PES 2010 Masterleague

Only just made it out of Division 2 into La Liga on the last game of the season...!

Now I have to cull/sell players to stay in there, the benefit being if there is enough money from the sales I can upgrade Coache, Doctor etc to Level 3 (from Level 1) as the lowest setting for Staff is not gonna cut it at a higher level (too many injuries etc on Level 1)

I can't seem to find the section in the 2010 ML menus where you can scroll back and see previous season's results...?

In Pro Evo 2008 (PSP) you could see how many Goals / Assists players scored for 10 seasons in the past in a "Team Information" > "Season Results" kind of section (can't exactly remember the menu, but that was something like it)

I can't seem to find the section in the 2010 ML menus where you can scroll back and see previous season's results...?

In Pro Evo 2008 (PSP) you could see how many Goals / Assists players scored for 10 seasons in the past in a "Team Information" > "Season Results" kind of section (can't exactly remember the menu, but that was something like it)

Me too. I went looking for it but couldn't find it anywhere. Pretty stupid to take it out.

That's so crap...! I used to Spreadsheet the statistics from my PSP Master League Team, so going back through past results was great for seeing which players were scoring more, assisting more etc.

(Sometimes I could see when their on field performance was lower than their player development graph, so I got better money for them by selling them just that bit earlier before they declined too much that not many teams would buy them)

Ok, firstly, without a shadow of a doubt, PES 2010 is the most challenging PES game I have ever played by a long, long way. Only PES 5 comes close. I'm currently in my 5th season with Middlesbrough and still I'm no-where near winning the Premiership or even a European Trophy, Champions League or the Europa.

Usually afer 3 seasons on Top Player on any other PES game I have at least won one of these trophys, if not the treble. This is one of the reasons I love this game so much, it's so freaking hard, especially playing with a lesser team and starting in the Championship. I have little money, my Scout, Coach, Trainer are all Level 3, Fan Club and Doctor Level 2, although I have my Youth Academy at level 4, investing in the future. This yearly budget alone ensures I need at least a top 7 finish in the Premiership, or a good F.A. Cup run, and as far as I can get in the Euro competitions I qualify for.

The season before last I earned a Champions League spot in the last game of the season, but went out in the group stages. I then got knocked out in the Europa Cup by Barcelona in the last 16, 6-4 on aggregate. I reached the semi-final of the F.A Cup, losing to Liverpool.

I qualified for the Europa League last season finishing 7th in the Premeirship on the very last day, although 8th would have also got me a spot as Spurs won the Premiership and the F.A. Cup releasing another spot in Europe, of which Sunderland must have been very happy about.

Currently this season, after 15 games I'm lying 8th in the Premier League, out of the F.A. Cup and in the final game of my Europa League group stage, but I'll get back to that.

My team currently consists of some original Boro players created via the Championship patch and mainly cheap young players and youth players brought through the academey, of which only one is a 'Superkid', my African right back called Pagomelle. He has a rating of 85 and has 4 player cards, is only 19 years old, and a first team regular. My scout is pathetic at best, and couldnt even sign his own name, never mind a potential transfer target.

My starting 11, providing everybody is fit is as follows.

GK - Marinelli - A young Argentinian GK that is an awesome shot stopper with a rating of 84 overall. Makes mistakes, but also pulls off some stunning saves as shown in the Magic Moments video thread.

LB - Andrew Taylor - Progressed very well over the years, great left foot, fast, can pass, decent touch, and strong.

RB - Pogemelle - African Superkid. Covering, Man Marking, Slide Tackle and Passing as his four player cards. Fast, small and in the Ashley Cole style mould. His dribbling accuracy needs to be improved, but overall a great young player with bags of potential. And the main reason I spend so much on my Youth Academey.

CB - Wheater - Strong, quick, very tall, dangerous at set-pieces, and a complete rock at the back. Reads the game very well. My Captain and also one of my star players.

CB - Cecu - English with a French name. Youth Team product. Big, strong, poor first touch but still young. Postional play needs work but he'll get there. Also, not the quickest and his passing sucks. Needs to keep it very simple with short passes to better players.

Left wing - Adam Johnson. Another one of my stars. Very quick, awesome passing, great touch, lovely quick feet and finished Top Assist leader in the world last year with 29. Next best was 11. Gets his fair share of goals as well, but it's his quality of both cross and early cross that get me my goals.

Right Wing - Wagner Libano - Brazilian kid bought at 18 years old as an AMF. Never played for the first 3 seasons, but has the Passer player card. His stats have risen very well. He is small, fast, good feet, tricky, and has bags of potential. He was given his debut in the last couple of games of last season. He got an assisit on his debut and a goal that lead to a 2-1 win. During the close season I spent £2 million on training him as a right winger as the AMF role is owned by my best player, Marvin Emnes.

DMF - Digard - Very Strong, good passer, powerful shot and good vision. Also great in the tackle. Like Emnes, Johnson, Taylor and Wheater, his stats have come on leaps and bounds over the years. He reminds me of a Patrick Viera, but alot stronger, without the cute feet or air of elegance.

AMF - Marvin Emnes - Last seasons Premierships Top Scorer and the jewel in my crown. Emnes stats have gone through the roof. He has a super powerful shot, excellent accuracy, great feet, excellent passer, and bags of technique. He can create a yard of space where there doesnt look to be any room, and has the strength to hold off players for fun. He has been trained with the Passer card, 1st touch card and can perform all the tricks and feints. His sliderule pass with his through balls 80% of the time are weighted perfectly. Emnes never ceases to amaze me with his flicks, tricks and all round game. A complete match winner in the style of an in form Stevie Gerrard. I have had some big sponsorship deals based on his performances. Priceless.

SS- Iqaunta - 33 years old, signed from Juventus 4 seasons ago and has been worth every penny. Strong, excellent target man with the ability to hold up play. His first touch is ok, but his dribbling skills after his 1st touch are bad. Good in the air and has the Dummy Run Player card and always opens up defences with his diagonal runs. Can be clumsy and his passes need to be simple, very rarely completes a decent through ball. His biggest strength is his ability with the snapshot. Needs very little backlift and seems to have this trademark shot that is drilled very low and hard. Getting on now, but still does the job, and also has the Supersub Player card if brought on. Doesnt play well on a 'Blue'.

CF - Sane - Another cheap young buy that has proven to be a hit with the fans. Trained in the 1 on 1 Player Card. Sane is fast, decent strength, good accuracy, nice feet, can dribble and gets his fair share of goals. Not very good in the air, and his form can drift. His last few games he has been on a Purple. Finished 3rd Top Scorer in the Premiership. Still on 23 years old though. A great buy.

The Bench -

CF - Leroy Lita - Overall rating of 64 now and decreasing. Small, decent touch, and was a relevation last season coming on as a sub. Ended the season with 13 goals, 12 from the bench. Not great, but can produce and his form is usually an Orange or Red.

SMF - Sobralense - Brazilian 29 year old winger. Not the fastest but a great deliverer of the ball. Nice feet, excellent technique, great vision and bags of tricks.

SMF/AMF - Pilyev - Russian playmaker. Unlucky not to start, nice feet, will use either foot, can dribble, has tricks, not the strongest on the ball but can create a yard. Excellent vision with the lobbed through pass. At 22 years old, one for the future and getting better with every season.

Other subs will vary, but mostly Youth Team players.

The Argentinian Striker I bought 3 seasons ago, Gil, was coming on brilliantly, and I invested £3 million on him in Player Cards. He was only 23 years old and I had to sell him. River Plate came in with an offer of which I rejected. He then spat his dummy out and was on a 'Purple' form arrow for 5 games. He was heartbroken. River Plate upped the bid to £3.2 million so I had to let him go. I didnt want to, but he was no good to me on a Purple and obviously wanted to return back to his homeland. So off he went. Prick.

This line-up is based around my 4-3-1-2 formation. Lots of width with high player support for the counters and low pressing to ensure there is plenty of space and wide options. I tend to play with a more Spanish style flavour. The Premiership Teams all have default settings of about 70% pressing making Top Player very tight in the middle of the park. Spanish and Italian Teams if you check all have their pressing levels around the 45-50% mark. The Premiership is the fastest league in the world, you get very little time on the ball, hence the term the 'hustle and bustle of the Premiership' and PES replicates this perfectly. You get very little time on the ball on Top Player, and with lesser players your first touch is everything. Holding R2 once in receipt of the ball helps massively.

My team really lacks any real strength in depth, and if any of my star players have poor form arrows, it's a struggle. I dont have the money to buy top players, neither can I sign them if I had the cash. Every goal I score for the most part has to be created using my footballing brain, nothing ever comes easy. I love the challenge, but it can be very frustrating at times, but on the flip side of that coin, very rewarding in others. The CPU A.I. I find to be very clever indeed. I remember playing Man Utd in the Premier League last night and after going 1-0 down then equalising, Man Utd scored to go 2-1 up with 5 minutes to play. Anderson got the ball on the right wing, headed straight towards my corner flag then held up the ball with his back to my left back, sheilding himself from the ball to waste time and count down the clock. Those little moments are just magical from an A.I. perspective.

What I find when I play the top teams is that their defence is very well organised, which can negate Libano's and Johnson's crosses into the box. My best tactic I find that works brilliantly to create that extra yard on the wing is the fake cross. Pressing Circle than cancelling it with the X button tricks the CPU into thinking your crossing the ball, and creates that extra yard of space to get a clear cross into the box. Johnson uses this tactic brilliantly, and it's a tip that I think everyone should try if they are not doing it already. Also, you can fake a ground pass by simply pressing X twice very quickly and holding a direction for the fake.

I set my wingers Player Cards to Attacking for the most part, and keep my AMF as Balanced. This ensures I always have options on the flanks, especially when I want to switch play.

I love it when you bring a player on and he makes the difference. Back to my Europa League. I drew 2-2 with Celtic at home. Beat Roma 5-1 at home, Johnson on a Red getting 4 assists. I drew with Gotenberg 1-1, a game I should have won. Celtic then beat me 2-1 away in a game I dominated but couldnt score. I then played Gothenberg knowing that I needed a win.

Celtic were topping the group with 10 points. Roma second with 6 points, Boro 3rd with 5 points and Gotenberg bottom with a point. I then had Gotenberg to play knowing I needed a win and hoping Celtic would beat Roma. Emnes picked up an injury in training and was out for 2 weeks, and Libano was on a Purple. This wasnt good in my biggest game of the season. I was 1-0 down to Gotenberg at half time. I changed my formation to 3-3-1-3- and went all out attack. The idea was to use Johnson's crosses into the box to get the goals. I had put a Youth Team striker on the bench for the first time, Jakubo. His overall rating was 54 but he was 194cm tall. I brought him on for his debut at halftime. His touch is shit, shooting is shit, passing is shit, everything is shit apart from the fact he his big, strong, and very tall.

A ball in from Johnson fell at his feet, a poor first touch bounced off his leg, rebounded off the keeper, off Jakubo's ass and went in the goal. :LOL:

It was the most clumsiest goal I have ever seen but I was taking it. 1-1. Gotenburg caught me on the counter. 2-1. Sane then equalised off a nice pass from Jakubo. 2-2. Gotenberg then caught me on the counter again after Johnson had missed a sitter from 3 yards out for Boro to go ahead. 3-2 Gotenberg with 5 mins to play. In the very last minute, and the last throw of the dice, Johnson whipped in an early cross and Jakubo rose like a salmon and headed home the equaliser to make it 3-3, and thats how it ended. Roma had battered Celtic 5-1 which meant that with one game to go, against Roma away, I'm 3 points behind them with -1 goal difference. Those two goals from my young youth player on his debut had kept my Europa dream alive. Would you credit it.

So I now need to beat Roma by 2 goals, and I'm through. Emnes should be back fit, and so should Libano. I'll let you know how I get on in Rome. :CONFUSE:

Last edited:
Started an ML as Tottenham on Top Player and lost my first game to Man City 2-0. I just couldn't deal with the pace of SWP and Tevez and they were by far the better team.

Since then though, I've beaten Nottingham Forest 3-0 and then Blackburn away 3-1 so quite pleased with the response :) Signed a young left winger named Drazan from Rapid Vienna, rated at 67, so looking forward to giving him some games on the left wing.

Got a few dilemmas up front as Defoe is superb, scoring two goals. Crouch obviously has a few positives with his height being the main one although he hasn't scored yet. Pavlyuchenko is also yet to score and Gudjohnsen was unhappy at not getting chances so played him against Blackburn and he scored :) So not sure how the season will pan out with regards to my main pairing.

How do form arrows work? If I drop a player with a purple arrow, will that players form improve or will it only improve if he plays games? Obviously not a good idea to play players in poor form but not sure what the best way to handle them is.

Stars next to players names, what's that all about?

The bars next to the form arrows, I assume the green is energy levels? What about the blue bar?

And lastly, after a game I notice that some players have full experience bars. When does that bar reset? I'm sure in the old PES's, it used to fill up and then improve some stats and reset itself?

I don't think so, as most of my usual first team now have red form arrows and are on top of their game since I've been on a good run of wins.

Form arrows are random aren't they?
They depend on the player's form (or consistency) attribute.

The higher it is, the more likely the player will go into a match with a positive form arrow and vice versa.

EDIT: Regarding the blue bar, Dags, I haven't tried ML yet but I'm assuming that's the fatigue bar.

DagsJT said:
How do form arrows work? If I drop a player with a purple arrow, will that players form improve or will it only improve if he plays games? Obviously not a good idea to play players in poor form but not sure what the best way to handle them is.

The bars next to the form arrows, I assume the green is energy levels? What about the blue bar?

And lastly, after a game I notice that some players have full experience bars. When does that bar reset? I'm sure in the old PES's, it used to fill up and then improve some stats and reset itself?

They depend on the player's form (or consistency) attribute.

The higher it is, the more likely the player will go into a match with a positive form arrow and vice versa.

EDIT: Regarding the blue bar, Dags, I haven't tried ML yet but I'm assuming that's the fatigue bar.

Yep the blue bar is the fatigue bar and it accumulates every game if you don't rest a player.

Green bar is the stamina bar.

The star shows a player has a special ability.

Cheers lads!

Continued my good run and scraped out a good 2-1 win against Chelsea but then had Liverpool away and got battered 3-1 :(

Really appreciating the game now and loving it. Top Player and 15 mins is just right really and every game is tense enough to keep you interested.

Something else just came to mind. At the start of the season, Aaron Lennon was always available in space buy noe he seems to be picked up a lot more. Shame for me but pretty realistic as he wad my main point of attack.

Cheers lads!

Continued my good run and scraped out a good 2-1 win against Chelsea but then had Liverpool away and got battered 3-1 :(

Really appreciating the game now and loving it. Top Player and 15 mins is just right really and every game is tense enough to keep you interested.

Something else just came to mind. At the start of the season, Aaron Lennon was always available in space buy noe he seems to be picked up a lot more. Shame for me but pretty realistic as he wad my main point of attack.

Thats the Teamvision 2 thing Dags, it's happened to me so many times I have lost count, especially after you go on a decent run. The CPU makes you reinvent yourself as what was once working, now doesnt, very clever, but it pisses you off.:LOL:

How come your not Liverpool by the way in your ML ? Is it out of disgust at their current form ? My brother is a life-long Liverpool fan and fanatical about them, he is going through a tough time right now.

It's just I have some unbelievable chants for Liverpool that really make Anfield come alive if you want them. The Gerrard and more so the Torres chants are fucking awesome.

If your player is on a Purple form arrow by the way, dont play him, it's pointless. You can get away with a 'Blue' with the top players, but Purple is a definate no-go.

Also, if your players yellow bar is full it just mean he is gaining as much stats as he can from game to game. This usually happens throughout the players 'Peaking' years, and more so if he is playing well.

I find that some of my players stats are no longer increasing at 25 years old. Unless they play European games to gain experience. Playing your kids in Europe brings them on leaps and bounds. Once the stats stop increasing at a decent rate, it's then you should start to train them on the Player Cards. The Passer playing card and First Touch Player cards are awesome for your players. I guess though playing with Spurs alot of your players may already have these. You probably have Level 5 Scout's, Doctors, Coaches, etc etc I would imagine ? Of that I can only dream ..... :CONFUSE:

Keep an eye on your Youth Academey as well, you should have a Level 5 Youth Team Coach and you will get a 'superkid' coming through before too long. ;)

Last edited:
In my ML, every player who's 20 years old doesn't develop. In fact, its the opposite. Is that a bug?

In my ML, every player who's 20 years old doesn't develop. In fact, its the opposite. Is that a bug?

Maybe, although I have 20 year olds that develop mate. They must have their 'Peaking' years set to later in their career. Every player is different in that regard.

thx for the fake cross hint lol
now i can do fake shots, fake passes and fake crosses?!

:P

Started an ML as Tottenham on Top Player and lost my first game to Man City 2-0. I just couldn't deal with the pace of SWP and Tevez and they were by far the better team.

Since then though, I've beaten Nottingham Forest 3-0 and then Blackburn away 3-1 so quite pleased with the response :) Signed a young left winger named Drazan from Rapid Vienna, rated at 67, so looking forward to giving him some games on the left wing.

Got a few dilemmas up front as Defoe is superb, scoring two goals. Crouch obviously has a few positives with his height being the main one although he hasn't scored yet. Pavlyuchenko is also yet to score and Gudjohnsen was unhappy at not getting chances so played him against Blackburn and he scored :) So not sure how the season will pan out with regards to my main pairing.

Try changing your CB's player cards to defensive instead of balanced. This will give you an extra yard of breathing space against the faster players.

Maybe, although I have 20 year olds that develop mate. They must have their 'Peaking' years set to later in their career. Every player is different in that regard.

I have about 5 of them in my team and all exactly 20. And all worsen.

Btw, does anyone make use of the assisted settings? I think they come in quite handy.

Thats the Teamvision 2 thing Dags, it's happened to me so many times I have lost count, especially after you go on a decent run. The CPU makes you reinvent yourself as what was once working, now doesnt, very clever, but it pisses you off.:LOL:

How come your not Liverpool by the way in your ML ? Is it out of disgust at their current form ? My brother is a life-long Liverpool fan and fanatical about them, he is going through a tough time right now.

It's just I have some unbelievable chants for Liverpool that really make Anfield come alive if you want them. The Gerrard and more so the Torres chants are fucking awesome.

If your player is on a Purple form arrow by the way, dont play him, it's pointless. You can get away with a 'Blue' with the top players, but Purple is a definate no-go.

Also, if your players yellow bar is full it just mean he is gaining as much stats as he can from game to game. This usually happens throughout the players 'Peaking' years, and more so if he is playing well.

I find that some of my players stats are no longer increasing at 25 years old. Unless they play European games to gain experience. Playing your kids in Europe brings them on leaps and bounds. Once the stats stop increasing at a decent rate, it's then you should start to train them on the Player Cards. The Passer playing card and First Touch Player cards are awesome for your players. I guess though playing with Spurs alot of your players may already have these. You probably have Level 5 Scout's, Doctors, Coaches, etc etc I would imagine ? Of that I can only dream ..... :CONFUSE:

Keep an eye on your Youth Academey as well, you should have a Level 5 Youth Team Coach and you will get a 'superkid' coming through before too long. ;)

Decided to go Spurs as I fancied something different but I think I might actually start a new ML and choose Liverpool instead, I feel a bit dirty choosing a different team :LOL:

I'm playing on the PC now, decided to post in here regardless though as it's a good thread :) Using the Smoke patch so the game's pretty spot on now with regards to atmosphere and option file :) It doesn't run as well as the console versions do (my laptop doesn't have a dedicated gfx card) but it still plays a good game and it's worth the drop in gfx for the customisation allowed on the PC.

I pretty much don't play anyone unless they're on a green arrow (->) unless I really have nobody else to play that position. I guess having a squad like Spurs (and Liverpool shortly), I've got a large enough squad that I don't have to worry about out-of-form players and can use a squad effectively.

Is there a way of setting "quick tactics"? The sliders are great and all but it's a pain to go in 2-3 times a match just to fiddle with the sliders, then go back in and the scoreline changes, so you go back and adjust the sliders again. Kinda ruins the flow of the game.

I need to actually sit down with the player cards and have a look at those, and look at the players stats and work out good systems. I generally just keep the default formation and usually the same tactics/sliders and only really adjust them if I'm being hammered during a game or I notice that the opposition is playing without wingers so I adjust the sliders so we play a wider formation.

Is there a really good, in-depth ML guide anywhere? Or maybe not specifically ML but one that breaks down things like the player stats and what they mean exactly (things like Form - 5), kind of a newbie guide?

Decided to go Spurs as I fancied something different but I think I might actually start a new ML and choose Liverpool instead, I feel a bit dirty choosing a different team :LOL:

I'm playing on the PC now, decided to post in here regardless though as it's a good thread :) Using the Smoke patch so the game's pretty spot on now with regards to atmosphere and option file :) It doesn't run as well as the console versions do (my laptop doesn't have a dedicated gfx card) but it still plays a good game and it's worth the drop in gfx for the customisation allowed on the PC.

I pretty much don't play anyone unless they're on a green arrow (->) unless I really have nobody else to play that position. I guess having a squad like Spurs (and Liverpool shortly), I've got a large enough squad that I don't have to worry about out-of-form players and can use a squad effectively.

Is there a way of setting "quick tactics"? The sliders are great and all but it's a pain to go in 2-3 times a match just to fiddle with the sliders, then go back in and the scoreline changes, so you go back and adjust the sliders again. Kinda ruins the flow of the game.

I need to actually sit down with the player cards and have a look at those, and look at the players stats and work out good systems. I generally just keep the default formation and usually the same tactics/sliders and only really adjust them if I'm being hammered during a game or I notice that the opposition is playing without wingers so I adjust the sliders so we play a wider formation.

Is there a really good, in-depth ML guide anywhere? Or maybe not specifically ML but one that breaks down things like the player stats and what they mean exactly (things like Form - 5), kind of a newbie guide?

The sliders are generally set to the specific team, Liverpool as an example have a high pressing as standard, 70% I think. It's worth tinkering with all of them until you find the ones that work for the style of play you prefer to adopt.

You can have 2 custom settings, formations, sliders incorporated that you can change during the game on the fly. Also, the tactics can be assigned and changed on the fly using L2 and which ever button you have set. I have L2 + 0 for All Out Defence, L2 + X for Pressure, L2 + Square for All Out Attack and L2 + Triangle for Counter. I just keep switching on the fly as the game unfolds.

As much as I love playing at Anfield for the atmosphere, I find Liverpool a very hard team to break down, and they close you down in packs, you need width against them to get anywhere. But then you have Gerrard and Nando that can kill you in the blink of an eye, as can Aquilani, whose stats improve at a very very high rate by the way.

Form 5 means their consistency with the Form Arrows will generally be just over average. I think the Form stat is from 1-8. Although a player that has a good game will usually have a better Form arrow for the next game.

Not sure about a noob ML guide, but just fire me some questions, I should be able to answer them for you. I'm an anorak when it comes to PES. Not that you needed telling. :CONFUSE:

I always search for South American players as a rule, as they all have a higher technique level as standard which makes their first touch usually very sound. Also, when you choose Liverpool make sure you check every player and what Player Cards they have, and if they are turned on or off. Understanding each player like the back of your hand makes PES much easier to play. Always check their weak foot accuracy and usage, then you know when your creating space for the shot whether you need to come back on the favoured foot on not for the cleaner strike. The same goes for passing, just make sure your body angle is correct, and you will get more success if the player uses his stronger foot.

A fake shot will usually bring the ball back onto the players favoured foot as long as you aim in the direction you want when you perform it.

I love the way the through ball is in PES 2010, it's bar far the best way they have ever done it. It's all down to split second timing like real life, and obviously someone like Stevie G will weight his perfectly if you time the pass with the run. If you miss the window though, the opportunity has gone. Thats one of the most realistic aspects of PES 2010 for me. No longer does a through ball just find it's man, all the correct real life variables need to be in place.

The PS3 version is really good as well once option filed up, although I guess nothing beats the PC version for a complete patch all-round.

Last edited:

Try assisted settings mate. When I can't be bothered I just use them. I like to consider assisted settings my Personal Assistant :COOL:

Just finished my Europa League final group game in Rome, and jeez I think I have just evoked every football related emotion known to man :SHOCK:

WOW !! That felt like the most intense 15 minutes of my life !! :WOOT:

Ok, little update. Played Portsmouth at home and beat them 2-0 with my usual 4-3-1-2 formation. Emnes was still injured, Libano was on a Blue, Johnson on Red, and Sane on a Purple. I swear Sane must be having some women trouble as his form has been shit of late, I think he's drinking himself stupid. :WASTED:

Started with Jakubo my hero youth player from the last game, I thought he deserved it with Lita who was on another Red, he's happy as a pig in shit at the minute. We won 2-0, dominated the game, Lita got the first, 25 yarder into the bottom corner off a short simple pass from Jakubo. Then Johnson skipped past 2 players and buried it in the bottom far corner with his left peg, back across the keeper.

Next up West Ham away and Emnes returns from injury. A close tight game that ended 1-1, West Ham went 1-0 up then Emnes showed us what we had missed with a trademark 30 yard screamer to make it 1-1. Fairly dull game to be honest, next up Rome ... :WOOT:

I beat Roma 5-1 last time at home using the 4-3-1-2 formation, but needing two clear goals to go through I opted to go 3-3-1-3 from the offset looking for the goals. It wasnt working very well and I hadnt created many chances before Roma scored with 43 minutes gone. I was tense, gutted, and realised that my Europa Cup dream was as good as over. I thought of going 4-3-1-2 at half time but stayed with the 3-3-1-3 formation just changed around a few players.

Lita had a stinker first half up front on the right, isnt at European level and it showed.So I made Emnes a RWF and took Libano off the right wing and gave him Emnes AMF role and brought on Pilyev on the right wing and took off Lita. After 50 minutes Libano struck a volley from the edge of the box that flew in the top corner. 1-1 on the night but I still needed two clear goals. Within 5 Minutes Emnes played a 1-2 with Iquanta on the half way line and was put through on goal, his pace and power held off the defender and he slotted it into the far corner from 5 yards out.

2-1 Boro :WOOT:.

Surely it couldnt happen ? Could it ? :RSCARF:

The next 20 minutes were tense, with both teams coming close, and a brilliant point blank save with his knee from Marinelli to keep us in the game. With 80 minutes gone I was shitting myself. A ball sprayed out to Johnson saw him fake cross to trick Roma's RB, giving him the space to whip in the cross. Emnes connected but the Roma keeper saved it from 5 yards out point blank range, but the rebound fell to Sane who tapped it in to make it 3-1. :WOOT:

I was jumping around the front room, you fucking beauty, but the game wasnt over yet.

I switched back to 4-3-1-2 and set all the player cards to defensive bar the two strikers. I applied the pressing and all out defence tactic as I looked to hold on. I kept the ball as much as I could and played down the clock, but not before Roma scared the shit out of me with two very close shots that just fizzed past the post, although I think Marinelli might have had them covered anyway. What a game, what a win, what a tactical change, what a massively rewarding experience. Class. 'He who dares Rodders, he who dares .......' :LOL:

So, the last 32 here we come .......

Last edited:
I was jumping around the front room, you fucking beauty, but the game wasnt over yet.

What a game, what a win, what a tactical change, what a massively rewarding experience. Class. 'He who dares Rodders, he who dares .......' :LOL:

So, the last 16 here we come .......

:SMUG:

Loving Master League at the moment, and will likely play until I've got the PSN trophys related to it (except 10 years service trophy probably).

However... there are other PS3 games I want to play... and they are piling up... (Batman, Wet, Street Fighter IV, God of War III), so I got Pro Evo 2010 PSP, to absorb my footy time on the bus on the way to work... :-)

@ jimmy
i always set CB to defensiv, its a must !
SB balanced, DMF defensiv, CM balanced
SMFs balanced in a 4-4-2 is good against 4-3-3 e.g.

what i found out lately is that some keepers benefit from offensive card.
like cesar, good and modern keepers..
good against this long tru balls from the cpu

@ jimmy
i always set CB to defensiv, its a must !
SB balanced, DMF defensiv, CM balanced
SMFs balanced in a 4-4-2 is good against 4-3-3 e.g.

what i found out lately is that some keepers benefit from offensive card.
like cesar, good and modern keepers..
good against this long tru balls from the cpu

Nice tip bud, I will try that, thanks. ;)

hehe...............well done Jimmy.

Find myself in a good position in the CL, top of the league and only need one more win and I'm through, maybe even make it with a draw dependant on other results.

Last game saw me beat Fenerbahce away from home 7-1, was up 7-0 at half-time.

4 points ahead of Ajax in the league still.

Still want to bring in some players, however I may have to sell one of my stars as big bids are coming in. My super goalie Nikolaos I've already rejected 2 bids, £25m and £31m, although I have now said to Real if they want him they can have him for £41m. I'll be sad to see him go, but seems a bit realistic little old Rodos rejecting everything that comes our way and his form is always purple and I'm sure his loyalty is a tad smashed now.

FD

Hello, just joined. Been playing master league as Everton. Managed to stay in the top half of the table for the last three seasons. On my fourth season I just went through it using the coaching option. Surprisingly it was my best season. Finshing eighth and qualifying for the Europa league.

Doing it this way I noticed that I couldn't monitor the scoring records of my players. Eventhough I was winning matches I didn't know who was scoring. Is there a menu that shows you theses stats? I can't seem to find one.
In the last two seasons Pienaar has made it into the overall best 11 due to his assists. However I'll be damned if I know how many goals he has scored.How do I check this?
Thanks

Last edited:
For the current season, try in Office > My Team menu and keep pressing L2/R2.

Though, I'm not sure if the figures you'll see represent no. of goals/assist for the league only or an aggregate for all competitions in the current season (league and cup and CL/EL).

Back
Top Bottom