Gekas 43', Kießling 67')
Anderlecht 0

video times:
00:14 goal - fouling by Gekas?
01:08 killer through ball over the defense!

Champions League
matchday 4
v Slavia Praha
:

Leverkusen 3
(Ramelow 13', Gekas 36', Barnetta 65')
Slavia Praha 0

video times:
00:12 nice low drive
00:44 sweet shot
01:31 another nice, cpu assisted, through lob :)

Back
Top Bottom