• Keep with one main squad

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Have a 1st team and reserve teams

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's gone way over my head :LOL:

But yeah, it'd be nice to see who was top scorer, even assists etc too :))

If we have 20 people turn up we play 1, 10 vs 10 game (or less) and record the stats.

If more turn up we divvy up so we get 2 equal games of like 8 vs 8 (unless everyone decides they would prefer 1 10 vs 10 and a smaller 5 vs 5 or 2 vs 2 game)

If we do 2 games i was thinking should we add the combined scores together that week to make 1 score for that week. Or keep them separate and play it off as if we just had 2 games that week.

We'd also have to make sure everyone who wanted to be there said so in advance so we're not sat waiting for anyone and so we know roughly how many are coming.

Should i just grab the list from page one now and split people up into teams - so number 1 in the list joins team 1, 2 team 2, 3 team 1, 4 team 2 and for now they will be our opposing sides?

I'd say keep the scores seperate.

Do you want to wait for four more people? That way we can make four teams, we can have games amongst each other and we should always have at least 5 people ready to play on any team then?

Also, would it be a good idea to group American's together due to time difference issues?

Radiation, you could spli people on Team1 Europe, Team2 Europe, Team 1 America. And let's see how many people and positions do we have covered. I'm working (or pretending to) right now so I couldn't dedicate so much time... But it's exciting to set up things!

In the old pes we took a lot of time setting up things. It was the best part of it!

team-america.jpg

Just a suggestion lads but can "official" games be played in the evenings about 8.30 - 9pm?
A lot of us probably work all week and then play/watch real footy on the weekends. Also, there are going to be quite a few parents who have got to get their kids to bed who don't want to miss out.

Just a suggestion lads but can "official" games be played in the evenings about 8.30 - 9pm?
A lot of us probably work all week and then play/watch real footy on the weekends. Also, there are going to be quite a few parents who have got to get their kids to bed who don't want to miss out.

I agree. 9pm sounds a good time.

I've just gone through some names and the VAST majority of us are Europe. Should we whittle it down again and maybe put UK people together, then other Europe together?

It's not easy this is it lol

I have no experience with the fifa leagues on here - how well do they run and how regular are they played and do they kinda trail off towards mid season when someone noticed they're bottom of the league

It's not easy this is it lol

I have no experience with the fifa leagues on here - how well do they run and how regular are they played and do they kinda trail off towards mid season when someone noticed they're bottom of the league

Best person to get for advice on that is definately Chris Bauer. FIFA leagues did come up with problems, people did tend to leave when they were doing rubbish (I quit myself because I was sick of response combining with occasional lag and it killed me) but generally they run okay.

From what I can remember, people had to play X amount of games a week or face a penalty of some sort. Been AGES since I did a league but Chris is definately the man to see.

Incidently, reaction times are fine in 09, and I've sinced moved house and I'm with Virgin so no lag for me anymore ;))

Yeah, it might be useful to establish what are people's preferred times for playing. You might see a patterns emerging of best times for most people.

For me, Sunday evenings are best (7-11pm), sometimes on weekday evenings, generally not Wednesday or Thursday.

Personally not overly fussed about leagues. I find individual, one-off matches can be quite compelleing if you get like-minded people together, particularly if they're longer matches (eg. 6+ minutes per half) and with slightly more obscure teams than Barca v Man U all the time.

I will play in a league and still play if I lose every game but not overly bothered if a league takes place or not.
What I'm ideally looking for is just a big lobby full of a bunch of lads (like from this site) who can then have a bit of banter on the forums after they have played their matches. I don't mind playing random games aswell but it's good to build up some rivalries between people you "know" in the online world. Just adds a bit more fun to the game.

This didn't seem to happen with 08 (at least it didn't for me). I think I only ended up playing against one or two people from here.

Judging by the amount of signups for 10 v 10, I'm sure we can get more 1 v 1 games going aswell.

Hmmm well do you think instead of a league we just have a night or two for an official game?

Everyone puts their names down for the nights each week - we randomly draw everyone into teams - turn up on the night and then we can post back here what happened so scores, anyone who was a dirty shit and so on.. and just aim for the fun side of it rather than a 1 team versus another team every week?

I'm guessing there will be the usual leagues online again this year so maybe everyone will be looking for something a bit different after those?

-

I like the idea of 4 10 man squads and the idea of smaller regional squads. Bit hard to arrange at the moment until everyone chips in with what they think and would like.

Everyone puts their names down for the nights each week - we randomly draw everyone into teams - turn up on the night

I like the idea of 4 10 man squads and the idea of smaller regional squads. Bit hard to arrange at the moment until everyone chips in with what they think and would like.

I like the idea of something casual where we put our names down and just play. Frankly, this could happen every night of the week.

No reason why a league can't run as well. 4 teams of 10 sounds great but I can only wish you luck in trying to organise it.

In all likelihood, a team is never going to really have all ten players available at any given time.

But that might also be a bit better and increase the team spirit when people are trying to get their teammates to get online.

Reserves for both team play on the night before the 1st teams perhaps? A bit like internationals. If there was a team manager / player-manager, he could select who would be dropped and who could be put up into the first team.

It could even go old-school-fantasy-fiction-style and have players or just random members on here doing daft newspaper articles saying "jonneymendoza in talks with Team B" etc... Or even these people acting as agents :D Who could strike out secret deals with the other side, haha! Everyone could have their own value, and a team has a fictional budget, which is adjusted by goals scored, conceded, discipline etc.. Oh the possibilities. Snazzy names for each side, such as Evo Force and Evo Glory, subforums for each regarding transfer chat and injuries (I can't play due to the missus bumming me or whatnot), and also team photos digitally created by whoever has some spare time and Photoshop.

It would take consistent efforts by everyone though, but if it worked the whole forum could be revolutionized.

I wouldn't want a manager picking players, it'd result in favouratism.

The idea of changing teams sounded fun though. What didn't sound fun was your excuse of the missus bumming you ... I don't really want to know what Sarah gets up to in her spare time thanks ;))

I wouldn't want a manager picking players, it'd result in favouratism.
Ok, so as well as teams, reserve teams, managers, agents and journalists, why not have board members and passionate fan clubs too? :LOL: Get the bumchums SACKED.

It could be the soap opera of the future

:LOL:

You MIGHT be a bit too enthusiastic about all this ;))

Oh, where's Sarah's pic in the photo thread?

There are always people, no matter how much you ask them, that just won't or can't be bothered to play so the 4 x 10 seems to much hassle. What happens if it's always the same people not available in one team. It wouldn't be fair on the rest of the players then.

I'm into my footy games but a lot of people will jump ship once, for example, COD5 comes out. They will still play FIFA but not as often. We need to narrow down casual players and players that will be able to commit to playing on a more regular basis.

There are always people, no matter how much you ask them, that just won't or can't be bothered to play so the 4 x 10 seems to much hassle. What happens if it's always the same people not available in one team. It wouldn't be fair on the rest of the players then.

I'm into my footy games but a lot of people will jump ship once, for example, COD5 comes out. They will still play FIFA but not as often. We need to narrow down casual players and players that will be able to commit to playing on a more regular basis.

True, but how do you narrow those people down?

One of the teams would surely be called Evorton.

I remember a few years ago, chattin gwith a mate about the day when 10v10 makes it into a footy game. We got all carried away about how there would be real teams formed playing in competitions with prize money. If you were shit hot, you might even have other club sides paying small fees to sign you for their team. And there'd be national call ups where you could play in the World Cup for your nation. All organised by EA and sponsors providing prize money.

It all seemed a bit of a pipe dream but it might not be that far off the mark. In the forthcoming years, there will surely be more to 10v10 than people just organising their own private leagues.

Winston, I think that's what the whole point of these EA leagues is. That if you're playing well, other managers can get you onto their team instead.

We're really close to that scenario I reckon.

It'd be good if there was a 5 or 6-a-side feature on FIFA. Just 4 or 5 players outfield on a smaller pitch, and this being online. It'd make having my online fantasy so much better, I would create all the newspaper articles (for those who can remember my PES fantasy league many moons ago) and I would secretly cause false speculation via raunchy PM.

Coming down from my cloud, I think the idea about commentary would be great if when Radiation records and readies the match vid, it is passed onto the next Murray Walker or whoever to add a commentary, either someone who didn't take part in the game and has immense enthusiasm about football in general (any ideas?), or just someone who wants to do it to further their career, I mean this IS Evo-Web TV, there's tens of people watching.

True, but how do you narrow those people down?

That's the hard part. Just ask people I suppose. I'm sure everyone is honest enough to say how much time they play. Just split the list in first post between Casual and Regular.

I'll start...
Most evenings from 8.30 - 11.30 so I'm a Regular.
Into my footy games more than anything so can be pretty committed. Will play other games but can always make myself available for fixtures between these times (special occasion permitting).

I'm pretty much like SJP76, I'm around most night from 8.30pm but until very late. I play FIFA more than anything (until I sold '08), and can easily make myself available for fixtures after half 8 at night and possibly even before that. I'm a Regular.

Is anyone who can make a mini league for the PS3, just like the one who is now running for Xbox. A short mini league who will ends when the 09 demo gets released. i think that will kill the time until the demo gets released. ;)

;D

I'm available to play any night. I'd say 8pm onwards is a good bet during the week. At weekends just name a time and I'll be there. I'd still be playing fifa 08 now if i hadn't sold it while i could get a good return ready for Euro 2008 - That was a mistake :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom