The Retro-PES Corner

Alright guys, it's been some harsh days for me.

Yes, I am sampa543. I had tons of stuff going on and was feeling awful in the sense of my mental health.

I had been feeling kinda unmotivated for like a month or so, basically since the start of the year. But I kinda felt some comfort in this forum. People like me, retro PES enthusiasts like me, who had the same passion I had for these games, like me.

And everything was great, I was having a great time in here, but then I started feeling awful. My temper was becoming worse, and I would feel frustrated with the most tiny thing. I couldn't concentrate at all (I needed to study for an exam) and like not even PES 5 and PES 6 were making me feel better, because I would feel frustrated over not being able to decide what to play, and I also started getting stressed with that as well, which worried me.

And then it happened, last friday I went to take the exam, nervous, feeling unprepared because of all the concentration I couldn't get to study. And I absolutely blew it. That was the last straw. I started to get even worse, and on sunday I decided to take a tiny break from everything, just disconnecting and spending time with myself. So I decided to ask @Tom to delete my account. I was going to come back once I felt better.

I might not be as active because I'm still working things through, but at the same time I wanted to let you guys know that I am feeling a bit better and I didn't want to leave you without any explanation as to why I requested for my account to be deleted.

By the way two much less and relevant reasons why I wanted my account deleted: I didn't like my username anymore lmao. And also I had made a new email so I wanted to have an account linked to it (I don't know if you can change your email but heh, it doesn't matter anymore lol). But, those are secondary reasons, the first one I mentioned is the main one.

But, back to PES: honestly I gave up on PES 5 and PES 6. I just stopped getting as excited as I used to be with them. I decided to try new PES games and enjoy them as much as I can.

My choice: thanks to @Flipper the Priest's videos, I decided to try PES 3. And what a game. I felt the gameplay more fluid, plus there are different commentaries for the spanish language (starting from PES 4 the narrator was Juan Carlos Rivero and the analyst was Iñaki Cano, but in PES 3 it's Guillem Balague and Carlos Martinez). It felt nice hearing different voices in matches, since I was getting a bit bored of the other ones.

I started a Master League with Parma in 5 stars difficulty, and oh my, absolutely beautiful. I love the system, and the ideas for the leagues. Plus the play offs thing is really interesting and I loved it.

But, I think I will switch to the WE7i version, and try some stuff. By the way, I am having a hard time finding the location of the option files for PES3/WE7i and PES4/WE8i, since they're not located in the Documents folder like in the case of PES 5 and PES 6. So if anyone knows, and I think Flipper is the most likely to know since he even uploaded a PES 3 option file in this forum, could you please tell me where is it?

Thanks y'all, I hope you understand why I asked to have my account deleted, and well I hope from now on I start feeling better and can start being my normal self again.

Alright guys, it's been some harsh days for me.

Yes, I am sampa543. I had tons of stuff going on and was feeling awful in the sense of my mental health.

I had been feeling kinda unmotivated for like a month or so, basically since the start of the year. But I kinda felt some comfort in this forum. People like me, retro PES enthusiasts like me, who had the same passion I had for these games, like me.

And everything was great, I was having a great time in here, but then I started feeling awful. My temper was becoming worse, and I would feel frustrated with the most tiny thing. I couldn't concentrate at all (I needed to study for an exam) and like not even PES 5 and PES 6 were making me feel better, because I would feel frustrated over not being able to decide what to play, and I also started getting stressed with that as well, which worried me.

And then it happened, last friday I went to take the exam, nervous, feeling unprepared because of all the concentration I couldn't get to study. And I absolutely blew it. That was the last straw. I started to get even worse, and on sunday I decided to take a tiny break from everything, just disconnecting and spending time with myself. So I decided to ask @Tom to delete my account. I was going to come back once I felt better.

I might not be as active because I'm still working things through, but at the same time I wanted to let you guys know that I am feeling a bit better and I didn't want to leave you without any explanation as to why I requested for my account to be deleted.

By the way two much less and relevant reasons why I wanted my account deleted: I didn't like my username anymore lmao. And also I had made a new email so I wanted to have an account linked to it (I don't know if you can change your email but heh, it doesn't matter anymore lol). But, those are secondary reasons, the first one I mentioned is the main one.

But, back to PES: honestly I gave up on PES 5 and PES 6. I just stopped getting as excited as I used to be with them. I decided to try new PES games and enjoy them as much as I can.

My choice: thanks to @Flipper the Priest's videos, I decided to try PES 3. And what a game. I felt the gameplay more fluid, plus there are different commentaries for the spanish language (starting from PES 4 the narrator was Juan Carlos Rivero and the analyst was Iñaki Cano, but in PES 3 it's Guillem Balague and Carlos Martinez). It felt nice hearing different voices in matches, since I was getting a bit bored of the other ones.

I started a Master League with Parma in 5 stars difficulty, and oh my, absolutely beautiful. I love the system, and the ideas for the leagues. Plus the play offs thing is really interesting and I loved it.

But, I think I will switch to the WE7i version, and try some stuff. By the way, I am having a hard time finding the location of the option files for PES3/WE7i and PES4/WE8i, since they're not located in the Documents folder like in the case of PES 5 and PES 6. So if anyone knows, and I think Flipper is the most likely to know since he even uploaded a PES 3 option file in this forum, could you please tell me where is it?

Thanks y'all, I hope you understand why I asked to have my account deleted, and well I hope from now on I start feeling better and can start being my normal self again.
in pes3/we7i option file is located in "save" folder of main pes3/we7i folder.

and here you can find option file made by @Flipper the Priest : https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-3-option-file.82479/

and this is the best patch for pes3 (with your beloved spanish commentary): https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-3-world-patch-2003-04.82940/

What @MadbaLL said: C:\Program Files (x86)\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 3\save\KONAMI-WIN32PES3OPT is where mine is, to be precise.

I've actually improved my OF but I can't quite figure out where it is after I ditched it to pursue my jailbroken PS3 love affair! I'll find it at some point.

Sorry to read about what you're going through @Madman05. I've had my problems for a long time now which sometimes bubble up and I get into that state of mind. You can learn how to manage it, in time. There's no point in preaching, as I can only stand bay what works for me, but disconnecting is a good tactic. I plan my week out in advance, quite meticulously, including set times for social media, forums, etc. It gives you control. To make sure I behave I have a Nokia 105 that I will downgrade to for a few days or weeks, and stick my smartphone in a drawer! Out of sight, out of mind.

Glad to have offered some PES3-shaped inspiration. It really is the best for me, on the pitch, and the Master League set up is nicely balanced. WE7I refines it even more. I think headed goals are all too common in PES3, and it's made more difficult. The keeper can drop the ball, which I like as it suits the way I play, and the ball in question can be this one, which is just lovely.

What @MadbaLL said: C:\Program Files (x86)\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 3\save\KONAMI-WIN32PES3OPT is where mine is, to be precise.

I've actually improved my OF but I can't quite figure out where it is after I ditched it to pursue my jailbroken PS3 love affair! I'll find it at some point.

Sorry to read about what you're going through @Madman05. I've had my problems for a long time now which sometimes bubble up and I get into that state of mind. You can learn how to manage it, in time. There's no point in preaching, as I can only stand bay what works for me, but disconnecting is a good tactic. I plan my week out in advance, quite meticulously, including set times for social media, forums, etc. It gives you control. To make sure I behave I have a Nokia 105 that I will downgrade to for a few days or weeks, and stick my smartphone in a drawer! Out of sight, out of mind.

Glad to have offered some PES3-shaped inspiration. It really is the best for me, on the pitch, and the Master League set up is nicely balanced. WE7I refines it even more. I think headed goals are all too common in PES3, and it's made more difficult. The keeper can drop the ball, which I like as it suits the way I play, and the ball in question can be this one, which is just lovely.
I have recently bought a Nokia 110 ftw.. I love vintage tech phones. Only downside it seemed to be electric blue on box Pic and inside it was mat black. But I can live with it!

The battery also is not as strong as other old school phones, but it is decent for 3-4 days.

Other pain for my finger, the middle joystick that you mostly need to press as confirm button and the obligation to click it in the middle like R3/L3 analog sticks. If it was like old Nokia and you could also confirm OKs by the button over Yes button, it would be 100% ergonomic.

Sorry for off-topic pals.. :)

What do people think of the PS2 games 2008 onwards? Any worth putting some time into?

I played the Wii versions and liked them a lot so probably the same as those I guess?

I've played a lot of the PS2 version of PES 2011. The ML and the licensing is the best of any PES in the PS2 era. Loads of extra features. On the pitch, it plays a decent game but as @geeeeee said, it's a lot more direct and not much midfield play. Worth a go if you're done with PES5, PES 6 and the PES 2008.

What do people think of the PS2 games 2008 onwards? Any worth putting some time into?

I played the Wii versions and liked them a lot so probably the same as those I guess?

The differences are subtle on the pitch, and having only played exhibition games in 2009 - 2014 I can't claim to be of any great authority. Seems to apply mainly to the speed of the ball and referee strictness. The former looks to become slower as the series wears on, and the latter completely up and down.

As others have said the real gold is the features. Hiring staff, sponsorship deals and scouting in ML, Europa and Champions League licences, the Copa Libertadores standalone mode. I think the net physics get better too. Not the biggest deal but I know there are net fetishists out there!

2007 comes to an end

I forgot to mention that at the beginning of 2007 I noticed PES United (Div 2) had made a number of signings- including Ruskin. I thought that was quite appropriate, them buying one of the new generation!

I completed the season, having done the treble (league, D1 cup and European Cup). I had fun in the last two league games; both started off in challenging fashion, but I won 3-0 and then 2-0 against Dynamo Kiev and FC Porto respectively. The first half against Kiev was really tight, I was playing quite well but so were they, and making clear cut chances was hard. I started the second half off even better, scoring early on. I then did a nice bit of dribbling with Falcão into the box, beating 3 defenders just about, despite one of them getting a foot to the ball, then he jinked one more time and was brought down by Gavrancic. He had been booked in the first half, and this was a second booking. Falcão converted the penalty, and Kiev moved Leko into defence, leaving them with a gaping hole in midfield. I had a nice time for the rest of the second half, scoring one more goal and I should have had more- Castolo came on as a sub for Falcão and had a shot saved, but he could have passed it across to the other forward. This meant that I finished undefeated all year in the league! 24 wins, 6 draws, about 11 points clear of Barca. I scored 55 goals, 11 more than in 2006, and conceded a mere 7 (a total that I quickly surpassed in 2008!).

The UEFA cup was won by Liverpool against Lazio, 1-0. They both play in the same division (think they finished 5th and 10th), which was won by AC Milan ahead of Man Utd. PSV won their league ahead of Neckar, and Real won theirs leaving Inter in second place. Real also won their D1 cup final against Juve, so it was only my victory in the EC final that stopped them doing the treble.

The top scorer in our league was again Ronaldhino, this time with 22 goals. I couldn't come close, but was happy with Amoroso's 14. Grafite netted 7, and many other players scored a respectable number. In fact out of my starting eleven, all but three players scored in the league this season- those three include the goalkeeper. My right back Cicinho was named as the league's player of the season.

Man City and AC Ajaccio went down, both having struggled all season and several points behind the nearest teams. In my two seasons in Div 1, Fowler has scored a respectable amount for Man City (about 7 or 8 each year), but this year his modest tally was about half of their total, such has been their poor form.

I didn't buy anybody over the summer; I think I have a full squad and in any case I didn't feel that I needed new players. Marco Antonio returned from his loan spell with West Brom, adding to my range of midfielders.

I started the first game of the new year playing reasonably, but lost 1-0 to Rhone; my remarkable run was over, and the rest of the division no doubt breathed a sigh of relief when they saw that I was not invincible. The goal came from a rebound, Nilmar's shot being saved but put in by Frau. Later in the first half another rebound should have been put away by Nilmar, but he laughably put it wide from about 6 yards in front of an almost open net, the keeper prostate on the ground from the first save. In his defence there were defenders close by who might have cleared it, so he had to hurry a bit. Nevertheless, I couldn't find the breakthrough.

I started playing well in subsequent games though, and despite a 3-0 defeat to Kiev a few games later I am top of the league after 13 matches, having beaten Barca quite fortuitously. It was a very tight contest, with a first half goal for me being the only difference until late in the game when a saved shot ricocheted into the net off Van Bommel, who was chasing back. I think not having the European Cup qualification at the start of the season helped quite a bit (as much as I enjoy the extra games with varied opposition, one has to change the selection more because of the extra fatigue, and one can get a bit mentally exhausted by so many matches). Barca have lost at least one other match, and drawn a few. I am scoring a decent amount though not as many as this time last year. Amoroso, 34 years old and tiring quite early in games, is nevertheless my leading scorer once again with 7 goals thus far.

In the EC group stage, I beat Roma 3-1 and then drew 2-2 with Barca- I played quite well, but my actual goals were perhaps a bit lucky, because Puyol was twice said to have fouled winger Jean in the area, though the contact seemed modest. Castolo converted both times. Next, I face Bayern, a team I often struggle against both offensively and defensively. In the D1 cup, which I hope to secure for a third time running, I dominated the opening match away to Galatasaray (who have been winning strongly one week, losing the next) yet only won 1-0. Even then, they should have levelled it at the end but Hasan Kabze missed a rather easy chance, perhaps through fatigue. I eventually scored in the rather miserable return leg, to ensure my progression.

The newly promoted teams were (surprisingly) FC Utrecht and RBC Roosendal. The latter are bottom and both had a bad start; Roosendal's first game was a 4-1 defeat to Galatasaray, and they have had to get used to being on the wrong end of similar scorelines against most other opponents (though I only beat them 2-0). Utrecht, however, have picked themselves up a bit and are presently looking quite secure in mid-table. RBC are surely destined for an immediate return to Div 2.

Huh, that's weird... I don't have that "save" folder in there. It's kinda weird, because since I can't find the OFs I cannot delete them when I uninstall one of the games, so whenever I feel like reinstalling it, when I do, it opes with the OF I had before uninstalling it. Welp I guess I have to keep searching! :)

Thanks for understanding.

That Nokia thing would be a good idea if I hadn't given my old Nokia phone to me grandma like 4 years ago lol.

But oh well, I am improving with time so I hope I eventually get 100% better.

For the save folder, try looking in Documents, I think mine is there. I can't check at the moment because I have a dual boot system (I play PES on Win 7 because my PS2-to-PC adapter isn't supported by Win 10), but I think it's somewhere in Documents.

Next match is at home to Arsenal. Another tough game.

This season is getting tougher. We are now without our best defender because of that stupid challenge that he / I made. Next we have Crystal Palace. They are 1 point behind us in 15th place so that is a must win. Then we have Liverpool in the cup. They are top, 5 points clear, and unbeaten this season. I can see me resting players.

I recommend to y'all the channel Space Roses Games.

That channel has videos of tons of games including Retro PES games with tons of different patches, and has made lots of Master Leagues and other series in those games.

Here's the link to that channel:
https://youtube.com/c/SpaceRosesGames

Yeah I've followed that one for a while now. Assumed it's maybe more than one person it's so prolific! So many different patches.

How Pukki got away with that one I do not know. I knew this would be a tough season. Arsenal are coming up next.

That was a hell of kick on the defender, how on earth did the ref let that go?! I'd write a letter to the FA, or Konami, or Seabass even :D

It's good that its getting tough, makes it much more fun doesn't it.

Also, a question, does anybody know how to get the '3' symbol for Chelsea's kit? I have tried to do it myself but with no success.

Buy a Chelsea shirt? :P Found this https://www.stickpng.com/img/icons-logos-emojis/shop-logos/three-logo

That was a hell of kick on the defender, how on earth did the ref let that go?! I'd write a letter to the FA, or Konami, or Seabass even :D

It's good that its getting tough, makes it much more fun doesn't it.

:LOL: Yep it is getting tough which is good. I think the CPU has worked out my formation that i have been using since towards the end of last season.

GK

SB CB CB SB

DM DM

AM

CF SS CF

It is not as effective now.

Also Stamina has become a big problem so i have to rotate a bit. Although i do find it a bit deceiving because some players still have a bit of energy when their stamina is drained.

QUOTE="mattmid, post: 3659653, member: 270001"] Buy a Chelsea shirt? :P Found this https://www.stickpng.com/img/icons-logos-emojis/shop-logos/three-logo
[/QUOTE]

Haha i couldn't do it especially with my brother as a fan.

Thanks for the link. I have tried to do it myself on photoshop but it came out really small. I was hoping someone might have it on an option file somewhere.

PS i really messed up that post with the quotes :P i’m half asleep:ZZZ:

@geeeeee @sniglet 's your man for graphics, but I don't think he's been on here in a while. I could have a go but think Picasso for the result. :D

That's interesting about the formation any ideas on what you might change to?

@geeeeee @sniglet 's your man for graphics, but I don't think he's been on here in a while. I could have a go but think Picasso for the result. :D

That's interesting about the formation any ideas on what you might change to?

I PM’d @sniglet about something else but i didnt get a reply, like you said he hasn't been here for a while. His profile says ‘last seen Aug 2020’.

The formation i will use is....

GK

SB CB CB CB CB CB CB CB SB

SS ‘Sargent’ :LOL:

Hi everyone!

I'm starting up a project, something very similar to the Youth World Cup - a "PES 6 Manager". We've played such a tournament in the polish community several times and there was always a lot of fun.
It's gonna be a COM vs COM competition, where you set up the tactics and all games are simulated live. This one however is planned to last multiple seasons, with transfers, UEFA competitions and player development involved. If you want to take part and find out more, sign up in this thread!
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-6-manager-choose-a-league.85792/

Good week everyone friends:)
I have a little question
Do I change the script in the game?
It is very fuzzy, illegible and not modern ...
Is there a way to do this in GGS?, if so what Unknou-txt it is, and can someone please send me a more readable one as well?
Thanks.

Hey everyone! meringue here.

I love Pro Evo 6 and have been playing it for years. It's my favourite game. I've seen lots of people in this thread preferring Pro Evo 5, and despite I recognise you all give valid arguments about why you think Pro Evo 5 > Pro Evo 6, it's all a matter of preferences, and for my taste Pro Evo 6 fits better.

I found a thread in the Editing Forum (I was looking for a new option file to enjoy) and found a folder full of tons of different option files. And the one I liked better is the one that has all the 4 professional divisions from the English Football League.

So, I came up with the idea of doing a full english Master League, by dividing all the teams in 4 conferences, like in USA's sports championships such as the NBA, NFL or even the MLS.

I still don't know how to divide them but oh well, it will come up to me.

Can't wait to start that full english ML and give you updates on it.

I'll see you all soon!

Two more matches here.

Crystal Palace v Southend, a relegation battle this one. We desperately need a win but we had rest some players.

Next up is the FA Cup 1st leg away against Liverpool and we put out a weak team as the main thing for us is to stay up.

Two more matches here.

Crystal Palace v Southend, a relegation battle this one. We desperately need a win but we had rest some players.

Next up is the FA Cup 1st leg away against Liverpool and we put out a weak team as the main thing for us is to stay up.

Ouch... That game vs. CP really hurt...

Talking about the option file I talked about: I decided to edit it to have everything on the PES-Shop locked, since I prefer to unlock it myself.

So I decided to, before starting my Master League, play a World Cup with all teams. I already made the pots to set up the groups, and I made them based in the April 2006 FIFA Rankings (the month and year when the game was released).

Pot 1
Brasil
Czech Republic
The Netherlands
USA
Spain
Mexico
France
Portugal

Pot 2
Argentina
England
Denmark
Nigeria
Turkey
Italy
Cameroon
Japan

Pot 3
Germany
Tunisia
Iran
Uruguay
Croatia
Costa Rica
Ivory Coast
South Korea

Pot 4
Paraguay
Saudi Arabia
Bulgaria
Australia
Ghana
Belgium
Chile
Austria

I will be playing with all teams, since I feel it's more fun and it feels more realistic. Plus it gives me more time to figure out which team I should play with in the ML.

I was knocked out of the European Cup today by Man Utd, at the quarter-final stage. I had won 3-1 at home and was confident going into the second leg; obviously Utd aren't pushovers and have a dangerous attack in particular, but I had found it quite easy to make chances in the first leg and was also on great league form, having scored nine goals in the two games before this second leg. All I needed to do, I reasoned, was my usual diligent job at the back, not take risks and get at least one away goal to mitigate any goals Utd would score. I knew it would be hard to keep them out all game, but I also expected to score at least once myself. It didn't turn out that way! I lost the leg 5-0, unbelievable- but then, with their 4-3-3 and many great attacking players, Man Utd are one of the sides which can do that to you in this game.

I was playing with Castolo up front partnered by winger Jean, and made a number of good chances early on. However, Utd soon opened the scoring with a Giggs cross being headed in by Van Nistelrooy. I was still calm at this point, but then five minutes later Cristiano Ronaldo made negligible contact with one of my defenders in the box and was given a penalty. He was barely moved by the contact, it was ridiculous. Anyway, the Dutchman converted the spot kick. At this point, I would be out on away goals, so I set about the task of scoring with growing panic. I had a shot saved by Leandro and it fell to Castolo near the dead ball line, and I decided to try smashing it in with him at the near post. It was saved, and looking at the replay I could have passed it back to Leandro, who had moved into empty space near the penalty spot. This error, coupled with the dodgy penalty, was one of the decisive moments of the game. Late in the first half I was through on the keeper Steele (who had been rather dodgy in the first leg, another reason for my confidence going into this fixture) and was about to lay it across to give a striker an easy goal, when my player was tripped from behind. No penalty, not at Old Trafford! I was annoyed, but not as much as when Utd scored a third...I had a good deal of attacking play and a fair few chances, but I was a bit tense and taking shots a bit early sometimes. I also shouldn't have played Jean, I should have taken a second CF, but I had been anticipating more success with my crosses and also thought Utd would be sacrificing a defender for a fourth forward at some point, which never happened. Anyway, I couldn't get it in the net, and they scored another two in the second half.

Since then, they've reached the final having narrowly beaten Juve, and will face Real Madrid. Man Utd are also leading their league ahead of AC Milan, who won it in 2006 and 2007. Currently the top scorer in the EC is Rivaldo, who plays for Valencia, even though they went out at the quarter final stage. I don't know when they bought him, it may have been last summer because I haven't noticed him in their line up before, but he starts at a Greek club in PES 5. He has also been on prolific form in the league, leading the charts with 14 goals.

I am about to play my third D1 cup final in a row, against Barca as it was in 2006. In the league, I am in a strong position with only four games left, eight points clear of Barca. I beat them in both our league meetings, and they have lost three other matches in addition to drawing quite a few.

EDIT: I said I was four points clear of Barca earlier, it was actually eight.

Last edited:
After the draw in the PES 6 World Cup, here are your groups:

Group A
USA
Japan
Germany
Bulgaria

Group B
France
Denmark
Costa Rica
Chile

Group C
The Netherlands
Turkey
Iran
Ghana

Group D
Spain
England
Tunisia
Saudi Arabia

Group E
Czech Republic
Nigeria
Croatia
Paraguay

Group F
Brazil
Cameroon
South Korea
Belgium

Group G
Mexico
Argentina
Ivory Coast
Austria

Group H
Portugal
Italy
Uruguay
Australia

Matchday 1 had some interesting results, some boring ones, and some one-sided ones as well.

On the inaugural match Germany took on Bulgaria, and an early goal by Neuville assisted by Lahm solved the game which ended 1-0 for the germans. The other Group A game saw the USA facing Japan, but sadly for the americans they lost 1-0 thanks to a Takahara strike right at the end of the first half.

In Group B, Chile took on Costa Rica, and were decisive during the entire match, winning 2-0. Meanwhile, a tense game between french and danes saw France slightly winning, with a Zidane goal at the 75th, giving Les Bleus their first 3 points. Fair play to Denmark though, they really knew how to make the french brown their undies, but it wasn't enough and it was 1-0 for France.

Group C saw a surprising irani win over Ghana on their debut, with a magnificent strike by Enayati outside the box giving Iran the win. Then, it was an easy win for the Netherlands over Turkey, 2-0.

Group D's opening match was quite boring, a 0-0 draw between Tunisia and Saudi Arabia. And, the other game was no better. It was one of the most hyped games of the entire group stage but it turned out to be one of the most boring ones. David Villa scored at the 7th minute of the 1st half, and that was it. Nothing else happened, England did not push enough and so, Spain 1-0 England. It's a shame since it had the potential to be an incredible match.

Group E though, had two great opening games. Despite the 0-0 draw, croatians and paraguayans succeeded on giving an awesome match, with tons of chances created by both sides, great saves and of course, great fouls. On the other hand, Czech Republic had no mercy over Nigeria, and it was a 4-0 win for the europeans.

Group F saw Belgium playing quite bad despite scoring, and they lost 2-1 to South Korea, conceding a goal from the well-known Master League legend, Park Chu Young. The other game was more one-sided tho, and it had Brazil being Brazil and trashing Cameroon with a 3-0 final score in favor for the south americans.

Group G had some surprises, for example Drogba's Ivory Coast losing 2-0 against Austria, and also a 0-0 draw in the american clash between Mexico and Argentina.

Finally, Group H had Uruguay beating Australia 1-0, and also a great game between Portugal and Italy, which saw the portuguese winning 1-0 thanks to a late Deco goal at the 85th minute.

I'm looking forward to the next matchday which has some really great games such as USA vs. Germany, Chile vs. Denmark, or Czech Republic vs. Croatia.

Man this season is so tough. I am really looking at the fixtures and thinking maybe we can get a point there or a win there because this game is ruthless. None of this 'bigger teams are easier to play against' nonsense because they attack more like you get in the new games. If you play against a bigger team you really have to change tactics maybe go all out defence like real life. But I am still learning this and it is costing me big time.

Also, this game has free kicks, even penalties yes penalties, keepers being booked etc.., all the basic things that are missing from the newer games. It's shocking how a game over 10 years old completely wipes the floor with the newer ones.

Next match is Leicester who are currently in 4th place and we are in 15th.

The games are getting harder and harder. Next we are at Anfield in a top v bottom clash. Liverpool have won all 10 games so far, what chance do we have? If we get a point it will be good, but we couldn't could we.....?

What a heart breaker right at the end :( by the black Joao Felix (I haven't edited his face yet in my OF). And now Sargent is injured too although only out for one match but that game is against Spurs. We are going to try to buy another CB and a CF in the transfer window to try to improve our chances.

but then five minutes later Cristiano Ronaldo made negligible contact with one of my defenders in the box and was given a penalty. He was barely moved by the contact, it was ridiculous.

Classic Scripted Ronaldo :LOL:

It was one of the most hyped games of the entire group stage but it turned out to be one of the most boring ones. David Villa scored at the 7th minute of the 1st half, and that was it. Nothing else happened, England did not push enough and so, Spain 1-0 England. It's a shame since it had the potential to be an incredible match.

That pretty much sums up our World Cups since 1990. :YES:

The final matches of the regular (third) season!

If you're going to get a red then do it in style I say and Raglioni (not sure that was his name now I've typed it) obviously agrees!

@geeeeee

Some great games there and what a sickener that last minute goal was :(( Really realistic luck though of a team fighting relegation. At about 4:52 I think van Dijk would fit in nicely with Liverpool's current back four with that will I, won't I go for the ball dance routine :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom