Metal Gear Solid 4

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) on 12th June 2008

ive just had my first boss battle and it was awesome - reminded me VERY much of one in MGS

Well I'm really quite far into it now. I won't ruin it by saying what happens but fucking hell it's epic.

The bosses I've faced thus far are great (as ever), and the females in this game (aside from little Sunny) are nothing short of virtual Page 3 models.

Hopefully I'll be heading for the greatest location in any Metal Gear game next.

Can't wait to see whats in store.

I'll be on MGO after 9pm. Didn't set up my account or anything from the demo though, so I assume I'll have to go through all of that.

and youll have to download a patch which takes ages

Xavier was present at the Metal Gear Solid 4 Launch event at Hollywood. Check out these exclusive videos

Metal Gear Solid 4 launch GamingAccess exclusive videos from West Hollywood

I only wanted to play for a bit last night and it turned out to be four and a half hours. Then PS3 told me it was 2am and i should sleep.

Is it still a good game if you haven't really played the previous games?

Is it still a good game if you haven't really played the previous games?

Absolutely!

The story references old characters, but explains everything enough to make the story perfect for a stand alone game.

You cannot miss this, one of the the best games ever made. I know that gets banded around - and whilst GTA4 was very good, it didnt really offer much different aside the AI and obvious HD upgrade.

But MGS4 offers so much more than I imagined.

So pleased now that Konami were really strict on the reviews as its made the whole experience very fresh so far!

Get it Dags!

I'll get it at the end of the month then :)

I like the segment where snake and otacon are talking after he ... erm... anyone who has finished Act 1 will know what i mean. I smiled when i saw something in the cutscene there.

Meryl is the spit of someone but i cant place it - someone famous.

Graphically this game is stunning - the skin on the models at times is shockingly good - a few times in the cut scenes ive seen a close up of snake and thought 'holy shit!'

The enemy we see through act one as well and at the start of 2... freaky!
-

I LOVE THE WAY YOU GET NEW GUNS!!!!!

I can tell already this game will get better and bgetter with more play throughs.

Everyone seen whats in the 'extra' menu on the main menu? That's cool!

Quick point though

What the fuck is that intro all about?

which intro? intro of the game? well its obvious. its about snakes suit

Probably people will have completed it within the next two weeks anyway.

Edit: One on there now, unopened for £33 :LOL:

Probably people will have completed it within the next two weeks anyway.

Edit: One on there now, unopened for £33 :LOL:

Thats not bad - but ShopTo is about that - and I'm sure someone got if for less than £30 from Game with combos of Loyalty card, Quidco and online codes!

What's the longest cut-scene you guys have came across?

Is it? What with all the TV Channels?
yea the very first intro about the spoiler
Under water octapus intro? at first it diddnt make sence but after it did because its about his suit.

How is that last post then a spoiler? lol

-

And the intro with the woman on the game show and then the bad bond wanna be part with some half naked women with a rubber octopus is about snakes suit?

huh?

When is this game out on the XBox 360?
Never.

I'm not really feeling it so far, gotta say. Graphics are incredibly good, but compared to a game like CoD4 it feels very sluggish to control, like (to quote Hellenes, World's Biggest FIFA Hater™) "steering a boat". It is enjoyable, all of the seperate elements are great, it's just the actual gameplay, the character movement and gun fire, that is bugging me.

The one part thats bugging me with the controls is when you're lay on the floor and you want to crawl in a certain direction and Snake ends up moving backwards and forwards like a ... well like a boat.

Other than that ive not really found the controls to be that bad. I can't really think of any time where ive tried or wanted to do something and can't.

I really hope we can re start the game upon completeing and keep our unlocks and modded guns - id love to go back to the start now with a rocket launcher and kick some ass

Never.

I'm not really feeling it so far, gotta say. Graphics are incredibly good, but compared to a game like CoD4 it feels very sluggish to control, like (to quote Hellenes, World's Biggest FIFA Hater™) "steering a boat". It is enjoyable, all of the seperate elements are great, it's just the actual gameplay, the character movement and gun fire, that is bugging me.

Few tweaks to the options improves this JB (for me anyway!).

If in the settings, you change something like 'remember last combat camera' to YES and then when you have your weapon drawn (holding L1), press triangle to enter/swap between aim mode, or scope mode (like COD4s).

Then, if you release L1 on scope mode, it will remember it - so whenever you press L1 now, it will zoom instantly to scope mode, which is identical to COD4.

My biggest bugbear is not being able to switch L1/R1 for L2/R2 so it WOULD be just like COD4, but I'm getting used to it.

The one part thats bugging me with the controls is when you're lay on the floor and you want to crawl in a certain direction and Snake ends up moving backwards and forwards like a ... well like a boat.

Other than that ive not really found the controls to be that bad. I can't really think of any time where ive tried or wanted to do something and can't.

I really hope we can re start the game upon completeing and keep our unlocks and modded guns - id love to go back to the start now with a rocket launcher and kick some ass

Like the new option of rolling onto your back when on the floor, did a great running roll earlier, into a lie and then rolled onto my back a shot a baddie in the head with my UP90 (whatever its called!) - its was really fluid, so controls for me are great (aside the R1/R2 prob).

And yea, I am 99.9% sure that once you complete the game, you keep ALL unlocks/weapons/items etc, so you can keep playing and playing and finally collect everything...

Oh, and I'm loving the rocket-launcher (well, RPG) - found it on the floor and it always gets my out of a tight spot!

LOL!

I swear i saw a picture of the XBox 360 version of the game somewhere....i was thinking of getting a 360 with this game and GTA.

Damn!

mgs4xbox360oj1.png

Few tweaks to the options improves this JB (for me anyway!).

If in the settings, you change something like 'remember last combat camera' to YES and then when you have your weapon drawn (holding L1), press triangle to enter/swap between aim mode, or scope mode (like COD4s).

Then, if you release L1 on scope mode, it will remember it - so whenever you press L1 now, it will zoom instantly to scope mode, which is identical to COD4.

My biggest bugbear is not being able to switch L1/R1 for L2/R2 so it WOULD be just like COD4, but I'm getting used to it.

I do wish they'd left the control scheme itself as it was in previous games, they've added a bunch of stuff and made it more complicated, the first person view of MGS2 and 3 was integral to playing the game, and just holding a button down instead of the multi-button system in 4 is far better. BUt I don't mind, because it's still a good system.

Yeah they are all bigger franchises than Metal Gear Solid.. Gonna be interesting to see software sales worldwide in general. MGS2 sold between 6-7M and Snake Eater did about 3.5m

Just read this...

Apparently MGS4 sold 300,000 copies in Japan on day 1 - 130,000 standard editions and 170,000 limited editions

Apparantly thats quite good?

Just read this...

Apparantly thats quite good?

Yeah more than I predicted thats for sure. I thought 250,000 max. I think it should be able to reach about 700,000 for full total sales in Japan.

Next week we will see how many PS3 machines it has sold in Japan.

Yeah more than I predicted thats for sure. I thought 250,000 max. I think it should be able to reach about 700,000 for full total sales in Japan.

Next week we will see how many PS3 machines it has sold in Japan.

Yea, though the monthly figures just released show the PS3 has recovered from being behind and outsold the 360 last month - but still miles behind the Wii.

Just got it, do you have this edition for sale in the UK? Haven't seen it in online stores anywhere...

imagem187gl9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom