how early can YOU get PES 2008?

now that more and more people are getting their hands on it, the next thing i'm looking out for is an option file...

yeah, i thought that, but he's a big bloke! :lol:
How much you pay?
Have you tried on-line yet mate? really laggy although it does state could be probs before 12:00 thursday.
If so i can't seem to find the friend option like pes6.

PS3 tag - ITFCdan add me (somehow)

Right, just went to WHSmiths in my lunch break, to try my luck.

Got to the entertainment counter, some chubby mutter with a Croydon face lift and big gold earrings behind the desk and an officious looking, middle aged dude next to her unpacking boxes. I figure I've got more chance with the fatty than the man, hence:

ME (playing dumb): Excuse me, I'm looking for a computer game for the Playstation 3 called Pro Evolution socc...

FATTY (interrupting): It's NOT out.

DUDE (with evil scowl, like I've just asked for a copy of 'Paedo World'): It's not coming out until Friday, ok? Thanks very much! [points to the door]

:( :roll:

That told me! The best bit though, when I turned around with my tail firmly between my legs I saw there was at least 5 other lads skulking around looking pissed off after witnessing my failure!

One was a builder, a couple were in suits, a couple casually dressed, one was Asian, two were black, some white. The hunt for Pro Evo unites all races and classes! I swear we should write a book about this sh*t one day :D

Every year there's this FARCE with Pro Evo being released, people getting their hands on it at different times and dates all over the country.

FIFA is ALWAYS out first and the shops ALWAYS have the game sitting in their storerooms for days before they actually start selling it.

What the hell is that all about? Why not just stick it out on the shelves as soon as they receive the stock from the suppliers?

FFS Konami why all the carry on? Get your act together.

Right, just went to WHSmiths in my lunch break, to try my luck.

Got to the entertainment counter, some chubby mutter with a Croydon face lift and big gold earrings behind the desk and an officious looking, middle aged dude next to her unpacking boxes. I figure I've got more chance with the fatty than the man, hence:

ME (playing dumb): Excuse me, I'm looking for a computer game for the Playstation 3 called Pro Evolution socc...

FATTY (interrupting): It's NOT out.

DUDE (with evil scowl, like I've just asked for a copy of 'Paedo World'): It's not coming out until Friday, ok? Thanks very much! [points to the door]

:( :roll:

That told me! The best bit though, when I turned around with my tail firmly between my legs I saw there was at least 5 other lads skulking around looking pissed off after witnessing my failure!

One was a builder, a couple were in suits, a couple casually dressed, one was Asian, two were black, some white. The hunt for Pro Evo unites all races and classes! I swear we should write a book about this sh*t one day :D

Haha, awesome story there :applause:

If I remember rightly, you can ask in any GAME store to check another store to see if they are selling it. So if my local GAME in Glasgow phone the Grainger branch and they confirm it's on the shelves, the store in Glasgow will stick it out for sale as well.

I'm at work at the moment though, anyone at home fancy going to their local GAME to try this out? :)

G-Force Glasgow. Got it for 55 quid (well game was 45 but bought the guide too) Happy chappie. Got for PS3 BTW.

Just been in to Brighton again, no where has this on sale, asked in whsmith, tried the its not on the shelf trick, tried game gamestation, woolies pcworld currys argos hmv and virgin, most places have this on the shelves with coming soom on it, no where selling early, went into game and said other stores were selling it but they were having none of it!!how do people get it so early, its pathetic!I want this game

Every year there's this FARCE with Pro Evo being released, people getting their hands on it at different times and dates all over the country.

FIFA is ALWAYS out first and the shops ALWAYS have the game sitting in their storerooms for days before they actually start selling it.

What the hell is that all about? Why not just stick it out on the shelves as soon as they receive the stock from the suppliers?

FFS Konami why all the carry on? Get your act together.

Probably because they will get sued for breaching release dates? Unfair advantage? Who knows. I'm actually not that excited anymore about PES it looks like a poor effort from Konami. I'll still buy it though, fingers crossed it's better than some reports reckon on this forum.

Last edited:
thats a long wank, suppose at least i can trade in the old one and get at least a tenner off the new one

grainger games . sunderland has the ps3 version on shelfs.
it gets the xbox 360 version tomorrow and will sell it tomorrow.
i dont know about the ps2 version,sorry.

dont phone them as they might think you are someone that you are not.
go to the shop!
i am getting mine tomorrow! xbox 360

Back
Top Bottom