The Retro-PES Corner

@slamsoze I'm going to find out now whether editing them 'sticks'. There are some in pes6 you can edit in the editor but when you start a ML they are back at default values. I assume it must have read them from the same 'internal' OF that it used for online play.

The interesting thing is those extra ML youth players that fill half of the squad are listed in the csv export as having no club and the ML defaults are listed as ML default and account for the other half (16) of the youth squad but their ages are changed to all under 20. I see on the export the Latin players for the Latin ML and there are also Japanese ML players listed presumably for the Japanese version.

The odd thing is those other ML youth players, such as Augustin the keeper, are listed on the csv export but they are not available to be edited in the game (ability wise - other things are) and also if you search in the editor you cannot find them (you can find the defaults and the latin/japanese players). But I'm wondering with a full csv import, seeing as they are on the csv export then if I changed them it might well import the changes. Whether they'll stick I don't know.

Another interesting thing was I edited a few defaults, took them all down to around 40 just to see what would happen. I did about 5 of them, started a new ML with a real team/players and those 5 were no longer in my youth squad, it had selected 5 of the other ML Youth players into the squad. So it must pick the best 32 for your youth squad I think.
It is indeed more flexible to editing than the pes 5/6, meaning there are less tools, but the hardcoded stuff is more transparent, almost whatever you can edit is reflected in game, no more these old , you edit and in games it shows to default.
Saying about ML youths I assume they don’t belong somewhere like defaults, cause they are attached to any P1 team. And talking about editing , just checked what you say and it is the same in game: basic settings, position,ability, player index and base copy are greyd-out and not possible to change/edit them for ML youths.

Attachments

• 16783282-A790-4AD8-8262-D31212E3B85E.jpeg
    16783282-A790-4AD8-8262-D31212E3B85E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
@mattmid i just figured out.
Starting with ML defaults, youthteam= all 32 EURO new faces.
Starting with Club team line ups, youthteam= the first 16 ML defaults but regen+ the first 16 Euro new faces, starting from GK Augustin.

Hellooooo 🐑

Hearts of Iron 4 sucked me in so goddamn hard I havent played much in the past days but got in one season of ML. Man United, Phoenix 10/11, default team.

It was difficult it's probably the rust but there were big difficulties. Got the D2 Cup but ended the league on 4th place surprisingly.

Hamsun now stands as the best ML Default Player ever, he might actually have a future in the team.

In an effort to learn Photoshop (been slacking off a lot - hoi4) I am trying to make newspaper cover every now and then. To learn 🐑

Probably gonna play a few games today, also need to do the transfers 🐑

EXuqu6UWoAA7Ybu

Have a good day 🐑 baba

Did some skip to chosen date siming

English club on CL; Arsenal (playoff),Man United, Man City, Chelsea
Clubs on EL: Spurs, Everton, Newcastle,Fulham ,West Brom.

Here @mattmid is another mystery cause the EL English clubs are 5 , but checking the League Ranking in RECORDs it states PL: 3 CL , 1 CL playoff and 3 EL.

@slamsoze Interesting. Another thing I've just noticed is the cash would appear to be hardcoded. I started one up as Dalkurd (in Arsenal's spot) and they had millions to spend, tried as Bayern Munich and they did too, so this means teams in the slots of big teams are going to have big money. Not a problem with movable teams as I can not go over Arsenal, City, Utd, Juventus etc and move them to the other European slots and keep them as those teams. The problem is Barcelona and Real Madrid because I can't move the Spanish teams. So I either leave them in the Spanish league which I don't really want to do, or the two teams who replace them are going to have a huge pile of cash.

Good and bad news on the editing. The ML defaults editing appears to stick. I edited Strambourg to have a few 40's in his stats and they showed as 40's on starting a ML using the defaults. Starting as a club side with their players he is dropped from the youth team (presumably as he's now not good enough) and another player from the Augustin batch is in the youth squad.

The best news from that is I can make them the proper default players. :) I'm thinking about putting them all in with their age and stats from their first year of appearance in the ML defaults.

The bad news is I edited Augustin, did a full import and on the import file from the editor it showed Augustin as importing in so that was all well and good. However in the ML his stats are the same as always, my edited numbers hadn't 'stuck'. I feared that would be the case as him and the others are not showing anywhere in the editor itself to actually manually edit.

This will mean a house rule not to promote any youth players rated above a certain level I think as many of them are going to be way better players already than some of these teams have. On the plus side the best of them should get picked up by the better European teams in the transfer market I would imagine.

Hellooooo 🐑

Hearts of Iron 4 sucked me in so goddamn hard I havent played much in the past days but got in one season of ML. Man United, Phoenix 10/11, default team.

It was difficult it's probably the rust but there were big difficulties. Got the D2 Cup but ended the league on 4th place surprisingly.

Hamsun now stands as the best ML Default Player ever, he might actually have a future in the team.

In an effort to learn Photoshop (been slacking off a lot - hoi4) I am trying to make newspaper cover every now and then. To learn 🐑

Probably gonna play a few games today, also need to do the transfers 🐑

EXuqu6UWoAA7Ybu

Have a good day 🐑 baba

Hey, that's a great shout. I've been getting to grips with Adobe CC and looking for something to help me learn the craft in a fun way. Creating media content around my retro football gaming is a fine idea!

@slamsoze Interesting. Another thing I've just noticed is the cash would appear to be hardcoded. I started one up as Dalkurd (in Arsenal's spot) and they had millions to spend, tried as Bayern Munich and they did too, so this means teams in the slots of big teams are going to have big money. Not a problem with movable teams as I can not go over Arsenal, City, Utd, Juventus etc and move them to the other European slots and keep them as those teams. The problem is Barcelona and Real Madrid because I can't move the Spanish teams. So I either leave them in the Spanish league which I don't really want to do, or the two teams who replace them are going to have a huge pile of cash.

Good and bad news on the editing. The ML defaults editing appears to stick. I edited Strambourg to have a few 40's in his stats and they showed as 40's on starting a ML using the defaults. Starting as a club side with their players he is dropped from the youth team (presumably as he's now not good enough) and another player from the Augustin batch is in the youth squad.

The best news from that is I can make them the proper default players. :) I'm thinking about putting them all in with their age and stats from their first year of appearance in the ML defaults.

The bad news is I edited Augustin, did a full import and on the import file from the editor it showed Augustin as importing in so that was all well and good. However in the ML his stats are the same as always, my edited numbers hadn't 'stuck'. I feared that would be the case as him and the others are not showing anywhere in the editor itself to actually manually edit.

This will mean a house rule not to promote any youth players rated above a certain level I think as many of them are going to be way better players already than some of these teams have. On the plus side the best of them should get picked up by the better European teams in the transfer market I would imagine.
Such questions are beyond my powers unfortunately. Maybe someone from this topic below could help you, as they edited a lot of things.
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/every...86-released-update.70922/page-18#post-3528282

@slamsoze Just had a bit of a breakthrough with one of the img files that apparently contained the player stats and seeing as that's not in the edit.bin I figure this must be where it stores the default values. I just found Macovshire in there and noted down all the hex values (thanks to ultimate data explorer) then I listed his stats and converted what they were into hex numbers. I found all bar two amongst those in the file although in different order. I then found Van Boorat and noted his down and they match up in the same places :) So, in theory if I change them in there they should 'stick' for the ML. However these are the ml defaults and the values appear to change anyway, I need to find Augustin and his mates to have a chance. Then of course it has to work :SHOCK: . Next job, find Augustin! I've actually quite impressed myself because I've never done any hex editing before! :)

Update: Well it's there in black and white in the img file, Augustin has stats for 40 across the board. Start the ML and he's back where he was. Also I noted his totals don't match those in the csv export which is from a default edit.bin when i first started the game. Anyway they definitely aren't being set from the 40 I have saved in that file! Oh Konami you :RANT:

Last edited:
@slamsoze The good news re ML defaults anyway.... see highlighted yellow 40's :)

stram1.JPG
stram2.JPG

I changed those in the editor, started a ML and :)

This means I should be able to get the original ML defaults in to the game.

I think there's a list online somewhere isn't there. I'd like to get their stats from their first appearance in the game. I know some started in 2008 didn't they as the squad was larger? Gutierrez for one.

The ML defaults here obviously have a nod to them as there's a Minandinho from Portugal and Ivyghasek the keeper is Russian etc

Completed my summer market, after a little break, in Pes 3.

Out the remaning defaults (Espimas, Macco and Njorgo), in two new starters: Karpin for the right wing, Mijatovic for the role of the second striker, and two new "second" choices; Sensini (one of my favourite "low-key" players ever in RL) as another good rotation element for all the defensive roles (midfield included) and Benarrivo for the wings, which will complete with Boyd the solid but way more normal couple ready to give breath to Collins and the aforementioned Karpin.

Even if I ended up with a kinda talented roster overall I only have 19 players, so I'll have to rotate pretty heavily, no idea how it all will play with the European Cups in between. Here is the group table:

group.jpg

Seems like a relatively tough one (even for the fact alone there is Chamartin), although I haven't checked how those teams are after four seasons, and it's more fun to face them without knowing anyway.

Completed my summer market, after a little break, in Pes 3.

Out the remaning defaults (Espimas, Macco and Njorgo), in two new starters: Karpin for the right wing, Mijatovic for the role of the second striker, and two new "second" choices; Sensini (one of my favourite "low-key" players ever in RL) as another good rotation element for all the defensive roles (midfield included) and Benarrivo for the wings, which will complete with Boyd the solid but way more normal couple ready to give breath to Collins and the aforementioned Karpin.

Even if I ended up with a kinda talented roster overall I only have 19 players, so I'll have to rotate pretty heavily, no idea how it all will play with the European Cups in between. Here is the group table:

Seems like a relatively tough one (even for the fact alone there is Chamartin), although I haven't checked how those teams are after four seasons, and it's more fun to face them without knowing anyway.
still waiting some Riganpool news dude. :)

@mattmid thats great , a lot work to do, but "worth" it :) i assume pesmaster is your best option.

https://www.pesmaster.com/miranda/pes-5/player/4543/

https://www.pesmaster.com/castolo/pes-5/player/4545/

https://www.pesmaster.com/ceciu/pes-5/player/4548/

Unfortunatelly you must search them manually on pes master

this may help too

https://pes-theorist.fandom.com/wiki/Master_League_Default_Players

Last edited:
@slamsoze glad you remember it mate :) ! I stopped the run when the whole pandemic started iirc. Since I was playing it at the time, I think my brain made a strange association between it and the stop of real football and I practically put it on hold indefinitely lol. I look forward to resume it in the next future, Pes 2011 is truly a gem.

still waiting some Riganpool news dude. :)

@mattmid thats great , a lot work to do, but "worth" it :) i assume pesmaster is your best option.

https://www.pesmaster.com/miranda/pes-5/player/4543/

https://www.pesmaster.com/castolo/pes-5/player/4545/

https://www.pesmaster.com/ceciu/pes-5/player/4548/

Unfortunatelly you must search them manually on pes master

this may help too

https://pes-theorist.fandom.com/wiki/Master_League_Default_Players

They spelled Colombo, Jano, Otto, Ragnotti, D’Agostino, Chierichi, Hruska, De Silva, Pavia, Kittie, Lawson, Munari, Gobbato, Satta, Ricart, Alviano, Farina, Alen, Stella, Anser and Carlson wrong. :LOL:

Did I ever link to this? Mighty handy.

They spelled Colombo, Jano, Otto, Ragnotti, D’Agostino, Chierichi, Hruska, De Silva, Pavia, Kittie, Lawson, Munari, Gobbato, Satta, Ricart, Alviano, Farina, Alen, Stella, Anser and Carlson wrong. :LOL:

Can't load the site at the moment, but I'm sure it's going to be!

@geeeeee What a couple of great games there! Nice time to find some form too and what a game Fulham will be now. A win could see you up yet a loss could see you needing a win in the final game (is it a straight 2 up/2 down in 2008, I assume so as PES6 was). What a goal from Guti as well, keeper had no chance!

I was hoping we'd draw Spurs in the cup to go to their new stadium, for some reason I'd never been to White Hart Lane even during the time we were in the Premier league, did most of the other London grounds but not them, I'm not even sure why not come to think of it! I tend to only go fairly local to away games these days, I can't be bothered with the six-ten hour round trips any more, especially as we are historically awful away from home. Funny story in relation to that, back in I think it was 98 or 99 me and a friend from work who was a football fan but had no particular affinity to anyone decided that on the days Pompey were away we'd visit some grounds across the country starting with the lower league. One saturday we'd decided on Darlington, just the 310 miles away! We set off around 8am and got their around 1.30pm or so as the traffic wasn't great in a couple of places. We then proceeded to watch one of the most boring 0-0's I've ever seen!! Driving home we ran into some of the worst fog I've ever seen (or not seen?) that brought us down to virtually a crawl. Eventually after about a 7 hour journey we made it back. Virtually 13 hours on the road to watch two teams we couldn't give a toss about play out a boring 0-0. :LOL: We did question why we had done it! But we did continue for the rest of the season and some of the next.

Regarding your Spurs trip this picture when Spurs at wembley sums up everything you said more than a thousand words could. The modern day Premier fan. No, just, no.

It's a sad state of affairs really that I don't even hope we ever get back to the Premier league. I enjoyed it at the time as it was new, we were getting to see top players and we had a couple of moments I never thought I'd see like winning the FA Cup and getting into the Europa Lge and playing AC Milan at home, them with Kaka, Inzaghi, Seedorf and Ronaldinho and so on. Had to pinch myself that night when we went 2-0 up! Me and my friend still talk about that moment because he turned to me at 2-0 and said, does it get any better than this? Well, the answer was no! It ended 2-2 and from that day on it all went downhill on and off the pitch. We concluded him saying that was pretty much the turning point :)

After that though each season all your thought was at the start was can we stay up - where's the enjoyment in that season after season? It's been more fun these last 4-5 seasons challenging up the top end of the table and you know what, beating Cheltenham 6-1 on the last day of the season three years ago to win League 2 after the two teams above us failed to win was probably the best moment I've had supporting them. We were never top of the table the entire season. In the end we were top for just 32 minutes of the season, unbelievable.

Compare that to being a Premier team fan and 'celebrating' finishing fourth because you made the champions league! I know which I'd rather have. I don't think I'd be looking back saying do you remember that season we finished fourth!

@slamsoze Thanks for doing hat! :) That's great to know then.
:LOL: That picture sums it up perfectly.

What team do you support Matt?

Is it me or is this thread always on fire? There is always something new to read each day which is great.

Whether it be new ML stories, European comps being relived, or editing confusion being solved. It is a great read.

I am not much of a writer as I do not always have the time but thanks for your posts guys. :)

It has many spell errors, but I assume that they are low team in numbers.
Btw since pes Master covers only pes5 and them 2011~2020 , it has come to my mind many times a way to cover pes 3,4,6 , 2008, 2009, 2010. Something like pesmaster, maybe, not like neoseeker only, a blog, or a topic, or an excel.
There is a gap there, that needs to be covered.

Can't load the site at the moment, but I'm sure it's going to be!

Aye it's been a pain. Needs a couple of refreshes. Basically it's all the stats from PES4 to PES14. I think that's handy in the context of the conversation. That said, I've been reading on my phone while watching the 1983 Cup Winners' Cup final and the opening game of Euro '96 at the same time, so maybe I've lost the thread completely and it's a total irrelevance!

Btw since pes Master covers only pes5 and them 2011~2020 , it has come to my mind many times a way to cover pes 3,4,6 , 2008, 2009, 2010. Something like pesmaster, maybe, not like neoseeker only, a blog, or a topic, or an excel.

I downloaded the spreadsheets if the PSD is acting up. Could upload them tomorrow and share.

Real urge to play ISS Pro Evolution now. Great memories. People forget Miranda (not Minanda) was once cleaning Pavia's creative boots!

I cant find Ivarov on there despite many variations tried! Who knows how they've spelled his name. Can get his stats from 6 though.

@Flipper the Priest No joy yet so that would be useful if you have them handy. :) Probably can't put it here these days as it may offend but I remember the rather clever wordplay, if offensive now, banner in the crowd (at least I think it was that final) about Alex McLeish.

Just getting the stats on there for those in PES5 and bloody hell seeing it like this I realise how few left footers there were in the squad. :)

Right, I think we have virtually all (excluding same player/name changes) up to PES 2008.

Age, positions and name is as shown for the PES5 version as I got it from the pesmaster pes5 section.

36 in all but there's only room for 32 in the squad so we need to lose 4. Any suggestions?

ml.JPGSPOILER]

Right, I think we have virtually all (excluding same player/name changes) up to PES 2008.

Age, positions and name is as shown for the PES5 version as I got it from the pesmaster pes5 section.

36 in all but there's only room for 32 in the squad so we need to lose 4. Any suggestions?

Always hated Huylens and Giersen for a reason.. :P

I cant find Ivarov on there despite many variations tried! Who knows how they've spelled his name. Can get his stats from 6 though.

@Flipper the Priest No joy yet so that would be useful if you have them handy. :) Probably can't put it here these days as it may offend but I remember the rather clever wordplay, if offensive now, banner in the crowd (at least I think it was that final) about Alex McLeish.

Just getting the stats on there for those in PES5 and bloody hell seeing it like this I realise how few left footers there were in the squad. :)
https://www.pesmaster.com/ivanov/pes-5/player/4535/
Found it although it must be same stats with pes6.

Too painful to choose! Save perhaps Nachdecal (for some reasons never made the guy play much if anything- must solve it in future, I can already imagine a Nachdecal is your new eternal captain challenge arising or something :D) I think I have fond memories of more or less all of them. If somebody would point a gun at my head, I'd probably pick Giersen as well as Slam, and Lothar. Maybe if I really had to say four names I'd add Baumann and Libermann as even if I don't particularly dislike them I've always found both to be less charismatic than the old defender guys.

By the way you forgot Kelsen between the keepers, Matt :P

Thanks for mentioning that team, I had meant to post this a long while ago but totally forgot about it:
I stumbled upon a veery interesting blog article about the ML Defaults of ISS Pro Evolution...
https://thezerocar.wordpress.com/20...me-laced-with-obscure-italian-car-references/
...the Alfa Romeo Defaults! This has to be one of the most interesting retro-PES "easter eggs" in history.

@mattmid: Eliminate Minanda, Zamenhof, Stein and Espimas...
...just kidding! I'm with Mad, Nachdecal could go. Ostwaut and Ceciu never did much for me. Huylens is the eternal poacher super-sub, don't lose him! Giersen is not that bad but if I had to choose the 4th to go, it'd be him probably.

Thanks for mentioning that team, I had meant to post this a long while ago but totally forgot about it:
I stumbled upon a veery interesting blog article about the ML Defaults of ISS Pro Evolution...
https://thezerocar.wordpress.com/20...me-laced-with-obscure-italian-car-references/
...the Alfa Romeo Defaults! This has to be one of the most interesting retro-PES "easter eggs" in history.

@mattmid: Eliminate Minanda, Zamenhof, Stein and Espimas...
...just kidding! I'm with Mad, Nachdecal could go. Ostwaut and Ceciu never did much for me. Huylens is the eternal poacher super-sub, don't lose him! Giersen is not that bad but if I had to choose the 4th to go, it'd be him probably.

Ha! It was actually that article I copied and pasted the names from but I didn't actually read it. Fascinating, and bizarre.

I always ripped the Hart(y) out my team at the first opportunity. No room for three DMs and Iorga just gets the nod as the back up. And Zamenhof. Last in, first out.

@slamsoze @Madmac79 @miguelfcp

Right then, Nachdecal seems nailed on to be let go. Giersen is getting a lot of votes and Ceciu can go with him as I don't think I ever played him. So now it's down to the last man

I'm thinking maybe Harty as he's 38 and Stein/Dodo is the likely first choice for most people?

I will put those four in as free agents though. :)

As I see @Flipper the Priest just mentioned him right above my post that's Harty confirmed then as the fourth.

Zamenhof has to stay, he's legendary in this thread :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom