how early can YOU get PES 2008?

Right, just went to WHSmiths in my lunch break, to try my luck.

Got to the entertainment counter, some chubby mutter with a Croydon face lift and big gold earrings behind the desk and an officious looking, middle aged dude next to her unpacking boxes. I figure I've got more chance with the fatty than the man, hence:

ME (playing dumb): Excuse me, I'm looking for a computer game for the Playstation 3 called Pro Evolution socc...

FATTY (interrupting): It's NOT out.

DUDE (with evil scowl, like I've just asked for a copy of 'Paedo World'): It's not coming out until Friday, ok? Thanks very much! [points to the door]

:( :roll:

That told me! The best bit though, when I turned around with my tail firmly between my legs I saw there was at least 5 other lads skulking around looking pissed off after witnessing my failure!

One was a builder, a couple were in suits, a couple casually dressed, one was Asian, two were black, some white. The hunt for Pro Evo unites all races and classes! I swear we should write a book about this sh*t one day :D

:lmao: This was me in Grainger Games, Newcastle last night. Someone got told they wouldn't sell it until another shop did.

Anyway mine got posted on Tue from Shopto.net so it will hopefully turn up Thursday(unless I'm really lucky and it's waiting for me when I get home).

I just got my PS3 copy from Game, I'm an ex pat living in Calais France, the game store here is selling all versions since this morning (release date here was the 25th) the downside though is that I'm stuck at work admiring the box until 8.30 pm but I've booked a day off fro tomorrow !!

I just got my PS3 copy from Game, I'm an ex pat living in Calais France, the game store here is selling all versions since this morning (release date here was the 25th) the downside though is that I'm stuck at work admiring the box until 8.30 pm but I've booked a day off fro tomorrow !!
aint that a bitch! i've done that.....and you find yourself actually reading the manual too! :)

I'm gutted i'm not gonna get mine till friday and i'm workin all over the weekend :( but i'm off Monday - Thursday next week which will be world class for me, and hopefully by then there'll be a option file knockin about

Only three hours to go now.......

Only 2 hours it's 6.30pm here we're 1 hour ahead "he sighs and looks at the clock again" I can't believe it I'm a 32 year old man dribbling over the box of a video game "wipes mouth again with kleenex" I'm a bit worried about the lack of stadia though, I really want to play as england at wembly (and beat the frogs of course !!) !!

My friend at currys just phoned me and said that DHL just delivered the game, he brought it for me. Have to waite till 11:00 though to get it off him because he is going somewere after work.

up in glasgow gamestation,gforce and game were selling the proevo today, however game were looking for £50 for the 360 and ps3 versions.

anyone got theres from Play.com yet?

Mine is from Play too- says it's been posted today but it says to allow for 3-5 days for it to arrive- surely not!! Reckon they are just covering themselves- hoping for it tomorrow, despite all the supposed slowdown on the PS3 version!

Got it 1 hour ago, I like its wiked.

But why the fuck can't you edit boots like in previous version, very disapointed. And i can't put facial hair on Ledley Kings face because his face is default. If i want facial hair i have to make his face from scratch. WTF man but anyway i'll leave the editing to you guys.

Is there anyone here who ordered PES2008 (PS3) from ShopTo.net got their copy yet?

They sent me two emails on Tuesday saying my game was dispatched and it will be delivered to me the next day (which is today).

I didn't get the game today!

Has this happened to anyone else?

tried blagging it at blockbuster this afternoon, they had the 19th october as a release date wrote on a poster, the bloke looked in the cabinet and...damn they havnt had them delivered there yet, sooo close! never mind, ring up all the shops round bristol 2moz

Got my copy from G-Force in Glasgow yesterday! :)

Makes a mockery of all the other stores refusing to sell it to you when they have the game sitting there in their store rooms.

just got the game for ps3. But I have wait 1 month to try it with my new TV, 42'' Pioneer "KURO" plasma..

I don't mind the slowdown on replays.. I just hope that gameplay is far better than in fifa08

bloody hell why are noriwch folk such inbred b*stards?!!?!?!?! just rang thru most shops we have here and they all say tomorrow and they cant sell it today!

everyone has it except norwich, now we have the worst football team in the country with no manager and the worst shops

Ordered it from play.com -- it was posted yesterday morning.. still waiting... i really hope it arrives tomorrow or i'll be gutted....

Back
Top Bottom