FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

i noticed on the ps2 version of the world cup game thati could only edit a certain amount of players is this in fifa or can you edit as much as you like

lol its brilliant aint it, ive got all 3 series of them, they get better and better, especially karl's diary lol

yeh man.. i was wondering that too...
still couldnt notice any diference....

one thing i would like is some cheat or code to unlock the boots and balls... i am sick entire of the chalange mode..its just totally unrealistc..i mean you gotta score 6 goals in a barca x real madrid macth!?!?!? it aint hard(casue i guess its semi-pro level) but its not realistc...it would be cool to have chalanges like liverpool 0x3 milan after midtime, or bayern x man utd cl 99 final..

anyone got any of the gamescore challenge things done yet

Ive done the score 10 goals in one match on Semi Pro done.

DJ

Well, after a great deal of playing of the game I have to say I still don't feel the passion I felt with PES/WE.

I love the flow of the game, the freedom of movement, the physics, but... I just don't feel the passion I felt playing PES/WE. I score a great goal in FIFA 07 and I'm like kind of satisfied but that's it. Scoring in PES/WE made me jump out of my seat and shout at the screen like I was at a game and caught up in the emotion of it.

I can't put my finger on it but there seems to be a lack of passion and heart in FIFA 07 that playing PES6 seems to give. Additionally, there are a few fundamental flaws that FIFA 07 shouldn't relaly have given it's the 3rd effort on the 360 by EA.

- No way should faces look this bad. I mean come on, they are truly, truly bad.
- The CPU pretty much refuses to head the ball against you the majority of the time. Watching the CPU take the ball down on the chest in front of an empty goal time and time again when in reality you would do a simple tap in header just shows that the decision making AI is flawed.
- I've been given 0 PK's against the CPU in probably 100+ games. Maybe a statistical freak but there's something up there.

Anyway, this FIFA is the best FIFA in probably 8 years but it's still lacking that 'feel' that makes you emotively feel you have something invested in the game you're playing. Playing against humans is fun but then all of the flaws that the PES/WE series has disappear when you play against a human opponent too.

Great effort EA and you deserve all of the credit you've got this year but after a period, I have to return to PES6 now because the game just lacks the passion that keeps me going.

Well, after a great deal of playing of the game I have to say I still don't feel the passion I felt with PES/WE.

I love the flow of the game, the freedom of movement, the physics, but... I just don't feel the passion I felt playing PES/WE. I score a great goal in FIFA 07 and I'm like kind of satisfied but that's it. Scoring in PES/WE made me jump out of my seat and shout at the screen like I was at a game and caught up in the emotion of it.

I can't put my finger on it but there seems to be a lack of passion and heart in FIFA 07 that playing PES6 seems to give. Additionally, there are a few fundamental flaws that FIFA 07 shouldn't relaly have given it's the 3rd effort on the 360 by EA.

- The CPU pretty much refuses to head the ball against you the majority of the time. Watching the CPU take the ball down on the chest in front of an empty goal time and time again when in reality you would do a simple tap in header just shows that the decision making AI is flawed.
- I've been given 0 PK's against the CPU in probably 100+ games. Maybe a statistical freak but there's something up there.

Anyway, this FIFA is the best FIFA in probably 8 years but it's still lacking that 'feel' that makes you emotively feel you have something invested in the game you're playing. Playing against humans is fun but then all of the flaws that the PES/WE series has disappear when you play against a human opponent too.

Great effort EA and you deserve all of the credit you've got this year but after a period, I have to return to PES6 now because the game just lacks the passion that keeps me going.

I 100% agree. I love scoring goals in Pro Evo. It just has no feeling to scoring in Fifa.

It does have it's niggles, some of them are a fair bit more than niggles, but I still just can't get into PES6. After feeling the physics in FIFA 07 it just feels nothing like football, more like Subbuteo. But each to his own.

I understand the passion part, although i havent played it much as im too busy atm with uni. But tbh i didnt have much passion with pes for awhile now either. Ive had about 2 penalties given and only 1 conceded so far in about 50 odd games. But for me, being a mostly single player pes falls way short, even more so as im a liverpool supporter and dont want to play with mersey red. So its either a good fifa with a couple of flaws but a great managermode or its the same old pes with even less features. Just hoping next year see's a good effort from nokami and some good tweaks from fifa.

Well i've just downloaded the new update, cant seem to login now :S

EDIT: never mind its working again!

It does have it's niggles, some of them are a fair bit more than niggles, but I still just can't get into PES6. After feeling the physics in FIFA 07 it just feels nothing like football, more like Subbuteo. But each to his own.

AMEM!
tried to play we10jl and i could finnish the first half of it. feels 100% scripted after you get used to Fifa07 360. also, i do feel passion when scoring goals in fifa, specially casue i still cant score goals easily like i do in WE/PES. the goalies are quite smart in one-one situatuions, and they will actually try to cover a side if you turn your player b4 you shoot. its quite hard, diferently from PES/WE when i would just lob or tap in to the side of the gk.

That passion you feel from scoring a goal in PES comes down to this and only this IMO "holy shit, the ball actually did what I wanted it to" or "yippie, the ball didnt fly straight up and out of the stadium when I barley pressed the shoot button"; thats why you jump out of your seat.......

I'll even admit that I dont jump out of my seat very often with FIFA 07, but I do sit there and watch the replay over and over for great goals(and many times even great dribbles/footwork), something I stopped doing in PES once I realised I didnt have full control over the shooting; or anything for that matter.

And wolf, your opinion is held with a huge grain of salt anymore as far as i'm concerned. Do you remember last year around this time? Yeah you do; when all you did over @ soccergaming.tv was complain (in every other thread) about PES5 and say how FIFA 06 was better :shock:

Last edited:

Theres things in Fifa which just aren't real. Headers are weird compared to real life. You cant score tap ins they are always sort of strange side shots. Holding the left trigger for crosses makes scoring goals way too easy. In one on ones all u have to do is chip and most of the time it goes in. Theres just too many things that annoy me about Fifa for me to enjoy it the way it should be.

That's how I feel about PES. Too many passes go to the wrong man, the passes all move at 1mph which leads to too many interceptions, 90% of the time you tackle and get the ball, it rolls off to the opposition. There's too many CPU-assisted moments of AI (read "cheats to ensure that the game is hard enough for you") and, as I've said before (and as deftones said above), the only reason I celebrate in PES when scoring is because I realise that I've managed to avoid all of the cheats for long enough to score, screwing the programmers of the game over, giving them two fingers - "you tried to stop me with all your cheats and I still scored, fuck you". That doesn't mean it's realistic, it means the total opposite.

FIFA's not perfect, but I've played PES two or three times and instantly turned it off. I've played FIFA at least once a week since it's release, and this is the first FIFA I can say that about. There's times when I miss PES but a quick blast of not being able to get the players on the screen to do what you want them to do, and I'm out of there.

FIFA's not perfect, but I've played PES two or three times and instantly turned it off. I've played FIFA at least once a week since it's release, and this is the first FIFA I can say that about. There's times when I miss PES but a quick blast of not being able to get the players on the screen to do what you want them to do, and I'm out of there.
Thats exactly how I feel. Its not perfect and I don't think any game will ever be perfect, but I feel more like I'm the one in control when I play this FIFA and thats what really matters to me.

my fifa game isn't working when i go to play a game it comes up with disc unreadable

This is exactly how I felt few weeks ago when I stopped playing
FIFA and went back to WE-10 on the PS2...I'm not talking
about PES since I don't have it.
But FIFA just lacks the essence of football....I've been
playing WE10 for the last 2 weeks, and it's amazing....
they've captured the joy of scoring goals, passing, heading,
tackling, attacking, defending.....the essence of football...
Sure it's buggy and so is FIFA...but FIFA feels soul-less....

I think a lot of people (including myself) got very excited
thinking FIFA was a great alternative to WE/PES....but once
you play it for a while...you begin to realize how good PES/WE
really is.
It's not just the gameplay where FIFA is missing.....
but also in the faces of players, many of which are wrong...
On WE, many of the faces are correct and the nets....what
a satisfaction to see the net move realistically when you
stick one in....FIFA oh dear they made nets of steel.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who went back to WE/PES after
experimenting with FIFA....
but I totally respect those who play FIFA....it's not a bad
alternative..

Theres things in Fifa which just aren't real. Headers are weird compared to real life. You cant score tap ins they are always sort of strange side shots. Holding the left trigger for crosses makes scoring goals way too easy. In one on ones all u have to do is chip and most of the time it goes in. Theres just too many things that annoy me about Fifa for me to enjoy it the way it should be.

Same here....I tried to like FIFA with an open mind, but there
were too many annoyances....too less satisfaction.

That passion you feel from scoring a goal in PES comes down to this and only this IMO "holy shit, the ball actually did what I wanted it to" or "yippie, the ball didnt fly straight up and out of the stadium when I barley pressed the shoot button"; thats why you jump out of your seat.......

I'll even admit that I dont jump out of my seat very often with FIFA 07, but I do sit there and watch the replay over and over for great goals(and many times even great dribbles/footwork), something I stopped doing in PES once I realised I didnt have full control over the shooting; or anything for that matter.

And wolf, your opinion is held with a huge grain of salt anymore as far as i'm concerned. Do you remember last year around this time? Yeah you do; when all you did over @ soccergaming.tv was complain (in every other thread) about PES5 and say how FIFA 06 was better :shock:

I still hold to that - PES5 was horrible!

I've doen some more experimenting and the game runs better in 480p.

In 1080p there is slowdown and in 780p there is stutter. 480p NONE
In 1080 they glde more in 480p there are more grounded

Back
Top Bottom