PES 2015 Master League Thread

I only buy young players like you too(I literally haven't used a star player in Master League since PES6)

Here's how I buy players this year, in the advanced search options look for young players with the "other" option on, I picked up 5 or 6 20 year old players on free transfers(just had to pay half season wages in January)to fill out my squad, each player is 73+ level.

There's a young Brazilian forward called Monama whos really fun to control who I'd recommend buying also.
Ok I see. Which I knew this from the beginning. I got Monoma on my favorite list. Will try to sign him

Actually it depends. In my first season in Ligue 1 everyone was eager to attack me openly, but as my team rating went up and was at four stars last season many, many guys who season before that now really started holding their back and not risking annihilation at hands of my deadly offensive (only PSG has way better team stats than me really)

The leak point is true, but attacking one not neccesarily - I feel like it's going both ways and I really like it.

Personally I use 4-2-3-1 in PES 15. I was condifent with three defenders in PES 6 where side backs were just useless to me (running around the wing, being useful neither up front nor in back). But in PES 15 a good side-back can make a great difference really, dribble past one guy, play accurate one-two pass, in some best cases play amazing early cross during counterattack and just break the opponent.

To be honest, as for early crosses, I feel they are a tad OP at times. Something like throughballs in FIFA - ball moves on fast, your attacker reacts to it, but defender stands still and watches for a while, so if the ball makes it to the attacker, it's done.

EDIT:

The problem is, that money in Ligue 2 (and any other second league I guess) is scarce. You will see a massive difference in Ligue 1. Gate receipts went from 300 to 600k per match for me.

But yeah, best way to build strong team quickly is to check for players who haven't renewed their contracts (winter transfer window) and free agents (summer).
Noted. Thanks for the tip.

Last saturday i came home a bit drunk and wanted to play ML, and i hadn't turn my playstation on ever since.. afraid of the stupid things I could've done.

Well, the results are as dreadful as i expected :(
we tied to Metz and Monaco; and lost to St Etienne, Guingamp (twice: cup & league) and Nice. Only scored twice in 6 matches.

We were eliminated in the 1st Cup round and we're sitting 17th in our debut season in L1 after 9 matches.
I will never submit my beloved ML team to my drunk antics again

Last edited:
put up ML and gotta say this is maybe the best ever footy exp in gaming ever better than ps2 days...doing one on top player with real betis ahving some great games and so many leagues now its amazing..bit easy bu ti heard superstar is hard mmm

Last saturday i came home a bit drunk and wanted to play ML, and i hadn't turn my playstation on ever since.. afraid of the stupid things I could've done.

Well, the results are as dreadful as i expected :(
we tied to Metz and Monaco; and lost to St Etienne, Guingamp (twice: cup & league) and Nice. Only scored twice in 6 matches.

We were eliminated in the 1st Cup round and we're sitting 17th in our debut season in L1 after 9 matches.
I will never submit my beloved ML team to my drunk antics again

Ahahah, looks like a TV spot. "If you drink, don´t PES!!" Try it on the hangover though... Recovering on the couch while playing its much, much better loool.

About dificulty, I´m finaly moving to Top Player and its so much better! Now I can feel the pressing from CPU on the midfield. I lost my first match but it was rewarding. I actually dominated the full game but just couldn´t score, and the chances I got were only half chances, though they were many. All in all, great match and so much more tension!
Plus, I felt the CPU way more agressive, and some good timing, I feel I can start pulling more fouls from the opponent.

I have had some brilliant games. I think this is a giant leap forward from 2014.

I think people that think its 2014 haven't played the game enough. There has been no football game where you have needed to get your tactics right or you get stuffed to this level before.

It's very realistic

Only thing I want fixed is the stamina problem. I even have to rest my keepers

the only way this games resembles 2014 is about the generic faces for non-famous players.
This game is fantastic and Top Player is the right difficulty for me, ML is really addictive this time.. i just wish we could choose who we play in our friendly matches, but oh well.
I even liked the stamina system, makes you think about your game strategy since you can't be pressing/running all match long.
In PES2014 i played an entire season with the same lineup, no injuries, no suspended players, it didnt even matter about the condition arrows. Now i usually preset my lineup either by ability or form (and from there then i make some changes manually, to both lineup and bench), this way the whole squad rotates and i set the substitutions to be flexible (auto). I'm curious, do you guys use this settings?

Anyway, after the terrible streak Gazélec recently had, yesterday I played 6 matches (5 wins, 1 tie.. i even beat OM). And from 17th place, we're currently in 4th, that's right: that is an Europa League spot.
The first place in the table is PSG obviously, and they lead comfortably lead the league.

Looking forward to the end of the first half of the season, I'll look for an AMF, a DMF, and ideally a CB/RB and a RMF as well.
I will try to take advantage of players who have put their renewals on hold/transfer listed players. I think I still have 4 or 5 matches left, so i may have up to 8mill for transfers.

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoying my ML with Le Havre.
My most enjoyable match was one i lost.
Played against second standing Troyes (i was first at that moment) and they scored after less than a minute. After 15 minutes, i was 1 man down after a second yellow for my young Argentinian CB Herrera (not my best transfer ever, this one, it seems).

Decided to go gung-ho and dominated Tryes totally, but just could'nt score. They had a few one-on-ones, but my GK was briljant. And then in the 85th minute they scored a second.

Somehow i could suddenly score and scored twice in very quick succession. Then i made the mistake to go for a third goal and Troyes had one last counter to win the match 2-3. That match was great fun, despite the result...

Next match was against L'OM for the Coupe de France. Match ended 2-2 after prolongations, but i scraped through with the penalties. Man of the match was Lémina, a player i have on loan from ... Marseille !

This game is great !

I know this feeling.

Despite losing, it was still fun because the CPU made it challenging and you put effort into winning the match. It's kind of like watching a football match as a neutral and seeing two teams giving it a go, except you're involved in it.

How do you do this?

in the very first screen of Game Plan menu, there's the option to Auto-Select Lineup.
It can be by ability,by form, no preference and untouched

it's a simple way to rotate your squad IMO
and it's also quite easy to pass it by since i always used to select Choose Manually and if you do so this option dissapears

and about the friendlies, there was a cool option where you could play against bizarre teams like The Cheetas (the fastest players in the game); or, the strongest, only bald players, the tallest, etc. i think it was PES 5

Last edited:
in the very first screen of Game Plan menu, there's the option to Auto-Select Lineup.
It can be by ability,by form, no preference and untouched

it's a simple way to rotate your squad IMO
and it's also quite easy to pass it by since i always used to select Choose Manually and if you do so this option dissapears

Okay, thanks for this.

and about the friendlies, there was a cool option where you could play against bizarre teams like The Cheetas (the fastest players in the game); or, the strongest, only bald players, the tallest, etc. i think it was PES 5

Haha, yes I remember those teams. I thought that fun thing to put in the ML.

Hi! What is this thing about regens, I'm about to start my second year on ML and I've just signed a 16 years old Gianluigi Buffon 75 rated... WTF? I also see others retired players coming as 16 year old regens. Anyway to prevent this?

Hi! What is this thing about regens, I'm about to start my second year on ML and I've just signed a 16 years old Gianluigi Buffon 75 rated... WTF? I also see others retired players coming as 16 year old regens. Anyway to prevent this?

Nope. Its been there for years on PES. On the pitch, Konami makes some great approach for realism... but of the pitch, wow its a completely unreal thing. At least you get to play and develop young stars that otherwise you wouldn´t have the chance to play with. Can´t buy Messi? Don´t worry, in a couple years you´ll sign with his younger twin brother...

i he a keeper lol 75 must be a keeper but i mean a gk lol

7b69e9e22a.jpg

Lens players salute away supporters over their 1st round cup win

I played a round 1 Coupe de France match away against Troyes. The match was good, it ended 2-2 (after being two goals down in the 1st half). I thought that was the end of the game and there was going to be a 2nd leg home game. Until I noticed there wasn't an option to go to the main ML screen, but a selection to go to extra time. :DOH: I got through extra time (with the score remaining 2-2), so it went to penalty shootout, which I fortunately won, due to missing the first penalty. I scored the rest of my penalties and Riou managed to save Troyes' second to last penalty kick.

I've now got Olympique Lyonnais in the second round. :PRAY:

Some strange thing happened. Last time i played porto got my left back Guerreiro with the buyout clause just one day after the summer transfer window.
Now i reached the winter transfer window and wanted him back asap. He`s developed from 72 to 78 in one Season!

So at the 1.1 i wanted to contact Porto. Strange thing is that i could negotiate with Guerreiro himself. No transfer fee at all. Then i thought okay ill get him at the end of the season...
I forwarded time and at the 5.1 he was back on my team.:THINK:

Can someone explain this?

How can i search for players that i can negotiate directly?

Hello :)

I have started a ML campaign with Swansea but am looking to move to manage either Valencia or Roma long term. When this first season is over as manager of Swansea, can I choose where to manage next or does the game only give me limited options i.e. a specific club will come for me?

I play on PS4 btw.

Hello :)

I have started a ML campaign with Swansea but am looking to move to manage either Valencia or Roma long term. When this first season is over as manager of Swansea, can I choose where to manage next or does the game only give me limited options i.e. a specific club will come for me?

I play on PS4 btw.

I finished my second division a couple days ago. I won the promotion with Nimes, with a 3rd place. I got some offers but all from recently promoted/relegated french teams, so I stayed with the same club. Now before I saved, I tried the option "request club change" or somtehing like that, and surprisingly, the game lets you choose any club that doesn´t have a manager in your save game. I got to choose clubs like Chelsea, Manchester, etc... I did try to move to Chelsea and actually did it, just choose the club and we can go how we like it to. So the game lets you play the way you want. If you want to move based on reputation, then only accept job offers. If not, you can choose any club, as long as their manager has been fired.

Some strange thing happened. Last time i played porto got my left back Guerreiro with the buyout clause just one day after the summer transfer window.
Now i reached the winter transfer window and wanted him back asap. He`s developed from 72 to 78 in one Season!

So at the 1.1 i wanted to contact Porto. Strange thing is that i could negotiate with Guerreiro himself. No transfer fee at all. Then i thought okay ill get him at the end of the season...
I forwarded time and at the 5.1 he was back on my team.:THINK:

Can someone explain this?

How can i search for players that i can negotiate directly?

Well, OVR jump is probably this.

Well, silly Porto probably gave him 1-year contract and he refused to renew it and well, that's the story probably. Silly AI.

Try Free Agents/No Renewal (?) in Advanced Search, I don't recall which option is it though (Listed?).

how do u find/sign players who are doing a bosman? at xmas transfer window is there a setting to find bosman players? Or do u have to wait til they have left club in summer and are free agents then sign them?

I finished my second division a couple days ago. I won the promotion with Nimes, with a 3rd place. I got some offers but all from recently promoted/relegated french teams, so I stayed with the same club. Now before I saved, I tried the option "request club change" or somtehing like that, and surprisingly, the game lets you choose any club that doesn´t have a manager in your save game. I got to choose clubs like Chelsea, Manchester, etc... I did try to move to Chelsea and actually did it, just choose the club and we can go how we like it to. So the game lets you play the way you want. If you want to move based on reputation, then only accept job offers. If not, you can choose any club, as long as their manager has been fired.

Great, thanks for the detailed reply!

Well, OVR jump is probably this.

Well, silly Porto probably gave him 1-year contract and he refused to renew it and well, that's the story probably. Silly AI.

Try Free Agents/No Renewal (?) in Advanced Search, I don't recall which option is it though (Listed?).

Yes he was the second(!) player that received a OVR jumg within half a season!
But he also developed because of training etc..

Mhh yeah, but he was just 5 days off my squad. If someone gets a 1 year contract, than i can get him after that year without tranfer fee. but not after 5 days since he signed this contract.
But anyways, good for me :APPLAUD:

No renewal list, aber also players which you can only get with transfer fee..

Completed my first season of Master League yesterday, finished 8th in the championship with Millwall with their real line up (I really hate the stupid names for the ML defaults and this is the first year i've never used them). I started out on superstar for the first dozen or so games and only won 1 game, I also got knocked out of the FA cup in the first round 6-0 by fellow south londoners charlton (in real life you'd have to resign due to shame). After the first dozen games though i lowered the difficulty top top player and started winning nearly every game, about 2/3rds of the way through I changed to 0 pass assistance and right at the end i changed to manual shooting to try and curb the fact I was going to get promoted way too easily. I evened out after a few defeats and i think I have found the right difficulty and settings to play my entire 2nd season on for more realistic results.

On the pitch I play a 4-5-1 cum 4-3-3 fluid formation, it took me many games to develop and tweak before i was finally happy with it. However I realised in the january window that I simply did not have the centre forward to pull it off so i got the chairmans chequebook out and brought in Chris Wood from Leicester for £3.25m. Tall, powerful and just enough pace. he ended up with 9 goals in 17 games which made him my top scorer. I also brought in Matt Phillips on loan from QPR for a £100k loan fee and a 2nd goalkeeper in Alex Smithies from Huddersfield for £1m to challenge David Forde for the #1 jersey. I think the players in these transfers are reasonable and not incredibly unrealistic, though i didn't try to sign anybody a bit out there in the fear the game would actually let me sign someone ridiculously good.

Now, as much as you don't want a 100% realistic financial system, especially if you play as millwall as you'd be bankrupt within a year, I still almost felt dirty for spending nearly £4.5m whilst not selling a single player and still having money to spare at the end of the season. I'm sure there used to be an option where you could select how much money would be available to you at the start of the game? some sort of difficulty setting? am i making it up or is it yet another lost ML feature that has been stripped from the game for no reason?

before I started the game, I created a few youngsters that have made real life professional appearances, they all had starting OVR as late 50s early 60s. I did this to make the youth system a bit more realistic. These 4 players have probably played about 50 games between them, but their stats have absolutely skyrocketed. I don't think the development system is anywhere near as bad as the last few PES games but it's still possible for some crazy stat boosting, it seems like those weird cutscenes really play a part also. who wants that???

anyway, the tl;dr summary: really enjoyed my season of master league, I just wished we had more options to tune the difficulty of the gameplay and the transfer/financial system, I also wished konami would make an effort with the ML defaults, where are their faces and personalities? give them a realistic name please also! :PIG:

this game is lovely, had some really good ML games last night.

I cant stop playing this. Its not perfect but its lots of fun.

I started ML with Man Utd and i find that formation you set needs time to settle down which adds realism to the game, also i feel that the game is much slower after month or so becouse of tired players. The game is awesome and force in you the feeling of one more match which was gone after ps2 days :)

I started ML with Man Utd and i find that formation you set needs time to settle down which adds realism to the game, also i feel that the game is much slower after month or so becouse of tired players. The game is awesome and force in you the feeling of one more match which was gone after ps2 days :)

Tired players are ruining it for me. I love the game, but by 60 minutes all of my team are knackered and no longer make runs.

Just finished my second ML season, playing as PES United Edited to be my fictional Milton keynes FC team, with the defaults.
was 3rd with 3 games to go, 2 pts behind 2nd placed Brighton, a 1-0 win against Reading then a 3-1 win against Watford whilst Brighton lost to 4th placed Wolves meant that I leapfrogged them into 2nd place, 1 point ahead, with only 1 game left to play, automatic promotion was in my own hands, and last game of the season was against runaway league leaders and champions elect, Hull City.
Brighton only drew but we beta Hull 3-1 to seal 2nd place.

Have moved up to the Prem and changed the difficulty up to Top Player.
Managed to shift out 4 or 5 fringe defaults to scale the squad down to 26 players, and freed up some wages. Signed Diogo a Brazilian RB and Douglas, a Brazilian Lb as cover for Paccini and Sylla who are my current fullbacks.

Also signed Szalai, a tall powerful CF, to give me an option in the air if I want it.
Looking forward to the challenge of the premier league.

PES 15 plays a great game of football, just a shame Konami don't pay attention to the basics and that theres so many missing or wrong little things with the game, it could have been amazing.

only thing that bothers me is the lack of stadiums: it's ridiculous to play a Ligue 2 season in a sold out Estadio Azteca every fixture.

I know it's been thoroughly discussed but i just cannot emphasize how annoying it is to me.
It would be a dream to have a licensed stadium for every team in the game (as every La Liga team had in PES 13), but being realistic it would be really good to have a few generic stadiums at least.. 2 or 3 really small stadiums, 4-5 medium stadiums and 10+ BIG stadiums.
as i said, its freaking ludicrous to play the MasterLeague in Ligue 2 as Gazélec Ajaccio vs Tours FC (a match that probably no one would show up in real life) in a fucking sold out fucking Weserstadion fucking look-alike fucking stadium.. it just kills the vibe for me.

This is the real Gazélec home stadium btw (Stade-Ange Casanova)
d871e1aa59eac754d554a4d74990875f.JPG
And this is their default Burg Stadion in PES 2015 (which apparently is ALWAYS sold out)
300px-Burg_Stadion.png

it would've been an amazing experience that after playing in mostly amateur "stadiums" for a season in L2, you get promoted and get to step into Parc des Princes/Velodrome/Gerland.. probably my default keeper would shit his pants.
I'd love to be able to "move" to a better stadium, involving your team global ranking or something.. and i wouldn't mind about my stadium name tbh, it could be called the Metal Gear/Contra stadium for all i care

I understand that most of the gamers want to play as Real Madrid/Bayern/Barcelona in a packed Wembley stadium every single time, but they should've added some options smh
I hope they sort it out in a patch, but i really doubt it

Also the team intros, i know this will sound stupid to many of you but i really enjoyed the team intros to the pitch.
Seeing one of your new signings in the team is a good feeling, as well as the seasoned heroes. Everytime i play co-op with a mate we used to do like a tv presentation, kinda get you a bit more into the game and have a laugh.. and now its like GO TO MATCH and (whistle) kickoff.
jesus

Last edited:
^^^agree so so much...if cant get licenses i dont see why they still couldnt make generic ones, for lower league, spanish, france, s.amercian, english etc..few varities, some half empty games etc.

I mean just replicate almost some real ones but make fake...how much time would it have taken them in all honesty?

So lazy, no excuses

woulda made exp 10x better

Back
Top Bottom