eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

Amateur question here sorry... If I've got PES 2020 set up perfectly on PC (installed the last DP, applied the mods I like etc.), as of January - then blocked the internet so that live updates etc. won't mess up the data... Then DP4 comes out and everyone tells me the gameplay's better, so I need to update the game...

What choices do I have? Will downloading the update break everything? Can I just restore the previous data if it does (I don't care about missing any transfers) or will the new EXE require a new data structure? Will Sider stop working?

The tool that mostly saved me in that regard, is DPFileList editor.
With that one, you can go back to pre versions.

Nice, to have you on the PC section either.
I´d recommend the gameplay thread in the edit section.

Would like to know your opinion about the gameplay mods there.

Nice, to have you on the PC section either.
I´d recommend the gameplay thread in the edit section.

Would like to know your opinion about the gameplay mods there.
Cheers! I don't want to keep posting in the wrong thread (sorry mods, I should lose my badge over this really)... but I've always steered clear of the gameplay mods because I've been of the firm belief that messing with Konami's gameplay can only lead to bad things (it's not designed to be adjustable like FIFA's is). I accept that I could be entirely wrong (so feel free to tell me I'm crazy), but, well... I saw this last night (from one of our own members, @papinho81 I believe)! :LOL:

Cheers! I don't want to keep posting in the wrong thread (sorry mods, I should lose my badge over this really)... but I've always steered clear of the gameplay mods because I've been of the firm belief that messing with Konami's gameplay can only lead to bad things (it's not designed to be adjustable like FIFA's is). I accept that I could be entirely wrong (so feel free to tell me I'm crazy), but, well... I saw this last night (from one of our own members, @papinho81 I believe)! :LOL:

I don´t know which one he is using, but I had that leg problem with one of jostike´s exes.
There are tons out and none of them erases completely the problems of the gameplay.

But these guys are able to adjust it and tone down several aspects as scripting, physicality etc.
The latest one might be really good and it´s not difficult to install (I´m testing it at the moment...it´s a lot better than vanilla and comes very close to the demo gameplay).
What I am doing is: I put myself down to regular to narrow down the scripting as much as possible, which really works and am testing one of inca´s files, which evens out the difficulty again.

I´d give it a shot^^.

I´d give it a shot^^.
Okay, I'm in - I'll give it a go, what's the worst that could happen... :D

I just wish there was a way to speed up response times, but I think player animation and game speed / ball speed is all linked together. If player animation speed was increased but everything else stayed the same, I bet a lot of my frustration to do with stone-like players would be eliminated...

I just wish there was a way to speed up response times, but I think player animation and game speed / ball speed is all linked together. If player animation speed was increased but everything else stayed the same, I bet a lot of my frustration to do with stone-like players would be eliminated...

You can actually do that with nesa´s gameplay module:

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/sider-module-gameplay-module-v1-3.80948/

I tried it, but it´s too complicated for me. I messed up more, than I improved.

^ It was an old version of Jostike gameplay mod. I never experienced anything like this with others gameplay mods. Haven't try any mods since December though.

Yeah...
the newer versions don´t have that problem, but I also don´t use Jostike.
I ended up with Holland´s H8, which doesn´t have any problem.

I do not like to brag about mods that I have not yet released although if I like to come to this page to read their opinions, and if you can make great and very good modifications in the game if you know how to do it ... that video is from the first mod playable that I modified for pes 20 and the first of my part and the first to generate .. I had that error is that I had to experiment according to myself but it was also the playable mod that until today was more like the demo and I'm not the one who says it, on reddit they also think the same ... I'm sorry guys my English is bad I just hope you understand what I'm trying to say

Attachments

• 2020.02.09-21.01.jpg
    2020.02.09-21.01.jpg
    946.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 2020.02.11-14.28.jpg
    2020.02.11-14.28.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • 2020.02.11-14.29.jpg
    2020.02.11-14.29.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
Im just going on the forums during the weekends while watching footy, installing faces, stadiums, check them out ingame...try to play 45 mins(gametime) then altf4 the game cause its a no no. Anyone else? :D

That doesn't happen anymore.
I suggest you try @incas36 latest gameplay EXE which brings it all back to the Demo. Or very very similar.
Or Jostike's latest one too.

Both very good and different to each other.

[

the more money and time spent on trying to overcome konami's shortcomings the less you will care for this game.

but if you find that eureka moment it will be glorious and the sun will beam brightly upon ye.

good luck.

Well, I'm happy to admit I've been an idiot, by not considering gameplay mods.

Just applied @incas36's latest work (1.3.2.0). Response times are delicious, without gameplay being hugely sped-up. I've just seen the AI take on a dribble inside, and I was geninely shocked - I'd forgotten the AI used to do that, in the demo.

I mean, all those guys (looking at you @Emroth) who fought for the demo gameplay to return... You're not wrong. It's so much better. To the point that, given how little the fundamentals change between each yearly release, it feels like I'm playing PES 2021. Why the hell did Konami undo all this? (Thank God for you and your team, @incas36.)

Thanks to everyone in this thread for steering me in the right direction - I'd be playing an inferior game without you. This will spice up my ML a huge deal. Hoping it doesn't get too easy (like the demo) but "Team Spirit" is making sure it's not right now. :D

Also really looking forward to trying your next release @Jgames, those screenshots are pretty exciting!

Just applied @incas36's latest work (1.3.2.0). Response times are delicious, without gameplay being hugely sped-up. I've just seen the AI take on a dribble inside, and I was geninely shocked - I'd forgotten the AI used to do that, in the demo.

I mean, all those guys (looking at you @Emroth) who fought for the demo gameplay to return... You're not wrong. It's so much better. To the point that, given how little the fundamentals change between each yearly release, it feels like I'm playing PES 2021. Why the hell did Konami undo all this? (Thank God for you and your team, @incas36.)

Thanks to everyone in this thread for steering me in the right direction - I'd be playing an inferior game without you. This will spice up my ML a huge deal. Hoping it doesn't get too easy (like the demo) but "Team Spirit" is making sure it's not right now. :D

Also really looking forward to trying your next release @Jgames, those screenshots are pretty exciting!

You're welcome pal.

Thanks so much @Chris Davies for you words! Me and IPM team are very happy to read them.

Hi there guys, I am creating an PES2020 11v11 team for an 8 team cup competition will be starting soon with one more team needed. I am looking for confident defenders who are able to play out the back and are confident on the ball. We will play expansive attacking possession football (JDP) Dont care about experience etc, if youre good enough i dont care :) Reply to this post if interested or privately DM me Right now we are looking for attacking fullbacks and central defenders. This is our day one progress :

Played my first game on DLC 4.0, Top Player..... AI still like the incredible hulk, Gegenpress all the time yet their stamina never goes down. They attack like monsters and its just unfair to the player. Alt+F4 rage incurred.

Think it may be time to uninstall....

Played my first game on DLC 4.0, Top Player..... AI still like the incredible hulk, Gegenpress all the time yet their stamina never goes down. They attack like monsters and its just unfair to the player. Alt+F4 rage incurred.

Think it may be time to uninstall....
Just what I wanted to hear - no need to mess around uninstalling and reinstalling mods for the sake of this update then! :D

The new PES2020.exe 1.04 is smaller than previous exe release. Haven't tried the new one but in previous exe ( 1.03.02 ) the AI dive in my penalty box lol and i got average 3 fouls per match. Gonna play with new update tonight and see the result.

*Superstar / Exhibition

It instantly felt a lot more responsive, smoother but also a lot quicker.

I don't know what to make of this update yet.
I played 3 games so far. I started disliking it, then I liked it, and now I don't anymore. :LMAO:

I just had one of the best matches ever!!!

First of all my settings:
20 mins, game speed -1, full manual, stadium cam (0,10,1), difficulty: regular
Mods: klashman´s tactics, Holland´s H8 gameplay exe and a dt from Inca, specially made for difficulty regular (see link below).
Plus...cosmetic stuff, such as stadium server, ball server, scoreboard etc...

Now, I´ll stick with regular and won´t go up to professional no more. The reason is those equalizers from AI right after you scored where you literally can´t do anything. These happen too many times on professional which annoys the hell outta me.
On regular I hardly ever have that. Yes, some games are a bit too easy, but matches against stronger teams like Milan, AS Roma, Lazio (that damn Immobile!) are still challenging.
And specially EL, CL and cup games are awesome!
Just had one against Barca in EL group stage and since I haven´t won much, I had to get draw at least to stay in the game.
Barca scores two goals with Suarez...but what beauties!
One of them was a cross from the winger who out dribbled my defender beautifully to get space to cross and Suarez hammers it in volley.
A few long shot attemts from Suarez been very thrilling either.
I could equalize with two nice goals in the 2nd half. Barca plays offensive but leaves gaps which I could counter.

Then I had that one situation where I though "hmmm, let´s try it".
Ball has been at my CB. I see my middle striker in good position, so I hit the circle button and perform the perfect high pass to him, who´s able to receive it, takes it volley, but the AI goalie can parry it. Great situation!
It has been a draw, so the last group stage match has to be a win.

With these settings and the magic of Holland and Inca, I´m in love with this game.
Sure, fouls or ref calls is still an issue, but the fun factor rose with the factors named above.

And also in the league games....there are matches that feel easy, but once in a while...specially against big teams it´s very challenging.
Juventus for example...I can´t beat them on regular. And I also lose matches quite much.
Regular doesn´t completely erase ML scripting, but tones it down that much, that I don´t see it or that it doesn´t bug me.
Sometimes....like every 4th or 5th game I think "hmmm....that was a bit too easy", but honestly....I rather take that, than being frustrated with AI attacks that can´t be stopped by any means.

That Barca match actually didn´t feel like an ML match...more like one of league mode.
I enjoyed the randomness of AI attacks and those dribblings.

AND...very important...they do slide tackle but not ALL THE TIME, which is also a big factor to me.
Specially on the wings, defenders run along and try to cover my space or anticipate the pass I am about to perform.
Sometimes when they see the chance, they slide tackle but aren´t doing this all the time.
I hated that in higher difficulties.

Btw, haven´t updated yet, so I´m talking about the former version in connection with above named mods.

Here is that dt from Inca for regular difficulty:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nm6o1efuydqcive/dt18_all_again_medium.rar/file

Sider version:
1 - put the folder in livecpk;
2 - add this line: cpk.root = ".\livecpk\dt18_all_again_medium" to your sider.ini
3 - delete (or rename) dt18_all.cpk in Data folder.

DAMN it's look Konami forgot put Podolski and he replaced with a DUMMY after applied live update. it's is bug or wrong from Konami???
PES2020 2020-02-13 20-08-39-73.jpgPES2020 2020-02-13 20-09-01-35.jpg

I don't use any unofficial patch, I always edit the stuff by myself. As far as I know, Barcelona asked to delete Ansu Fati from the game.
Seems you are right. Cannot locate him neither in my PS4 database. He only exists in my ML saves from datapack 3.
Very strange!

Back
Top Bottom