Metal Gear Solid 4

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) on 12th June 2008

They're video game characters :SS.

They're video game characters :SS.

Sad isnt it!

As game graphics get closer to film quality (and MGS are VERY close), then I think appreciating the female form is more acceptable - certainly more than the pre-pubescent teenagers wanking over a pixelated Lara Croft :(

blog.jpg

I'm with jay on this one.

I managed to watch all the cutscenes and boss fights, and must say this looks like the best MGS 4 ever, and probably the best game ever for its genre. Followed by 3, then 1, then 2. The story is so epic, I believe this is also the last installment.

Wish it came out or comes out on 360 :cry:

Emailed Konami explaining im unable to stay logged in when playing MGO - and that after about 20 seconds ill either get a connection lost or ill be signed out of PSN. I have completed some matches but very rarely.

Their reply?

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for contacting the Konami customer support team.

We would recommend you to take out the DVD and clean it using a soft cloth as
it may be a bit of dust or other substance onto it which prevents the Blue Ray
from reading correctly the disc.

Are they taking the piss?

Just completed the game.
Now, I have been playing games for a long time now(30 soon) and been through the generation of video games and I have my favorites just like the rest of you. The first mario game as a 5 year old, TMNT on nintendo, the first Zelda, Resident Evil 1, Final Fantasy Vll and then Metal Gear Solid! These are the games that satt the standard for video games for me! These were some of the games that made other games that came after all the better. Today, we are spoiled. We get great games every year, so its even harder today to make a big.."Impact" on gamers that have been around for most of the video game industrys growth into everybodys homes.
I do of course have other favorites such as gears, mass effect, GOW, Balders Gate, Pes, Fifa, KOTOR and the other MGS and Final Fantasy games. So what do I think about MGS4? Now, this is my opinion with I base on what feelings the game gave me from begining to end. As with gameplay, graphics, story, voice acting, begining, ending and lenght. I think its ONE OF THE GREATEST GAMES EVER MADE!!!
The graphics are stunning, story like no other! Best lead character in modern video game, fantastic cut-scenes(though a bit long for most people-NOT for me, cause this is one of the many strong points of the game and they do it better than anybody else. If you want an all out action game you got plenty to choose from. MGS is different there and give you a movie/game experince like no other! You could skip the cut-scenes anyway)
Gameplay if perfect. Whatever you want to do, you can easely do them. With the option of rolling on the ground, change from laying on you back or front, first person view shooting, over the shoulder, running, crawling, gadgets, weapons to name a "few"- Its all there! Like the Drebin points system and I also love how they really make you feel how old and sick Snake is. How you need to take care of your psych etc and how it effect your game.
Boss battles are one of the best parts of the game, and one of the best I have ever had in a game. Many other games have this as well,and just as great but when you add all the other stuff from MGS, it just makes all the better! And the last fight- OMG:DANCE: Loved it!

I have not tried MGO yet as I am waiting for the MGS bluetooth headset sometime this week so I am looking forward to having a go at it.
So if you ever liked the previous MGS games you must have this game, if you didn`t like the MGS series then its not your type of game I guess..
So its hard to think that this is the last MGS game, at least with Hideo leading the front. I do hope and pray we will get more MGS in the future and that it wont be something way different and stupid..
Anyway, I give MGS4 10/10!! NO Doubt!

Last edited:

Bloody hell mate, I think you need some line breaks ;))

Just completed the game.
Now, I have been playing games for a long time now(30 soon) and been through the generation of video games and I have my favorites just like the rest of you. The first mario game as a 5 year old, TMNT on nintendo, the first Zelda, Resident Evil 1, Final Fantasy Vll and then Metal Gear Solid! These are the games that satt the standard for video games for me! These were some of the games that made other games that came after all the better. Today, we are spoiled. We get great games every year, so its even harder today to make a big.."Impact" on gamers that have been around for most of the video game industrys growth into everybodys homes.
I do of course have other favorites such as gears, mass effect, GOW, Balders Gate, Pes, Fifa, KOTOR and the other MGS and Final Fantasy games. So what do I think about MGS4? Now, this is my opinion with I base on what feelings the game gave me from begining to end. As with gameplay, graphics, story, voice acting, begining, ending and lenght. I think its ONE OF THE GREATEST GAMES EVER MADE!!! The graphics are stunning, story like no other! Best lead character in modern video game, fantastic cut-scenes(though a bit long for most people-NOT for me, cause this is one of the many strong points of the game and they do it better than anybody else. If you want an all out action game you got plenty to choose from. MGS is different there and give you a movie/game experince like no other! You could skip the cut-scenes anyway)Gameplay if perfect. Whatever you want to do, you can easely do them. With the option of rolling on the ground, change from laying on you back or front, first person view shooting, over the shoulder, running, crawling, gadgets, weapons to name a "few"- Its all there! Like the Drebin points system and I also love how they really make you feel how old and sick Snake is. How you need to take care of your psych etc and how it effect your game.
Boss battles are one of the best parts of the game, and one of the best I have ever had in a game. Many other games have this as well,and just as great but when you add all the other stuff from MGS, it just makes all the better! And the last fight- OMG:DANCE: Loved it!
I have not tried MGO yet as I am waiting for the MGS bluetooth headset sometime this week so I am looking forward to having a go at it.
So if you ever liked the previous MGS games you must have this game, if you didn`t like the MGS series then its not your type of game I guess..
So its hard to think that this is the last MGS game, at least with Hideo leading the front. I do hope and pray we will get more MGS in the future and that it wont be something way different and stupid..
Anyway, I give MGS 4 10/10!! NO Doubt!

I completely agree with you, but not on MGS4 since I havent played it. MGS 2 and 3 actually affected me more than a normal game. The only games I can think of right now to have actually affected me are KOTOR 1&2 and the MGS series.

I completely agree with you, but not on MGS4 since I havent played it. MGS 2 and 3 actually affected me more than a normal game. The only games I can think of right now to have actually affected me are KOTOR 1&2 and the MGS series.

MGS 1 was really good and changed video games for me. MGS 2 Started well but messed up with the character swap and messy story telling, still a fun game though. MGS 3 is a fantastic game and one of my favorites on the PS2. MGS 4, Yeah allready gave my view on that one :)) You really need to get a PS3 as fast as possible mate, its that good + you get Blu.Ray..and thats about it :pirat:

Ps: I wish I could get all the face skin/paint/camo whatever. Would really like Big Boss and Otacon face when I`m going at it for the second time:)

I found this via ign.com. Its supose to give us all the stuff we need..Any idea how to make this happen?

http://files.filefront.com/MGS4+Extreme+Savezip/;10671142;/fileinfo.html

Last edited:

I think a ps3 is out of the question for me, can't afford one. I've got a 360 and would only want to play MGS4!

Well I can't see it ever coming out on 360 mate, you'll have to borrow from a friend or something.

Or just possibly save up and get it, because it is so so so so worth it.

I've already said it's the best game I've ever played, definitely THE best of this generation so far, and possibly the greatest of all time. Play it before and weigh up the WHOLE package, and you'll see what I mean. Everything is perfect.

Well I can't see it ever coming out on 360 mate, you'll have to borrow from a friend or something.

Or just possibly save up and get it, because it is so so so so worth it.

I've already said it's the best game I've ever played, definitely THE best of this generation so far, and possibly the greatest of all time. Play it before and weigh up the WHOLE package, and you'll see what I mean. Everything is perfect.
In your opinion. :-pp

I must be missing something because so many people are in love with it - I'm being serious, I realise a lot of people like it, so I realise it must be me. But personally, it wouldn't even be in my top ten. One for the die-hards I think.

At a certain point in the game you'll be asked to put in a code - i cant say more than that - put 14893 in and watch what happens (this wont cock your game up)

is it a ps3 save?

if so a usb pen will work if you have one

Just played an hour and a half, in which time I had a boss fight and the tedious 'jungle track'... died loads and I'm dead tired, so I just quit the game.

Then I panicked, realising I hadnt manually saved - but thought the game auto-saved? Checked anyway and it hadnt :( Means I've got to play through all that again.

Thats me done with MGS4 for a while now - I HATE repeating things - same songs on iPod, songs on RB/GH etc... oh arse!!

is it a ps3 save?

if so a usb pen will work if you have one

Its a PS3 save jes. Dont have usb pen, thought I could burn it on a dvd but if that is not possible I guess I could always get a usb pen. Thanks for answering.

mgs_4_database_001.jpg

For those of you who simply can't get enough of everything MGS, there's surprise for everyone tomorrow on PSN -- an official Metal Gear Solid 4 Database. The Database is a "free, downloadable interactive application that contains the official knowledge base of everything that is Metal Gear, reaching all the way back to the very beginning of the franchise." In other words, all the MGS lore you could ever want in one free official package.

In consideration of those of us who haven't finished MGS4 yet, there is a feature that eliminates any and all MGS4 information for a spoiler-free experience. They also added a camouflage and a new music for the in-game iPod under EXTRAS of the main menu for immediate download. It looks like Konami has a lot of MGS4 DLC up their sleeves, we can't wait!

:DD

Wow, that's a cracking download!

MGS4 Review.

I have just completed this game and wow i am impressed. Not only is it the best game so far this year but its without a doubt the best game i have ever played.

Nothing beats it in terms of sound, presentation, gameplay and story. I really enjoyed this game from start to finish and managed to complete this game in record time by my books. It’s not a short game has it took me nearly 30hours of game time to complete it. Its just that i enjoyed it so much that for the past 2 weeks i been playing this game solidly more then I have in any other game.

To truly appreciate this game you really need to play the other 3 games or at least read the story behind them and you will without a doubt enjoy this game. Is this game worth buying a ps3? The answer is a definite yes. You will be amazed by the quality and hard work that has been put in this game and if you have a ps3 and don’t already have this game, well your missing out on a masterpiece.

Loads of people trying to sell this on AVForums, £32 seems to be the common price so I'm confident of getting it for £25 come the end of the month :DD

I bought this game the other day and i finished it yesterday - overall im pretty impressed, the storyline is great, and so are the cutscenes, but after being on this game for hours. I cant seem to remeber too much about playing it anywhere?

Dont get me wrong, its a great game, but i found it a little easy (i played it on normal) and im not good at games like this. afterwords, i felt that my input into finishing the game was minimal.

I suppose the fact that i cant remeber too much about the game might help me to replay it again, something i usually never do.

Its sneek, shoot, run, cutscene for 3 mins, run, shoot hide, cut scene 3 mins, repeat.

The cinematic experience is unlike anything ive played in a videogame, but the actual playing the game has been dulled down a lot.

It is a game for the die hards i think, there is no way someone new to the franchise could keep up with the story. At the end even i was like, 'so who's who?' :S

Last edited:

I totally agree fatlip180, and I agree, I think the game has pushed the boundaries graphically and whole atmosphere of the game was simply epic. A truly next-gen experience. All in all a great game, but I too would have liked to have played a little more, it seemed like an interactive movie in parts.

Hopefully someone will enlighten us on the actual story, I got lost on a number of occasions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom