Metal Gear Solid 4

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)

Doubt it. The reception of Raiden was never good. I surelly didn't like it very much. He is so far from Solid and Big Boss.

:lmao:

Just got introduced to the Rat group, a guy sits up with an exclamatiion mark as a haircut and you hear the sound to say you've been spotted! :LOL: Brilliant!

Loads of little moments in this making me smile :))

So far it's a very good game, best game ever though? Not yet, I can't see much else changing in the gameplay dramatically. Very good, but not best game ever.

:lmao:

Just got introduced to the Rat group, a guy sits up with an exclamatiion mark as a haircut and you hear the sound to say you've been spotted! :LOL: Brilliant!

Loads of little moments in this making me smile :))

So far it's a very good game, best game ever though? Not yet, I can't see much else changing in the gameplay dramatically. Very good, but not best game ever.

Is there something wrong with the gameplay? Finish the game and see what you think then, you have only scrached the surface on the game, good luck and I hope you get your money worth.

Is there something wrong with the gameplay? Finish the game and see what you think then, you have only scrached the surface on the game, good luck and I hope you get your money worth.

Into Act 2 and it just seems a bit repetetive. Like I said, very good game but I won't say it's anywhere near one of the best games ever.

Some of these cut-scenes are boring the crap out of me :((

Because I haven't really played the previous games, I'm at a stage now where a load of back-story is given and it's just getting too much. Cut-scenes are lasting ages and I'm just not interested anymore.

The cut-scenes were fine at the start, now they're just monotonous and I just switch off when they start playing :ZZZ:

WOW!

After my rant about cut-scenes in the last post, I've just watched the end of Act 3 :SHOCK:

That could easily have been a cut from a blockbuster movie, bloody superb!!

Despite that though are your thoughts on the game still 'meh' ?

Well they weren't "meh" really, it was a good game before and it's still a good game I think.

Some of the story is just too confusing for me and my small mind, far too much talking about nano's and all this other stuff which I'm just not following.

8/10 so far, can't see it going higher of lower either.

Edit:
Superb! Just got to Shadow Moses Island and it's gone into some emulator mode and now looks like an old MGS game! Quality touch!

The flashbacks, the music, the general way they've captured the old MGS games by playing clips of when Snake first came here ... top notch. Really is incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:

I would say 7/10, it's a good game but it feels exactly like it felt on the PSone for me; good back then but I find the controls really awkward and unresponsive, if I play CoD4 afterwards it's like jumping ten years into the future of gaming.

cod4 is a wrong comparison to compare teh controls of a THIRD person game againts a First person game :?

compare mgs4 with umm gears of war or anotehr 3rd person game.

I can't compare MGS4 to MGS1 control wise - even snake eater is painful to play now after playing mgs4. Anyone who has finished the game will also know what i mean about this games controls.

I've just started on MGS1 again, literally five minutes ago, comparing the two is like comparing apples and....something completely different.

oldsnake.jpg

top 3 of best games ever, easily.

finally finished today and i loved it.

btw how long is the epilogue? i started watching it hours ago, literally! it's 5:30 now here, come on....time just passes so fast playing this game

Last edited:

It does take forever, but it's so engrossing.

I just can't think of another game thats so complete in storyline, gameplay, and overall satisfaction of playing it. Some games might be more fun, some games might have better controls, but no other game has everything so perfectly balanced IMO.

I wouldn't say overall satisfaction. There's been a few times when I've been playing and got bored, wanting the level to finish.

Good example being the level where you dress as a civilian and follow people walking through streets. Bored the crap out of me.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Extended Ending Coming in December?

Shortly after the release of Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) on 12th June 2008 a rumour surfaced saying that a new extended ending would be released exactly six months after the games release, no details were mentioned about what this extended ending would contain, but at the end of MGS4 Old Snake says that he has six months left to live.

So six months of Snake’s life from 12th June 2008 would bring it to 12th December 2008 which is exactly when this extended ending is rumoured to be released, expect this to be released as an update patch that you will have to download via the PlayStation Network or it could even be a code that unlocks the extended ending as the video could already be on the MGS4 Blu-Ray disc.

But until this information is confirmed by Konami or Kojima Productions it will remain as a rumour and unconfirmed, even though this would make a good new feature to the game.

Other new features that people would like to see (including me) are:

* New Co-op Game(s) (Maybe a Seperate Storyline/Gameplay featuring 2-8 players)
* Trophy Support
* Boss Suvival Mode
* Demo Theater
* New Weapons
* New Items
* VR Missions
* Raiden Game (Maybe a Storyline/Gameplay to take place between MGS2 and MGS4 - 5 year gap)
* Snake Game (Maybe a Storyline/Gameplay to take place between MGS2 and MGS4 - 5 year gap)

I'm no where near finishing this game but I'm determined to do so, it will have to wait till next year though.

Might get this, its going for 40e / 27pound now.

There's too many good games atm, want to get Fallout aswell, might get GoW2 and Im barely managing more then 2hours a week on the console.

I think there is a demo on the Japanese store today.

Being a great fan of the series, I thought I had to type this:

I bought MGS4 on launch. I played it feverishly the first week. Not playing too much on a single session to make it last. Finished it after 2 weeks. My first impressions were very good, but the after the first hours, the game fell flat to me. I think the 10 reatings it had were simply because of its name and past, because I would put an 8 to this game (at much). Take into consideration that all previous installments are, to me, amongst the best action/adventure games of all times.

Some days ago I began to see those "Best of the year" critics here and there, and to my surprise MGS4 is having lots and lots of praise. I got back to it and tried to play it again, and really found it worse.

Now, to make it quick, here are my opinions about this game, that should have been an epic closure and to me is just a good game, but far from the things people are saying about it.

SCRIPT: The previous installments were great, and I think Kojima tried to tie all knots. Overall, the story makes sense and some ideas are interesting. But the characters are LAME, have no depth at all. All that plagued with pathetic jokes like Akiba shitting himself again and again (really, was that necessary at all????), uninteresting new characters (the bosses are meh, Dreblin and the monkey are just unworthy of being in this series) plagued with absurd plot twists (no one understands why naomi does what she does) and worst of all, plagued with TONS of worthless dialogues. I could reduce all the cinematics to 10% and I would miss nothing of the plot.

You can argue that all three previous games also had tons of unnecessary dialogues. But hey, they were put in the radio, and you could skip them quickly and had little to do with the main plot. In MGS4, everything seems to be gratuitous (is this correct?), it seems just a styilish rehash of things scaled to an absurd dimension, but it detrcts from the story, from the game itself. At least, if all this things were bright dialogues, bright ideas, it would be great, but tha major part consists in very very rude things put together. I find no creativity really in the plot. MGS3 was an impressive reinvention of the series, MGS4 feels to me like a job.

GAMEPLAY: Though technically impressive, the game design is really bad. Levels are uninspiring for the most part. As it is, you can play the game shooting like a mad and you won't need any tactic, strategy or creative thinking to get through. There are no great pieces you will remember (remember the all the ship episode in MGS2, full of things you can discover and try).

Now the boss battles, that were the worst thing. You don't need any creativity to fight, nor the charachters make any sense. So there's a big mechanical wolf in the snow and it simply runs to you and goes away when shot???? Really I don't get where's the joy in this. It feels like an average shooter. Where are the epic moments like the fight against The End, the battles where an eyepatch gave the lead to victory, or the way you had to beat psychomantis? The boss battles were amongst the most uninspiring moments in this year's gaming to me. I found myself playing the game simply to have it done, but there are no new ideas there, it's all very nice and very well programmed, but the overall design of the game is weak and havo no memorable moments, except the start and the ending.

I felt I had to put all this in words, I know it's a bit messy, but I think this game deserves some slapping and I can't understand everybody praising things that are obviously NOT in the game, such as good boss battles, interesting new characters, interesting dialogues and plot...

Naomi did what she did...
if you're talking about killing herself... She had 6 months to live, she joins the bad guys and with those injections keeps her cancer at bay and is the same thing that keeps Vamp alive despite being 'dead'. After he's killed and she starts her speech about loving him and so on she starts talking about atoning for sins and then kills herself.

Bumping this thread up has got me gagging to go back and play this one again now.

Back
Top Bottom