FIFA 09 Xbox 360 Evo-Web Premier League - DRAW, DISCUSSION AND RESULTS

Re: FIFA 09 Xbox 360 Evo-Web League - DRAW, DISCUSSION AND RESULTS

LEAGUE UPDATE

http://evowebprem.leaguerepublic.com/

It looks like it did register them after all :DD YEE HAA!!!!

Please check your results - there was alot of double posting of results and that makes it uber confusing.

So in future, please check if the person you played has already posted the result before you post.

So if you can avoid posting a list of all the games and results you have played up until that point - that would be helpful

Remember you can check all your results by clicking your team name on the league republic site

Is anyone online that i aint played?

Joe - I've already played Bolton (you invited me earlier)

Tim - Girlfriends nephew is round playing on FIFA thats why I didnt accept your invite, maybe later?

Joe - I've already played Bolton (you invited me earlier)

Tim - Girlfriends nephew is round playing on FIFA thats why I didnt accept your invite, maybe later?

oh sorry didnt know it was only 1 game

Right, after consultation with Bobby, the guy who started the Championship thread and some of the other guys wanting to play, we'll be opening a Championship league shortly with all of the reserves and the guys on the ROW list getting the game tomorrow.

Stay tuned for more details, I'll get it up and running shortly.

BTW Joe:
oh sorry didnt know it was only 1 game
Yeah, we voted on it - I thought it would be better that way but the league site Bobby runs will still say two games, so two in-game seasons equals one "actual" season. This way you can't accidentally play someone three times and you can't play someone twice in quick succession, which is what most people do rather than spreading the games out.

Blackburn2-3Boro.jpg

Kamy 2-3 Tim7

Cracking game, lots of chances! Well played mate.

Boro1-0Bolton.jpg

Tim7 1-0 Joe

Very tight game, Joe could have easily sneaked an equaliser too. Good game mate.

Blackburn 2-3 Middlesborough
Well Done mate, crazy game, especially second half, after I equalised thought that I could win the match, fair play though you played well after that.

Blackburn 3-1 Hull
Really good game that Hull dominated in the first half and deservedly went in at half time 1-0 up. Half time I made some tactical changes and bought on Jason Roberts and it worked a treat. Good game though and really like the way you played the game.

Last edited:
]Blackburn 3-2 Middlesborough
Well Done mate, crazy game, especially second half, after I equalised thought that I could win the match, fair play though you played well after that.

Blackburn 3-1 Hull
Really good game that Hull dominated in the first half and deservedly went in at half time 1-0 up. Half time I made some tactical changes and bought on Jason Roberts and it worked a treat. Good game though and really like the way you played the game.

I take it you meant Boro won 3-2 - Like Tim said above ;))

I am 4th with -13 goal difference haha :PP That said, everyone does have at least 4 games in hand on me.

For some reason I thought seven games per week would mean the entire season (playing each team twice) would last a month - what the hell made me think that? If we play seven games per week it will take a month and a half.

Do people think playing eight games per week is too much? That would take a month and one week to complete a season. It sounds a lot but if you play four games one night and four games the next it's not that much really.

I don't like having a requirement by the way, but it's neccessary for the guys who are lagging behind. We could just say "you've got until 21st October to finish your half-season" (just an example), that way you can do however many games a week as you want just as long as you've finished your half-season by that date; but then if a reserve comes in he's got to play 19 games within a day or two.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

(JayD) Arsenal 2-1 Hull

My first game against one of the 'big four', I thought I was going to get battered. Managed to sneak the lead after 2 defenders got in the way of each other. I haven't got much aerial prowess and conceded 2 good headers (think I'll be in trouble when I play Coopz!).

(TT2006) Chelsea 1-4 Hull

I scored 2 goals due to the GK curse, and after failing with attempts to pick up the screamer achievement, decided to stick to my usual game and ignore the keeper coming out.
He scored a great goal with Drogba. He was 1 on 1 with my defender and I expected him to press Y (;)), but he lashed it in from 20 yards.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

For me, I'm happy to get as many games played in a week as required. Though if a reserve comes in it might be a bit difficult to get all their games done in a day or so, so maybe offer them a few extra days / week to get up to speed.
Obviously if it's like previous seasons where a reserve comes in and only plays 1 or 2 games in that time then it that place should then be given to a 'known' reserve...

(Joe) Bolton 1 - 1 Aston Villa (Coopz)

End to end stuff, TBH I felt I done enough to win if it wasnt for that bloody woodwork which I hit like 4 times!

Good game Mr Cooper

(Joe) Bolton 1 - 1 Aston Villa (Coopz)

End to end stuff, TBH I felt I done enough to win if it wasnt for that bloody woodwork which I hit like 4 times!

Good game Mr Cooper

Yeah good game Bolton are fuckers in the air, i played well the first half but second half once again i didn't turn up

Villa 5 Chelsea 0

ManCity0-0Boro.jpg

cb7 0-0 Tim7

Man City parked their coach in front of the goal and were happy with a point from the get go it seemed like. I had a couple of decent chances, but couldn't finish them off :((. Good game.

Man City 0 - 0 Boro

No doubt I went for a more defensive approach but i didn't park the coach like you say, i just don't like running randomly like an idiot for 90 minutes :D I had a couple of nice chances to score too ;) Really good tactical game.

Right there seems like there is a bug or something.

84th minute with tim 1-1 - then lost connection.

It happened exactly the same time as with Amarcord - when I made 3 subs near the end of the match - then loses connection?!!!!!

EDIT: Boro 1-1 Wigan

I kept Tim away from my goal for most of the match and I had some good chances - then one slip of concentration and he equalised in like the 80th minute!!

My goal was nice - chip ball into the path of heskey who half volleyed into the goal.

We played another 10minutes and quit in another game - it finsihed 1-1 though :DD

I will play amarcord / cb7again later (Man City)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom