PES 2010 Masterleague

You have been Teamvision 2'ed mate by the sound of it. It's no coincidence that this happens, no matter how many PES haters claim this feature is purely hype. The CPU really does work you out and adapt accordingly. I have mentioned this so many time in this thread. You need to keep changing your style of play to keep the CPU on its toes, especially on Top Player and Pro.

Well that season I completely changed my team from a very good squad to a bunch of youth players, my average team rating went from around 90 to 65-70. I didn't have enough subs to change games, as I was only using youth players and I had about 14 youth players. So it was very hard to do anything.

I was lucky to go on a run of 15+ games in the league without defeat which put me in the running for the title, I shouldn't have been capable of such a run but things went right for me and I got a lot of 1-0 wins. In the end things went wrong and my team seemed really tired. The only thing that really peeved me off was the blatant offside goal that was allowed against me, literally 5 yards offside... clear as day, straight back 4, striker 5 yards past them :CONFUSE:

Got 8-9 new youth players for this season and currently sit top of the league by 10 points. Out the cup to Chelsea and into the quarters in the Champs League. Got a better striker this season which has helped a lot. Will sell a few youth players soon as 2-3 have now reached 90+. Will have 10 new youth players coming in next season! Wooooo!

Well that season I completely changed my team from a very good squad to a bunch of youth players, my average team rating went from around 90 to 65-70. I didn't have enough subs to change games, as I was only using youth players and I had about 14 youth players. So it was very hard to do anything.

I was lucky to go on a run of 15+ games in the league without defeat which put me in the running for the title, I shouldn't have been capable of such a run but things went right for me and I got a lot of 1-0 wins. In the end things went wrong and my team seemed really tired. The only thing that really peeved me off was the blatant offside goal that was allowed against me, literally 5 yards offside... clear as day, straight back 4, striker 5 yards past them :CONFUSE:

Got 8-9 new youth players for this season and currently sit top of the league by 10 points. Out the cup to Chelsea and into the quarters in the Champs League. Got a better striker this season which has helped a lot. Will sell a few youth players soon as 2-3 have now reached 90+. Will have 10 new youth players coming in next season! Wooooo!

You see I love that kind of stuff, in fact I would love to see more of this type of stuff happening. It adds to the realism, refs in real life are only human, and subsequently prone to human error. I wish more of these type of instances occured, even if it was against me.

I love bad first touches in PES 2010, I love over-hit through balls by players that are not known for their passing, I love to see a player with a bad poor other foot blast the ball high and wide. I love all the things that dont work as much as their opposites that do. Thats football, and that is what Konami understand so much better than anyone one else, and always will in my opinion. A true simulation.

You guys got any tips for a long and fruitful master league campaign? I need something to do until the next one comes out...

i.e playing only 20 mins on top player (supposed to improve the difficulty)

if only i could get that gameplay patch chimps with quiffs is doing to work...

You see I love that kind of stuff, in fact I would love to see more of this type of stuff happening. It adds to the realism, refs in real life are only human, and subsequently prone to human error. I wish more of these type of instances occured, even if it was against me.

I love bad first touches in PES 2010, I love over-hit through balls by players that are not known for their passing, I love to see a player with a bad poor other foot blast the ball high and wide. I love all the things that dont work as much as their opposites that do. Thats football, and that is what Konami understand so much better than anyone one else, and always will in my opinion. A true simulation.

it would be a simulation if it happens by the game itself, outa the physic engine, and not of a cpu intervention when it feels right to do it..

i could write a LOT of those situations, its obvios n has nothin to do whit a simulaton, its funny how u turn things pro konami

its your opinion but pls stop turn it pro konami all the time
why for ?
its useless

it would be a simulation if it happens by the game itself, outa the physic engine, and not of a cpu intervention when it feels right to do it..

i could write a LOT of those situations, its obvios n has nothin to do whit a simulaton, its funny how u turn things pro konami

its your opinion but pls stop turn it pro konami all the time
why for ?
its useless

It's called randomness, you cant get your own way all the time. Football is a simple game based around angles and percentages. This is a video game, it isnt real, therefore there has to be a CPU intervention. If not, you end up getting a Fifa style fully assisted scenario. Every pass is perfect, every wrong foot as is good as the favoured. Every player has the same abilities as the next. Every player has the same first touch. I'm not trying to be Pro Konami, I'm highlighting the fact, no matter which way you look at it, they produce a game of football in which no game is EVER the same. Credit where credit is due. This is football.

There is an age old adage within the game, 'There are no guarantees in Football'.

This means that nothing is certain. What you have is percentage ratios of positive outcomes based upon an infinite variety of variables. For example, Torres will most likely score 7 times out of 10 in a one on one situation. This percentage is made of his consistency, form, ability etc etc etc. Consistency is based on his ability, which is then split into many different variables regards his technique. His posture, his balance, his timing, his accuracy, his power, his ability to create the yard of space in order to give himself the best possible chance of the clean strike, also known as the first touch.

Shooting with Torres with the ball within his feet, i.e, he has to dig the ball out, as its not in the best possible position for the purest strike, will have a much better percentage of hitting the target then a lesser player. The percentage of success for Torres is raised due to his ability that is factored around so many different areas.

The same rule appplies for every player in every position. Konami does this very well, no matter which way they programme this to work, it works. And as a footballer playing a game, I cannot ask for anymore than that. If I play the game in the way I expect natural physics to work in real life, then PES gives me the outcome. Although varied in the outcome, the percentage of success is factored into the player in question.

Alan Hansen has the catchphrase, "Play your percentages". What he means is, ultilise your teams strengths, utilise your individual players strengths and be fully aware of their weaknessess. Play the more simple approach and you will give yourself the best chance. PES recreates this, especially if you play it the correct way. Alot of this is because every single player in PES is completely different to the next. This ensures that no team ever plays the same way. This is a simulation. CPU intervention or not, it's a video game, and it recreates football very, very accurately.

Another example, the percentage of John Terry completing a 40 yard lobbed through ball is probably around 30% with all the correct factors in place. I.E. He has time on the ball, the ball is out of his feet, his posture is correct, the timing of the run he is aiming to complete the pass to. Put Terry under pressure and add the fact its on his lesser foot, or his favoured foot, but with the ball not completely out of his feet, or with him not facing the right direction and the percentage falls to 5% at best. He doesnt have the technique in these areas to complete this pass.

Replace the scenario with Deco in PES and its a completely different outcome. The first instance would more than likely give Deco a 80% chance of completing the pass with the same factors correct. And probably due to his passing ability, technique, etc etc etc, the second instance would more than likely be 50% probable success. This happens in PES, it doesnt happpen in Fifa, hence the simulation quote I made. PES 2010's biggest new feature that has such a massive emphasis on the basis of the football played in both the game and real life, is the 1st touch. I have mentioned this since the demo, it's huge, but I think its been massively overlooked by the casual fan, or players that are not full appreciative of just how important this is in real life.

I see PES and Fifa like Forza and PGR and Vegas 6 and COD. 3 games, the same genre, but all 3 different based on the audience they attract. One type are simulated, the other are arcade. And that isnt meant to be a dig at PGR, COD or Fifa, it's just a different style of approach. You play whichever you prefer, there is no right or wrong answer, it's whatever floats your boat. For me personally, I'm a PES, Forza and Vegas man. I know Konami can improve the ref's, animations etc etc, but I like to appreciate what they fundementally do very, very well, if that makes me Pro Konami, then so be it. Nothing is perfect, nothing will ever be. I accept that, and I'm just thankful for what we have. Konami are certainly back on the right track, back to their simulated roots.

Anyway, back on topic.

With 4 games left of the season I was lying in 7th place, needing 9 points out of the possible 12 to have any chance of a Champions League spot. A 2-0 defeat away to Aston Villa wasnt the best start. I had a lot of the game but just couldnt score, I deserved at least a point, but hey, this is football and you dont always get what you deserve. I then had Blackburn at home. I went 2-0 up within 30 minutes and looked to be cruising with my favoured 4-3-1-2 formation. Blackburn pulled one back after the break, and it was an edgy finish to the game, I hung on to win 2-1. All the teams above me either lost or drew, all against lesser teams. At last there was hope. My next game was away to Liverpool. Ouch. I have never ever beaten Liverpool on Top Player with my Boro side so this was massive.

I thought long and hard about which tactics and formation to use. I opted for my favoured 4-3-1-2 as opposed to my 3-3-1-3 attacking formation. Both formations I play with attack support on 80, pressing on 40, width very high and always looking to counter with the wide players and AMF's player cards set to attacking. My favoured 4-3-1-2 works for me on a footballing front as every player I have is trained for his specific role. They all have their own attributes that are needed within the position they adopt. Liverpool press hard and look to smother you, hence my width. Within 10 minutes Gerrard hit a screamer and I was 1-0 down, never give Stevie the room for a clean strike unless the percentages are high he will hit the target, or even worse, score. He did. Fucker !!.

I then changed straight to my 3-3-1-2 formation. A perfectly weighted through ball put in Torres who did what you would expect, I was 2-0 down with 20 minutes gone, not good. I then started to play football and use my width and attacked with my strengths. I brought on Gil, a striker that is strong and good in the air, my tactic was to draw Liverpool in, play quick passes, switch flanks, and get some good service in from Adam Johnson on the left wing. I scored my first using my new formation and tactics brilliantly. I ripped Liverpool apart, a ball from the left drilled low and hard saw Sane grab a much needed first. Another similiar move saw me equalise with a Gil header just before half-time. I was very happy, things were working to plan. With 60 minutes played another beautifully crafted passing move involving at least 8 passses saw me open up Liverpool and a cracking drive from Emnes in the AMF role, made it 3-2 to me. The change in personnel,tactics, formation and strategy had turned the game on its head.

I then got caught in two minds. Do I revert back to 4-3-1-2 and look to hold out for the win by getting all my men behind the ball for the last 30 minutes, or keep attacking. I opted to keep attacking, looking for that precious goal as a cushion. Wrong choice of tactic. Liverpool broke on the counter, Gerrard put in Babel who scored to make it 3-3-. Within 5 minutes Liverpool broke again, this time Quaresma put through on goal by Gerrard to make it 4-3 Liverpool. I had another 2 chances to equalise, but it wasnt to be. Liverpool won 4-3. I regretted my decision not to change formation and tactics, but shit happens, as the Champions League dream fell by the wayside.

My last game now is against West Ham at home, I just need to win to qualify for the Europa League and pip Sunderland to 7th spot.

I will play that game tonight. Fingers crossed, but I will be going 3-3-1-2 from the outset, it's shit or bust time.

Last edited:
Are you playing with any edited stats or gameplan things? You seem to be loving it... don't get me wrong i enjoy it but i'm still drawn to playing PES6 more often than PES 2010??

Are you playing with any edited stats or gameplan things? You seem to be loving it... don't get me wrong i enjoy it but i'm still drawn to playing PES6 more often than PES 2010??

I'm playing on the PS3 with the Championship option file and all the chants and stuff. It's fully loaded. Just need to add Chimps and Gerds patch now. PES 6 for me was when Konami started going with the more arcade approach. For me personally, I have to put alot more thought into PES 2010 to play the football I want to achieve. So many more variables need to be taken into consideration now, and I like that. It's more like PES4/5 for me, but still much better, in my opinion. Plus I have sooooooo much more control of my team mates in PES 2010 than I ever had in any previous PES game. The player individuality it by far at its highest ever to date for me, as is the tactics and options available.

Last edited:
Cool can you give me any hints on tactics and options etc. Also could you link me to that Option file with the chants and things... would be awesome!

@ jimmy

ur called randomness is not done whit the word by itself, he misses coz he stood in a false angle etc., its not random, it was a "mistake".
then u say percentages, first u say randomness then percentages
so u take the "randomness" (mistakes) and pack them into a statistic parameter where the game kicks them out, so basically where it NEEDS to be kicked out, n thats the problem
if i did a mistake there should be one, not random

thats why there shouldnt be a intervention by the cpu
the cpu should just make the frame, in wich then i can make the mistakes or not
frame whit parameters like: fittnes and player abilities, but when i make a perfect timed pass whit terry this pass needs to be good for a terry pass u know ?

so why would be all the same ?
its just wrong

the whole rest of ur text is based on this percentage crap so i just refer to the first paragraph

n u should stop refer to fifa they did it wrong n thats why there isnt player individuality
quite some aspiration by myself maybe, to do this in one year or such, but thats to aim for

edit:
oh but i agree on teamvision, its there n works :p

Last edited:
I wish playing 10 min matches wasn't so dire... 20 minutes matches are amazing but doing a masterleague with 20 minute matches with most games ending with really high scores is a bit poo

@ jimmy

ur called randomness is not done whit the word by itself, he misses coz he stood in a false angle etc., its not random, it was a "mistake".
then u say percentages, first u say randomness then percentages
so u take the "randomness" (mistakes) and pack them into a statistic parameter where the game kicks them out, so basically where it NEEDS to be kicked out, n thats the problem
if i did a mistake there should be one, not random

thats why there shouldnt be a intervention by the cpu
the cpu should just make the frame, in wich then i can make the mistakes or not
frame whit parameters like: fittnes and player abilities, but when i make a perfect timed pass whit terry this pass needs to be good for a terry pass u know ?

so why would be all the same ?
its just wrong

the whole rest of ur text is based on this percentage crap so i just refer to the first paragraph

n u should stop refer to fifa they did it wrong n thats why there isnt player individuality
quite some aspiration by myself maybe, to do this in one year or such, but thats to aim for

edit:
oh but i agree on teamvision, its there n works :p

I'm highlighting how the game works, and thats how it is.

I'm sure alot has been lost in translation. :CONFUSE:

yes, n im highlighting how it should work :BOP:

edit:

first u wrote its a simulation, then u write u highl.. how it works
but how it works its not a simulation
it would be a sim. if it would work like i wrote

Last edited:
Cool can you give me any hints on tactics and options etc. Also could you link me to that Option file with the chants and things... would be awesome!

It all depends on what tactics and formation you prefer to play with bud. You need to tinker around with the sliders to see what suits you best. I prefer to play wide, with little close support. I always play low pressing, but high player advancement for the quick counters. I prefer to sit back and intercept the ball the use the space and the full width of the pitch, and make my players break in waves.

Then I have a defensive minded game for when I'm ahead in important games, and also a really attacking style for when I'm going all out for a goal.

Chants and Championship options files are on this page ...

http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=300&order=desc&page=2

Last edited:
Moving along the league well, also sitting in 2nd place in the CL behind Lille who beat me in the head-to-head, along with Lyon who I beat. Fenerbahce are bottom with 0 points, although I face them away from home, so hopefully will get a win to put me in a strong position.

4 points ahead in the league although very early days.

Looking to bring in some defensive players to the team, have brough in experienced player Olinfijani (sp?) who can come in at centre half and centre midfield, the wrong side of 30, but should come in and provide some much needed cover in those areas.

Also starting to get some players re-positioned, Espimas is now a SB also, so that will be helpful.

FD

Stupid questions, but...

If you play PES 6 these days, do you use an updated option file?

Are you just firing it up out of "old times sake"...? or do you have a epic Master League Team you keep going with (my PSP 2008 Pro Evo Master League Team will be hard for me to equal in it's prime for example...)

I started a Master League with Arsenal the other day, I play on Xbox 360. Made it to the Champions League group stages after a last gasp win in Shakhtar. Been doing pretty poor in the Premiership though, after 7 games we are 12th. Already a big gap off the leaders. Lost 2-1 to Stoke last night after being 1-0 up which was annoying. At least my goal was a goodun though:

YouTube - Van Persie Rocket

I started a Master League with Arsenal the other day, I play on Xbox 360. Made it to the Champions League group stages after a last gasp win in Shakhtar. Been doing pretty poor in the Premiership though, after 7 games we are 12th. Already a big gap off the leaders. Lost 2-1 to Stoke last night after being 1-0 up which was annoying. At least my goal was a goodun though:

YouTube - Van Persie Rocket

I'm the same, I cant buy a win at the minute and it's seriously pissing me off. I lost a 2-0 lead to Chelsea and Spurs to end up with a point, but really 2 points were lost in both matches in the 88th minute. My defence is the problem, I'm Boro and only Wheater is really any good. My keeper is a kid, as are my other back 3. Their response stat is pretty low, and they just dont seem to read the game. I was hoping I could succeed with kids at the back, but I think I need to invest in an old head to steady the ship back there.

I'm the same, I cant buy a win at the minute and it's seriously pissing me off. I lost a 2-0 lead to Chelsea and Spurs to end up with a point, but really 2 points were lost in both matches in the 88th minute. My defence is the problem, I'm Boro and only Wheater is really any good. My keeper is a kid, as are my other back 3. Their response stat is pretty low, and they just dont seem to read the game. I was hoping I could succeed with kids at the back, but I think I need to invest in an old head to steady the ship back there.

jimmy our finished gameplay file is out now ,you should check it out in the option file section

hi guys just started a ML with NO player development and NO classic players

My team : Leicester City ( division 2)
Difficulty : Professional
Transfers : Sold one forward for 85,000 Euro ( he was very weak and desperate)
Duration : 15 minutes
Division 1 : English Premier League

My Objectives :
- I will not play another ML for the rest of the year
- I will have to win at least one Champions League before PES 2011 hits
- My average team's over all ratings is 54, I want buy good players
- I want to make "All-star French team" ( optional ) ( henry, pires,Benzema, makalele,etc)

My Questions :

1) Will I be able to achieve the above?
2) Will it be interesting to play with Player development off? Because I do not believe that players develop properly. They overdevelop and make the game easy.
3) Since player development is off, all the players remain, no one retires and no reborn comes. ( i believe )
4) I play about 5 matches per day, will I be able to build up a good team worth playing in champions league in 5 seasons?

Last edited:
This year is a fair bit different to Master League form Pro Evo 2008 - I looked at my Expected Expenditure - Am I screwed..? :

Note: Custom Team Name, Logo, Strip etc, NOT an established club in the game - I checked using Chelsea and you get mega bucks, Level 5 Coaching Staff and skip Division 2.

(+) Started with 10 Million in Funds

(-) Players: 20 Million
(Is it salaries and the Inital Transfer fees (?) for starting with them, so next season is it cheaper if just salaries?)

(-) Coaches, Staff etc (All Level 1): 3 Million

so I'm (-) 13 Million overall, I have like 2 Million at the moment in the main game screen.

Fan Base is small - started at 10,000, now 12,000
We're 2nd in Division 2

Do I need a miracle sponsor to come along (or do you have to wait till end of season)?

Maybe win Division 2 to stand any chance of having funds for the following season...?

By the way - I put in my Become a Legend Player into my Master League team. I "published" (have not got game on, cant remember the menu) him to the edit data so he's a useable player in a Master League Team... You guys probably knew that though.

jimmy our finished gameplay file is out now ,you should check it out in the option file section

Nice! Can't wait to get my hands on this.

EDIT: Rapidshare not working for me. Can someone upload it somewhere else?

Last edited:
Jimmy the prog that resurrected pes for me is the kitserver and most importantly the SPEEDER....That regulates the speed of GAMEPLAY in the ENGINE....
Just try it on the PES PC version. As you know PES has the speed option deep in the code (KONAMI cares only about the speed loving Japanese market)...
EG when u get red card in BAL you can speed up the gameplay. Juce the kitserver maker found the code and now we can SLOW the gameplay to tolerant levels....

Someone said there was a Greek team patch, can anyone direct me to it, don't see it on here though?

FD

Back
Top Bottom