The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Wow!

Last night i almost scored what would possibly have been my best goal EVER in a PES game. As i missed, i suppose it'll go down as one of my best ever misses.

What made it so good, apart from the shot itself, was that it came from Castello (at 31 years of age) at the Nou Camp, against Barcelona.

So on to the shot. Well, it was a medium high ball forward from midfield from the left, across to the centre right (about 25 yards out from goal). Jaromton headed it down across the pitch, parallel with the box. It bounced once and as it was about to bounce again Castello smacked it goalwards from about 25 yards out, left of the centre. He hit it with his favoured right, but the ball swerved wickedly to the right in the air (sort of across the goal) AND (this is what made me drool) it dipped fiercely in the last few yards. The keeper was beaten at full stretch, but the ball sadly cracked off the cross bar and bounced back down onto the pitch. It was hit with such pace and power, it looked like some wonder goal you'd see on Eurogoals from La Liga or the Portuguese Liga or something. Yes, i managed to nail one of those dipping shots in a game with a default ML player too. Needless to say i spent the next 5 minutes looking at it in replay mode from every angle possible :lol: I think if it had gone in, i would have run around my room like a loony, shirt waving above my head. \\:o/

It was so sweet. And that's why i love PES.

On another note. Unfortunately i haven't managed one of those opposite foot/crossed legs "dink" shots. I would love to score a goal with one.

Shame Prof...sounds like that would have been one hell of a game...

About Lille.
So far three matches played in the new season...

Lille- Marseille 1-1 (late equaliser by Bodmer)
Lens - Lille 0-1 (Tevez goal)
Lille - Caen 1-0 (Diego Milito)

After three matches Lille are joint leaders with Marseille and surprise package OGC Nice.
And what is more important is the fact that main contenders Lyon are 4 points behind.

It's quiet in here. You can tell PES5 is around the corner. Ok, so i have a question to spark some debate. I thought i'd ask it in here as it's an ML based question.

So, in PES5 you are once again able to release players easily (thank god), which means you can edit PESU and WEU every 5 mins if you want.
I will want to create 2 European teams over the aforementioned (to add to my MLs), and i was wondering if anyone had any decent suggestions, based around players already in the game (leftover or in International squads) ie with the least possible player editing/creating.
In PES4 Shakhtar Donetsk was a good one, what with all the Ukranian Internationals, other central and eastern European Internationals, Aghahowa from Nigeria etc. However, this time they're in PES5. The same goes for Fenerbahce: a surplus of Turkish players, but again they're included in PES5.
Again, i'm thinking of FC Basel perhaps and a team i created in PES4, Austria Wien.
If anyone has ant suggestions along these lines i'd be happy to hear them.

Rapid Wien ???
Maybe Standard de Liège: Onyewu, Deflandre, Leonard, Walasiak and Geeraerts maybe are all in the game and then there is Moreira who was in Hamburg last season but as Konami are slow on transfers there is a good chance he will still be in the game. If Defalndre, Leonard and Walasiak are not with the Belgian national team, they have been in PE or an older version, so you will have the right stats (or approximately deflandres and Leonards abilities have decreased, Walasiak's have increased). Conceicao was also in previous versions of PES just like their GK Vedran Runje and they have a french CB who came from Marseille in August so he could be in the game too. Other Standard players: Wamberto (was also in PES3), Assou Ekoto, Tchité: they are not in the game. I was thinking of making Standard out of WE or PES United.

Good question, Prof. My angle on it is that rather than add some random european teams, I will probably create extra teams for the ML I'm about to start. So if I'm basing the ML in England I'll add two Championship teams, in Italy two Serie B teams, etc. It adds a lot of editing because you might have to do it each time you start a new ML, but if you intend the ML to be a long one then it's probably worth it.

News from Lille.

WE United - Lille 2-3 (Milito- Mousillou - Tevez)
Lille - OGC Nice 4-1 (Mousillou - Tevez - Mousillou - Mousillou)
Lyon - Lille 0-1 (Bodmer)
Toulouse - Lille 3-4 (Mousillou - Makoun - Tevez - Mousillou)

After 7 matches leader of the pack one point before AS Monaco and two before PSG and Marseille.
Next match is in Monaco.

Started my second season with my made up team, FC Stealtha.

Third in division 1, Peter Crouch ten goals for the season thus far. :D

nerf said:
Good question, Prof. My angle on it is that rather than add some random european teams, I will probably create extra teams for the ML I'm about to start. So if I'm basing the ML in England I'll add two Championship teams, in Italy two Serie B teams, etc. It adds a lot of editing because you might have to do it each time you start a new ML, but if you intend the ML to be a long one then it's probably worth it.
Totally agree.

It might take some effort and lot of editing but if it is to be a long ML like each of us usually do and we're gonna do reports on it and stuff it's best if its as realistic as possible and so I think it's worth the effort of doing what Nerf suggested.

Yeah, i tend to create teams within my ML league to make up the numbers. However, if it's a slightly mixed ML (not teams from just one country) i'll still attempt to create a team within the "themed" league i've made.
I'm hoping a Pesfan editor for PES5 comes out pretty soon, so if i play as the default players, i can edit their names and nationalities to whomever i'm going to be.
I've currently got a list of about 5 teams that i'm going to pick from for my first ML ;) 4 are in the game, and one isn't.

Since in PES5 edited stats will transfer into the ML, i will be playing a EPL ML with Wolves and Leeds edited over PES/WE United...that'll probably be my first.

Then i might start a ML with Djurgårdens (using a different OF) with mixed up clubs in the game like Bayern, Shaktar, Anderlect and edited teams like Austria Wein and FC Basel...depending on who's option file i use.

I just want to play a ML that will last me a good 8 to 10 seasons.

Last edited:
Thanks Prof...how did you found out my friend???
I hope the great Bernd Thijs will in the game with Borussia Mönchengladbach and i hope they gave him the new special ability "middle shoot".
I'm fond of your avatar...i gues this comes from a pre-PES1 edition...i only started playing the game with PES1 which makes me a PES/We pussy.
Oh by the way, since this is my favourite thread and since most people im' fond of are posting here (except FD) i think i can easily post this in this thread...i will not (or nearly not) be posting as Gerd ont this forum.
I will be fairly regularly on the road for my job...as part of a social re-integration project i will be organising a massive football tournament in the city of Antwerp. For now i'm searching sponsor and help...i'm talking with the Belgian FA, some Antwerp football clubs and lots of other organisations...if anybody has ideas...you can always PM me (Stan that is, to be honest i really hate Stan, but hte only option is to give up the other Gerd adress so that Stan can become Stan...)

Last edited:
FC Stealth Last Match:

FC Stealtha 1 - 1 Ruhr
Ono 90 ----------- Boeheme 14
-

Here's the team I have, atm.

Cech(GK)
Dulic - Stremer - Volz - Tsuboi
Partridge - Ono(C) - Okocha - Castolo
Owusu-Abeyie - Crouch

Last edited:
Yes Stringer i'm both, and in the beginning when i posted as Stan i regualarly ended the post with "Gerd posting as Stan" but after a while i was prety sure everybody knew about Gerd and Stan...obviously you didn't...i hope it was no inconveniance to you..because since you are a regular in this thread i consider you as some kind of friend...

Stan said:
Yes Stringer i'm both, and in the beginning when i posted as Stan i regualarly ended the post with "Gerd posting as Stan" but after a while i was prety sure everybody knew about Gerd and Stan...obviously you didn't...i hope it was no inconveniance to you..because since you are a regular in this thread i consider you as some kind of friend...

Nah it's alright...i had a feeling you were both but didn't bother to ask...why do you use two accounts, if you don't mind me asking?

Because i post from two different adresses, one from my (work) laptop and one from home...i'm home now with my lovely wife at arm's length...which makes me think...i'm off!!!

I was browsing Pesfan as they have some good daily PES info. Anyway, there was this list of all the ML players that appear in the game and i saw Thijs and thought of you :) It looks like all the same players give or take a few.

Good luck with the football match. That sounds great. Let us know how it goes, in one way or another.

Shame you didn't play the ISS PE (1&2) series (my avatar). They were so addictive. It was all in the gameplay back then, although i thought the graphics were pretty good at the time.

Stan said:
Thanks Prof...how did you found out my friend???
I hope the great Bernd Thijs will in the game with Borussia Mönchengladbach and i hope they gave him the new special ability "middle shoot".
I'm fond of your avatar...i gues this comes from a pre-PES1 edition...i only started playing the game with PES1 which makes me a PES/We pussy.
Oh by the way, since this is my favourite thread and since most people im' fond of are posting here (except FD) i think i can easily post this in this thread...i will not (or nearly not) be posting as Gerd ont this forum.
I will be fairly regularly on the road for my job...as part of a social re-integration project i will be organising a massive football tournament in the city of Antwerp. For now i'm searching sponsor and help...i'm talking with the Belgian FA, some Antwerp football clubs and lots of other organisations...if anybody has ideas...you can always PM me (Stan that is, to be honest i really hate Stan, but hte only option is to give up the other Gerd adress so that Stan can become Stan...)

Last edited:
Stan said:
Because i post from two different adresses, one from my (work) laptop and one from home...i'm home now with my lovely wife at arm's length...which makes me think...i'm off!!!

Easy son, family forum etc.... :)

good luck too with your organising your tournament Gerd. Just remember what they say about Sepp Blatter though - He has 50 new ideas a day and 51 of them are bad.

db

Spanish News Update...

edwincongo.jpg

Congo Blow For Los Granotas

Levante forward Edwin Congo is expected to sit out of his side's next three league fixtures with an ankle injury, after the big Colombian was stretchered off during Levante's 1-1 draw at home to Real Betis.

Argentinian target-man Gustavo Enrique Reggi will stand in for the clashes with Real Zaragoza, Atletico Madrid and Barcelona. Whether Congo will be fit in time for the subsequent Copa Del Rey semi-final clash with undefeated league leaders Real Madrid is yet to be seen.

This could dent the Valencian club's hopes of improving on their seventh position in the league and their unexpected cup run, as Congo's impressive eleven goal haul has played a big part in the promoted club's success so far this season, placing him second in the goalscorer's charts just one behind reigning pichici Ronaldo.

denirobob said:
Easy son, family forum etc.... :)

good luck too with your organising your tournament Gerd. Just remember what they say about Sepp Blatter though - He has 50 new ideas a day and 51 of them are bad.

db
:lol:

Good luck with the organization you want to do and sponsors and your ideas Gerd, you may keep posting as Stan from now on but i'm more comfortable calling you Gerd as that was the first alias of yours I got to know ;)

As for Bernd Thijs I'll be sure to give him Middle shot as a special ability though as you know "The middle shot" ability doesn't take affect in ML :roll: unless it's in the PARA file (on DVD) and not just on option file.

I'll also give him ginger hair and beard! :) haha..

So has anyone played the PES5 Demo for the PS2? My first game with Arsenal, against Chelsea, i got beaten 3-0.....and it's only a 5 min. game lol.

Looks like if where buying does average players...things will be a bit hard ;)

Last edited:
After a couple of days (weeks???) you'll be as good as ever Stringer ...don't worry.

Be aware Stan/Gerd that PES5/WE9 is very hard. I started a ML with Bayern Leverkussen and it unbelievable hard. I am currently placed 7 and I have to do everything to become 6 (to get in Europe) And I dont need to explain guys like you lot what kind of players Bayern Leverkussen has. So its really a challenge this time.

One thing that always bothers me is that my team cant play 2 games after eachother! After one game my whole team (1 or 2 exceptions) is tired, I mean that they have already 'orange' underneath their name and their stamina-bar is also less. I have done everything to make it less; all kinds of tactics to A (which will decrease players-stamina the less) trainging, which only affects the arrows. I really hate this, this way you always need to have 2 complete teams. Does any of you guys have had this problem? Especially the ones who played WE9 cause I dont know if this was the case to in PES4.

Cheers

Presenting...

De Graafschap - The Movie ;)

Click here (right click, save as) for a short little montage of goals scored in my longest running ML with De Graafschap.

I apologise in advance for the dodgy camera work, the poor quality video, the disgusting red ball and the lack of sound :D

Just thought I'd compile the replays before PES5 arrives and they are lost forever. They're not that great, it's just a bit of fun :)

Well, i'm still buying the ML players. I'm in my 4th season (2nd season in Div1). Signed a Turkish SMF called Cem. On paper he looks like a bit of a Matt (Macco) with good attack and defence stats. So i may also deploy him in the centre of midfield.
I have however bought some real players. I signed Pepe from Porto last season, and at the end of my 3rd season, i bought D'Alessandro :-$ :oops: . Well, i see it as practice for PES5, in which i think i'll be buying some better quality players. I hear it's harder :)

Back
Top Bottom