PES 2015 Master League Thread

promoted.jpg

Now that we have a better budget for the magazine :)
ligue1.png

Last edited:
^^^Nice writeup sonoman.

I thought Havenaar was Swedish, who played for the Swedish national team. Maybe I'm confusing him with another player who's half Asian half Japanese.

Good luck on your promotion season.

Mike is Dutch/Japanese, plays in Japan NT. Many people seem to like him in PES 2015, had him in PES 6 Master League once, guess I'll have to give him a go soon!

And ye sonoman, nice job with these graphics!

But for now it's Auxerre, end of fourth season is closing, I'm on 4th place after 29 games, fighting for CL spot with Lille, championship title is basically settled (PSG up front, then OM five points behind, and then me and Lille 12 points behind PSG).

Will post some screenshots later.

Mike is Dutch/Japanese, plays in Japan NT. Many people seem to like him in PES 2015, had him in PES 6 Master League once, guess I'll have to give him a go soon!

And ye sonoman, nice job with these graphics!

But for now it's Auxerre, end of fourth season is closing, I'm on 4th place after 29 games, fighting for CL spot with Lille, championship title is basically settled (PSG up front, then OM five points behind, and then me and Lille 12 points behind PSG).

Will post some screenshots later.

Hes quite okay, but i originally bought him, because i could afford him and he has a face. At the beginning of next season i try to purchase johannson from AZ. He seems to develop fast.

Started a ML with Cruzeiro last week(after 2 weeks of editing the brazilian league)... was just a test ML so i was messing with some stuff.. I sold my 3 best players(E.Ribeiro 13m, Goulart 12m and Lucas Silva 10m) to make some cash in, do u belive i could actually buy Luis Suarez to Cruzeiro? cost me a lot (62m) but still thats BS manm impossible irl...

turned off, and now started a real one with San Lorenzo, will keep in mind that transfers are way too easy to accomplish so ill try to keep as real as possible not going for big names with south american teams(unless theyre old and in decline).

Also, im almost in the end of 1st season and havent recived one single transfer offer(unless i transfer list the player)... is that a bug or just coencidence? (havent got any injuried players neither)

psgplayers.jpg

PSG players look on bewildered

(starting formation) RC Lens 1-0 Paris Saint-Germain F.C. (starting formation)

The first half was a bit boring, there wasn't any particular moments to mention. For the initial 45 minutes my team managed to contain PSG well. There wasn't a lot of chances being created, PSG had the majority of the possession and a couple of shots on target. I realised I couldn't breakthrough on goal attacking centrally, so decided to play wide. I had almost one chance on the right wing with Nomenjanahary, who looked good in the left of midfield, but nothing really materialised for us.

Things started got off to an unexpected start early in the second half. Chavarría fed the ball to Nomenjanahary, the Malagasy midfielder ran down the left flank, crossed the ball, which found Touzghar to head it past the keeper (1-0; 48'). I was shocked to be goal up! After this PSG expectedly became more urgent in attack. Ibrahimović had a good chance on goal but one of my CBs blocked his shot. Cyprien even had to make a professional foul on Cavani to sop him getting through on goal, resulting in a yellow card. They had more chances, but my defense stood firm. 70 minute into the second half I could have made it 2-0. On the right flank Cyprien setup Gbamin with an over the top through ball, the French U21 international dashed past Maxwell, sent a ground cross to an incoming Touzghar, who side footed it towards goal, Sirigu parried saved it, which bounded onto the striker's path, but the keeper saved his follow-up attempt. Another chance came a few minutes later. Kantari cleared the ball from penalty area and found Touzghar in PSG's half (I thought it was offside, but it wasn’t!), he ran past both Silva and Maxwell, into the penalty area, from the right he hit a sweet shot past keeper, which hit the left post, bounced through the goal line and onto the right post. This ball funnily slipped past the keeper, but luckily it found Matuidi to clear it away from an on rushing Chavarría. The PSG pressure wasn't ceasing. Decided to defend deep late in the game and keep the ball in my half. Lavezzi had a chance in the dying minutes where he dribbled past a couple of my players, pulled the trigger with his left foot, but keeper Riou got a hand to it, which luckily never rebounded of Kantari's foot into goal.

Man of the Match:
motm.png

So a surprisingly good start to the season. I could have even won 2 or 3 nil with the chances I had late in the game. Good performance, but I think I was lucky with this win, I expect things to be difficult for the rest of the season. However, good to start things off well.

Kantari cleared the ball from penalty area and found Touzghar in PSG's half (I thought it was offside, but it wasn’t!), he ran past both Silva and Maxwell, into the penalty area, from the right he hit a sweet shot past keeper, which hit the left post, bounced through the goal line and onto the right post. This ball funnily slipped past the keeper, but luckily it found Matuidi to clear it away from an on rushing Chavarría.

Here's the goal scoring opportunity I was talking about, which would have been a good goal, if it went in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-QFp5Oh5_o

Great result Stringer.
About that Suarez Cruzeiro transfer, it took Football Manager years to realize this: logical transfers. And this being the feature the community asked most for....not that simple it seems.

Puuh, i finished my first season with Mallorca on second place after a late winning streak. With 5 games left, i could have been in second or 5th place.

tabellemvd73qoshy.png

Havenaar finished with 21 goals and was topscorer and player of the season. Unfortunataly his abilities decrease, so i think he might not be good enough for "la liga".

kadertsi7y5r6h3.png

This is my squad at the end of the season. Im highly impressed with my midfield, because Hang and Jos just destroyed everything. Also, after a slow start Asensio start to heat up and finished with +3 points.

If you are in need of a left back, go for Guerreiro! Hes just phenomenal. Very quick on his feet and developing really fast! Reminds me of Alaba.

For the new season i can already announce a new signing from La Coruna. Ivan the terrible made it into my squad.

ivanr2mkqzvtl0.png

Started a ML with Cruzeiro last week(after 2 weeks of editing the brazilian league)... was just a test ML so i was messing with some stuff.. I sold my 3 best players(E.Ribeiro 13m, Goulart 12m and Lucas Silva 10m) to make some cash in, do u belive i could actually buy Luis Suarez to Cruzeiro? cost me a lot (62m) but still thats BS manm impossible irl...

i've never had more than 7 million in the budget playing as Gazélec, i like it that way, honestly

On the other hand, great result beating PSG Stringer!
i began winning the first 2 L1 games, and then PSG beat me 2-1 in a game that could've gone both ways to be honest..

I've noticed Havelaar's OVR to be 71 now, but he works as a great post player, he's behind Minandinho and Pujol at the CF spot though.
We'll see how the L1 season goes for Le Gaz, nice to have your input in here guys!

Guys, don't bother with OVRs at all. They mean nothing. I'm still not sure whether to focus on combined abilities or basic abilities though. Still, overall is...overrated :D

Ha Stinger, in my first season in L1 I also won my first game against PSG, 1:0 too. We should all make some sort of PSG-slayers club. :D

Also it's great to see how many people are playing Ligue 2, I guess it's since we all have no idea how things look like there and it's entirely new ML experience :)

EDIT:

If you are in need of a left back, go for Guerreiro! Hes just phenomenal. Very quick on his feet and developing really fast! Reminds me of Alaba.

Maybe we should make like a recommended ML players thread? Where everyone can submit their best ML players? You know what I mean you people.

______

Forgot to take screenshots of the table, damn :( I was racing with Lille for that third place, but they had terrible luck - PSG in 36th game, Lyon in 37th, one point of out six, GG...I hate Lille though! By far the only team I haven't beaten yet, so lucky lucky bastards!

Anyway, PSG had sth like 81, OM 76, Auxerre 74 - we got to Champions League! Other than that I am in charge of Poland NT, and even got offer from France after World Cup 2018 (Argentina 1 - 0 Spain in final, Ukraine on 4th place), but I was like naah mate, Poland for now.

In Coupe de France I faced OM in grand finale and won 1-0 after quite a thriller since I got stupid red card in 70th minute and I was defending desperately after that :D But we won, yay!

kp7uUKm.jpg

Now, transfers. Always check free agents on 23rd June guys, when transfer window opens. That's when players who haven't renewed their contracts leave their clubs and you can snatch some golden people out there. I feel like it's a bit too easy to be honest, just like it was in PES 6.

XZgewnW.jpg

From this starting eleven, only one players was in Auxerre originally (Donovan Leon, quality GK, and a captain), Conte, van Deelen and Huamantica were bought for money, the rest...were free agents...seriously! On top of that Grenier, Fischer, and Lazar Srpski Terminator were free agents too.

It's just too easy sometimes. Free agents are willing to join any club really, so it's piece of cake trying to sign them. If AI was trying to sign them initially too, then it would be much harder, but sadly that's not the case :(

Anyway, I switched to Superstar again before start of 2018/2019 as now I feel confident about it. I don't think I am capable of overthrowing PSG rule in league this year (they won every season of Ligue 1 in this ML, and Champions League in 17/18). But I have a spot in Champions League and hope to go as far as I can. In play-offs I got paired with Udine, 3:0 and 1:0, now I have a CL group with Chelsea, Benfica and Valencia afaik. Gonna be interesting.

But before CL qualifiers I faced my nemesis, PSG, in a French Super Cup final. On Superstar. Huamantica the Viceroy of Peru and Viktor Fischer obliterated Petrodollar Saint Germain 3:1 and we got our second trophy in this ML!

Y1qPLLt.jpg

I had a bad moment on Top Player, when I was winning but never really felt like I am playing quality football. It's different on Superstar, although I agree it can be unfair at times, it really takes some serious effort to go on a win streaks and build a superpowerful team. I was alternating between Top and Super through whole game, but now I feel like I can take it. Good, I want to try and make my next ML run into a video series and damn I gotta learn how to Superstar fast. Thankfully I am on my way.

Also guys, between the season on a club change day you can request a transfer to a different club, if they have no manager you might be hired. I guess that maybe once I overthrow PSG on this save I will try to take Milan and conquer Europe once again. It would be funny to face Auxerre in Champions League with a different club, seeing how your people are doing :(

Damn Master League is great.

Yeah free agents are littel bit to easy to get. i got dessena.
But where can you search for them? if i searched for players without contract there were just those shitty ML default players.

@Suarez transfer:

Its a video game. If someone wants to bulid his dream team with a brazilian team, wh not? No one forces you to make some kind of transfers. Its up to you if you play as realistic as it can be.

Last edited:
What a crazy transfer window.

kaderhos0x2pgei.png

I really wanted Johannson. After 5 rounds of hard negotiation i got him in excahnge of my hometown boy: right back Coeff and a shitload of money ( 4 Mio). Coeff was developing well but i was in need of a striker.

So at that time i had just little money left and i got jonathan on loan without an option to buy.

Dessena ,as i mentioned above, was a free agent. Last but not least i bought Jorgensen. Now i have a nice decent squad in my opinion. :APPLAUD:

First game of the season was a epic battle with villarreal. every team had more that 10 shots on goal :D. However it ended 1-1.

"Ivan the terrible" - lol, is that his nickname in real life? Good job getting promoted.

@Anjin, you should limit the number of free agents you buy per season. It's a minor flaw Konami can work on in the next iteration of the game (or even in a new patch, if that's possible). Anyways, I'm enjoying you're screenshots/writeups of your time with Auxerre.

Guy, I need help.

There's a pictograph of a pitch which highlights the positions a player can play in. It contains a bright colour indicating it's a favoured position and a dull colour indicating said player can play there, but not a favoured position.

However, what I want to know is how can I view the named positions (i.e. CB, CF, CMF and etc.) a player can play in? See screenshot below of what I'm referring to (circled in red).

positions.jpg

I can sometimes see it, but most of the time I can't. What can I do to see it?

@Retrogott3

I had Coeff (well, I still have him) and I hate him with passion :( I had high hopes for him, but he's just not doing it for me. His stats are more geared towards CB, but he's not CB sooo...well, crap.

@Stringer

To be honest you are right, but I always try to build my team with unwanted/unknwown/supposedly failed footballers. Why it's even worse than in PES 6 in fact is that in 6 you might not be able to sign a free agent, and here, every single of them is easy to sign for anyone, and AI doesn't even try to get them afaik.

But other than that, I like the way AI does transfers. In my game Welbeck went from Arsenal, to PSG, back to Man United : D rotfl.

@Retrogott3

I had Coeff (well, I still have him) and I hate him with passion :( I had high hopes for him, but he's just not doing it for me. His stats are more geared towards CB, but he's not CB sooo...well, crap.

well, yeah his abilities are more like a CB but he was my best player regarding overall rating. but im happy now with jonathan. He is much quicker than Coeff.

@Stringer (Bell?)

No Ivan the terrible was just a joke.

That sounds cool. :))

I dont like the AI transfers because one day after the transfer window, Porto pulled the release clause of Guerreiro for just 1,5 million.:CURSE:

At first, i thought this years master leauge would be bad, because apart from the transfer system theres nothing new. And the fact that you cant stop the time and it just stopps at the next event, sounded °°°° to me. But i have to say thta i really like the transfer system.
Sure the mode needs improvement here and there. I hope the development graph returns and the presentation could be much better, but playing Ml is more fun than i expected.

Thoroughly enjoying my ML with Le Havre.
My most enjoyable match was one i lost.
Played against second standing Troyes (i was first at that moment) and they scored after less than a minute. After 15 minutes, i was 1 man down after a second yellow for my young Argentinian CB Herrera (not my best transfer ever, this one, it seems).

Decided to go gung-ho and dominated Tryes totally, but just could'nt score. They had a few one-on-ones, but my GK was briljant. And then in the 85th minute they scored a second.

Somehow i could suddenly score and scored twice in very quick succession. Then i made the mistake to go for a third goal and Troyes had one last counter to win the match 2-3. That match was great fun, despite the result...

Next match was against L'OM for the Coupe de France. Match ended 2-2 after prolongations, but i scraped through with the penalties. Man of the match was Lémina, a player i have on loan from ... Marseille !

This game is great !

Does anyone know if its possible to set the 'In possession' and 'out of possession' formations as custom ones?

I have a formation I am using which involved editing the position of my players and I want to use that when I am in possession and a different edited formation when I am not is possession

I don´t use a totally diferent formation, but I do edit players position on the possession and out of posession. I´m pretty sure that you can edit each one as individual formations. As soon as your team looses possession, they will change to the respective formation.

Notice that some players can´t change their role unless your formation allows it. Ex, a 4-4-2 formation that will change to a 4-3-3 once in possession. You can´t just position one Midfielder on the attack and give him the CF role, it just wont let you. First, you have to change your possession formation to 4-3-3, and then you edit your player´s positions to your likings.

Hope I could explain my self...

I don´t use a totally diferent formation, but I do edit players position on the possession and out of posession. I´m pretty sure that you can edit each one as individual formations. As soon as your team looses possession, they will change to the respective formation.

Notice that some players can´t change their role unless your formation allows it. Ex, a 4-4-2 formation that will change to a 4-3-3 once in possession. You can´t just position one Midfielder on the attack and give him the CF role, it just wont let you. First, you have to change your possession formation to 4-3-3, and then you edit your player´s positions to your likings.

Hope I could explain my self...

Cheers, I will have a look tonight

I changed my formation to add another player upfront instead of 2 DM's and lost the next 4 games. The I realised that my other forward was playing as a DM and the formation I had set up and what appeared on the screen was being overridden by the fluid formation

I just finished my first season as Sochaux in league 2. Got promoted but was given no transfer budget except my gate earnings and league champion earnings which isn't enough. Is anyone having this issue. Isn't the club supposed to give the coach transfer budget besides gate earnings and money from winnings? I can't even buy players I want. My strategy is to buy top young talent ages 16 - 20, adding some 21 or 22 yrs old in the mix that I like. Never been a fan of buying start players. Always start ML with lower league teams whose jersey I like using their original line up then adding young players that I scouted. Any idea with this money issue

I just finished my first season as Sochaux in league 2. Got promoted but was given no transfer budget except my gate earnings and league champion earnings which isn't enough. Is anyone having this issue. Isn't the club supposed to give the coach transfer budget besides gate earnings and money from winnings? I can't even buy players I want. My strategy is to buy top young talent ages 16 - 20, adding some 21 or 22 yrs old in the mix that I like. Never been a fan of buying start players. Always start ML with lower league teams whose jersey I like using their original line up then adding young players that I scouted. Any idea with this money issue

I only buy young players like you too(I literally haven't used a star player in Master League since PES6)

Here's how I buy players this year, in the advanced search options look for young players with the "other" option on, I picked up 5 or 6 20 year old players on free transfers(just had to pay half season wages in January)to fill out my squad, each player is 73+ level.

There's a young Brazilian forward called Monama whos really fun to control who I'd recommend buying also.

You get absolutely destroyed in this game if you play too offensive

In previous PES incarnations I could play with 2 forwards and 2 wing forwards. I did this for a few games in the master league and lost everyone, some as complete hammerings

I then played the same games with 3-1-4-2 and stopped leaking goals and started winning

It just like real football, you can't leave spaces and need to win the midfield

You get absolutely destroyed in this game if you play too offensive

In previous PES incarnations I could play with 2 forwards and 2 wing forwards. I did this for a few games in the master league and lost everyone, some as complete hammerings

I then played the same games with 3-1-4-2 and stopped leaking goals and started winning

It just like real football, you can't leave spaces and need to win the midfield

Actually it depends. In my first season in Ligue 1 everyone was eager to attack me openly, but as my team rating went up and was at four stars last season many, many guys who season before that now really started holding their back and not risking annihilation at hands of my deadly offensive (only PSG has way better team stats than me really)

The leak point is true, but attacking one not neccesarily - I feel like it's going both ways and I really like it.

Personally I use 4-2-3-1 in PES 15. I was condifent with three defenders in PES 6 where side backs were just useless to me (running around the wing, being useful neither up front nor in back). But in PES 15 a good side-back can make a great difference really, dribble past one guy, play accurate one-two pass, in some best cases play amazing early cross during counterattack and just break the opponent.

To be honest, as for early crosses, I feel they are a tad OP at times. Something like throughballs in FIFA - ball moves on fast, your attacker reacts to it, but defender stands still and watches for a while, so if the ball makes it to the attacker, it's done.

EDIT:

Got promoted but was given no transfer budget except my gate earnings and league champion earnings which isn't enough. Is anyone having this issue. Isn't the club supposed to give the coach transfer budget besides gate earnings and money from winnings?

The problem is, that money in Ligue 2 (and any other second league I guess) is scarce. You will see a massive difference in Ligue 1. Gate receipts went from 300 to 600k per match for me.

But yeah, best way to build strong team quickly is to check for players who haven't renewed their contracts (winter transfer window) and free agents (summer).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom