PES 2010 Masterleague

lol wow, what a player!

He wont improve straight away. From what I can tell new players to your team have to build their teamwork up before they start developing the rest of their stats.

I keep waiting for my superstar youth player... not got one as good as that yet :( Got a decent defender who's 84 rating at 17, but no 90 rating 16 yr old superstar :CONFUSE:

You can sell him to me if you want, I need a good young SS :) 35 million enough?

LOL :P

He's too good to be real, I can't use him... I won my first league match against Man United 7-0... My team overall is around 77-80. So he's too good for the team and I dont want the money income from a buggy player, so I'll release or left him forgotten on the bench :P

I had a tantrum last night on my masterleague over player wages. I got to January in season 5, I had a few contracts to renew, all of them wanted HUGE contracts. I signed 2 of them back for 5 years on about 5m a year, the rest are on hold and will be kicked out in the summer. My wage bill is now over 100M per season... so I got annoyed by this and have transfer listed 7-8 players in retaliation.

I have a new approach now, a cheaper approach, I'm going to use the youth system more and any players I buy will get a 5 year contract and will be sold the second they ask for anything around 7-8m per year.

I promoted 3 youth players in Jan, none of them particularly good. Two are rated 71 the other is 66. Two are on the loan list so hopefully someone bites. One is a midfielder who has done very well for me so I'm going to keep him, this resulted in another midfielder going onto the transfer list. Got my 17 yr old defender whom I promoted last season now starting in defence and Delph is back in the starting 11 too. I feel better now :) looking forward to cashing in on the top earners and getting my wage bill halved in the process.

Well my Rodos team are trying to capitulate in the highest order.

Doing well in the Europa cup, in the semi-final and am taking a 2-0 away win into the 2nd league at home against Spurs. If I get through will inevitably play Real Madrid who thrashed AC Milan 5-1 in the 1st leg in Spain.

However in the league, found myself 17 points clear with around 8 games to go, however after a draw away to Ajax 2-2 (they were second behind me) I've now lost 2 straight league games to Nimijen and Venloo and am now 11 points clear with 5 games to go. My two forwards are right off form, although they find themselves 1st and 2nd respectively in the scoring charts. Also young Japanese striker Ito has been doing well for me, knocked in a few important goals for me. The Japanese starlet has announced his goal feats by changing his boot type everytime he scores in a game..............hehe.

I'm also a bit perplexed with a centre half I brought in from Turkey on loan. He's never been outside a blue or purple and don't know what to do. He was bought as a back-up right enough so not major, however I seem to have a bulk of players consistently in the blue or purple, how do you remedy this? I have tried playing him in a couple of games but doesn't make a difference, doesn't appear to be unhappy.

FD

Have you checked what form they have? Usually they have a low form of 3 or something. Also not playing regularly can make them blue or purple more often than they should be.

I won everything last season yet again :/ time to make it harder, got rid of 6-7 players on high wages, I still have 5 players on the transfer list who aren't featuring in my team now.

Got a fresh batch of youngsters in the summer, two promising players in that bunch. First was a goaly who the scout said reminds him of Cech, he was promoted straight away and has a rating of 82 at 16. Better than my first team goaly who is a 19 yr old Brad Friedal with a rating of 81. The other player is a right back who the scout likened to Ashley Cole, even though Ash is a left back. Anyway he's not too bad, 65 rating I think at 16 so he was brought into the team and is now the back up RB.

Signed one player for 2 million, an 84 rated 24 yr old DMF from Spain, forget his name. Decent player and will only be a back up so it's a good deal. Will sell him for 10m once I'm done with him. I let one of my youth players who got promoted last season go, he didn't cut it and never featured. The other two are doing well, not great ratings either of them (both mid 70's aged 19-20) but they seem to perform well when called upon and I now have them on 1m deals for 5 years. Nice cheap cover for my first team :)

Got my wage bill down from 110 million to less than 80 million. Got another 15-20 million in wages sitting on the transfer list too so hopefully get them out soon enough.

Ryan Babel delivers....

The forgotten man of Anfield...returned to the starting
lineup and scored 3 in 2 matches...
The first...the UEFA CL QF 2nd leg at home vs Inter Milan..
Babel scored the winner in the 50th minute to break
the Italian's resistance...it ended 2:0 on Aggregate.
Into the Semi-finals and it's
Liverpool v Real Madrid
Chelsea v Tottenham
So at least one English team will be in the Final.

In the league Babel scored both goals in a tight and nervy
2:1 away win at Celtic...where we were defending with 10-men
in the last 30 mins.
His 2nd goal, a superb left-footer into the top corner
from 20 yards out.

9 games to go in the EPL....with the CL semis coming up...
exciting times ahead....but Man United are sitting 1 pt
behind in 2nd place...this will go right to the wire...

Yesterday I ended my 3rd season, the first one I expended 10m on the youth team. On the last round i checked it and founded a new youth player... but he was 15 and his overall ratings was 92 (as CF, and 94 as SS)!!! That must be a bug...

I played 2 games next season with him (the screen shots are from the 2nd week, 4th season, he hasn't improved on anything since being promoted) and maybe I should release him and keep playing with the players I trained to improve.

He spent only 3 weeks on my club, after 1 game that I left him outside the bench he expressed his angry... so, i released him :P. We only want good team players, not super amazing starts that are 15 years old :p

Ahhh I will sign him up! Haha

I'm enjoying my master league right now. 6th season is underway, 100% winning start including a cup win against spurs with my young players. Playing with the Barcelona formation, my team is more settled now and largely full of the players I want. Playing some sexy football now, controlling the possession, not conceding too many (I had a real problem conceding goals last season). Happy with my squad, got money to spend if I want to.

just1 - What do you mean check form? He's been purple ever since I bought him. :(

Well there was glory and heartbreak for my team.

Glory was winning the league, won by around 11 points or so.

Europa League had me in the final with Real Madrid. They seemed to not have Ronaldo in their team, although had Ribery. Got off to a great start when I manged to go up 1-0 through Hadji, then a foul by Bourbos on the wing saw him sent off. However I managed to hold on and grabbed a second goal from Agata.

However pretty swiftly in the 2nd half Gago manged to bring them back into the game, then Higuain sped away from my defenders to lash an equaliser in. Then Benzema put them 3-2 up and it seemed we were up against it. However a cross into their box from Zeus allowed Agata to knock in an equaliser with only a few minutes left. However as the game creeped upto the 90th minute a high ball from us was knocked down by Agata, however bizarrely Hadji was way forward (plays at SS and I usually find him playing deeper) and they broke straight up the park, with their striker Higuain racing through goal, Dracos manged to get in range, it was either take him out or let him take his chance, I decided to take him out. Off he went. Then as was to be expected straight from the free kick a direct shot from I believe Raul Albiol had my keeper pulling off a save, however up popped a real player to knock the ball in and win the cup...................... :('''

Well the new season has come in and I've managed to bring in a lot of dough from sponsors, sales etc. Have over £30m. Also sold Trochozyn (sp? - Polish CMF) for £5m+. Have brought in Papa Waigo from Arsenal and Kristian Nemeth from Liverpool on frees. However also brought in 2 extra goalies. Trying to get in another few players but not sure if I'll manage in time.

FD

There was a very good young CB called jerdkov ( russian) in the game when i first started playing ML before i restarted after patch but i cant seem to find him and him anymore. Anyone know where he is.

just1 - What do you mean check form? He's been purple ever since I bought him. :(

If you check Sembei's posts of his wonderkids stats. In between aggression and the weak foot stats is the form stat, Sembei's wonderkid has a form of 5 so it's likely he will be very reliable with his conditioning and rarely blue or purple.

I have a guy in my team called Villalba who has a form stat of 3 and he is blue or purple more often than the rest of the squad. I could be completely wrong with this, as I'm just going off what I see in my game, but ideally it's better to get players with a form of 4 and above.

Unlucky with the cup game, sounds like a great game though.

I've just gone through the Jan transfer window in my 6th season, no new signings but a few guys have gone for about £20M each. I don't use them anymore so nice to cash in.

Knew I would have some big contracts to consider, Zarate (93), Gignac (89) and Delph (91). Signed Delph up for another 5 years on 8M, which I can just about handle. Zarate and Gignac wanted 14 million each!! :SHOCK: I will probably sign them up for another season and try to sell them during that time to earn some cash off them. If no one bites then they can bugger off after that season.

Will replace them with my youth team players, my backup CF is Forsell, who came through my youth team, he's rated 78 aged 20... not great. But he has 10 goals in 17 apps this season, and virtually all of those apps were sub apps with 30-20 min left in the game. So he can step up if needed. I want my team to be 100% youth team products in a few seasons time.

Just wondering, I still don't understand why teams don't play their best players against me. I'm using Manchester United, and playing the semi-final versus Real Madrid, and they don't have C. Ron, Kaka, nor Benzema on the team. After I go 2-0 up, in the 70th minute, C. Ron comes on. Then in 2nd leg, Kaka comes on in the 2nd half along with Benzema, but C. Ron doesn't even show up! And the goalie for both games is Dudek. Totally ruins the fun for me.

Do you guys have such problems? I feel like i'm playing against the B team or something.

Maybe they had low arrows or fatigue? You can at least see form arrows before a game under Topics, you should check that out next time before a big game. I haven't noticed this, I have met Barca and Liverpool in the CL and they seemed to have their big guns on the pitch for the most part.

9 out my 11 first teamers are now products of the youth team, most are crap. The only two that aren't are Agbonglahor and Delph, who both started off at Villa in the first place. Got a few quality players on the bench, which I will get rid of over this season and replace them with the next batch of young players next season.

My average team rating must be about 65, beat Man City 2-1 in the first league game and then got knocked out the cup 2-0 not being helped by a penalty and red card going against me :( Was a good tackle as well, sigh.

Anyway I'm pleased it's now proving a challenge and will see how the season goes using the youngsters, I wont be winning anything that's for sure. Going to use only my youth players from now on, not buying anyone else. Got about 500 million in the bank now due to selling a few class players. Still got 7-8 top quality players on the transfer list, not playing, just waiting to be sold. Does anyone know if the game stops counting money once you get to £999,999,999?

I have just noticed one of those uber-mega-superstars in my youth team. A 16 year old player with the over all rating of 96! I couldn't buy a player with stats of 96 if I threw all my money in there. I don't know what to do with him, probably I will just leave him in the youth team. Like Sembei I don't want him to overtake my team after careful planning for four seasons. Another player with a stats of 82 has appeared in my youth team, an up and coming Beckham according to my Scout (The first player is an up and coming C. Ronaldo, apparently), I'm more likely to bring him up, at least his stats are not absurdly high.

As Ajax contemplate if they should bring up a couple of players from the Youth team, one most likely some sort of mutant, they play the first game of the new season. Victims of the day are Willem II, right off the bat they are drowned by new romanian signing and midfielder Cobicescu. They get one back when Akgun fires a low drill shot past new goalkeeper Pepe Reina, who amazingly at this point in time is only usable as a second keeper. He has 65 overall and is rather shaky in goal throughout the game. Luckily that was pretty much the only time Willem II got near Ajax' penalty area. Game is quickly killed off by another goal from Cobicescu, a legend in the making, and Bullard, who has been rather quiet for the most part of two seasons but played well today. Lavezzi seals the deal in the second half with an awesome strike after an assist from... Cobicescu. 1-4 away and a nice start to the season.

I noticed a nice little touch at the end of last season. I sometimes get a bit sentimental with my ML team (can be pretty brutal too) and this time I put Makaay on late in the game as it would be his last before retirement. Game ends, only a draw but the players hug and pat on each others backs. Then the camera switches to Makaay who walks along the stands and waves to the audience. Very nice.

Last edited:
I'm in first place, argggggggh! Playing with 10 out of 11 first teamers straight out the youth team. Started off hanging around 8th place, now have gone on an unbeaten run of about 17 games in the league and find myself top by 2 points.

It should be close, I didn't expect to be top with this squad but I've been winning by keeping possession and taking my chances. Most games I have 60% possession and 3-4 shots.

Out the cup in the first round. Got through the group stage of the Champs League but I'm now 1-0 down after my first leg against Inter, they hammered me for 90 minutes (12 shots against my 2) but I defended quite well and managed to lose by just the 1 goal. Will try and turn it around in the home leg.

It's been really tough using the youngsters in both league and cup as they tire so easily and at present I don't have enough youngsters to rotate properly so my guys are ending up exhausted. That problem will be solved at the end of the season when I get 9 new youth players, my youth team is looking a bit empty with just the one lad in there lol

Managed to sell 4-5 of my former first choice 11 (the good players), another 5 will be leaving at the end of the season as their contracts are up and the remaining 2-3 will hopefully be sold.

Well my rodos team have got off to a fairly decent start, currently in 2nd place in the league tucked behind Nemijien and knocked Ajax out on pens 5-4 in the 1st round of the cup. Awaiting to see how the groups pan out for the Champions League. Hopefully come out with a decent draw and make an impression in our debut after last year’s successful Europa League campaign were we finished up as runners-up.

Haven’t made as many signings as I’d have hoped, nothing came through from the youth team, however did bring in a couple of loan deals for young Argentinian midfielder Sarmiento and lanky striker Papadopolous from Salonika. Might be getting a bit top heavy on strikers with now Stavros, Agata, Ito, Papadopolous, Nemeth and Castolo (who I hope to loan out).

Also trying some position changes to players attributes, hoping to have Espimas being able to play as a full-back (SB) and Marinho being able to play on SM position along with Papa Waigo to be able to play as a SM.

Most of my money has went on this type of thing as well as some operating cost upgrades.

Looking at the squad I need a DM to be able to come in and probably one or two defenders to take up CB/SB positions.

FD

9 games without a win, my title bid has failed. The game doesn't seem to want me to win... dodgy penalty decision costs me a place in the champs league final with my youngsters, next game I get a clear offside (5 yards offside!) let go and the guy scores to level a game I was on my way to winning. Ah well, I'm liking the challenge better. 3 games left this season and I'm clinging onto 4th now... look likely to finish 5th at this rate.

Can't wait for the new youth players to come at the end of the season, badly need depth to the squad.

Edit: Finished 4th, managed a couple of wins and then lost the final game of the season. Got a good striker in the youth system, rated 77 at 16 so looks set to be a 90+ player. He's now my main man up front, Forssell drops to the bench. Got some depth to my team now and almost got rid of everyone I don't want. Only got 3 players in my squad who aren't from my youth system now, 2 are defenders that don't start and 1 is Delph that was at Villa from the very start.

OH and Man Utd got relegated!! Hahaha

Last edited:
Hi, I started a Master League with INTER and was posting on this blog:
http://fcinternazionalemilano-wii.blogspot.com/

feel free to follow and comment :) but it's in spanish :P still, maybe some of ya'll can still follow it :D

"A POR TODO --
Es el año 2010, el INTER de MILÁN comienza la temporada tras ganar cuatro campeonatos de la Seire A consecutivos pero sin poder levantar el trofeo más importante, la Champions League, desde el torneo del ´64-´65. Podrá la nerazzurri ganar la Liga de Campeones por tercera vez en su historia y a la vez sobrepasar a su eterno rival, el A.C. Milan, en campeonatos de Serie A ganados (17)? "

I got a problem,,
I set defence training point for one of my CMF by 5 square,
But why his defense stat is increased just a little per match although he is on a good development graph? (his other stats are increased a lot)

And what stats are affected by defense training?

Sorry if my English is bad,,

Well my rodos team have got off to a fairly decent start, currently in 2nd place in the league tucked behind Nemijien and knocked Ajax out on pens 5-4 in the 1st round of the cup. Awaiting to see how the groups pan out for the Champions League. Hopefully come out with a decent draw and make an impression in our debut after last year’s successful Europa League campaign were we finished up as runners-up.

Haven’t made as many signings as I’d have hoped, nothing came through from the youth team, however did bring in a couple of loan deals for young Argentinian midfielder Sarmiento and lanky striker Papadopolous from Salonika. Might be getting a bit top heavy on strikers with now Stavros, Agata, Ito, Papadopolous, Nemeth and Castolo (who I hope to loan out).

Also trying some position changes to players attributes, hoping to have Espimas being able to play as a full-back (SB) and Marinho being able to play on SM position along with Papa Waigo to be able to play as a SM.

Most of my money has went on this type of thing as well as some operating cost upgrades.

Looking at the squad I need a DM to be able to come in and probably one or two defenders to take up CB/SB positions.

FD

There is a greek patch that has Rodos and the whole Greek 1st and 2nd division....Are you playing that?

Haven't posted in here for ages. Started an ML campaign not long ago with Nottingham Forest and currently 2nd with 28 points behind West Brom only from goal difference.

I've got a few good players in my team and the good thing is that most of them are young so with the right training they can have a bright future. Was doing well in the FA Cup until I got Man Utd; Thrashed me 0-3 away then 0-1 home. I changed the rule for the Cup games to home & away so I can give my teenagers a run.

Enjoying it very much now. I know if I get promoted I'll face very hard competition. Too much quality in the Premiership compared to the Championship. I'm trying to buy a few quality teens but not much happening. I hope things change when I'm promoted.

There is a greek patch that has Rodos and the whole Greek 1st and 2nd division....Are you playing that?

No, haven't saw that.

Sounds quite good, although not sure how it plays around with some of the teams as wouldn't want it overwriting the rest of europe teams or whatever.

FD

I'm one of those people who are taking advantage of the super youth players... something a little weird has been happening though... I've recently started my 2nd ML (reached 3rd/4th season in both of my ML) as an experiment.

I got a super youth player in my 3rd season (RB starting at 94 overall). During his 1st season, he plays every single game and has 0 fatigue (isn't involved in internationals). As soon as he hits the 2nd season, his blue bar fills up like any other player on the team. All of his stats have either improved or stayed the same, AND I'm still using the same level coach/athletic trainer/club doctor etc.

Slightly confused about the sudden change I decided to start a new ML and see if there's a difference (wasn't very happy with some player choices I made in the 1st ML anyway). So 3rd season in, I find a super youth player again (RB also but only 85 overall, 95 stam, etc)... sign him up, and again he plays every game of his 1st season without any fatigue but as soon as he hits his 2nd season the problem (is it?) repeats itself.

Has anyone else encountered this?

I'm one of those people who are taking advantage of the super youth players... something a little weird has been happening though... I've recently started my 2nd ML (reached 3rd/4th season in both of my ML) as an experiment.

I got a super youth player in my 3rd season (RB starting at 94 overall). During his 1st season, he plays every single game and has 0 fatigue (isn't involved in internationals). As soon as he hits the 2nd season, his blue bar fills up like any other player on the team. All of his stats have either improved or stayed the same, AND I'm still using the same level coach/athletic trainer/club doctor etc.

Slightly confused about the sudden change I decided to start a new ML and see if there's a difference (wasn't very happy with some player choices I made in the 1st ML anyway). So 3rd season in, I find a super youth player again (RB also but only 85 overall, 95 stam, etc)... sign him up, and again he plays every game of his 1st season without any fatigue but as soon as he hits his 2nd season the problem (is it?) repeats itself.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Sounds like you have burnt him out in the first season. Although as clever as Konami can be at times with their very subtle works of genius, I very much doubt that this is deliberate.

9 games without a win, my title bid has failed. The game doesn't seem to want me to win... dodgy penalty decision costs me a place in the champs league final with my youngsters, next game I get a clear offside (5 yards offside!) let go and the guy scores to level a game I was on my way to winning. Ah well, I'm liking the challenge better. 3 games left this season and I'm clinging onto 4th now... look likely to finish 5th at this rate.

Can't wait for the new youth players to come at the end of the season, badly need depth to the squad.

Edit: Finished 4th, managed a couple of wins and then lost the final game of the season. Got a good striker in the youth system, rated 77 at 16 so looks set to be a 90+ player. He's now my main man up front, Forssell drops to the bench. Got some depth to my team now and almost got rid of everyone I don't want. Only got 3 players in my squad who aren't from my youth system now, 2 are defenders that don't start and 1 is Delph that was at Villa from the very start.

OH and Man Utd got relegated!! Hahaha

You have been Teamvision 2'ed mate by the sound of it. It's no coincidence that this happens, no matter how many PES haters claim this feature is purely hype. The CPU really does work you out and adapt accordingly. I have mentioned this so many time in this thread. You need to keep changing your style of play to keep the CPU on its toes, especially on Top Player and Pro.

You have been Teamvision 2'ed mate by the sound of it. It's no coincidence that this happens, no matter how many PES haters claim this feature is purely hype. The CPU really does work you out and adapt accordingly. I have mentioned this so many time in this thread. You need to keep changing your style of play to keep the CPU on its toes, especially on Top Player and Pro.

I agree with this. i actually thought it was because they would bring in new players, although new players is a factor they do really work out how you play

Back
Top Bottom