Fifa 11 Career Mode News Thread 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11 Career Mode talk 360/PS3

So its basically the same injuries engine as the WC game. Only carry over injuries from training.

Its better than nothing but its still a joke when PES had injuries in ML nearly 10 years ago.

Thanks Nick for all the efforts. You were already a hero for having the great Tati in your signature, but now I can also like the contents of the posts, not only the signatures! :SMUG:

Really, I trust a lot in your words, as you're one of the regulars here I know I can trust. Thanks agian for the efforts! :WORSHIP:

About the game... I stated before this year I'll try PES seriously. Every bit of news and info is pushing me to that way. I really can't stand fifa at its present form anymore, even playing full manual I'm getting tired of the same things over and over with no depth at all. We need something different than FIFA 10.4.

So its basically the same injuries engine as the WC game. Only carry over injuries from training.

Its better than nothing but its still a joke when PES had injuries in ML nearly 10 years ago.

No Marcel did insist playing injuries are in the game, we just didn't get any in the games we played which is far too little in my opinion...

Nick thanks for asking my question.
;)

Thanks Nick for all the efforts. You were already a hero for having the great Tati in your signature, but now I can also like the contents of the posts, not only the signatures! :SMUG:

Really, I trust a lot in your words, as you're one of the regulars here I know I can trust. Thanks agian for the efforts! :WORSHIP:

About the game... I stated before this year I'll try PES seriously. Every bit of news and info is pushing me to that way. I really can't stand fifa at its present form anymore, even playing full manual I'm getting tired of the same things over and over with no depth at all. We need something different than FIFA 10.4.
I'm hoping PES is great this year, I think EA need the competition and I fear many fans of the game see it the same way as a minor step...

How was the cpu teams' passing accuracy? Any signs of them passing into space, misplacing passes, crosses not going straight to cpu head?

Any signs of variety in tactics, formations, styles of play from cpu teams?

Is cpu's main tactic, no matter which team it is, to hump ball straight towards centre circle, where there is always one unmarked cpu striker, and the ball is magnetically drawn straight to him, and he instantly controls it?

Any signs of cpu teams operating under the same laws of physics as human teams, or are they all super agible with instant control, instant acceleration to top speed, etc?

Does cpu defending still consist largely of cpu barging into you and winning 100% of tackles it attempts?

Nick,
I got a bit confused here about Player-Manager; You pick/create your own player, but you manage the club that player is playing for. Is it possible to transfer to another club, with your player being attached to you. And how will that work? I mean, if your player on the pitch had a nightmare season, but you still won the title, is that a good thing for your career? In other words, what's the most vital: the player's or the manager's career?

And can I put my own player on the transfer list if I want a new adventure?
Thanks!

How was the cpu teams' passing accuracy? Any signs of them passing into space, misplacing passes, crosses not going straight to cpu head?
From 10 to 11 I found this better, playing with the AI on pro I saw passes going astray and noticed a few cleared headers going further than the edge of the D and not straight to the opposition, the ball was still not free enough for me though...

Any signs of variety in tactics, formations, styles of play from cpu teams?
Hard to tell, we only got play two cup games and one of those was aginst same league opposition, we had to sim through the rest to check the cup celebration...

Is cpu's main tactic, no matter which team it is, to hump ball straight towards centre circle, where there is always one unmarked cpu striker, and the ball is magnetically drawn straight to him, and he instantly controls it?

This seemed much better to me, teams would run at you and the skilled players would take you on, they also knocked the ball around far better...

Any signs of CPU teams operating under the same laws of physics as human teams, or are they all super agible with instant control, instant acceleration to top speed, etc?

Playing Chelsea we did find our players getting bullied from the ball as you would expect and Arsenal were skillful and quick, there were occasions when the keepers seemed very quick off the mark and defenders would make up the yards a little too swift but nothing that had me throwing my hands up, apart from a very tight offside call...:JAY::P

The control is another matter, this is still too good for all players in general along with the passing these still need adjustment...

Does cpu defending still consist largely of cpu barging into you and winning 100% of tackles it attempts?
Did not see this... (apart from Chelsea a bit :P)

:PIRATE:

Nick,
I got a bit confused here about Player-Manager; You pick/create your own player, but you manage the club that player is playing for. Is it possible to transfer to another club, with your player being attached to you. And how will that work? I mean, if your player on the pitch had a nightmare season, but you still won the title, is that a good thing for your career? In other words, what's the most vital: the player's or the manager's career?

And can I put my own player on the transfer list if I want a new adventure?
Thanks!
It's a bit hard to explain as I have given more depth on the write up but you can't be a player manager for any other club, other than the one you were playing for and then were given the option as you obtained the level of club legend at that club, if you moved you would become a pure manager...

As for playing the game your stats for single player only log when you play single player...

He insisted playing injuries were in Fifa10 and that turned out to be bollocks.

We are too tainted mate :PIRATE:, I did push this to a point where Phil moved it on and I did put it in at the end again, so apart from just sitting there for half an hour going "INJURIES" or making sure Phil never invites me to nay future events I did all I could... :P

We are too tainted mate :PIRATE:, I did push this to a point where Phil moved it on and I did put it in at the end again, so apart from just sitting there for half an hour going "INJURIES" or making sure Phil never invites me to nay future events I did all I could... :P

I've messaged Rutter after reading your experience with injuries. Hopefully he'll read it and check it like he did with my other concerns in the past.

Fifa10 had boardroom difficulty which affected how much finances you started with and the board's expectations, they could simply tie in injuries into that and the higher level you select the more injuries (and also say player unrest) you may face.

Great writeup Nick. Did you notice any bugs? That was my main concern with FIFA 10

Also the players you tried to sign? Were the responses you got from the player in question's team realsitic?

Do they still have a CM difficulty? What Placebo's says about board difficulty, is that still present? And if so, what does it effect? Transfers, funds, expectations, etc.?

Thanks for the info, Nick.

From a pure development point of view I can understand the desire to consolidate a stable code-base, particularly after last year's shanty town, so I hope it does indeed provide a sound platform for the addition of depth into future titles. Doesn't make us feel particularly good as consumers, though.

Fifa10 had boardroom difficulty which affected how much finances you started with and the board's expectations, they could simply tie in injuries into that and the higher level you select the more injuries (and also say player unrest) you may face.
Hmmm that's a point I didn't see this to be honest, we did pick Utd (Phil's side) in the game and had a 15k weekly wage and a target of "Win the league", so maybe it now goes on your experience rating along with the side you pick, Marcel never mentioned the injuries relating to any thing and I think after the fourth or fifth time of me posing the question and trying to define how many injuries there should be he would have told me...(if only to shut me up :P )

Great writeup Nick. Did you notice any bugs? That was my main concern with FIFA 10

Also the players you tried to sign? Were the responses you got from the player in question's team realsitic?

Did see a league game the day after another and reported it direct to Marcel, also there were place holders for kits etc and missing news links, things you expect in a beta, it also crashed or froze 4 times but again you can only expect things like that, it's hard to pick out bugs in the thing that look like they will still be there in the final product...

As for the signings this was the biggest plus in the game, we had clubs who refused to sell or explained they did not have enough cover in that spot, also telling us they may be interested if we upped our valuation as other clubs were interested, and even when they agreed it did not mean the player would!
We had players saying they didn't want to relocate or just were not happy with the offers and then after the second or third offer just send a mail saying sod off basically :P... From 10 it's night and day...:PIRATE:

Do they still have a CM difficulty? What Placebo's says about board difficulty, is that still present? And if so, what does it effect? Transfers, funds, expectations, etc.?

As I said to Paul I did not notice this to be honest, there were times when other people were going through screens and I was busy filling half a pad with notes so I may have missed a sub menu.. Having said that the TF funds and wages seemed about right in the game and these altered depending on your success so I assume they may also alter if you do poorly...

Thanks for the info, Nick.

From a pure development point of view I can understand the desire to consolidate a stable code-base, particularly after last year's shanty town, so I hope it does indeed provide a sound platform for the addition of depth into future titles. Doesn't make us feel particularly good as consumers, though.

I think if you get it thinking it's going to be a leap you will be very disappointed, all I will say is everything I saw regarding the CM mode and off field was an improvement, I did not find anything I thought was done better in 10, yes some bits were gone and there were some things I thought should be in there as a minimum that weren't, but if you think more rewrite than next level you'll be happy...

Last edited:

Ok, nice. I have some hope if i play this game with Basel or some random Turkish or Russian team :) It could be enjoyable

Thanks for all that info Nick, might actually play through a whole season of CM this year heh

If I was being cynical, which I tend to be, you could say all they have done is copied the WC menu's, they have labelled the extra difference between players in the WC game to be called P+ and they have minimized the MM. Because let's face it, we have no idea how stable it is based on one season, so we can't even tell if it's bug-free, or good enough.

Good point - the menus do look to be based on the WC setup, so though it's an improvement most of the leg work was done by the WC team.

I know some people like the new layout because the added news stuff adds to immersion, but in the WC game, imo, it gets old fast - now the only thing I pay attention to is injury updates for my team.

Yeah, I'm thinking it will be the same as last time where some had a face and others didn't, it did seem odd to see one in the first few weeks of play within the game, seems a shame they couldn't have random ones in there, and from what Marcel was saying we can't go in to edit existing players to even add our own...

I really hope that since they've rebuilt this from scratch they've left their options open for the future - editing players is a popular wishlist addition and we better not hear from them they can't add it in next year or whenever because the code won't allow for it, or something like that. Such a simple little feature and yet it'd add so much to the experience for many of us.

A vital thing this time is stability, I know EA were hurt from that in 10, regardless of sales figures they can't really afford to put out an almost unplayable part of the game again, so maybe they have erred on the side of caution and not put the meat in until they have had the 2 million play testers have been at it... :PIRATE:

As disappointed as I am, I'll admit that from their perspective, thinking from a longterm, multi-year standpoint, this was probably the correct decision - they don't live or die by each year's edition but rather steady long-term success. It just sucks from a fan's perspective because we are the opposite - right now all we care about is the next game.

Nick, do you have a feeling at all that Marcel & Co. know CM is likely to not be received by MM fans all that enthusiastically? I feel like they must know their management mode, especially compared to the competition and even other EA games, offers a pretty shallow experience, yes/no?

When are we gonna get the rest of the info from you, Nick?! :P

It's dropping on the new EA site when that's up(maybe today) after they have a look at it...

It's a well rounded write up I think I've given loads of info and tried to make it a decent read not just a structured stat fest or overloaded with my opinions, tried to end a positive note too...

Once EA have confirmed it's positive enough :P

:LOL:

Out of curiosity, why does EA even need to approve your impressions? Are you dropping any new info?

Oh, and Nick, can't remember you mentioning this but can you confirm whether or not we'll have the option to play either as our VP or control the whole squad (with VP in squad) in Player-Manager?

Out of curiosity, why does EA even need to approve your impressions? Are you dropping any new info?

There will be stuff no one has seen outside a few peeps yeah I doubt that has anything to do with it though at this stage, it's natural really, they don't want me slagging them for no reason or miss leading people I guess...

Oh, and Nick, can't remember you mentioning this but can you confirm whether or not we'll have the option to play either as our VP or control the whole squad (with VP in squad) in Player-Manager?

You can/should though as in player mode playing with the whole team means non of your single player stats are saved...

Back
Top Bottom