10 v 10. How should it be done?

• Keep with one main squad

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Have a 1st team and reserve teams

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the Warhawk headset but its not comfortable, hopefully the Socom one will be nice.

The HOME ideas are great, I'm sure I read somewhere that EA were one of the partners for HOME when it launches along with Ubi, Nike and some other companies.

wouldn't it be easier to meet up in the Fifa lobby?

The whole point of HOME is that you meet each other in a main lobby which can launch into any game.

HOME becomes a 3D version of the lobby basically.

Yeah the idea behind game launching is it should be possible for you to meet up in home and auto launch the game and bypass any menus and launch right into the match.

I'm not sure if it will work that way - I mean I'd assume they want you to have to sit through those ads and ea logos as the game launches because they make it so a button press won't skip them.

Maybe it would launch to the title screen - you hit start and then it re kicks in automatically and starts to load the online match?

-

Throw in the 3D map planner (which for fifa i guess would be a football arena. pitch and 22 men) and that would be stunningly amazing to be able to move the 3D footballers around and discuss tactics like a real team. Talk about how they keep getting past us on the wings and plan out a new custom formation.

That is if everything they promised happened. At the moment the big promise is home will launch by the end of 2008 after that people will then start to aska bout game launching and the other extras. I know game launching is in the beta but its not set up to work with any games yet - im guessing games will have to be patched or created with the home launch option included.

Last edited:
How many people actually use the BAP camera and how many use the default cameras when using BAP?

I used to try to play with the BAP cam but it's just too damn hard. Playing with the default views you can plan attacks and move around much easier... as soon as you're using the BAP there no space anywhere and passing becomes near impossible unless they are in front of you.

I wonder how many other organised teams there will be to play against.

We have 34 names so far on DAGS list. I reckon that's enough for 2 distinct evo-web PS3 teams. We could have regular head-to-heads of proper football. Could be a good rivalry.

I use the BAP camera. It just feels more genuine when you are controlling one player.

TBH I think we should shuffle positions on BAP online, keeps things fresh and gives everyone a go. I'm not too bothered about being in any position as long as we play as a team.

If you're getting headsets, wired is the way forward, less crackling and interference.

i hope some of the matches will be as tense as last nights liverpool match the possibilities of real football are greatly improved seeing as there will be minimal a.i on the field i just hope the goal keepers are excellent as thats the only thing we have no control over.

How many people actually use the BAP camera and how many use the default cameras when using BAP?

I used to try to play with the BAP cam but it's just too damn hard. Playing with the default views you can plan attacks and move around much easier... as soon as you're using the BAP there no space anywhere and passing becomes near impossible unless they are in front of you.

BAP cam is useless unless you're a defender. You can't see anyone behind you and barely anyone to the side of you.

So true. When I signed up with my new PSN account last night, all the FIFA settings went back to default. I thought I got them all back to the way I like them and merrily went on-line for 5v5. Of course, I'd forgotten it was reset to BAP cam... it was utterly hopeless. I tried to persevere to avoid pausing the game, but it was no use. It's unplayable.

Shite - i dont have fifa 08 anymore to do this... that would have been great fun as well to get some 5 vs 5 games going now

can we get started with 5v5 now?

to get some chemistry and understanding?

good idea, don't know why I never thought of that :))

anyone else up for some games who still has 08?

can't undestand these people that trade in their games...I always keeep everything for historical purposes, even the baduns, like PES2008.

good idea, don't know why I never thought of that :))

anyone else up for some games who still has 08?

can't undestand these people that trade in their games...I always keeep everything for historical purposes, even the baduns, like PES2008.

I've never understood keeping a game you don't like and wont play when you can use that game in exchange for a game you do like and enjoy ;))

So in years to come, when PES has once again risen from the ashes, I can dig out PES2008 and remind myself of how low it had to go before they finally realised they had to move on to a new engine.

Also, I buy so few games anyway (generally 1 or 2 a year max), that money's not an issue.

Fuck me, I've only just seen this topic.

I'm game. I will play in any position, however I'm best at CB, LB, DM or RW :D

hey is this just going to be for fun or will ea make something like an online tournament or league where your team will be ranked or somthing like that because i like competition

hey is this just going to be for fun or will ea make something like an online tournament or league where your team will be ranked or somthing like that because i like competition

We're hoping that they announce a proper league but nothing confirmed yet.

I'll be honest and say I think it's probably a bit too late to announce new features now though :((

If we can only do 10 v 10 friendlys we could always create something here - we can play for fun until we swap players around and get 2 decent balanced teams. Gives everyone a chance to get used to the new things.

Then start up some stats win/loss/draw and play a real game each week where we all sign up for them and turn up on a set date/time and record the stats - it'll be fun to keep a track of the scorers and MOTM's as well. If we have too many then we could split into 2 equal groups and play each other that way. So 30 people turn up, instead of 10 vs 10 and 5 vs 5 we just split into 8 vs 8 and 7 vs 7. Unless the majority want 10 and the others dont mind 5 vs 5 or those 10 vs random 10

If one team ever starts to outclass the other we can always swap a few people around to even things up again so the games are fun every week and players don't stop turning up in fear of getting hammered again.

I could also capture the matches and upload them so anyone who didn't make the match or cant can watch it - it will mean playing in SD but I don't mind. The only bad point would be as its BAP the camera would be on me - i could set it so it tracks the ball but then ill have a nightmare trying to keep in position off camera. Hmmm.

Last edited:
If it is friendlies only, you want to run it all, Radiation?

I don't want to say yes and then find I don't have the time to.

I've got the little one who will be 1 in a few weeks and I co-run a roleplay game so I'm always recording footage and uploading videos for that. But as the GF works and I'm a stay at home dad :COAT: I do have a lot of spare time to run things.

I don't know about the strictness of it all as well - I mean telling someone 'sorry you turned up late so you can't play' or 'sorry you're shit in MF... we're replacing you'

To run it I guess we'd have to sort out the teams and work together to agree on the even sides. We could knock up a quick list of everyone here and see who has bagsied what places and then see who is flexible or partner people up in a week in week out swap between 2 places. It's probably a bit too early to officially put people into positions, probably best doing that after the demo or after the full release when everyone has played the game and we can judge if 'User_A' who only wants to be a FW and has yet to score should take that position from someone else who has scored a load of goals but is happy to play any position.

I think 10 v 10 will be so much fun even being in DF will be fun myself and without a good dedicated back 4 we'll just get ripped apart. I think I'd much rather be a defender and stop everything for 90 minutes and end 0-0 than a striker who has to score in the 88th minute penalty or we lose.

Fixtures each week - again we'd probably have to pick a day for official matches and stick to it the best we can.

Recording the footage isn't that bad, I'm happy to do that and as it's a PAL version I'd be ok with the sound. Even if I just cap the match and then put together a highlights video so it cuts out all of the crap of me running up and down the pitch with nothing going on. But it would mean if I can't make a game or I'm ill or I die or whatever .. does anyone else have a cap card?

We'll still have loads of 10 vs 10 random games where we just throw ourselves into any team and have loads of mixed up sides and just play for fun but one competitive stat tracked game a week might be fun. I guess we'd have to have a separate sign up here for that to see if anyone is interested in something as strict as that or if they just prefer the fun any time any where games.

-

I guess if we have more than 10 turn up or want to turn up we can just do the equal split thing (30 turn up, 8 vs 8 and 7 vs 7 or 10 vs 10 and 5 vs 5) on private games (so its just us playing us) and stat track both games that week. So no one misses out. It will be stat tracked but its still just some fun.

Last edited:
Fixtures on a set day sounds good, it'll be interesting to see who's on at the same times and what numbers we get there.

Also to see how many people are still playing after a month or so. I'm pretty sure I'll not get pissed off with 09 with the response being fixed :LOL:

I was thinking along the lines of...

Week 1

Fixtures

Team 1 vs Team 2 - 27th SEP 2008 - KO 15:00 (3pm)
Team 1b vs Team 2b - - 28th SEP 2008 - KO 14:00 (2pm)

Results

Team 1 4 - 2 Team 2

Goals

Team 1
Scorpio 30, 35
FreMM 77
proxi 87

Team 2
jonneymendoza 11 (pen)
YoungGun_UK 40

Yellow Cards
DagsJT 11th minute
pbchillin 16th minute

Red Cards
jonneymendoza 60th minute

How the hell do you get text to stay apart on here so I wouldn't have to press --- loads?

I wanted to have it so it went

Team 1 ----------- 4 - 2 --------- Team 2
Scorpio 30, 35 ---------------------- jonneymendoza 11 (pen)
FreMM 77 ---------------------------- YoungGun_UK 40
proxi 87

but without the ----------- 's

-

We could add the scores together so say the 2nd match ended 1-0 to team 1. The final result for that week would be team 1, 5 team 2, 2 so team 1 gets the stats, win/loss record updated goals added to their tally, red/yellow cards etc and maybe 3 points in a mini table?

Or is that making it too complicated?

I don't mind updating that info (we'd need someone from each game to keep track if we played more than 1) but does anyone give monkeys about it is what I mean. Would anyone like to be able to check the stats of the teams and see who scores the most, who fouls the most - videos of the goals etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom