PES 2010 Masterleague

I've just started with Spurs, I did a search for a midfield dynamo and my scout recommended Moussa Sissoko, we were after him in the summer :COOL:

I started one with Hearts. Had 32 million after sponsorships and levelled up the scout to 4 and athletic coach to 3 along with doctor. I signed a gem of a Serbian kid on loan for a year. 19 years old AM. Hit a hat-trick in his first game:).

Told my scout to look for a attacker who is avaliable to sign. Voronin was transfer listed and I thought what da hell go for it. Amazingly success. Cost me 4 mill but hopefully his goals will repay the faith I have in him. Like real life he hasn't scored yet though lol

How do your funds look after that huge chunk that gets taken from it early in the season? I have between 4 and 5 million pounds and wonder how I will fare if I don't bag any major titles.

I started with Chelsea and have got to the first window, but cant sign ANY players. I pick neg contract and it says wait for the scout, i can't put in how much i want to offer or anything. Then i wait a few weeks and negs break down, even if i go for the worst player in the game, wtf? Am i doing something wrong? Can i decide how much to offer? Help. Thanks.

How do your funds look after that huge chunk that gets taken from it early in the season? I have between 4 and 5 million pounds and wonder how I will fare if I don't bag any major titles.

After all the running cost come out i had about 12million left. But you will get bonus's back from winning games and gate money, selling players etc

Ive started a Ml with the default team and finished 1 season, now im in the transfer period need good cheap players or young guns who become good

Was planning a night of Master League and now my PS3 wont read any disks. Guess I'll have to read a book or something instead. :(

Has anyone tried that Simulation of Games yet? For those who dont know, when you hit "Go to next Match" in ML it asks you to play it on your own or let the Coach (Simulate) do it.

I tried it for the first Time today, playing a League with Everton and had to face Man United who were cruising with 14 Wins and 1 Loss after 15 Games so i was ready to get owned. Just thought, ah fuck it and lets see what the Coach can do and - i won 1:0. :APPLAUD: Fellaini scored and i even had Nash in Goal cause Howard is injured.

Okay, looks like I’ve ran into what I would regard as a major problemo.

Would I be right in saying that you can no longer mess around with the leagues within the game i.e. you can’t put the ‘other’ teams i.e. Anderlecht, Galatasary etc etc in any league you wish now?

Is it only possible to use Division 2 as a mixed league now? I’ve already heard that the fake teams in there come back once your out of that league, is that correct?

I was hoping to use the Dutch league as a European mixed league.

A knock-on question therefore would be the other teams are useless then? Basically there only there for one-off games and any custom made leagues/cups. Or do they appear in the CL or is that basically made up of the teams from England, Spain, France and Holland? How do they get 32 teams in the Europe comps?

Appreciate a response.

Ta

FD

Everything you've said at the start there is right FD. The knock-on question though; "Other" teams aren't useless, they do appear in the CL/EL on their own, they don't need to be in any kind of league to qualify (which is great IMO).

But, you see the fake teams no matter what you do; fill Division 2 with whichever teams you like and still you'll see PES United and WE United in the CL/EL at some point. I wouldn't mind it so much if A) you could never be drawn against them, B) their players weren't available to buy/sell and C) they always disappeared after the first round, but they don't, they can do quite well for themselves.

Once the patches are out though it won't be a problem I'm sure.

I alos assume that patches can repair this.
For the people who are complaining about the fact that you can't transfer "free" players...just put them in WE United or PES United...
But once again this is an example of Konami doing very weird things...
All in all the ML is a major improvement...

Another thing, at least i think, is that you can't make your own World Cup...(International Cup). If i'm not mistaken the game decides for you which teams participate...if it is possible, i just can't find how to do this...(sorry for the off-topic)

Wow, hang on, what's going on? I'm still waiting for my copy unfortunately, so i don't have the game. What's this about not being able to organise teams in ML? And which kake teams appear? is the ones with the bald players with all the same stats that they used to have?

how do you lads search for wonder kids

Search for players with future potentional. What I cant figure it is why I cant see the full stats of players I'm looking to buy ? This is crazy. I really hope it's linked to a level 5 scout as mine is currently only level 4, but apart from that major gripe, I'm loving this ML. :BOP:

I really hope somebody makes an OF with the Championship teams though, the ML would add another dimension if it had Championship teams in Division 2, especially for the FA Cup.

I have started with Stoke City on Professional, and I really feel like a small fish in a big pond. Professional feels about right for me at the minute and also I need an extra level to move up to once, or if, I qualify for Europe.

I'm currently lying 11th in the 'Premiership' after 7 games, W2 D4 L1. Every game feels like a struggle, although I seem to be performing better at home. The most I have ever scored in one game is two goals, I have had some classic PES 'jump out of your seat' moments though, coming back from a 1-0 defeat in the first leg in the FA Cup to beat Spurs away 2-0 was unbelievable. I changed my tactics at least 4 times in the game, got the 1st goal on 84 minutes after going 4-3-3 to level the tie 1-1 on aggregate, a superb first time volley from my Boro old boy Tuncay, took the game to extra time. I went all out defensive with the sliders and moved back to 4-5-1 as Spurs pushed forward. I was looking to take the tie to penalties, but managed to catch them on the counter, as Fuller bagged with 10 mins left of the 2nd half of extra time. Awesome.

I'm just starting to get a feel of my squad and what every player is capable of. Ricardo Fuller and James Beattie are like a pair of bulls, very strong, great in the air, and both have a decent shot on them. Danny Etherington is a different class on the left, as he is the only one in my side behind the front two, that has dribbling accuracy above 80, therefore he is the one I'm using to create that extra yard and open up play with his tricks and feints.

I have Tuncay playing in the hole, he is the most technically gifted player on my team, with about 6 'player cards' although he only has 78 dribbling accuracy ??? Which means he cant pull of all the tricks.:CONFUSE: I have set his training mainly to improve this stat, so hopefully come January, he will have that 'magic 80' dribbling accuracy stat, that will open up his game massively, and add another dimension to his play-maker capabilities.

My last game was my first against a top 12 team, and it was Chelsea whom I held 0-0 at home. They battered me for 90 minutes, I had two shots on target to their 10. In hindsight I think my tactics were a little too defensive, and I did invite them to come at me, but a point is a point so I was happy with that against one of the big guns. Sorenson had the game of his life and quite rightly got the Man of the Match. He has made only 2 questionable errors so far, but in this game he was on fire.

Some of the moments that made me smile so far ......

Two goals so far coming from a Rory Delap long throw. Both flicked on by Fuller for Beattie to score both with his head. Then the crowd singing 'We only score from a throw in, we only score from a throw in'. Class.

Ricardo Fuller scoring a bullet header after a 40 yard 'Early Cross' pass ( L1 and O) from Etherington. The crowd singing just before the goal 'There is only one Ricardo Fuller'. Priceless.

My home crowd banging out the England classic 'The Great Escape' at the end of every game. I put that in for the crack. :LOL:

My home crowd singing 'Who the f*ucking hell are you, and 'who are ya' ' throughout the game. The classic lower level team's supporters cheekily taunting the big fish.

My home crowd singing 'Football's coming home' after I have scored a goal. It's a new era at the Brittania, so I had to add that chant for my home support.

Tuncay scoring in the stoppage time to beat Wigan 2-1 at their place after pushing the attacking sliders up to maximum to try and get the winner.

Liam Lawerence getting the equaliser against his former club Sunderland to make it 2-2. I started him for Delap as Rory got injured in training. He had a point to prove and scored his first and only goal to date for Stoke. Lawerence then had the cheek to tell me after the game he was unhappy that he wasnt getting many starts ??!!. :LOL: He had a point.

Bringing big Faye up for a corner in the last minute for him to equalise with header. Nice.

So far so good. I'm playing on Broadcast Camera 1 for the 1st time ever, but the game looks gorgeous in this mode and I'm learning to use the radar more and more. This camera view also helps time the tricks and feints easier as you can see so much more. I havent had any real referee problems and every game feels super realistic. I'm completley addicted to this game. The option file and the chants have took the visuals to another level completely and I love going to every away ground and hearing all the teams own unique set of chants.

My target is a Top 10 finish, but hopefully I can make the Top 6-7, and Europe then beckons. :WOOT:

I have a level 4 scout, level 4 fitness coach but an NHS level 1 witch doctor,:LOL:..... I'll take the risk. ;)

I havent bought any players as I only had £730,000 left after paying my wage bill. I sold Cort to Napoli for £268,000, and currently I have £1.7 million for the January transfer window. I have signed a youth player who has the 'Passing' player card, and I gave him a Pro contract, he comes to me in Januray where I can start work on his training.

Well that's it for now ......

P.S. Manual pass on the PS3 stick is absolutely brilliant and very accurate.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris - However I really meant the fake teams that are in the 2nd division when you goto compete in it, funny name teams not WE or PES.

That's great about the Euro teams being in there, that's brilliant, better than what I was proposing to do, however I'm just a little worried about the fake teams I mentioned that appear in the 2nd division will overwrite the teams I want to move into that division.

I aim to use the Dutch League and combine Rodos (my team) and all the other greek teams available in there, then I'll add a few of the German teams that are already in group B of edited teams. My only worry is that once I get promotion (sorry if..........hehe) then I would hope the teams that don't make it up that I've inserted will still be able to fight away for promotion, I don't want those funny fake name teams coming up instead.

Prof - The teams I mean seem to be fakes teams that are not related to the other B group of teams you can edit (as has been done for like missing teams like Bayern etc). It's a group of like 17 other made up teams. I'm presuming it's like WES + PES teams, but these can't be edited or seen in the edit facility.

FD

Prof - The teams I mean seem to be fakes teams that are not related to the other B group of teams you can edit (as has been done for like missing teams like Bayern etc). It's a group of like 17 other made up teams. I'm presuming it's like WES + PES teams, but these can't be edited or seen in the edit facility.

FD

Really! What's the point of them then :CONFUSE:

Sounds stupid.

I don't think you can make mixed divisions FD...unless you have the choice when you begin your ML, i remember the game offers you some options about the set-up of the ML.
I also think you can't start in division 2, but i'm not sure.
I started a ML with Le Mans. My second match was a cup match against one of those fake teams...It should be possible to edit those fake teams...in my ML they would be Ligue 2 teams...

two questions

the second squad is filled whit young fantasy players or how does it work ?
e.g when i start a regular ML whit standard Liverpool Players are there nemeth etc. there or just some fantasy guys ?
nemeth in first squad ?

is the manual search gone ?
coz in editor mode there isnt one, only position and player name
wtf why they remove such things

Your youth teams is composed by the "default crew" i.e. Castolo e.a.
I don't think the manual search is gone (if i understand you correctly, that is).

I was starting in Division 2 when I encountered the problem?

This is where I tried to do the usual mixing of the leagues, but couldn't. However after hearing those stuff that's fine, I'm happy with that.

Just a bit worried about these fake teams over-writing the german and greek teams I enter in the 2nd division once I'm outta there.

I can't recall seeing those team names in the other team lists.

FD

i did exactly like above, but with the second team it went wrong.
the first one, i save as ML1
the second one, i started a new ML with the same unlicensed squad, edit it, save it as ML2

when i now load ML2 or ML1 in exhibition mode, both got the teamname, players and chants of ML2 (the last one editted)

Normally, when the edit-mode was in ML-mode this never happened.
Now in global mode it seams that the ML-savegames use the same user-data,,,

Any suggestions?

did you choose the same unlicensed team for both ml?
because the ditor is global for every game mode.
choose different unlicensed teams.

What about if I edit Team A-R and put them in the 2nd division and for example edit the fake teams to the german teams? Of course it's a lot of work but for me it's worth it if it works.

I'm not quite sure what you guys are on about with the fake teams in the ML tbh. I know I've seen them in D2 but I swapped them with the 4 Scot teams, and a mix of Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Portuguese teams. Will I still see the fake teams then?

Also I agree about the not being able to sign players from other club/national teams not in ML thing. That is pretty shit and Konami need to do something about it.

Only started ML last night with Sunderland with all staff on Level 1. £10mil at my disposal but soon will be cut down to £2mil. Got myself a better Athletic trainer and Doc, but still thinking about hiring a better Coach..

Need more money, so I spent a lot of time with my players. Had to sit with 'em all one by one to know who I don't need. After about an hour half, lol, I reached the conclusion that Mensah and O'Donovan's services are no longer needed; Put them on the Transfer & Loan list.

Then again had another look at my players to sort out my best formation. Had to place Turner in the starting 11 in A. Ferdinand's position who I've moved to RB; Bardsely haven't convinced me enough. Also put in Tainio as a starter instead of Cana with Catermole behind him covering.

There are 2 young guns whom I think will have a bright future with me:
David Meyler & David Dowson. Meyler, 20 atm, is already on the right track with quite a strong physique and a powerful shot. With the right training, he can be one of the best DMs in a few seasons.

David Dowson, who is 21 atm, and supposedly a striker, he seems to have the qualities of an attacking midfielder. As he only has the CF position atm, this fella is going to cost me training him to play as an AMF, but surely is worth every penny.

Hopefully I start my first game today :LOL:

Wow, hang on, what's going on? I'm still waiting for my copy unfortunately, so i don't have the game. What's this about not being able to organise teams in ML? And which kake teams appear? is the ones with the bald players with all the same stats that they used to have?

Not sure what's going because I managed to organise teams fine - there's an option at the start of ML (can't remember the exact wording of it) which means you can swap as many teams around as you like including ones from 'other'. I know this because I added in Bayern M (from wenb option file) as this was the only way I could buy ribery:RANT:

Back
Top Bottom