The Retro-PES Corner

A question for you guys...

Does anybody happen to know if it is ok to use my music library for 'unlisted' youtube videos?

I am not making any money, I only have 7 subscribers, and don't post any 'public' videos.

Thanks

Guys, i haven't been playing the champions league in the pes 5 master league for many years and i didn't remember how it was structured.
In the first season I finished third, so I had to play a preliminary group of four teams, and now I have to play a second group of four (Arsenal, Chelsea and Fenerbahce).
Winning trophies is very difficult, considering that you are forced to make turnover.
I am loving this game to madness :EASY:

A question for you guys...

Does anybody happen to know if it is ok to use my music library for 'unlisted' youtube videos?

I am not making any money, I only have 7 subscribers, and don't post any 'public' videos.

Thanks

You can check it here. Some songs you can use it if you don't monetize the video in question, some others you just can't or you risk the algorythm may block you even if you don't monetize it. I think it's kind of a shady area tho.

By the way, Camavinga already looks like a beast, compared with Iouga and Dodo probably more like Davids reincarnation :D .
Plus, fun to see my own Lazio super flop Morrison winning top assistman title :D .. but I guess the potential is still there :).

Last edited:
Thanks @Madmac79 I just took a chance and whacked a tune on there anyway. It‘s not like it’s commercial or well know so hopefully it should be ok. I remember having a replay from FIFA 16 on youtube once. About a year later i got an email telling me that they took the video off because of copyright infringement. The thing is that the music was the music from withins the game itself. I guess the contract with FIFA expired because the new one was out or something like that.

Yes Camavinga does look pretty good. I prefer to buy real players as I can do a bit of research on them. Hopefully he will turn out to be a hidden gem. I remember my brother buying Nasri in his PES 5 (i think) ML from Marsielle and we hadn't heard of him then and he was excellent. Then he went to Arsenal in real life.

Are you a Lazio fan?

Hmm... i just noticed that Barcelona finished top of the Ranking Teams again in my ML which makes it 2 for them. But they have not won a major european cup yet. Maybe it goes on what players they have. If that’s the case I may finish my ML when someone wins the Champions League 5 or 10 times and not when someone finishes top of the Ranking League 5 or 10 times.

@geeeeee Nice season round up. :) What a semi final that Barcelona v Bayern was!! I do think there's a criminal under use of Zamenhof though. ;) The Canvey Chairman's apparently not too happy about splashing the cash for a new keeper, who headbutts the post after hitting clearances at forwards heads for freak goals, when he has Zamenhof to turn to who is perfectly capable of that kind of caper. :)

Any retirements yet?

@mattmid thanks, i have also been spending most of the evening writing up the results on my iPad and doing a separate page for honours etc..

In my stats obsessed evening I noticed Huddersfield lost both EFL (Div 2) Finals and also Borussia Dortmund lost both Europa League Finals.

And i noticed at the beginning of the new season, Kane is whacking in the goals for Spurs. Notice their Champions League position and his total goal tally. At the end of last season Kane had 46 and Aguero 45. Now it’s Kane 60, Aguero 48! I have never seen a jump that big before.

1591051631895.jpeg

1591051668203.jpeg

I have had no retirements yet although Minanda has left because i did not renew his contract. 😢 Remember i have changed my rules because I have given myself a time limit that this ML will continue until a club finishes as top ranked team 5 or 10 times, or a team wins the CL 5 or 10 times. Have not made my mind up yet what it will be :P So in order to try to win those titles before others do, i have had to invest but i am in debt for the new season. Which brings its own challenge now.

Don’t worry Zamenhof is working behind the scenes. I have him doing the editing for me :LOL:

So my Pes 3 adventure continued as well and season almost came to and end. Lost a magnificent back and forth game against Juve in a rainy Delle Alpi:

juvewer.jpg

and now the table, with four matches to go, looks like this:

pes3 2020-06-01 21-09-59-87.jpg

Will be a bloody mess of a final I guess.
Next game I have Milan at home, always tough to play with them.

@geeeeee yes I'm a Lazio fan :) .
By the way, love the idea of whoever wins 5/10 CL, "wins" the ML. Gives you something to fight for some serious long term. To think I barely won a single "CL" in my longest Pes 5 ML..

In between editing two OF's for 2013 I decided to start a 'league' season within the ML using the Danish 3rd div clubs, with the extra 6 (there's two leagues of 12) and the 12 teams of Division 2 put into another league which will act as Division 1 so they will take part in the cup. I also added them in case I decide to continue on in the fashion of how you could in the league campaign in all those other versions of the game when they didn't take the league mode out!

I have appointed myself as manager of Bronshoj and for now I am just going to manage them and see how it goes as I've always wanted to try that.

The first game of the season was away to Hillerod, a team likely to finish in the bottom half of the table so a game we wanted to get something out of.

Hillerod 2-0 Bronshoj

Ultimately a disappointing result if it a little harsh. We were in it the whole game and it seemed likely one goal was going to win it for either team. My keeper Korch made a couple of excellent saves, the first one early on in particular was outstanding. Petersen was a threat all game and when he missed the penalty I thought it just might not be his day. I was quite impressed with his appeal for the corner after blazing wide though. :) I thought we played some good stuff at times with a couple of nice passages of play that are in the highlights above. A good header from a corner though, which Korch almost kept out and then a nice through ball for the second as we chased the game and that was it done.

I really like the noticeable speed difference in the second goal, watch how my defender nearest struggles to get after the striker who is clean through whilst my other CB Fearrington (who played really well throughout) was making a lot of ground up but didn't have enough time to get to him. Nice to see the speed stat still playing an important part in the action in 2013.

Last edited:
I lately tried PES6 on my family's TV monitor, which for some reason allowed me to run graphics on 1080p (despite it being a normal HD TV, not Full HD, and also my laptop's resolution is just 1366*768). Aaaaaand, it was the best graphic experience I have ever seen with PES6, I discovered that I wasn't enjoying the game all these years. I am now sure that this game is meant to be played on 1080p. Nothing less.
The details look better, and best of all, the aliasing problems disappeared. HD Pitches look stunning. Goal nets are clear and do not have that ugly look in lesser resolutions.

I feel like I wasted all these last 14 years playing PES6 on 768p and 720p before that. The difference is huge.

I'm sure the same for PES5 and WE9/WE9LE an co.

Damn it now I seriously think of buying a Full HD TV Monitor.

@Flipper the Priest: Definitely. I used Kallon mostly as a RMF to take advantage of his pace down the wing and though he often wrecked havoc on the opponent's defense, as it usually happens with these super-fast type of players, his crossing, passing or shooting at the end of the play would almost always be horrible.

I've found the elusive Ronald De Boo, also Van Newsly on Edit Mode. That's a good question, does Retro-PES Professor @slamsoze know anything about the Oranges question? It's particularly strange that later on they got away with also unlicensed Dutch names like Von Mistelroum...

Last night after much wandering around - including dipping my toe on the ML environment; how cool is the fact that you can edit all of the ML teams whilst on an ongoing save? Yet another feature that disappeared later on... - I played a match with Parma and what a team they had. Taffarel, Cannavaro, Sensini, Nakata, Di Vaio, Hakan Sukur...plus that beautiful yellow and blue kit! I might go for another Pseudo-CL controlling them.

@*aLe: Great to see you around here again, my friend. Honestly you can't go wrong with any of those two titles, but I'll throw this out there: why not...PES3? Fantastic, flawless gameplay and a smaller database which is more welcoming for you to edit your project in.
What players are you thinking about introducing on your file? Downright invented ones?

Aye, the faster you go, the clumsier the player becomes. Especially if they're of lesser quality. Just as it should be, Konami...

It's an odd sequence. Real names in PES, Oranges in PES2, fake names and duplicates in PES3. If I remember correctly from doing my option file, the real and fake in PES3 have mildly different stats too.

Generally speaking, I wonder if it was necessary for Konami to become increasingly obscure in their naming of players. Why did Jones go from [Cobi] Johns in PES to [Kenwyne] Jibohou in PES6? Who wants to write a piece about the history of licences in PES? I'll play editor, headline already written:

KEEPING UP WITH THE JIBOHOUS

A question for you Dutchmen (if any)...

I'm finding it difficult to "translate" real names of PES 5 and PES 6 teams into credible fake ones, but still "hinting" to the club (or, at least, to the town/city).
This is what I got so far (halfway through!) but I'm at a loss. Are these any good?

ADO Den HaagClingendael
AjaxMuseumplein (from PES 3)
CambuurWillemskade
FeyenoordCoolsingel (from... What was it, PES 2?)
HeerenveenFriesland (how original!)
NAC BredaWilhelminapark
PEC ZwolleOverijssel
PSVStadhuisplein (from PES 3)
UtrechtJaarbeursplein
Any suggestion would be much appreciated. :)

@*aLe How about anagrams of the place name.

ADO Den HaagHagen Adado
AjaxXaja
CambuurBrumuca
FeyenoordFonydeero
HeerenveenToomanyeese (think about it)
NAC BredaBreadcan
PEC ZwolleZC Peewoll
PSV EindhovenHVI Sevenpond
UtrechtChutter

Some of them are great indeed!

Finally, after 5 seasons, conquered D1!

pes3 2020-06-02 18-06-14-99.jpg pes3 2020-06-02 18-06-17-42.jpg

Lost against Milan, of course (usual double by Sheva) , I had just two point on Juventus.

Three games to go, what would have later revelead as a super tense match against Bourgougne is next. Baggio wasn't in shape (blue arrow and already very tired), so I started with Monteanu in his place as an OMF, Sheringham and Bierhoof forwards. The more the game was going the more I just couldn't get through, while risking here and there against their freightening duo Cassano-Rebrov.. so, in an attempt of moving things, I put in Baggio for Sheringham, and he almost immediately rewarded me producing this:

to me, it had everything I love about Pes. Baggio close dribbling, like only him could have done in my entire team, a quick glance to the center and a perfect cross for an half dead Bierhoff who found the strength to crush both defs and smash it in. All of this in the most probably dramatic moment of the season, as without a win Juventus would have come even with us. As per usual, the unique moments and narratives this games can procedurally generate are amazing.

Then the mathematical certainty of the title came the next week, against Olympiakos/Peloponnisos, where a much more trivial goal of the same Divin Codino:

sealed it, thanks also to Parma beating Juventus 2-3.
I've then won 2-1 a quite relaxing last game against Athenakos/Panathinaikos.

Final table:

pes3 2020-06-02 18-16-37-01.jpg

Baggio was my top assistman, and also top scorer togheter with Bierhoff and Sheringham (7 goals each).
Don't know what I'll do with the market. De Goey's contract is finally running out and I might seriously end up buying Zoff as Matt suggested :D , and maybe, but I'm not sure, another sign or two to be fully competitive.

Now I'll probably do a little break with Pes 3 before trying to tackle the treble, cause there is some other pending stuff I'd like to do some tourney and some exploration with, but man it's incredible how this game can feel so fresh even after 5 seasons one after another.

@Flipper the Priest: Definitely. I used Kallon mostly as a RMF to take advantage of his pace down the wing and though he often wrecked havoc on the opponent's defense, as it usually happens with these super-fast type of players, his crossing, passing or shooting at the end of the play would almost always be horrible.

I've found the elusive Ronald De Boo, also Van Newsly on Edit Mode. That's a good question, does Retro-PES Professor @slamsoze know anything about the Oranges question? It's particularly strange that later on they got away with also unlicensed Dutch names like Von Mistelroum...

Last night after much wandering around - including dipping my toe on the ML environment; how cool is the fact that you can edit all of the ML teams whilst on an ongoing save? Yet another feature that disappeared later on... - I played a match with Parma and what a team they had. Taffarel, Cannavaro, Sensini, Nakata, Di Vaio, Hakan Sukur...plus that beautiful yellow and blue kit! I might go for another Pseudo-CL controlling them.

@*aLe: Great to see you around here again, my friend. Honestly you can't go wrong with any of those two titles, but I'll throw this out there: why not...PES3? Fantastic, flawless gameplay and a smaller database which is more welcoming for you to edit your project in.
What players are you thinking about introducing on your file? Downright invented ones?
This is something I have zero clue and only theory. What makes someone go from Ravoldi to Revant?? An eternal mystery!
The oranges case was also in some early 00s fifa, 2001 or 02 or 03. They had some numerical codes, so there I suspect confused licensing on teams side.

@mattmid some good saves and good play in your PES2013 highlights. The CPU looks quite good at dribbling. Interesting to see the different speeds between players that you highlighted. When I was editing and playing 2013 i read posts about the catch up bug and i think i allowed the placebo to work in my brain and i eventually stopped my work on it. So it is good to see it is not evident in your games. :)

@Madmac79 well done, well done that is great stuff. Some really good goals and I love the scenario that developed with Baggio coming on setting up the goal. I loved the way he looked up before he crossed it. :)

@miguelfcp @mattmid there's a question for you.
How did you "overwrite" licensed kits with edit-mode ones for the AMADOR OF? Is it just a matter of "base copying" a team over another with PES Editor?
Do you remember if the other team details (logo, name, stadium, supporter colours, banners) get preserved?

I already started renaming some players in my sooner-or-later-to-be "ISS Experience" OF (the 100% unlicensed one I was talking about earlier) and I don't want to break anything in the process.
Well, I could aswell backup the file, try it myself, and see what happens... But since you have already managed to do it, I thought I'd borrow some expertise. 😉

...and hopefully it will work the same way also for PES 5, if I'm lucky... As the more I play the more I think that's the game for me to start with.
Basically, there are more unlicensed teams in PES 5 compared to PES 6 (and the gameplay is at least on par) so that was the deciding factor.
Too bad PES 5 doesn't have as many choices as PES 6 has in terms of editing within the OF (different kit layers, less faces/hair combinations) but I'll happily make do with what I have I guess.

By the way, should I ever decide to bring the project to PES 6... Would I be allowed to borrow some names/appearances from the AMADOR OF?
I'd really love to bring Fortini, 'Pizzi' (you know who he is don't you?), Elli and the guys with me. 😄
I promise I won't steal stats (as I'd love to keep this as close to the original PES experience as possible).

Sorry for the delay, man!

It's an interesting question, as I remember my Tyneside ML in PES 3 being one of the best I ever had.

The reason behind the choice is basically that I'm more accustomed to Compulsion's tools (and to editing PES 5 and 6 in general) but indeed nothing would stop me from trying my luck with PES 3 and from importing the few missing narrow-back kits in the data file (I honestly don't know if Kitserver 3 had AFS2FS support back then) to keep them consistent with the ones already there.

I would just need to gather all my memories together and remember how to edit the PES 3 OF (there was a tool named EDIT PES 3 OF if I recall correctly) and there was an EXE editor to change collar type/geometry and numbers/fonts IIRC but I can't recall its name (let alone find it on the net).

The laughing stock of all this is that I still remember the "most difficult" part of the process as I definitely remember how to use AFS Explorer and WE Picture Decoder (so importing kits in the .bin files and then importing the .bin files in the data_X wouldn't be a huge problem) but I can't get my head around the one which is, possibly, the easiest part of the job.

Last edited:
@miguelfcp @mattmid there's a question for you.
How did you "overwrite" licensed kits with edit-mode ones for the AMADOR OF? Is it just a matter of "base copying" a team over another with PES Editor?
Do you remember if the other team details (logo, name, stadium, supporter colours, banners) get preserved?

By the way, should I ever decide to bring the project to PES 6... Would I be allowed to borrow some names/appearances from the AMADOR OF?
I'd really love to bring Fortini, 'Pizzi' (you know who he is don't you?), Elli and the guys with me. 😄
I promise I won't steal stats (as I'd love to keep this as close to the original PES experience as possible).

Yes I did it in the editor copying over an unlicensed team. It does mess up banners and emblems. Emblems you can get around by using the slots in the OF and assigning them to teams in the editor. If you have more than that changed, as we did, you can put them into the 535/536 bin slots although they have shared palettes so I needed @sniglet 's help for that as that's beyond me.

Make sure if you are copying unlicensed teams over to not use the same one over and over again if you're going beyond the number of slots in the OF as they'll all take that teams slot in 535/536 and then if you run out of emblem space in the editor whichever logo you put in 535 then every team they replaced will get that emblem! Having an emblem in the OF takes precedence but for those you don't have room then that will happen if the same team are copied over more than one.

As an example in case that's confusing, say you overwrote 52 teams and used Team A every time to replace them. Let's say you put 50 emblems (it depends on colours remember on how many you can put in the OF) then the other two teams left would both have Team A's emblem in the 535/536 file as would all the other teams but because there's an emblem in the OF that is used for those teams so that isn't a problem.

With banners every team you copied would have the same banners as that one. I don't think there's a way round that if you're copying unlicensed teams over. Not sure though as we didn't get involved in banners for Amador.

Yes, you're welcome to use anything you like from Amador :)

Generally speaking, I wonder if it was necessary for Konami to become increasingly obscure in their naming of players. Why did Jones go from [Cobi] Johns in PES to [Kenwyne] Jibohou in PES6? Who wants to write a piece about the history of licences in PES?
It's always been a little fuzzy honestly.

Look at the very first Italy team in ISS... Pagani? OK, that's a Pagliuca reference there.
Premoli? I can't think of any player. Galfano? Neither.
Riggio could be a little stretched reference to Baggio, but Baggio would fill Galfano's spot more than Riggio's...
And even abroad: Capitale might aswell be Caniggia, but I can't tell anyone linked to Allejo for example.

Not every player was linked to a real-life counterpart (for example Allejo had for some years the likes of Bebeto in ISS and ISS Deluxe and then the likes of Ronaldo in ISS64, without being a direct reference to any of the two) but generally names were lifelike.
Premoli and Pabi, Carboni, Riggio are all surnames that make sense in Italian.

Then we went to a phase in which names were almost self-explanatory, starting from ISS 98, but being something that would never work in the intended language (Belbiero? OK it's clearly Del Piero but, in italian... Meh). Moric being the 'fake' maric in ISS 98 was a welcome exception (Moric is a well-known Croatian surname here in Italy and my fellow Italian friends can confirm that).

This period has gone on for quite a while (von Mistelroum anyone? Bunnatek for Blazek?) then then they slowly drifted to something way less sensible.

I wish we could be back to the start here (and that's what I intend to do).
I don't care if the Italy lineup would end up being something like Bossi in goal, Borghezio and Salvini CB's, Calderoli and Belsito fullbacks and so on (oh, the irony. Seeing all of them play for Italy would be sweet). They would have no reference to the actual players but they would have surnames that work in their language (a thing that for me is more important).
Wouldn't you love Janssens leading Belgium to glory instead of a dull Hozert even if the latter would remind us of Hazard and the former doesn't? I for sure would.

Last edited:
If you have more than that changed, as we did, you can put them into the 535/536 bin slots although they have shared palettes so I needed @sniglet 's help for that as that's beyond me.
Thanks for the heads up!
I think I could try and manage the shared palette thing: it was like that also for PES 5 kits (home and away needed to have the same palette in order to have interchangeable parts otherwise they'd be messy) and I kinda managed to get hold of it. It's a matter of removing all the dust that has settled on my memories during the years but the fundamentals should still be there (as I said earlier, I'm more confident in editing PES 5 and 6 than I am in editing PES 3 and 4, and the shared palette thing for kits was a huge obstacle to overcome at the time).

I'm a bit worried about the emblem/banner part but I'll have to try and see what happens I guess.

Thank you again.

Last edited:
This period has gone on for quite a while (von Mistelroum anyone? Bunnatek for Blazek?) then then they slowly drifted to something way less sensible.
It could be something to do with the evolution of licensing and catching on to individuals cottoning on to someone exploiting their likenesses with out permission. Swapping a couple of letters around in player names wasn't gonna fly under the radar of lawsuits the same way anymore which is why they had to get even more vague with naming conventions.

I think by the time PES 6 and the Bundesliga was infamously removed completely with no fake players to give us a clue about who's who, Was the time legal representatives got more aggressive with stamping down on infringements, Probably combined with pressure from EA and FIFA too.

Semi Finals of EURO 2012 are up. Also features the goal of the tournament competition.

A couple of really eventful games. It's always bittersweet when summer tournaments reach this stage don't you think? Something about it feels kind of, I dunno.. Lonely? All good things must come to an end? There's that feeling at the start of a tournament where the group stages are bustling, 3 fixtures per day and so much news and gossip to digest, Summer truly begins and it really feels like a festival of football.

Then as the participants are divided as we make our way through the playoffs, Games take place at night and there's a real subconscious sense of time being short and precious. Then there's 4... Then there were 2. The experience is coming to an end lads, So is summer.

Then if your country is one of the final 2 then there's the tremendous nervousness, anticipation and anxiety that follows. You wait your whole life for this moment to see your country represented in the final and you hope it's going to the happiest memory of your life or if they fail it's feel like an entire set up for disappointment. Ah, Welp that's Football. Well enough sentiment. Here's the EURO Semi finals!

It's time for the Final Four! Netherlands & Portugal rematch their group stage encounter which ended as a draw and Italy take on The Three Lions, England.

@*aLe I think the saddest part about it is that it needs to be like that at all. Licensing is one huge rip off. The teams/players are getting free publicity and notoriety and getting their 'brand' (hate that) out to the world. Competitions, shirt sponsors and so on are getting free global advertising and the games companies and us indirectly have to pay for the privilege of using it.

Emblems should be ok, we had to make every single team unlicensed.

A couple of really eventful games. It's always bittersweet when summer tournaments reach this stage don't you think? Something about it feels kind of, I dunno.. Lonely? All good things must come to an end? There's that feeling at the start of a tournament where the group stages are bustling, 3 fixtures per day and so much news and gossip to digest, Summer truly begins and it really feels like a festival of football.

Then as the participants are divided as we make our way through the playoffs, Games take place at night and there's a real subconscious sense of time being short and precious. Then there's 4... Then there were 2. The experience is coming to an end lads, So is summer.

That captures the feeling perfectly :) I think gradually over the years with football being so global now and information on all leagues well known, the best players all playing in a few top leagues that air of the unknown has sadly gone. I used to look forward to the Euro's and World Cup so much, itching to find out about new players I had at best heard the name of and generally never seen, even from other European countries. Things like seeing Maradona for the first time, watching the Brazil 1982 team as a kid and wowing at the likes of Zico, Socrates, Falcao and so on, going out to the park the next day with friends and trying to swerve the ball in free kicks. Even later on, Roger Milla of Cameroon, the Laudrups of Denmark, seeing them the first time in the Euro's, so many players you'd never get to see, so much talent and it was all a new experience in some amazing sensory overload of football heaven.

Now unless some real obscure team qualifies there's barely a player that you haven't heard of and most you've seen endless times. I still love to watch the tournaments but that magical air of the unknown has sadly gone.

Then if your country is one of the final 2 then there's the tremendous nervousness, anticipation and anxiety that follows. You wait your whole life for this moment to see your country represented in the final and you hope it's going to the happiest memory of your life or if they fail it's feel like an entire set up for disappointment. Ah, Welp that's Football. Well enough sentiment

This sadly for us is an eternal England experience!

It could be something to do with the evolution of licensing and catching on to individuals cottoning on to someone exploiting their likenesses with out permission. Swapping a couple of letters around in player names wasn't gonna fly under the radar of lawsuits the same way anymore which is why they had to get even more vague with naming conventions.
I agree.
What I don't understand is the role FIFPro has in all of this.
I used to think that players from the nations part of FIFPro could be represented if the developer reached an agreement with FIFPro itself, and I can see that PES is licensed in that regard:
KONAMI said:
The use of images and names of the football players in this game is under license from FIFPro Commercial Enterprises BV. © 2019
But I can't see players from the USA having real names and appearances for example. Some of them are even duplicated, so they could have their real name in their club and a fake name in the USMNT.

Then if your country is one of the final 2 then there's the tremendous nervousness, anticipation and anxiety that follows. You wait your whole life for this moment to see your country represented in the final and you hope it's going to the happiest memory of your life or if they fail it's feel like an entire set up for disappointment. Ah, Welp that's Football. Well enough sentiment.
This brings tooooo many bad memories to me! 🤬
1994, as a kid, I had to see Italy defeated in the final against Brazil. I burst into tears too when I saw Baresi crying.
Then, I was already on the verge of rushing out from home with the Italian flag in 2000 to celebrate a historical Euro win... And you know what happened.
2006 didn't satisfy me, not even a bit.
And then came 2012. 😓

This brings tooooo many bad memories to me! 🤬
1994, as a kid, I had to see Italy defeated in the final against Brazil. I burst into tears too when I saw Baresi crying.
Then, I was already on the verge of rushing out from home with the Italian flag in 2000 to celebrate a historical Euro win... And you know what happened.
2006 didn't satisfy me, not even a bit.
And then came 2012. 😓

and then there's the game against South Korea in 2002...

Back
Top Bottom