FIFA 08

I say you should go for PES5 - especially if you are getting it for PC as the Superpatch has been re-uploaded :)).
I'll give it a go - where can you get the Superpatch from, and what season is it?

WE6FE for the win :TU:.
That is my favourite Winning Eleven, purely because it was the first one I got and everyone who played it's mouth dropped to the floor. The most impressive WE I ever played.

The Superpatch download links are in this thread.

Then if you combine it with this option file and download the kits for that option file (you still need the superpatch kits), then get the edited kits map file (which I hope works, I edited it it :-pp) and then if you want you can edit the stadiums map file so they are assigned to the right teams (only for promoted teams). That makes it as recent as the start of the 07/08 season although Mikey88 said he would be updating the gdb and option file for the 08/09 season.

I take it you know how to patch PES games from when you used to play it? If you need any help with it then I should be able to give it :)).

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe a mod took this off topic too, shame on you Bauer!!

I'm thinking of buying an older PES off eBay - trance_allstar seems to think PES5 is the best PES ever made so I might try and get hold of that. I don't even care about going back to Merseyside Red and the Master League (sounds like a film), I just want to be able to play the CPU against mates without wanting to smash the pad up.

I do think PES5 is the best PES game (WE9:LE more specifically, but the differences aren't that big, and I'd play PES5 if WE9 wasn't available to me).

There is CPU cheating, but it isn't obnoxious like later games. Your team sometiems gets inexplicably weaker when playing away games or against the AC Milans/Real Madrids (like your players been up all night form anxiety and have gotten 2 hours of sleep before the game).

Also, While I like WE7 (PES3), it has poor ball physics when it comes to shot trajectories and general ball bahaviour, and it's alot more barebones and limited in the movements you can do. I especially always miss the R2 trapping, since your player then always needs to move in a certain direction when getting a pass, or he can't trap and turn.

It's not perfect, but I'm playing it every day since a couple of years, so the basic gameplay characteristics appeals to me.

Sorry for offtopic. :)

Last edited:
FIFA 08 is dead, FIFA 09 is the future, so it doesn't really matter. :)
I tell you what, I agree with that totally. FIFA08 really is dead to me now, too many cunts about I'm afraid. And after seeing these videos of FIFA09, I'm not sure I could even play FIFA08 again, let alone enjoy it!

What have you guys done when you get a dirty disk error all the time?

my nephews just started getting it

No this aint the 360 its because the disk has a big ring around it, i forgot to mention that part :DOH:

So ill rephrase it, what do you guys do when your disk no longer plays in the 360 due to it having a ring of scratches on it?

Has the way you get awarded points for winning online games changed?

I'm playing PS3 version, usually i was getting around 300-400 points added to my rank after each game, suddenly it's changed to around 40 points?

EDIT: It's not coz im losing either! I'm winning and still getting pitiful amounts.

Last edited:
I tell you what, I agree with that totally. FIFA08 really is dead to me now, too many cunts about I'm afraid. And after seeing these videos of FIFA09, I'm not sure I could even play FIFA08 again, let alone enjoy it!

we played 2 v 2 locally with mates for three hours last night, good times

For the ps3 owners outside the UK (and maybe inside aswell);

What languages did you have on the disc? In NL the fifa08 360 disc came with 3 languages; dutch, spanish and swedish. Was that the case on the ps3 version? Or did EA use the bluray disc and fill it with extra languages? Reason I ask is because its another deciding factor for which console version of 09 to choose.

How much you lot think i could trade FIFA 08 in for now? I heard Game were selling pre owned FIFA 08 for full price maybe 2 months back?

game was selling brand new fifa 08 for £25 only last week mate

i re-bought a copy from shopto.net for £17, bargain!!

also anyone fancy a game on ps3 fifa 08, then add me

Last edited:
No this aint the 360 its because the disk has a big ring around it, i forgot to mention that part :DOH:

So ill rephrase it, what do you guys do when your disk no longer plays in the 360 due to it having a ring of scratches on it?

Try cleaning it with toothpaste. I know it sounds ridiculous but it honestly can work. I fixed my FIFA disk in this way. Just squirt a load of toothpaste on it and rub it with a cloth. When I done this it looked like it had scratched my disc to bits but it worked fine.

Back
Top Bottom