The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

I see you haven't named your favourite PES4 player yet, Prof, I assume you're waiting for PES5 to arrive before you make the announcement. Any chance of Jaromtom making a late, late bid for a nomination? Might I ask who the leading nominees are at this stage? ;)

Inspired by your sig, I was thinking about it while bored at work today. One name that stuck out for me was the re-incarnation of Miriuta, who I had at De Graafschap, a bald Hungarian playmaker with a unique lazy style and a flair for the unusual. An even bigger favourite of mine was Argentinian midfielder Giullermo Pereyra, who was a dominating force in my Hellas Verona midfield. Comfortably one of my favourite PES players of any version.

The winner, just pipping Pereyra, would have to be Ricardo Sousa. The Portuguese playmaker was a magician for me at De Graafschap, one of the most fun players I've had the pleasure of controlling. His double-foot fake ability, his deadball expertise and his spectacular strikes from range made him a one-man saved-replay machine ;). He'd have to get my vote.

Yeah I remember Ricardo Sousa on loan from Hannover lol I think he was a bit over-rated too Nerf. Maybe not so much technically but he wasn't effective player cuz he was lazy and inconsitent and injured and like so many talented players fails to make much impact in same way Hugo Viana has failed kinda so far and likely will ;).

In other bad news, I had to move PC from basement where my ps2 is to upstairs so I no longer can record highlights from my ML.

So there's probably no point writing out reports from first 10 games of the season with highlights i've got either as I likely won't be continuing the reporting now that i can't record anymore :(

Racing Seal Promotion

It was a close affair, but a string of great results saw Professor Nutmeg's Racing Santander seal promotion on the last day of the season. Indeed, Santander managed second spot via a superior goal difference handed to them during a superb thrashing of Monaco. On the last day, Racing had to win to guarantee promotion, or draw against Olympiakos and hope Ajax suffer defeat at the hands of Anderlecht. The final standings looked like this:

Before the last game:

Monaco 22pts
Ajax 21pts
Santander 20pts
Olympiakos 20pts

Final standings:

Monaco 22pts
Santander 21pts
Olympiakos 21pts
Ajax 21pts

It's no secret that the arrival of Swedish sensation Jaromton helped Racing's late surge. The striker netted 7 goals in 7 games. His presence appeared to revitalise Castello's performances upfront too, himself finding the net 5 times this season.

So Monaco and Racing earn promotion, as PSV and Schalke pass the opposite way. Now it's time to face the cream of Europe: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Bayern, AC Milan......How will they fare? Nutmeg is currently in the process of bolstering his squad, bringing in a few more youngsters, Cabrera, Pelaez, Guimaraes, Ribeiro and Mertens. Players leaving included; Miranda, Barota, Daric, and Ostwald.

Hi nerf, yeah i'll probably wait until the last game to decide on my favoutite player. I do have some in mind. Striker David Connolly is one. Another is a funny one. He's originally called Lanalkiss in PESU or WEU. I however edited his appearance and name. Firstly in my Guimaraes ML he became Nilton, from Cape Verde and he had the look of a Brazilian. Now, i'm using him again, as Lanal, a silver haired Frenchman a la Ravanelli/Jugovic. I like the guy because he's a versatile midfielder and can play anywhere across the midfield. Good technique, passing and equally at home breaking down attacks or surging forward. I suppose he reminds me of Gudjonsson from PES3. His abilities allow him to be a DMF/OMF/SMF. Funnily enough Matt is also a nominee this year. This is because he does improve over time.

DB's top 3

PES1 - The Original : Claudio Lopez closely followed Christophe Dugarry.

170102.jpg

The Louse ("El Piojo") is probably one of my all time favourite players IRL and in the original PES his whippet like speed and finishing were IMO perfectly portrayed.

WE7 (PES3) : Nastja Ceh

186557.jpg

The Slovenian Angel captured my heart with his pretty boy pop star looks and his magnificent left foot that saw him cement his place in Stuttgart folklore with many vital goals and assists.

PES4 : Antonio Pacheco closely followed by Raul Tamudo

5141_23823_0.jpg

White boots, Long hair, Quick temper. The Albacete attacker, was every inch the South American maverick with magic feet and a powerful shot that enchanted me from the very beginning.

Could open a can of beans with it i reckon, as Ray Clemence once said about a player.

As you can see, i tend to gravitate torwards the Carlos Kickaball Fancy Dan types, and I've got a feeling that thumb sucking Luis Garcia could be my PES5 hero.

I'd swop one enigmatic creative genius who only turns it on now and again for 10 common or garden workman like professionals.

db

denirobob said:
As you can see, i tend to gravitate torwards the Carlos Kickaball Fancy Dan types, and I've got a feeling that thumb sucking Luis Garcia could be my PES5 hero.

I'd swop one enigmatic creative genius who only turns it on now and again for 10 common or garden workman like professionals.

db

So will Metz be lining up a loan move for Luis Garcia? ;)

I agree, i like to have that one special player on the field. It makes you appreciate him, and you want to get the ball to him as much as possible. A lot of teams IRL have/had that type of thing: Zola for Chelsea, Okocha for Bolton, Baggio for Brescia (i also like the fading stars in the autumn of their career too).
Looking forward to scouring the PES5 squads for the new successors. It's a shame, sometimes someone you liked in the previous games gets a lot better (or worse) or isn't in it, and it's never quite the same. So you have to move on.

Last edited:
Professor Nutmeg said:
I doff my hat to you. That barnet is something else. Looks like 3 hairstyles in 1.

shame Senor Marques will never be able to doff his hat, well unless he reduces his luxurious locks by 50% ;)

i reckon its based on a Chrissy Waddle actually... although a bit before the young Spaniards time i'd of thought!

04.gif

PLF said:
Yeah I remember Ricardo Sousa on loan from Hannover lol I think he was a bit over-rated too Nerf. Maybe not so much technically but he wasn't effective player cuz he was lazy and inconsitent and injured and like so many talented players fails to make much impact in same way Hugo Viana has failed kinda so far and likely will ;)
Well, I like to think he was inspired by the love from the Stadion de Vijverberg home crowd, who instantly took his silver boots to their hearts, plus the fact that we built the team around him and gave him the run of the park. Ultimately his frustration got to him and he left in search of glory, but that season where he was the division's Player of the Year will ensure he remains a legend in Doetchinem.

Db in PES4 Metz have lots of good young players...in Pes 5 they also will have Ahn which i love quite a lot...
I guess i can't resist to name a few favourite players.
In PES1 it had to be Jari Litmanen
In PES2 it was Carlos Bocanegra
In PES3 Hakan Yakin and Ilhan Mansiz
In PES4: Moussilou

But my overall favourite player is D'Allessandro. I started with him in PES2 where he was in the River Plate squad.
In PES3 i made him myself.
And in Pes4 he was with my Wolfsburg team. Other favourite PES4 players: Ben Saada, Menseguez, Petrov, Makoun.
Meanwhile in the off-season Lille transferred Johanson (Strassbourg) and D. Milito (OMF/FW). Lille is still hunting for the big fish (HUNTING for the big FISH, LOL): they are trying to transfer Argentinian future super player Tevez...

nerf said:
Well, I like to think he was inspired by the love from the Stadion de Vijverberg home crowd, who instantly took his silver boots to their hearts, plus the fact that we built the team around him and gave him the run of the park. Ultimately his frustration got to him and he left in search of glory, but that season where he was the division's Player of the Year will ensure he remains a legend in Doetchinem.

Hi mate,

this is a good point i think. A player like that needs to feel wanted & loved, with the whole emphasis of the teams attacking strategy centred around his abilities.

Too many managers forget that I think, and try and mould a creative player into something else rather than accomodate and benefit from their talent.

Perhaps we should make it standard Evo Web ML rules that every team should have at least 1 maverick!

db

Stan said:
Db in PES4 Metz have lots of good young players...in Pes 5 they also will have Ahn which i love quite a lot...
I guess i can't resist to name a few favourite players.
In PES1 it had to be Jari Litmanen
In PES2 it was Carlos Bocanegra
In PES3 Hakan Yakin and Ilhan Mansiz
In PES4: Moussilou

But my overall favourite player is D'Allessandro. I started with him in PES2 where he was in the River Plate squad.
In PES3 i made him myself.
And in Pes4 he was with my Wolfsburg team. Other favourite PES4 players: Ben Saada, Menseguez, Petrov, Makoun.
Meanwhile in the off-season Lille transferred Johanson (Strassbourg) and D. Milito (OMF/FW). Lille is still hunting for the big fish (HUNTING for the big FISH, LOL): they are trying to transfer Argentinian future super player Tevez...

Hi Stan/Gerd

Well I think there gonna need them, by the rate their going at the moment. I don't know too much about the team about from players like Herve Tum but it seems to me that their squad is far too large and wholesales changes each season arent doing them any favours.

Anyway I'd betetr not talk about them anymore before President Periera accuses me of a conflict of interests! My heart for now is still very much red & green and with a home game against fellow relegation candidates Mallorca tonight, the Madeirans are fired up to make it two wins on the bounce.

db

denirobob said:
Perhaps we should make it standard Evo Web ML rules that every team should have at least 1 maverick!

I'm up for that.

But at the same time we can't diss anybody who love playing with superstars in their team...i used to do that in my PES and PES2 days...but then i saw this guy on ISS Extreme, who had a team with bare average/shit players and his adventures he used to post on the ML Thread inspired me.

----

Another thing i want to say, don't you think Konami shold bring back bosman signings and season long loans?

Yeah i'd like to loan in/out players at the beginning of a season. There should be more free players available too.

I've been thinking about my PES5 ML a bit more :o
I'm toying with the Bundesliga as the base. I like the Stuttgart kits, and they're not doing as well these days too. The midfield squad players are quite different now. But i reckon the forwards will be too hot.

....Which leads me back to the Scandinavian clubs again :p
Djurgårdens' No. 10 is Feliciano Magro, the Swiss ex-Udinese midfielder, and he would most likely be my main man in midfield. He was superb in my WE6FE Udinese ML. I would love to welcome him back after a 2 PES hiatus.

FC København have a diverse striking talent, which i like, with Peter Ijeh (Nigerian) and Alvaro Santos (a Brazilian), as well as ex-Villa striker Marcus Allbäck. Their geographical proximity to Germany, and understated size, would also lend a certain flavour too. And then there's Rosenborg. All don't look out of place in Europe, a path i like to follow.
I think it's a toss between Djurgårdens and FC København.

Hi Guys,

How are you all doing? I know I havent been around lately (busy busy school) but now and then I can read the ML thread here. So congrats Denirobob with the promotion!
I also intend to start a new ML when PES5 hit the benches. I always liked the idea of a club like FC Basel, Rosenberg etc. And now I see Prof and Stringer are talking about FC København and Djurgårdens' and I wonder if its really true that they will be in PES5?? If so then its for sure I would start with them!

Greets from a sunny Holland

Back
Top Bottom