PES 2010 Masterleague

I continued my third season and am going really well at the moment. I have played seven league games at the moment winning 6 and losing 1. i also played barca in the champs group stage and won 3-2 in a tight match.

In my 3rd season, things are going well. I changed my formation from a strict 4-4-2 to a 4-1-1-3-1 it's a little crazy but it's more to how I want to play. I don't like running up the wing and crossing it, quite easy to win games that way. So now I've got some better players with a bit of ability I've changed it to a more football playing formation.

Had an amazing Champs League knock out stage game with Bordeaux, they beat me 1-0 away, I was still getting used to the new formation, they also have a lot of talent! With Gourcuff in midfield and a striker named Mayukins who is unstoppable. 2nd leg at home comes around, I'm a little worried as I know I can't let them get an away goal otherwise I'd need 3 goals.

I managed to take the lead early on via Gabby, all level now I thought I'd go on and take them. Unfortunately right from kick off Mayukins runs through my whole team and scores, then 5 mins later he does the same again :( 2-1 down I had to get 4 goals to win! Bordeaux had a corner which I cleared and counter attacked, Gabby with his pace burnt past the defence and rounded the goaly to make it 2-2. 5 mins later and Gabby scores an almost identical goal to the last one, counter attack, bursts through the defence and this time slots it home 3-2!! Then straight from kick off a Bordeaux player casually back heels it to a defender, Gabby intercepts it and is through on goal! I tried to curl it past the keeper but he'd come out and got a hand to it. The ball fell right to 39m pound signing Zarate who, with 3 defenders closing in on him and the keeper 10 yards off his line, tries the lob. The keeper can only watch as it floats over his head and bounces on the goal line into the net, 4-2!!!! Then the ref blew for half time... amazingly no goals 2nd half and I went through :D

Last edited:
In my 3rd season, things are going well. I changed my formation from a strict 4-4-2 to a 4-1-1-3-1 it's a little crazy but it's more to how I want to play. I don't like running up the wing and crossing it, quite easy to win games that way. So now I've got some better players with a bit of ability I've changed it to a more football playing formation.

Had an amazing Champs League knock out stage game with Bordeaux, they beat me 1-0 away, I was still getting used to the new formation, they also have a lot of talent! With Gourcuff in midfield and a striker named Mayukins who is unstoppable. 2nd leg at home comes around, I'm a little worried as I know I can't let them get an away goal otherwise I'd need 3 goals.

I managed to take the lead early on via Gabby, all level now I thought I'd go on and take them. Unfortunately right from kick off Mayukins runs through my whole team and scores, then 5 mins later he does the same again :( 2-1 down I had to get 4 goals to win! Bordeaux had a corner which I cleared and counter attacked, Gabby with his pace burnt past the defence and rounded the goaly to make it 2-2. 5 mins later and Gabby scores an almost identical goal to the last one, counter attack, bursts through the defence and this time slots it home 3-2!! Then straight from kick off a Bordeaux player casually back heels it to a defender, Gabby intercepts it and is through on goal! I tried to curl it past the keeper but he'd come out and got a hand to it. The ball fell right to 39m pound signing Zarate who, with 3 defenders closing in on him and the keeper 10 yards off his line, tries the lob. The keeper can only watch as it floats over his head and bounces on the goal line into the net, 4-2!!!!Then the ref blew for half time... amazingly no goals 2nd half and I went through :D

Nice, well played. And Zarate is always capable of that sort of finish. 39 million well spent mate. ;)

Nice, well played. And Zarate is always capable of that sort of finish. 39 million well spent mate. ;)

He's been great for me so far, scored two screamers against Liverpool from 30 yards.

huh 39 million they wanted 54 from me. DAM

Sorry dude! I signed him in the Jan transfer window in my 3rd season. 39m was the first offer I got, I didn't try renegotiate. He was at Lazio before? I think. Good player, can't wait to give him a few more skill cards.

Got Zarate for 15 million:D He's currently scored 46 goals this season. I'm playing as Sunderland, in my third season. After two seasons finishing ninth and sixth I'm currently topping the table by four points with four games to go. Also in the Europa Cup final against Spurs.

2010-11:

Lost to Fulham 0:1 unexpectedly to lose after 20-game unbeaten streak in the league...currently 2 pts behind leaders Man Utd....with 15 games to go.

Beat Wolves 5:0 at home...with debutant Lazovic scoring...
young winger Vallachiban and striker Muller getting 2 superb
goals...Torres added the other 2 in a one-sided onslaught of terrific attacking inter-play.

Beat Fiorentina 2:0 away in the CL....with 2 Torres goals.
In the home leg...we went 1:0 up with Torres again...but Montilivio equalizes...and then a Gerrard master-class puts
us 2:1 up...but then Robbie Keane equalizes...and the 2nd
half is even...but Liverpool advance to the Quarters...
waiting for the draw...hoping to avoid AC Milan, Inter and Real.... other teams include Chelsea, Valencia, Tottenham and Dynamo Kyiv.

well i have a healthy bank and could have paid the 54 mil or renegotiated but i decided not too as Dzeko was placing well when torres was rested. i am gonna play more of my third season now, going to try hard to sign arda turan. Benayoun Riera and carrager are really aging now buy im still reluctant to drop them to the bench. Hopefully if i sign arda he will replace benayoun on the right and i will finally start Johnson ahead of riera

Second season with Barca. Won everything in my first season. At the moment I am trying to off load my big players to give me more of a challenge. I want to replace them with some up and coming young starlets. Any body know of any young players worth investing in??

The master league is very addictive this year. Although I recently sold pes 2010 for my xbox in favour of pes 2010 for the ps2 - after listening to wenb claiming that pes 2010 ps2 was ace. I agree it is good game - but its far too fast and I cannot stand the graphics and the loading screens - my god it really takes the experience away from you having to wait around for ages.

Anyways, purchased pes 2010 xbox 360 back and having lots of fun on the master league.

Also quick question to add, how do you start off with the bunch off nobodies for masterleague??

hmmm I can't really remember but I do recall the option is almost hidden when you start up ML. Just keep a close eye when you start a new ML and you should find the option.

You know how at the end of each season there's a "some players in your team need contract renewals" option, right?

Let's say I might have missed to re-sign a few players at that point... :(

Will I have more opportunities to do so before their contracts actually run out, or will they leave me now, no matter what I try?

You know how at the end of each season there's a "some players in your team need contract renewals" option, right?

Will I have more opportunities to do so before their contracts actually run out, or will they leave me now, no matter what I try?[/QUOT

They may ask you again for a new contract when the transfer window opens or they may leave but you can find them in free agent. Not sure to sign back though. There is also a possibilty that they will sign for another club in the offseason and leave when the window reoppens.

@ Stephen

I think you press triangle by the team you want to use and you will see the squad will change to the default players where you normally see the current squad.

Will I have more opportunities to do so before their contracts actually run out, or will they leave me now, no matter what I try?

If the players are still happy you stand more chance of keeping them. I have 3 players holding on contracts at the moment, 1 has already signed to join another club... the other 2 are still holding. But the one who signed for another club was on the transfer list too and I rarely played him.

Generally if they're happy playing for you they will wait until the summer and then ask for another contract.

Give up on Arda as it was fustrating to get him. Surprisingly i signed David Silva from Valencia they wanted 73 mil for him :SHOCK: but i negogiated and got him for 55. Still cant believe i spent so much.

Silva is miles better, I'd love him in my team but he moved to Chelsea so is quite content. Got through to the finals of the Champs League, been conceding far too many goals at the moment... winning games 4-3, 3-2 often. Then faced Chelsea in the FA Cup and won it 8-0! Absolute hammering, came out of nowhere that result.

I've got a question I've been wondering about regarding the youth team. At the moment I'm getting 1 or 2 new players each season going into the youth team. It got me thinking if I signed up all the crap youth players that I will never use and just try and sell them on, would I get a fresh batch of 10 youngsters at the end of the year?

I actually got Arda Turan really cheap during the first season of my new ML. I'm in my second year now and he's improving nicely, playing as a central midfielder, 81 overall so far. And as far as my previous question goes, I did in fact get another opportunity to renew the contracts of my players, so it's all good.

Well my Rodos team are going great guns. Find ourselves 10 points clear of our nearest challenger and we’re just starting into March.

Managed to conquer our European opponents and now face Deportivo in the last 16.

The January transfer window saw me bring in a total of players:- Leontinou (sp?) SB, Demel SB-CB-DM, Marinho AM, Ito ST, Moreno CB, Ghan (I think that’s it, Turkish) CB. Put Castolo out on loan, however sold my only reserve goalie Zamenhoff, bit of a mistake as thought I could bring in the youth lad, but that’s not till the end of the season. Also signed for the summer a goalie Vercourt for 650k.

Real Madrid followed up their bid of £6 for Toumba with an incredible £46m bid. I turned it down, LOL, as I see him being a key this season to success. However if the summer brings in another huge offer, I may just sell him. Think it’s more to the case that I created him and he’s that little bit special, so didn’t want to let him go. Maybe after he’s accomplished a bit more with us we’ll let him move on.

On the cup front we got beat by our bitter rivals Diagoras (2nd division) 2-1, they had a speed bomb Omrah (sp?) who was sensational and bagged a double against us.

Have noticed that my scout is now able to give me the ratings of the players now, so easier to ascertain what skills I’m getting.

I’d be disappointed if we don’t win the league, the CL might be a bit more difficult as the likes of Real Madrid, AC Milan and Arsenal are in there still.

FD

Got to hate those speedsters :(

Into my 4th season now, for the first time I have no crap sponsorship deals. So I'm earning quite a decent amount each home win now, along with wins in a row bonuses etc.

Signed some players in the summer. Carew left :( He was asking for 6m a year wages, considering he's 33 I couldn't really offer him such a deal. So he's on his travels but his presence will be missed. I signed some cheap Austrian striker named Heinkess (sp?) he's come in as my 5th choice striker and to be fair he's done quite well.

Bolstered my midfield in the summer, bringing in 4 new players. Ilzunci (sp?) cost me 24m, Polish, young, talented and he's done great for me early on. Signed a former wonderkid named Jarolim for 11m which was a mistake! He really isn't that good and is on a downward curve, so I signed him and then transfer listed him :) Also got a young English lad named Holt I think, steady midfielder and will do the job playing the odd game or two. Finally I signed some guy from FC Twente who has very nice stats, great technique on him, 28 years old now. The baffling thing is, he can play DMF or AMF... but not CMF? I don't really understand how someone can play both the defensive and attacking roles of the midfield but not combine the two and play CMF? Anyway I signed him and at the moment he's coming in and playing DMF but he's in training to learn the CMF role.

So far so good this season, 1 loss to Man Utd who I'm 1 point behind in the league. Got a tough Champs League group with Inter and my nemesis Bordeaux in there along with Aberdeen who will be bottom no doubts. My first game was Bordeaux, who have a quality team and a real speedster up front with a good finish. I fielded a weakened team, keeping the guys fresh for the league and FA Cup game against Chelsea, which is next up for me. Went in front twice against Bordeaux only for them to level both times, I had my 16 yr old defender on who actually played very well. In the last few mins my new Polish midfielder broke through and slotted it perfectly past the Bordeaux keeper so first blood to the Villa :)

Keep tabs on Jurado, he plays for Athletico Madrid in AMF. Cracking young player and certainly one to add to your prospective transfer targets.

Jeez, £6m wages for Carew at 33.

My Rodos team have managed to creep to 13 points ahead, and beat Deportivo 7-0 in the 1st leg and 5-0 on the return leg. Now face Tottenham in the Last 8.

FD

Jeez, £6m wages for Carew at 33.

My Rodos team have managed to creep to 13 points ahead, and beat Deportivo 7-0 in the 1st leg and 5-0 on the return leg. Now face Tottenham in the Last 8.

FD

A thrashing, nice!

3/4 through my 4th season. Signed Gignac for 39m, same price as Zarate was. I'm now struggling for money again, surprise surprise :CONFUSE: I always have this problem at the end of the season lol should be ok if I can shift a player or two, I have some players that I don't need anymore so will cash in on them.

Changed my formation to the Barcelona formation. Only took me 4 seasons to get the players to play that formation :SHOCK: much more solid at the back now, can be quite deadly on the counter and solid passing play when I have the ball. Gignac gives me a good target man again, while Zarate and Gabby are threatening playing either side of Gignac in SS roles.

Doing good so far, well clear in the league, 3-1 ahead after the home leg against Barca in the last 8 of the Champs League. In the final of the cup too so all is well :))

Have been busy lately, not much ML going on. After reading up on the last few pages I can't wait to get my hands back on the Dualshock. I'm not as exciting for the last stint of the season since I only have the League title left to win (getting beaten by Tottenham in Europa League after thrashing Liverpool was very sad) but I still need some good games to keep the top spot.

Continuing my 2nd season with Liverpool FC...
after a long break due to lot of work...

Played 5 games last night..

Aston Villa 0-2 Liverpool...
A composed away win with 2 Torres goals sealing it....

Liverpool 2-1 Portsmouth...
The visitor take a shock lead...before Baros equalizes..
and a late Torres goal wins it....not the most convincing
of wins...but 3 pts...and needing to chase the leaders ManUtd

Man City 2:3 Liverpool...
A corker of a game....Ribery puts us 1:0 up with a superb
angled drive from 10 yards....before an instant Robinho
equalizer from close range...in the 2nd half City take
the lead...but we keep pegging on...with Muller side footing
from Gerrards freekick to level it...and 2 minutes from
time Gerrard disposseses a defender and coolly slots the winner...brilliant win !

UEFA CL Q-final
Inter Milan 0-1 Liverpool
In a tight contest where both teams looked good at different
points in the game...finally a Torres winner on 82 minutes
after a superb break from young winger Valachiban
seals the crucial away win....but the tie is far from
over seeing that we are capable of losing at home.
In other games, Spurs shocked AC Milan 1:2 at San Siro...
Chelsea beat Valencia 2:1 away...Real beat Galatasaray 1:0 away...

Man United 0:6 Liverpool
The top of the table clash....with Liverpool needing the win.. and some win we ended up getting...United threatened
initially and hit the post....but Liverpool just counter-attacked in brutal fashion.
Gerrard scoring the 1st, Torres with 2, Ribery and Aquilani
making it 0:5 at half-time....United did not know what
hit them...they were playing well...but we were just
too accurate and deadly..
Baros added another in the 2nd half....in the end...our
biggest ever win in the ML....and what a win !!

So Liverpool with 10 games to go in the EPL, lead Man United by 1 point in a 2-horse race
with Spurs trailing by 8pts. Chelsea and Arsenal already out of the race.

Last edited:
Yesterday I ended my 3rd season, the first one I expended 10m on the youth team. On the last round i checked it and founded a new youth player... but he was 15 and his overall ratings was 92 (as CF, and 94 as SS)!!! That must be a bug...

I played 2 games next season with him (the screen shots are from the 2nd week, 4th season, he hasn't improved on anything since being promoted) and maybe I should release him and keep playing with the players I trained to improve.

Last edited:
Yesterday I ended my 3rd season, the first one I expended 10m on the youth team. On the last round i checked it and founded a new youth player... but he was 15 and his overall ratings was 92 (as CF, and 94 as SS)!!! That must be a bug...

I played 2 games next season with him (the screen shots are from the 2nd week, 4th season, he hasn't improved on anything since being promoted) and maybe I should release him and keep playing with the players I trained to improve.

lol wow, what a player!

He wont improve straight away. From what I can tell new players to your team have to build their teamwork up before they start developing the rest of their stats.

I keep waiting for my superstar youth player... not got one as good as that yet :( Got a decent defender who's 84 rating at 17, but no 90 rating 16 yr old superstar :CONFUSE:

You can sell him to me if you want, I need a good young SS :) 35 million enough?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom