The Retro-PES Corner

https://ibb.co/q1VFY1P

Pisa 1990-91 Away Kit for PES 6. Feel free to use it if you can. If you use it then send me some ingame photos so i can see how it looks?

Here you are (I still haven't made the shirt numbers, they should be black.)

Screenshot-79.png

Screenshot-85.png

Screenshot-84.png

Screenshot-83.png

Fine work Cubii97!

I'm almost at the end of my final Sao Paulo PES 5 season, and am soon to play in the finals of both the D1 Cup and the European Cup. I've already won the title, in fact I won it with six matches left. Barca haven't put up much of a fight this season, and I've noticed throughout the leagues that nobody seems to have scored a bucketload, so that I have one of the highet goals scored tallies of all teams (I think AC Milan may be slightly ahead of me), which is unusual for me. I'm 20 points clear of Barca now with four or five matches left. A few weeks ago I beat them 4-0 in the league, which included a Romario hat trick; they didn't really put up a fight. I wouldn't say I have played brilliantly this season, but I've been consistently good enough to win despite struggling against Galatasaray who remain at the bottom without a win. I drew our first meeting 1-1 (when they had scored just 3 goals in nine games) and won our second 2-1. I won the title with a 3-2 win over mid-table Fiorentina, scoring in the last minute with a Cicinho free kick. It proved to be enough because Barca drew. For my part, I've only drawn three times so far, and another win or two will make it my best points result with Sao Paolo (and possibly with any team).

Romario, who joined in mid 2007, is currently leading the scoring charts comfortably (again, oddly modest tallies among my rivals) with 16 goals in his first season as a first choice starter. Amoroso, who used to be first choice, has only scored once in the league but it was a great acrobatic volley against Barca in the 4-0 win. He hasn't got the legs for much more than half a game these days, but he's grabbed a couple in the cups. Romario, still only 21, has now scored 48 goals in all competitions throughout his short career with me. Grafite, last season's top Sao Paulo marksman, hasn't found the net so easily this time, but he is up to 5 in the league. Castolo is still giving me good service as a backup striker, scoring 4 in the league so far but it is the cups where he is having the most luck; 4 in the D1 cup and 5 in the EC, top of the chart in both competitions going into the finals

The semi of the D1 cup was entertaining; the first leg was actually a boring 0-0, but at home in the return leg I soon gained an advantage thanks to a strict referee. PSG centreback Rozenhal fouled Castolo as the wily veteran twisted to one side, and received a straight red. Minutes later, with PSG having brought a midfielder into the back line, Amoroso burst clear of the defence and laid it across to Castolo as the keeper rushed out. It was 2-0 by half time, and early in the second half they had Dhorasso (2 yellows) and Pichot sent off too! I don't think I've played against 8 men before. It ended 5-0.

At the midway point of this season, I decided to put a couple of players up for sale, having been dissatisfied with their performance of late. Midfielder Marco Antonio immediately went to Reggina, and forward Diego Tardelli was sold to Chelsea (unfortunately I didn't see him in our recent EC semi-final). Tardelli scored 28 cup goals in his time with me, 16 in the D1 cup, far and away my biggest scorer in that competition, but he was frustrating me this season with little to show in any matches. I was glad to see immediate interest (a third player who I listed got know interest), so sold them without regard for the asking price; as always, the AI offered way under their value. With room for a new acquisition at last, I bought a young Edmundo. So far he has scored a league goal and 3 in the EC, without so much as a yellow card!

I will tally up the goals of my most notable players at the end of the season (I keep a pen-and-paper record of the cup goals as they are not viewable, unlike the league goals each season). It is a shame I don't know how many games each has played, you only find that out when someone retires in PES 5.

Started UCL in Pes 4
Matches are played in Exhibition mode.
Here are the teams.

RO 16

Real Madrid v Juventus
Liverpool v Leverkusen
PSV v Monaco
Bayern Munchen v Arsenal
Barcelona v Chelsea
Man United v Milan
Werder Bremen v Lyon
Porto v Inter

2 games left now and we are fighting with Leicester and Arsenal to get into the top 6 and with it, Europe.

The important places in the table look like this:-

1. Man City 68
2. Liverpool 66
6. Leicester 43
7. Southend 38
8. Arsenal 38
13. Southampton 28
14. Burnley 24
-------------------------
15. Leeds 24
16. Norwich 17

We are away to Newcastle, Leicester are at home to Man City so that should be a defeat for Leicester :P, Arsenal are at home to Southampton ( @mattmid they could go down). Liverpool are at home in the Merseyside derby.

Excellent win for us there, although Dubravka made a right howler. Sargent with another brace which means he is one behind top scorer Aguero. Leicester lost to Man City 0-2 and Arsenal could only draw 1-1 with Southampton which means we are only 2 points behind Leicester with one game left. Liverpool beat Everton 3-2 which means there is all to play for in the final match.

On a side note, I will be starting a Euro 2020 tournament to give me a break from my ML. I noticed though that you can have 6 groups in PES like real life. But in real life the top 2 teams qualify along with the 4 best 3rd placed teams, whereas in PES only the top 2 teams qualify but also the top teams in Groups A, B, C, and D get a bye into the Quarter Finals. I am wondering whether I should play the group games and then start a new tournament once the group stage is over so that I can use the 4 best 3rd placed teams. The only problem is if there are injuries then they won't carry over.

What do you think guys?

Just won the Euro Cup with Italy on Pes 4, and during the celebration of the cup , Maldini and Vieri were wearing this t-shirt. Just googled it and found out it was a brand by Maldini and Vieri. Smart Detail by Konami
Yes they feature in the PES 4 edit mode as pre textured kits. I remember really looking forward to exploring the kit templates in 4 as they had accurate kit templates PES 3 but was bitterly dissapointed when the edit mode kit templates seemed really... crude & basic? They were really half assed and seemingly deliberatly shit. I was gutted I couldn't recreate the Total 90 templates all the Nike teams were using then.

We got these 3 textured shirts which seemed random as all heck and just seemed like a slap in the face of edit nerds like me at the time.

PCSX2 Screenshot 2021.03.13 - 11.51.02.15.jpg

Konami made good on the real world kit templates a year later with PES 5 and I could make my beloved Total 90 & Puma kits at last, Making my PS2 game feel much more authentic, even if it was for 6 months until all the national teams got new strips for the upcoming World Cup.

If I could ever interview Konami's mysterious developers from that era I'd love to ask them why PES 4 had these strange edit mode changes while the games that bookended it: 3 & 5 maintain the tradition of realistic kit templates.

Yes they feature in the PES 4 edit mode as pre textured kits. I remember really looking forward to exploring the kit templates in 4 as they had accurate kit templates PES 3 but was bitterly dissapointed when the edit mode kit templates seemed really... crude & basic? They were really half assed and seemingly deliberatly shit. I was gutted I couldn't recreate the Total 90 templates all the Nike teams were using then.

We got these 3 textured shirts which seemed random as all heck and just seemed like a slap in the face of edit nerds like me at the time.

View attachment 88502

Konami made good on the real world kit templates a year later with PES 5 and I could make my beloved Total 90 & Puma kits at last, Making my PS2 game feel much more authentic, even if it was for 6 months until all the national teams got new strips for the upcoming World Cup.

If I could ever interview Konami's mysterious developers from that era I'd love to ask them why PES 4 had these strange edit mode changes while the games that bookended it: 3 & 5 maintain the tradition of realistic kit templates.

Oh ye these kits are in Edit mode in pes 4. There is also a blue one and a red one. When i first got PES 4 i thought "who in all hell will use this kit template'
And yes , the fact that Pes 4 doesnt have the T90 template sucks (its one of my fav templates if not my favourite).

So the final game of the season is here and there is all to play for at the top, middle, and bottom.

1. Man City 71
2. Liverpool 69
6. Leicester 43 (GD +1)
7. Southend 41 (GD -1)
14. Burnley 25
--------------------
15. Leeds 24
16. Norwich 18

Man City v Leeds (can Leeds win, stay up, and thwart City?)
Man United v Liverpool (will the Red side of Manchester help the Blue side?)
Burnley v Chelsea (Burnley need to win to stay up)
Southampton v Leicester
Southend v Fulham (we need to win and hope Leicester don't win and that our goal difference is better in order to get into Europe)

What an anti climax that game was :( . After all the build up, we were poor. Not because of scripting or anything, I was just too confident that we would win so I was taking time making chances until Bobby Reid scored from another thru ball (the CPU is really exploiting that at the moment) Then we were more urgent but it was all too late. As it happened Leicester won 2-1 anyway so it would not have made a difference. Liverpool beat United 2-1 but Man City also beat Leeds sending them down while taking the title. Burnley got hammered 4-0 so if Leeds had won they would have stayed up.

Here is a video with a review of the Season 22/23 with all the tables and stats etc... Notice Bayern Munich won the treble and finally stopped Barcelona from winning the Champions League in a dramatic penalty shoot out. That means Barcelona have won it twice and Bayern once. Once a team wins the CL 10 times then the 'game' is over and I transfer to another club.

@geeeeee Re the Euro's if you want to keep it to how it really was then yeah I would say do the Group Stages then start a new cup with the rest of the tournament.

Good season in the end for Southend and it's always nice to find out that your loss didn't matter in the end, nothing worse than losing and finding out Leicester had lost as well! Interested to see if any offers come in for Sargent in the transfer window. Sign of a good game (And good OF!) when the teams that should be good (At least early on before transfers change things over time) are the stand out teams. :)

@mattmid I did the transfer window already and surprisingly (and disappointingly) we didnt get any offers for Sargent. Maybe the teams are waiting to see if he can do it for 2 seasons in the premier league.

We bought a couple of strikers though.

09EC51AD-2432-4B82-AF40-70F49A8CFFE7.jpeg6774920B-D81C-40A9-89CE-020E4F1B1643.jpeg

And in the final week Juventus came in and offered us money and part exchange for Terrell Egbri. The player they offered was Khedira. I thought mm... not a bad deal when Egbri accepted the offer so we accepted to. But when i checked his stats he wouldnt even get into the Southend team because he is close to retirement :LOL:

Like you said it’s good that the good teams are performing. Interestingly Liverpool were unbeaten in the season until they lost to City and then they went on a bad run just like real life.

Transfers have been quite good too. One was Grealish going to Chelsea.

Regarding the Euros I think i will do that. I started the first group yesterday and will try to upload the highlights tonight.

I wanted a little break from my ML so I decided to play out EURO 2020 (or is it 2021? :BLINK: )

I will play each match and to determine who I control I use a random number generator between 2-12 (2 dice) and the highest roll I control that team.

First up is Group A Fixture 1...

Italy (me) v Turkey
Wales v Switzerland (me)

Wow what a fantastic goal for Italy from Berella who was only playing because he was showing form in training (red arrow). But they threw it away because they had their chances. A good win for Wales though as they took advantage of some poor defending from Switzerland.

I was recently playing Euro 92 as all 8 teams. I started the game always as the home team (I forgot to choose keyboard for player 1 and controller for player 2 in settings so I was not able to choose the team to control and change formations for both) and switched after a goal, like when I was 1-0 in front I tried to equalize as the other team. In the final group games there were teams that had to win against teams that just needed a draw and I always played as the team that needed the win, when I was in front I took the other team that now desperately had to score the 1-1.

I like that idea of switching sides at half time. Most of the time you will be more successful with the better teams, but the odd occasion you perform well with the weaker team and peform upsets.
Does anyone ever play with the CPU on the same team?

@Titch That's something I've often thought about doing, have tried it in an exhibition game. I've also thought about doing a ML and playing as one player. It might also extend the amount of season's you could play in ML I think, because it does get to a stage eventually where your team is just over powered. If the player retires or you sell him then pick a new player and so on. You could also do the one team each half or as @Fenomeno9 does with changing sides but play just as one player on that team. Perhaps the striker if you're chasing goals or a defender if you're hanging on to a lead etc.

I like that idea of switching sides at half time. Most of the time you will be more successful with the better teams, but the odd occasion you perform well with the weaker team and peform upsets.
Does anyone ever play with the CPU on the same team?

If I'm not wrong Marlon Anthony switches sides at half time in his videos.

Back
Top Bottom