eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

Did you see this guys? If this is true I have to say PES will be the best football game for me! I mean it's still beats Fifa easily but with this New Season Update and don't forget the fact or more precisely the rumor that they will licence Real Madrid too I think this is the final nail in Fifa's coffin.
https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/06/pes-2021-to-be-released-as-digital-season-update.html
The only way PES will ever come close to FIFA in terms of sales is by making it completely editable for the user and simple to do. I think theres a golf game, maybe golf club 2019 , that allows users to create courses and share online. If we had that with kits and also audio then it will have a chance of making a bigger dent.

I would also throw in sliders too at least as an option so we can edit the gameplay which is essentially what the pc editors are doing.

You think an identical game with no gameplay changes, and an extra license, will be the best football game ever? Man oh man, Konami get an easy ride from us!

Maybe PES 2022 will be amazing, given the extra dev time. But if 2021 is just 2020 reskinned... It'll be the first PES in years I don't buy! Why buy it for new kits and promotion / relegation when a mod for 2020 can do that?
Agreed, PES has reach its limits with FOX engine, only presentation revamp could save PES 2021 if it's indeed just a reskin with new kits and so
Otherwise it's indeed a very simple solution, but maybe we get rewarded in PES 2022

You think an identical game with no gameplay changes, and an extra license, will be the best football game ever? Man oh man, Konami get an easy ride from us!

Maybe PES 2022 will be amazing, given the extra dev time. But if 2021 is just 2020 reskinned... It'll be the first PES in years I don't buy! Why buy it for new kits and promotion / relegation when a mod for 2020 can do that?

I think you misunderstand something here. If this is true than we won't get PES21 because it will be a a Season Pass basically with the new rosters etc. And let's be honest here, which better, buying a new game every year for the same price or buying a DLC which is optional btw for less money? Because I don't think Konami will sale the DLC for the same price like they doing it for a complete new game. And the other thing is just like Fifa, PES is the same game every year. The difference here is that we can mod PES, and unlike Fifa, PES giving us Data Packs and this year they started to listen to us so that's a start too. And if this will be the new standard after the new engine which will come eventually with PS5 I think it would be pretty amazing if we don't have to buy a new game every year only for the new rosters and licences.

Oh and don't forget the best part, if there's not gonna be more PES just DLC's the modders job will be easier because they don't have to remade everything again from scratch.

So yeah you can hate PES all you want I'm not a blindfolded PES fan either I hate lot of things in PES especially the scripted gameplay BUT if we don't have to buy a new game every year that would be awesome. That's my point here.

PS: They can change gameplay with DLC too you know that right? I mean they doing it already with the Live Update, okay it's not better than it has to be but still. With DLC's they can do everything that you want. I mean what else do you want other than a better gameplay, new rosters, kits, faces, leagues and stadiums. Like you said half of these can be made by modders already. So yeah we don't need a new PES every year.

I think you misunderstand something here. If this is true than we won't get PES21 because it will be a a Season Pass basically with the new rosters etc. And let's be honest here, which better, buying a new game every year for the same price or buying a DLC which is optional btw for less money? Because I don't think Konami will sale the DLC for the same price like they doing it for a complete new game. And the other thing is just like Fifa, PES is the same game every year. The difference here is that we can mod PES, and unlike Fifa, PES giving us Data Packs and this year they started to listen to us so that's a start too. And if this will be the new standard after the new engine which will come eventually with PS5 I think it would be pretty amazing if we don't have to buy a new game every year only for the new rosters and licences.

Oh and don't forget the best part, if there's not gonna be more PES just DLC's the modders job will be easier because they don't have to remade everything again from scratch.

So yeah you can hate PES all you want I'm not a blindfolded PES fan either I hate lot of things in PES especially the scripted gameplay BUT if we don't have to buy a new game every year that would be awesome. That's my point here.

PS: They can change gameplay with DLC too you know that right? I mean they doing it already with the Live Update, okay it's not better than it has to be but still. With DLC's they can do everything that you want. I mean what else do you want other than a better gameplay, new rosters, kits, faces, leagues and stadiums. Like you said half of these can be made by modders already. So yeah we don't need a new PES every year.
If it gives them more time to focus on the new engine for 2022 then 100%, what's the point in bringing out pes 2021 with a new engine if it has been rushed? No thanks

I don't think they will make PES21 with a new engine if it's gonna be a new game. I think it would be better if they release a new game every 2-3 years.

Last edited:

The only way they justify this is that they don't charge full price.

I can understand in principle that if they're working on new assets and a few bits and bobs than they'd be entitled to revenue but you can't justify charging full price if the game is the same. Although they wouldn't be the first developer to do this with an annual game either.

It's funny how we all speculated about a scenario where devs would take a much needed year off but we knew financially alone it would never happen but now due to coronavirus, Many devs have had their hands forced and they may be entertaining this option. I never thought i'd see the day.

It's awful how it's affected so many people and lives in many different ways but for the gaming consumer, It could be a blessing in disguise. Many sports games have grown stale in recent years and desperately need some fresh care and attention.

I know I don't trust Konami to deliver a 2021 roster update that is anything like accurate other than perhaps for the top teams. I mean they've just released the "amazing" Euro2020 pack and still have Alex McLeish as the Scotland manager even though it's not been him since April last year (ie. 14 months out of date). Obviously too much trouble for them to google 55 European nations to check they at least have the correct managers. The squads are laughably out of date. Good luck Conami with charging for a 2021 update pack.

usually it'll take about 2 or 3 days

Noob Question:

What will I need to replace? Sider and EVO Web Patch or do I need to do ultimate graphics and gameplay Mod too? First update using mods and I've attached all the mods I'm using and am open to any ideas on better ones. Thanks for any help and sorry again for being noob level 0

Sider
Common Lib
EVO Web
Scoreboard server
Ball Server
Ref server
Stadium Server x3
Goalsong server
Ultimate GFX mod
IPM Gameplay Mod

NOOB Question:

I'm a long time PES player but this is the first year on PC.

I cannot for the life of me work out how to get the correct stadiums, kits and competition logos onto the game. I've tried multiple times to download patches and install this and that but this was the latest one I tried:

And when I went to the GFX MOD download it had been deleted/removed so I couldn't follow along with the tutorial.

Does anyone have a noob link where I can just get the stadiums, kits and competition logos? I completed everything else the tutorial showed me and nothing changed in the game, so I'm now at my wits end and probably going to delete everything and reinstall from scratch for the third time.

Really would appreciate someone with experience helping me through this. I'm going to eat now but I'll be back in an hour or so. Regards.

NOOB Question:

I'm a long time PES player but this is the first year on PC.

I cannot for the life of me work out how to get the correct stadiums, kits and competition logos onto the game. I've tried multiple times to download patches and install this and that but this was the latest one I tried:

And when I went to the GFX MOD download it had been deleted/removed so I couldn't follow along with the tutorial.

Does anyone have a noob link where I can just get the stadiums, kits and competition logos? I completed everything else the tutorial showed me and nothing changed in the game, so I'm now at my wits end and probably going to delete everything and reinstall from scratch for the third time.

Really would appreciate someone with experience helping me through this. I'm going to eat now but I'll be back in an hour or so. Regards.
That's exactly what I used and it was same first round for me. Everything worked for me but I always get "image list not found" when I try to edit but it just click ok and everything works. Nothing works for me now and I do have the new sider installed

That's exactly what I used and it was same first round for me. Everything worked for me but I always get "image list not found" when I try to edit but it just click ok and everything works. Nothing works for me now and I do have the new sider installed

Thanks for the reply mate.

You not managed to get anything working then?

I'll be back on tomorrow to check the thread and reply to anyone if they have any advice. Hope you can get it working.

Thanks for the reply mate.

You not managed to get anything working then?

I'll be back on tomorrow to check the thread and reply to anyone if they have any advice. Hope you can get it working.

I got everything to work minus real players on bundisliga non-licensed teams but I have all the kits and logos. I'm not really sure what I'm missing but dortmund, leipzig, etc are all fake players and team ratings in the 60's but when I load my ML, everyone is there. I did a Bundisliga ML when they started back up. IDK how they're all there, players, teams and 80's ratings when I load ML but gone when I start a new ML. If anyone reading this knows, let me know please. I think I had orginal graphic kits too, they don't look like the hi-res ones. All I did was go to the sider root menu and add the root stuff like cpk, ball root, etc for the mods and then reloaded everything spoony said in that above video and it worked. Reset all the player attributes which sucks but theyre all the same in my ML at least. I still don't get the mods. Is IPM gameplay just gameplay and grphics mod just graphics? If so, where are the weird attributes coming from? The gameplay mod? bc that IPM mod took goalie reactions down to 60's and 70's and I'm back to default ratings but still some of the non PES added faces. I guess long story short, I'm more clueless now but I have 75% of the stuff I need to play. At least I can finish my Schalke ML. I also read IPM guys are gone so I tried getting smoke patch and it's loaded w/ popups and weird sites to DL, so I scrapped that idea.

Do we need the new evoweb patch for the german teams to be correct?

Wondering the same thing bc I do not have the right Bundesliga teams right now. Fake Dortmund is almost funny. Someone posted that they installed the new EVO patch...is that available? I don't understand how people know when new stuff incorporating DP7 is available without living on this forum. I've been searching about PES mods for kits and gameplay since lunch and found nothing but new sider.

Wondering the same thing bc I do not have the right Bundesliga teams right now. Fake Dortmund is almost funny. Someone posted that they installed the new EVO patch...is that available? I don't understand how people know when new stuff incorporating DP7 is available without living on this forum. I've been searching about PES mods for kits and gameplay since lunch and found nothing but new sider.
Any official website for EVO patch updates?

Theres a good website called pesnewupdate which lists all the patches and mods. Also check out spoonypizzas on youtube. Yes, you would need Evoweb for the names to be correct, but wait until the 7.0 version is released.

First time poster here... I installed the latest Sider and noticed that when I loaded the game, the servers (stadium, scoreboard, ball, kit, etc) worked but there were still a few issues. The local match option for the euro 2020 was listed as “nostring” and when I went to the edit section it said I needed to create an edit file. I foolishly clicked ok and lost all my previous edits :( oh well, live and learn. All the team and competition info seemed to update correctly again apart from the manager names and the team rivals. There was a photo of Klopp but he was not called Klopp. (I didn’t check Bundesliga). Doing a bit of self testing I noticed that that if I turned off the link to the database cpk.root in my sider.ini file then the “nostring” issue was resolved. Obviously this meant none of the other data was updated but I assume this means that once there’s a new update for the Evoweb Patch, all will be right with the world again?

With the stadium server I have a Konami folder which holds links to all the in game stadiums so they can be mapped to teams/competitions along with the updated stadiums I have. Anyone know if the addition of the new stadiums in dlc 7.0 will effect current stadium id’s? Will be nice to play community shield/fa cup final at Wembley as well as having it as an option for other finals.

Finally... does anyone know if you can export created players so you can reimport them to new edit files?

First time poster here... I installed the latest Sider and noticed that when I loaded the game, the servers (stadium, scoreboard, ball, kit, etc) worked but there were still a few issues. The local match option for the euro 2020 was listed as “nostring” and when I went to the edit section it said I needed to create an edit file. I foolishly clicked ok and lost all my previous edits :( oh well, live and learn. All the team and competition info seemed to update correctly again apart from the manager names and the team rivals. There was a photo of Klopp but he was not called Klopp. (I didn’t check Bundesliga). Doing a bit of self testing I noticed that that if I turned off the link to the database cpk.root in my sider.ini file then the “nostring” issue was resolved. Obviously this meant none of the other data was updated but I assume this means that once there’s a new update for the Evoweb Patch, all will be right with the world again?

With the stadium server I have a Konami folder which holds links to all the in game stadiums so they can be mapped to teams/competitions along with the updated stadiums I have. Anyone know if the addition of the new stadiums in dlc 7.0 will effect current stadium id’s? Will be nice to play community shield/fa cup final at Wembley as well as having it as an option for other finals.

Finally... does anyone know if you can export created players so you can reimport them to new edit files?

the nostring bug I got this aswell, i thought it's a bug from graphic / theme mod but then i realized it's due to evoweb patch database isn't compatible yet with DLC 7.0. You have to wait Evoweb Patch to be compatible with DLC 7

I got everything to work minus real players on bundisliga non-licensed teams but I have all the kits and logos. I'm not really sure what I'm missing but dortmund, leipzig, etc are all fake players and team ratings in the 60's but when I load my ML, everyone is there. I did a Bundisliga ML when they started back up. IDK how they're all there, players, teams and 80's ratings when I load ML but gone when I start a new ML. If anyone reading this knows, let me know please. I think I had orginal graphic kits too, they don't look like the hi-res ones. All I did was go to the sider root menu and add the root stuff like cpk, ball root, etc for the mods and then reloaded everything spoony said in that above video and it worked. Reset all the player attributes which sucks but theyre all the same in my ML at least. I still don't get the mods. Is IPM gameplay just gameplay and grphics mod just graphics? If so, where are the weird attributes coming from? The gameplay mod? bc that IPM mod took goalie reactions down to 60's and 70's and I'm back to default ratings but still some of the non PES added faces. I guess long story short, I'm more clueless now but I have 75% of the stuff I need to play. At least I can finish my Schalke ML. I also read IPM guys are gone so I tried getting smoke patch and it's loaded w/ popups and weird sites to DL, so I scrapped that idea.

Hmm, I didn't even get that. Really disappointed tbh, guess I'll have to uninstall and start again with a new master league :(

i am unable to play online after updating to slider 6.3.7 (online works fine without slider opened )
it says unable to load data pack because it is from different version .
help please !

Theres a good website called pesnewupdate which lists all the patches and mods. Also check out spoonypizzas on youtube. Yes, you would need Evoweb for the names to be correct, but wait until the 7.0 version is released.

When the new evo web patch is out, is it an easy update like sider was/is? It took me about 5 hours (I know that's sad) to do the spoony pizza tutorial and then a couple things were screwed up with took another hour or so.

When the new evo web patch is out, is it an easy update like sider was/is? It took me about 5 hours (I know that's sad) to do the spoony pizza tutorial and then a couple things were screwed up with took another hour or so.

Seriously? extract & install barely 2 minutes.It should be an all in one, so all You would need to do is,

1, delete the EvoWeb Patch folder in Your livecpk folder,

2, unzip the new one into livecpk folder.

3, add these lines to sider.ini,

cpk.root = ".\livecpk\EvoWeb Patch\Boots-Gloves"
cpk.root = ".\livecpk\EvoWeb Patch\Database"
cpk.root = ".\livecpk\EvoWeb Patch\Faces"
cpk.root = ".\livecpk\EvoWeb Patch\Graphics"
cpk.root = ".\livecpk\EvoWeb Patch\Kits"

4, Place the EDIT00000000 that came with the patch in Your Konami save folder.

That is it.

Back
Top Bottom